PDA

View Full Version : Make A Symbiont

EdroGrimshell
2009-03-05, 08:17 PM
I need some symbionts for an upcoming campaign, it's heavy in aberrations, incarnum, and psionics (keep in mind the incarnum and psionics for some of the symbionts).

A general theme for this would include, the level a symbiont can be created by a daelkyr half-blood.

DracoDei
2009-03-05, 08:32 PM
Hmmm... if you are saying they are really common... I came up with the general fantasy concept of magically mutated white mice, fancy rats, ferrets, hamsters etc etc that will bond with a host so they don't have to be cared for in any active way... parasitic pets. You have hermit wizards who have a pet squirrel on their fore-arm to pet when they get lonely, and, unlike the last 4 this one won't starve to death if they get too wrapped up in their work for a week to remember to feed it... men who were born blind (and thus normal healing magic doesn't work on) with their guide dog bonded to their leg (by the tail?) and high society girls arguing about which color of forehead mouse is "in" this year... and in a reversed version, cavalry champions who are fed and hydrated by their horse rather than the reverse...

They would be animals up until the final mutation spell, which would push them over the border to abberation. I have a fairly detailed idea of how the whole thing works biologically. So... would that be worth typing up as a template or something?

EdroGrimshell
2009-03-05, 09:05 PM
I'm just asking for symbionts, what your thinking is ... just plain wierd. no offense (everyone i know including myself have had similar ideas). Anyway, i said aberrations were common. the campaign is in the underdark with a daelkyr half-bloods, a homebrew race called a xorian (a humanoid version of the daelkyr half-bloods), a human, an azurin, and a maenad, they all use symbionts to fight the aberrations and eventually the daelkyr.

I am making a PrC focused around symbionts where they generate the symbionts and make them a cohesive whole.

EdroGrimshell
2009-03-06, 10:06 PM
Come on. Nothing? No one has a symbiont they want to add on here

EdroGrimshell
2009-03-07, 06:16 PM
:bump:
anyone, please

Drogorn
2009-03-07, 08:01 PM
I think you need to explain in more detail what you want.

OverWilliam
2009-03-07, 08:13 PM
I think you need to explain in more detail what you want.

Just this.

EdroGrimshell
2009-03-08, 11:16 AM
Sorry if i wasn't clear, i just want some ideas for symbionts. In particular are ones with a bit of a psionic or incarnum bent. This is open for your own interpretation as to the way the symbiont works. Some other things include evolved versions of existing symbionts (one i have is a crawling gauntlet called an eldritch claw [think a warlock symbiont]).

anyway, thanx for telling me i needed to clarify. i have a slight problem with not explaining things enough or explaining too much

DracoDei
2009-03-08, 03:09 PM
Ok, buit that still doesn't really explain to me why my parasitic pets wouldn't qualify. I mean it wouldn't be the sort of thing a Daekyr would tend to make, but if you have a CG half-daelkyr I could see him/her/it biomancing those out of ordinary pets for any number of reasons. (The dog could be an act of charity, which might, if half-way true-breeding (more on this if we actually get into the details of how I see the biology behind that particular mutation template working), would be a gift to the world.

Note to self: Make mutation only kick in after female has weenied first round of puppies?

EdroGrimshell
2009-03-08, 03:40 PM
Alright, i see your point. make them as you see fit.

JoshuaZ
2009-03-14, 11:17 PM
I haven't statted any out but here are a few ideas:

1) A symbiont that gave you an increase power point pool (it would normally have some pool and when the symbiont is grafted to you its pool is treated as part of your pool).

2) A symbiont composed of both living and undead flesh that gave someone grafted to it a point of essentia and the ability to use a necrocarnum soul meld.

3) A symbiont that sensed souls and let the user know whenever there was a being with the incarnum subtype nearby.

Edit: Edited for grammar.

Pyrusticia
2009-03-15, 05:04 AM
Something for the melee artists out there:

Parasitic weapons and armor. These have fast healing (x), and can heal even from sundering/shattering/etc, but the points they heal come from the wielder's hp. X can be virtually any number (subject to GM approval); they come in a variety of strengths, depending on how quickly you're willing to risk having your hp drained.

Note that these are PARASITES, not symbiotes...i.e., they will heal themselves regardless of your condition. Yes, this can kill you. Yes, this means that even if a lvl 1 character has the gold to pick up an admantium parasitic sword with fast healing (20), it'd be a really bad idea for him to do so. :smallamused: