PDA

View Full Version : Enhancment Bonus to speed NEED HELP PLEASE

Os1ris09
2009-03-04, 11:00 PM
Hey guys I have a quick rule question for general information. Enhancment bonus's as RAW don't stack with eachother. But what about the fast movement bonus's from Scout and Dervish do those bonus's stack with eachother or does the Dervish 15ft bonus override the 10ft bonus from scout?

Also thank you to everyone who helped me build my KICK ASS Ranger6/Scout5/Dervish 10 character. I really love the ending results. :smallsmile::smallsmile::smallsmile:

AslanCross
2009-03-04, 11:07 PM
The higher bonus applies. Bonuses with the same type don't stack, as you've mentioned. It doesn't matter if they're from different sources.

Eldariel
2009-03-05, 05:00 AM
Sensibly they should stack, but for some reason WoTC decided that all classes with gradually improving speed bonuses (Monk, Scout, etc.) must have enhancement bonuses while all classes with one-shot improvements like Barbarian, Druidic Avenger et co. can keep their typeless bonuses. The outcome of this is that e.g. Monk's movement bonus is almost useless until ~level 14 because a simple Expeditious Retreat gives the same bonus to everyone and it doesn't stack with Monk's movement speed.

So yea, by the rules as written they don't stack, but it's a very reasonable thing to houserule.