PDA

View Full Version : [Flaw] Well, nobody's perfect...

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-09-04, 12:11 PM
Thought I might share some flaws (see Unearthed Arcana) that I've used for a few characters of mine.

Also, if you have any flaws you've written, feel free to post them here and I'll make a list.

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_

Drowsy [Flaw]
You require 2 more hours of sleep or meditation than others of your race to function properly and take a -2 penalty to saves against sleep-based spells and abilities.

Night Terrors [Flaw]
Your sleep is constantly beset by intense nightmares. There is a 20% chance every hour that you sleep that you awake screaming. Upon awakening at any time you are considered Shaken until you have been conscious for 1d4 hours.

Somnambulist [Flaw]
Your mind becomes so hyperactive while unconscious that you spend the night sleepwalking. A sleepwalker can take simple actions such as moving his base speed in a random direction or picking up objects. You are considered flat-footed, and take a -20 penalty on spot checks so that though you are unlikely to walk off a cliff, you may not be able to find a doorknob to let yourself out of a room. You are not consciously aware of your actions. You can be awakened with a swift shaking or sudden loud noise, though awake automatically if you sustain any damage.

Whale Dream [Flaw]
You are a member of an aquatic race with especially strong emotional ties to the water. If you do not submerse yourself in a natural body of water at least one per day you take a -1 penalty to all attack, damage and save rolls until you do.

World Weary [Flaw]
You have seen much in the world, leaving you with an abnormally heavy heart. You gain only half the benefit from morale bonuses (minimum 1). As well, you take a -2 penalty to saves against Crushing Despair and other like spells and abilities.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-09-04, 12:14 PM
Nice. Like 'em.

martyboy74
2006-09-04, 12:17 PM
What happens if you have drowsy and a ring of sustance? Is it 4 hours?

Somnabulist brings up this question: What is in a Rope Trick?

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-09-04, 12:19 PM
What happens if you have drowsy and a ring of sustance? Is it 4 hours?
Sounds about right.

Just added a couple more in I'd forgotten.

martyboy74
2006-09-04, 12:22 PM
You may want to put that either if you're immune to fear effects, that you can't take Night Terrors, or that it bypasses your immunity.

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-09-04, 12:26 PM
You may want to put that either if you're immune to fear effects, that you can't take Night Terrors, or that it bypasses your immunity.
Being immune to fear automatically makes you immune to being shaken, at which point you obviously can't call this a flaw.

Kinda like blind folks taking the 'unobservant' flaw ::)

Yuki Akuma
2006-09-04, 01:18 PM
Being immune to fear automatically makes you immune to being shaken, at which point you obviously can't call this a flaw.

Although it would still really mess wizards up.

NullAshton
2006-09-04, 01:49 PM
So hero feast for breakfast lunch and dinner, and you can't be shaken. Thus, Night Terrors is the perfect flaw for fighters.

Unless you use the suggestion again of bypassing immunity, of course. And it not being cured even by magical healing. And with drowsy, it's not really a flaw again if you have a ring of sustaining or one of those sustaining ioun stone thingies.

Gralamin
2006-09-04, 02:10 PM
Something confusing: Night terrors + Kalashtar. Constantly being attacked by quori? Crazy? or just undo able?

Lord_Arkaine
2006-09-04, 02:13 PM
Inspired by the topic...

Well, Nobody's Perfect [Flaw]
You no longer benefit from natural 20s. All 20s are treated as normal 20s and you may not threat critical hits from a roll of 20. You do not roll additional dice or automatically succeed.

martyboy74
2006-09-04, 02:18 PM
Inspired by the topic...

Well, Nobody's Perfect [Flaw]
You no longer benefit from natural 20s. All 20s are treated as normal 20s and you may not threat critical hits from a roll of 20. You do not roll additional dice or automatically succeed.
That seems, well, really powerful. No more critical hits?

Lord_Arkaine
2006-09-04, 02:19 PM
That seems, well, really powerful. No more critical hits?

Not really no more crits, just no more on a 20. Extend it further.

Gralamin
2006-09-04, 02:21 PM
well that becomes perfect for a wizard who doesn't need to critical (say because they use effects)

Lord_Arkaine
2006-09-04, 02:23 PM
well that becomes perfect for a wizard who doesn't need to critical (say because they use effects)

This applies to all 20s, not just crits or attack rolls...

Yuki Akuma
2006-09-04, 03:14 PM
This applies to all 20s, not just crits or attack rolls...

So.. attack rolls and saves? Those are the only two types of rolls that auto-succeed on a 20. ;)

Lord_Arkaine
2006-09-04, 03:25 PM
Depends on the campaign I suppose...

How about "all 20s are rerolled?"

Pegasos989
2006-09-04, 03:30 PM
I don't get it. So if a fighter has 20/x3 weapon, he becomes unable to crit? If he has 19/x3 weapon, he threats on 19 but not on 20? Seems rather wierd... Would rather just put "20 is not auto success" but keep everything else fine. The current way it is quite confusing and block crits from many builds.

Then again, without the crit thingy it would not be worth anything as in most cases 20+mods is high enough to succeed in stuff anyways. :/

EDIT: The rerolling 20s might actually be a good flaw.

Holocron Coder
2006-09-04, 05:15 PM
What if you didn't roll all d20s, but just the first one in an attack attempt? (so, if a person rolls two 20s in a roll, it would end up succeeding.)

Shazzbaa
2006-09-04, 05:19 PM
Wow, Somnambulist could be..inconvenient. 0_o Especially for party members: "Oh, crap, where'd he go this time...?"

Actually, would you be aware enough of your surroundings to determine which way you go, or would you move randomly? When you woke up, would you necessarily know where you were?

Hey, my werewolf took Murky-Eyed, and he's got Scent. :P Well, that still works against him when I'm not close enough to pinpoint with scent, but still.

Luircin
2006-09-04, 06:07 PM
Can't Hit Hard [Flaw]
Through either hesitation, lack of skill, or sheer bad luck, you find it difficult to land a telling blow.
Prerequisites: Proficient in all martial weapons.
Effect: Reduce your critical threat range on any weapon you wield by half, rounded up. Thus, an 18-20 threat range would only threaten a critical on a 20. If the weapon's threat range is 20, you may not score critical hits with that weapon

Bloodlust [Flaw]
Your savagery oftentimes distracts you in combat.
Prerequisites: BAB +1
Effect: Whenever you kill a creature in combat or knock a creature unconscious with a melee weapon, you must spend a full-round action next round mutilating the body or reveling in the victory in some other way. If you felled the creature with some other attack, you must spend a full-round action the next round moving toward the felled foe. You may choose your route, but only if you end your turn as close as possible to the fallen creature.

NullAshton
2006-09-04, 06:14 PM
Why not make all 20s count as 1s?

Luircin
2006-09-04, 06:22 PM
Zoological Obsession [Flaw]
You are obsessed with a type of creature and cannot bear seeing one come to harm.
Effect: Choose a type of creature, such as humanoid, dragon, or abberation (Subject to DM approval). You may not deal lethal damage against that type of creature or attempt to harm them in any way (Includes ability damage or drain or any magical effect that does not include "harmless" under its saving throw). If you unintentionally harm one of these creatures, you are shaken for an hour. This effect bypasses fear immunity.

Additionally, if you see a creature of this type die, you take a -2 morale penalty to all attack rolls and saving throws for 24 hours.

I need to figure out better titles... suggestions for this one?

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-09-04, 07:59 PM
Here's one I just whipped up:

Love of Nature [Flaw]:
You love the outdoors much more than nessessary.

Effect: Anytime you leave the outdoors for more than 1 hour, you take a minus -1 on all attack rolls, skill checks, and saving throws. When you return to the outdoors, you regain these loses.

Lord_Arkaine
2006-09-04, 08:02 PM
Why not make all 20s count as 1s?

For the same reason you don't make all 2s count 1. 5% extra automatic failure sucks big time, especially when it comes out of the HIGH end.

DMgrinder
2006-09-04, 11:51 PM
Gnome [Flaw]
Effect: You are a Gnome.

Gralamin
2006-09-04, 11:53 PM
From a dragon magazine:
Corpse (Flaw)
Your dead, but hey you have an extra feat!

Lord_Arkaine
2006-09-04, 11:58 PM
Flawed [Flaw]
You have a flaw.

Gyrfalcon
2006-09-05, 01:30 AM
From a dragon magazine:
Corpse (Flaw)
Your dead, but hey you have an extra feat!

I wonder if a DM would allow you to apply this to an undead character. You're still dead! Just... undeader then most.

Winged One
2006-09-05, 01:44 AM
Can you take Night Terrors if you are immune to fear sometimes, but not all the time? Oh, and I also suggest allowing it to bypass immunity to fear.

Brickwall
2006-09-05, 03:50 AM
Incontinent [Flaw]

Whenever under a situation that would cause stress (fear, combat, etc), you wet yourself. This can cause clothes not washed to get fungal growths, and can also cause dehydration if done more times in any 24 hour period than your constitution score (see rules for dehydration in the DMG).You cannot have an accident more than once per minute.

NullAshton
2006-09-05, 08:02 AM
Phobia of Trees[Flaw]
Any time you see a multitude of trees, roll a 1d4. On a 1, you believe the trees are going to attack you and must run away. On a 2, you believe the trees are going to attack you and must attack them for 1d6 rounds.

Umbral_Arcanist
2006-09-05, 12:57 PM
Chaotic Stupid [FLAW}

You are incapable of acting rationally

effect: work with your DM to create a chart of actions based on a roll of d%, assign potential actions your character can perform, roll each round to see what your character does....
All mechanical effects you choose are detirmined randomly.....

For more fun roll to see whether you perfrom two move, a standard and move or full round actions (and any possible free actions)

NullAshton
2006-09-05, 01:09 PM
Bah. Just have it make your character permanently affected as if by the confusion spell. Much simpler.

Kamakazee_Gnome
2006-09-06, 01:53 AM
On a simmilar note:

Lawful Stupid [flaw]
Prerequisite: lawful allignment.

You are incapable of violating any law of the land, no matter how inane or outdated. Additionally, if you see another creature violating a law, you must attack them, or at least loudly rant against them and refuse to work with them ever again. Also, if you asee a matress tag cut off, a similar reaction ensues.

If forced to commit an unlawful act, you *must* seek attonement, and then consider the person who forced you into it as a sworn nemesis.

Paladins who take this weakness lose their powers if they ever violate a law, and recieve a boot to the head from the DM for taking the flaw. ::)

Mike_Lemmer
2006-09-06, 03:08 AM
Chaotic Stupid [FLAW}

*snip*

For more fun roll to see whether you perfrom two move, a standard and move or full round actions (and any possible free actions)

This needs modification on the basis that most Chaotic Stupid actions happen just prior to combat, not during it.

Mike_Lemmer
2006-09-06, 03:12 AM
Can't Hit Hard [Flaw]
Through either hesitation, lack of skill, or sheer bad luck, you find it difficult to land a telling blow.
Effect: Reduce your critical threat range on any weapon you wield by half, rounded up. Thus, an 18-20 threat range would only threaten a critical on a 20. If the weapon's threat range is 20, you may not score critical hits with that weapon

Eh, I'd have issues with the 20 rule. You need to give them some chance to crit. I'd say they'd only score a critical if they rolled a 20 on their threat as well.

NullAshton
2006-09-06, 07:57 AM
Eh, I'd have issues with the 20 rule. You need to give them some chance to crit. I'd say they'd only score a critical if they rolled a 20 on their threat as well.

Not really a chance. How about just move the critical range 1 upward, so there's a 5% chance you won't crit?

Luircin
2006-09-06, 09:21 AM
Not really a chance. How about just move the critical range 1 upward, so there's a 5% chance you won't crit?

Well, Improved Crit and keen both double the threat range of a weapon. If it was only -1 to a weapon's crit range, everyone who could would take this and Improved Critical and have an enhanced critical range without burning a (non-flaw-granted feat for it.

Though looking at it again, it is a bit complicated. Perhaps I should change how it makes criticals unlikely...

Luircin
2006-09-06, 09:25 AM

How about this:

Can't Hit Hard [Flaw]:
Effect: You take a -8 penalty on all rolls to confirm a critical hit.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-09-06, 10:21 AM
Tone-Deaf
You are tone-deaf.
Flaw: You take a -4 penalty on Perform checks involving singing or playing a musical instrument.

Lousy Timing
You have lousy timing.
Flaw: You take a -4 penalty on Perform (comedy), Perform (oratory), Bluff, Profession (acting), and Diplomacy checks.

How about this:

Can't Hit Hard [Flaw]:
Effect: You take a -8 penalty on all rolls to confirm a critical hit.

Why have that prerequisite?

Luircin
2006-09-06, 11:31 AM
Why have that prerequisite?

So wizards and clerics and people who don't care about scoring critical hits won't take that flaw and get a free feat off it.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-09-06, 12:02 PM
Um... there are characters who don't care about scoring critical hits?

Closet_Skeleton
2006-09-06, 12:20 PM
Adrenaline Junkie [Flaw]
Prerequisite: Ability to rage
You suffer a cumulative -1 penalty for every (60 - your character level) minutes that passes since the last time you used your barbarian rage ability.

Arrogant [Flaw]
Prerequisite: One ability score 18+
Your a smartass who nobody likes. Subtract your highest ability modifier from all charisma based checks.

Unempathic
You have trouble understanding emotions. You suffer a -4 penalty to all sense motive and diplomacy checks.

Cack handed
Prerequisite: Str 14+
You effectively have two off hands. You add only 1/2 your strength modifier to damage when wielding a weapon in one hand and only 1 times your strength modifier to damage when wielding a weapon in two hands. When wielding a weapon in your off hand, you still add 1/2 your strength modifier as normal.

Luircin
2006-09-06, 12:21 PM
Um... there are characters who don't care about scoring critical hits?

Okay, there are characters who care a lot LESS about scoring crits. Like the cloistered cleric who does little but buff and heal. Or the rogue whose critical hit damage is maybe ten points at most and whose damage comes almost entirely from sneak attack. Or the wizard whose spells have a remarkable lack of attack rolls.

Luircin
2006-09-06, 12:24 PM
Adrenaline Junkie [Flaw]
You suffer a cumulative -1 penalty for every (60 - your character level) minutes that passes since the last time you used your barbarian rage ability.

-1 penalty to what?

Treguard
2006-09-06, 12:57 PM
Okay, so this is specifically for a monk character I was devising:

Shamefully shackled

Due to your past transgressions you have opted to atone by willingly shackling your wrists together, displaying your shame for all the world to see. Although the manacles binding your wrists are non-magical, your last shreds of dignity and honour demand you to uphold your bonds. Although the manacles have enough give for the most rudimentary of tasks they effectively render a persons' arms useless. Your time spent wearing the manacles has been a difficult learning process but they are now very much a part of you and your life; you are still limited in certain areas however.

Prerequisite: Monk class
-4 to hit with any weapon except unarmed strikes or natural attacks.
-2 to grapple, swim, climb, balance and diplomacy checks

further edit: Reworked the flaw to veer it away from "Vow" status.

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-09-06, 01:07 PM
Ok, everyone needs to keep in mind that the flaw does not need to be worse than the feat you are gaining in exchange. Some of the ones I've seen are worth several feats.

Adrenaline Junkie [Flaw]
Need to specify what takes a penalty. Also, this is kinda nasty as a 1st level barbarian can only rage once per day period. So by the end of the day he must have at least a -23 penalty. Thats just not going to work.

Arrogant [Flaw]
Your a smartass who nobody likes. Subtract your highest ability modifier from all charisma based checks.
The mechanics on this are kind of wonky. Also, this means the higher leveled you get the more obnoxious you become?

Unempathic
You have trouble understanding emotions. You suffer a -4 penalty to all sense motive and diplomacy checks.
Whooooa, this is way too harsh. This is worthy of the gain of two feats since its the equivalent of a two feat loss.

Shamefully shackled

Due to your past transgressions you have opted to atone by willingly shackling your wrists together, displaying your shame for all the world to see. Although the manacles binding your wrists are non-magical, your last shreds of dignity and honour demand you to uphold your bonds. Although the manacles have enough give for the most rudimentary of tasks they effectively render you arms useless.

-2 Dex, -2 Cha
-4 to grapple, swim, climb and balance checks
This is an interesting concept, but it almost seems more like a Vow. And though its great for RP, its rather extreme and worth far more than a simple feat.

Treguard
2006-09-06, 02:02 PM
This is an interesting concept, but it almost seems more like a Vow. And though its great for RP, its rather extreme and worth far more than a simple feat.

Hmm, after looking through a few vows I had to agree with your comment. Do the new alterations make it better as a flaw or is it simply the whole concept that still makes it Vow-worthy?

Luircin
2006-09-06, 02:09 PM
Ok, everyone needs to keep in mind that the flaw does not need to be worse than the feat you are gaining in exchange. Some of the ones I've seen are worth several feats.

Really? I was under the impression that flaws are meant to be worse than negative feats because PCs will naturally take flaws that minimize their disadvantages. Take the flaws in Unearthed Arcana: -3 to a save as opposed to +2. Or a permanant -1 penalty to AC instead of that conditional +1 bonus from Dodge.

fangthane
2006-09-06, 02:11 PM
Adrenaline Junkie [Flaw]
Sorry, but that's just a bad flaw. Even a barbarian with lots of rages (call it, say, 4 at level 12) is going to frequently have a -7 or thereabouts penalty (presumably to hit?) and because he'd use his rages as soon as they're available, he may or may not (<1% chance) be able to rage when an encounter actually happens. If anything, I'd change this so that it instead forces the barbarian to fly into a rage at even the slightest sign of a threat (i.e. a dog snarling, even if restrained, first sight of any potential opponent, whether hostile or not, with weapons ready, etc) so long as he has one available.

Arrogant [Flaw]

A -4 (minimum) penalty to every cha-based skill? That's too powerful a flaw; half it and you're cooking with gas.

Unempathic

This, I like. Makes sense and since it's only to two specific skills, it's not overpowered.

Cack handed
Prerequisite: Str 14+
You effectively have two off hands. You add only 1/2 your strength modifier to damage when wielding a weapon in one hand and only 1 times your strength modifier to damage when wielding a weapon in two hands. When wielding a weapon in your off hand, you still add 1/2 your strength modifier as normal.
I'd have thought a flaw with this name would mean you could critically fail on an attack roll of 2, myself ;) I'm not sure how I feel about effective strength reduction though, given that Wizards think it's important enough that a +2 to strength needs two -2 stats to balance it for a half-orc...

VT, a question:

If you do not submerse yourself in a natural body of water at least one per day
One what? One hour, one minute, one round, one bath...? I'd tend to think at least 10 minutes but if you've used this I suspect you have a clearer impression of what you mean than I do :)

NullAshton
2006-09-06, 04:50 PM
I like Adrenaline Junkie. Comeon, what kind of barbarian doesn't activate rage in combat?

Unempathic is good, since some people simply just don't use those skills.

Cack handed... ooo! I can reduce my penalty for low health with it! You should probally make it say strength BONUS...

Yeah, arrogant should be half your highest ability modifer bonus. I wanna make a sorcerer with that flaw now.

NEO|Phyte
2006-09-06, 05:02 PM
I like Adrenaline Junkie. Comeon, what kind of barbarian doesn't activate rage in combat?
One thats out of daily rages?

fangthane
2006-09-06, 05:07 PM
Heh... When I DM I tend to try to fake out the barbarians... They've learned that the best time to trigger a rage isn't necessarily right at the outset, because often my critters will lead with Calm Emotions or be either deceptively powerful or weak... So they don't instantly rage every combat, because they know that they'll be hosed when they really need to. :)

My answer would have been "one who's obligated to rage once every 6 hours instead, to minimise his penalties" :) but if the penalties are just to combat rolls it'd be too easily abused and if not, it's too harsh. Forcing the use of a class feature just to regain the status quo isn't right.

NullAshton
2006-09-06, 05:14 PM
One thats out of daily rages?

They get 1-5 of them. x.x

The flaw is very powerful at low levels, weak at high levels.

fangthane
2006-09-06, 05:43 PM
Here's another thought with respect to the adrenaline junkie flaw...

How well does it work at level 60, when the barbarian takes an infinite penalty while still raging? :)

Closet_Skeleton
2006-09-07, 11:56 AM
They get 1-5 of them. x.x

The flaw is very powerful at low levels, weak at high levels.

I tried to balance the fact that higher level barbarians can rage more by making them have to rage more often. This flaw was supposed to force barbarians to be careful about raging. It was supposed to be a penalty to skill checks and attack rolls, but I seem to have forgotten to mention it. Maybe cap it at a minimum of every 20 minutes. Maybe change the time completly if it's utterly unreasonable.

The real reason I wrote that flaw was to express a concept I'd seen in a few places. Barbarian rage just seemed like an adrenaline related ability.

Unempathic should maybe be reduced to -3 -3, as that would make it 1.5 times as effective as the feats that do similar things. However since it effects social skills maybe it deserves to be higher.

Arrogant probably should be halved now that I look at it.
Yes, it is supposed to make you more obnoxious if you level up.

Zelc
2006-09-07, 03:56 PM
The problem with Umempathic is the Dwarf Barbarian with a 6 Cha is going to be the one taking it, and he's not going to be the party diplomat in the first place. Basically, unless the DM keeps forcing him into social situations, the flaw has no downside.

fangthane
2006-09-07, 05:26 PM
That's why ultimately the DM has to take responsibility for his campaign world and tell such a character sorry, no go, or specifically force situations where it comes into play. I do that kind of thing to my characters all the time; dangle a big shiny hook in front of someone who's good at personality skills, then have the half-orc get accosted by the town guard. :)

Fenria
2007-08-06, 12:44 PM
Hey, I'm making a female character right now, and I wanted her to be an intense feminist. So I thought of a Flaw for it...

Feminist
Prerequisite: Must be female
You are automatically mistrusting of all men, of any race. You take a -4 penalty on all charisma based checks when interacting with males.

Input?

Arakune
2007-08-06, 01:11 PM
Fury
You lose you control when damaged.
Flaw: When you receive damage you become furious. You can't think cleary and try to attack the subject who damaged you. You will use use feats (such as Power Attack) and abilities (such as rage) that enchance your damage and don't require too much thinking every round if possible to attack your oponent, you receives +1 on damage rolls and -1 on attack rolls and can't use spells. After the battle you take temporay ability loss of -2 Str, Dex in addition of any penalty you normaly receive by using any ability or feat.

Joltz
2007-08-06, 02:55 PM

Shamefully shackled

Due to your past transgressions you have opted to atone by willingly shackling your wrists together, displaying your shame for all the world to see. Although the manacles binding your wrists are non-magical, your last shreds of dignity and honour demand you to uphold your bonds. Although the manacles have enough give for the most rudimentary of tasks they effectively render a persons' arms useless. Your time spent wearing the manacles has been a difficult learning process but they are now very much a part of you and your life; you are still limited in certain areas however.

REGAL BRYANT!@@ had to say it...

I like a lot of these. I'm not a fan of flaws to begin with, but some of these are cool.

Feminist looks ok to me. You need to specify what happens in unknown situations. What happens if they're talking with a man dressed up as a woman? Can the character tell which gender that dragon is? stuff like that

Fury seems rather vague. Horrible too. Can it be resisted? The penalties/limitations seem similar to barbarian rage, but you have to use it anytime you're hit. Also, what happens if two people hit you? Can you attack either, or just the one that most recently attacked you? Finally, when does the rage end?

Edivad
2007-08-06, 04:07 PM
Vulnerable to Magic [Flaw]
Magic is particularly effective against you.
Effect: You have a -2 penalty to all Fort and Will saves against spells. When subject to spells that allow no save and cause force damage(like Magic Missile)., you take +1 damage/die
Comments: This might be a bit too bad...I might remove the "increased damage"part. Perhaps I might make it "if you would ever gain Spell Resistance from any source, decrease it by X"instead

Frail Bones [Flaw]
Your bones are frail and quite vulnerable to blows.
Prerequisite: Constitution 13 or below
Effect: Blunt attacks have a +2 damage bonus against you.
Comments: Should be ok...blunt attacks are relatively common, so this isn't a "weak"flaw.

Naive [Flaw]
You are too trusting.
Prerequisite: Wisdom 13 or below
Effect: You have a -4 penalty on Sense Motive checks, and a -2 penalty on all Will saves against Illusion spells.

Easy to Read [Flaw]
Your body involountarily shows your intentions.
Prerequisite: None
Effect: You have a -4 penalty on Bluff checks. Intelligent opponents gain a +1 AC bonus against you in melee, as they can easily predict what your next movements will be.

Bad Posture[Flaw]
You have horrible balance.
Prerequisite: Dex 13 or below.
Effect: You have a -4 penalty on alll checks to remain standing - this includes the Balance skill and resisting being bull rushed.

Slow Healer [Flaw]
You have problems healing your wounds
Prerequisite: Con 13 or below.
Effect: You naturally heal half as fast - that is, 8 hours/a full night rest restores 1 hit point for every 2 characters level you have. Keep track of fractions - at level 1, you will naturally heal 1 HP every 2 days. You also heal 1 point of ability damage every 2 days(rather than just 1).
When subject to healing spell, the healing you receive is decreases by -2 hit points/die - a Cure Light wounds cast by a level 1 cleric would heal you of only 1d8-1 HP(rather than 1d8+1).

Kyace
2007-08-06, 05:20 PM
Limited Weapon Training [Flaw]
Your neglected your weapon training or were never taught how to use many weapons.
Prerequisite: Must be proficient with all martial weapons
Effect: You lose your martial weapon proficiency and gain proficiency with all simple weapons if you do not have it. If you gain martial weapon proficiency from a second class, you instead proficiency with a single type of martial weapon, such as a longsword or a longbow
Special: You can still qualify for feats and prestige classes as if you had martial weapon proficiency.

Hows this look?

Jaguira
2007-08-06, 05:28 PM
Hey, I'm making a female character right now, and I wanted her to be an intense feminist. So I thought of a Flaw for it...

Feminist
Prerequisite: Must be female
You are automatically mistrusting of all men, of any race. You take a -4 penalty on all charisma based checks when interacting with males.

Input?
Being a feminist just means you think men and women should be equal. I suggest coming up with a different name for it; we get enough bad rap as it is. Oh! And making/allowing a male version :3

Other then that, I like it. Good for backstories/cultural contexts.

Fenria
2007-08-06, 07:05 PM
hmm....another name....oh, I've got one...

Sexist
You are automatically mistrusting of members of the opposite sex, of any race. You feel that they are beneath you in most, if not all, areas. You take a -4 penalty on all Charisma based checks when interacting with members of the opposite sex.
(does not apply unless one can tell what sex the creature they are interacting with is)

Better? It also allows for a male version :)

P.S. Sorry about the feminist thing, I was thinking of a friend of mine when I wrote it. She claims that she's a feminist, but really she just uses it as an excuse to hate guys.

puppyavenger
2007-08-07, 08:07 AM
Arrogant [Flaw]

What if you have more than 18 in cha?

Fredderf
2007-08-07, 09:05 AM
I think I got what you were saying with the feminist flaw. He was gunning for a really far out there feminist, which is what many people think of when hearing it.

Limited Training seems like a good flaw. Makes perfect sense to me as well.

Maldraugedhen
2007-08-07, 01:49 PM
Detached [Trait]
You aren't affected much by rallies, or very easily taken aback.
You take half of the effect of all morale bonuses and penalties. You take a -2 penalty to Charisma-based skill checks, but others have a harder time reading you, and so Sense Motive checks against your Bluffs or to get a sense of your emotions are done at a -4 penalty.

Empathic [Trait]
You tend to get caught up in the heat of things.
Subtract 2 from your Will save. Double the effects of all morale bonuses and penalties. In addition, when an ally within 20 feet is affected by a mind-created effect (including Fear effects, as well as Fascination, Confusion, certain Dazzle effects, Nausea, or certain Sickened effects), you suffer or profit from the same effect unless you pass a will save. This also extends to any spells with the [Mind-Affecting] descriptor. Add 2 to all of your Charisma-based skill checks for your ability to connect with people, but add 4 to any Sense Motive checks against you to read your emotions or to detect your bluffs.

What if you have more than 18 in cha?
Double the penalties, since it would mean you're a REALLY arrogant prick.

Kraggi
2007-08-07, 02:21 PM
I don't play DnD, so if this is terrible just tell me.

Ugly as the south end of a northward bound horse [Flaw]
You are really, really, really ugly. You suffer a -4 charisma modifier to all charisma related checks when dealing with the opposite sex, and -2 when dealing with members of the same sex. Because nobody likes uggos.

Fizban
2007-08-07, 10:05 PM

Shamefully shackled

Tales of Symphonia much?

I think it works better as a vow myself, since it's.... a vow. Can't think of what benefits it would provide though. Probably some bonus against non-living creatures, since you can use your full power against them (if you have played that game, you'll know the scene I'm talking about), or at least innanimate objects. Except it's not particularly exalted.

Anyway, I'd give it a flat -2 penalty to anything that would require the use of one hand, and -4 if it would normally require two, it's really hard to use your hands if they're bound unless it's a really long chain. Then you could make it a trait and add something like bypass hardness or deal double damage against objects. The prerequisite of monk class actually works against the idea of it as a flaw, since it requires that the person minimize the flaw's effects.

Of course, this assumes the same kind of vow as Regal's, "I will never kill with these hands again." If you just want someone wearing handcuffs, it's just a flat penalty.

littlechicory
2007-08-08, 01:04 PM

Shamefully shackled

[snip]

REGAL~ *fangirls for a little bit*

If you're the same person as mentioned this on Gaia, I still want the stats.

---

In other news:

EDIT: *finally gets Unearthed Arcana* There's already an Inattentive flaw? Well, darn... :smallredface: Whoops. Sorry.

Paragon Badger
2007-08-09, 12:49 AM
Harkle Harpel's Curse [Flaw]
Even if no one else is effected by critical failures when casting spells, you are. (Often to humorous, albiet unhelpful, effect... such as summoning a stuffed toy version of the animal when using Summon Monster IV)

TheOOB
2007-08-09, 01:10 AM
Restricted Arcana[Flaw]
Prerequisites: Ability to cast spells
Choose a school of magic you can cast, all spells of that school are considered one level higher for you, though you still cast them at their normal spell level and save DC. Thus a wizard who chooses enchantment would need a 4th level spell slot to cast suggestion, though it's save DC would still only be 13 + Int modifier.

Duke of URL
2007-08-09, 07:21 AM
Perfection [Flaw]
You are perfect, having no flaws whatsoever. Except this one. As such, your head explodes in an acute attack of paradox. Roll a new character.

:smallbiggrin:

Edivad
2007-08-09, 09:05 AM
Perfection [Flaw]
You are perfect, having no flaws whatsoever. Except this one. As such, your head explodes in an acute attack of paradox. Roll a new character.

:smallbiggrin:
Funny, but here's my idea instead...
Maybe you are so perfect that all other PCs - and NPCs, assuming your DM gives them flaws - who DO have flaws dislike you believing you are extremely arrogant and nasty even if you aren't?
It's not so rare for really skilled and talented people to be disliked, you know...

Anyway, what do you people think about my flaws? Vulnerable to Magic/Frail Bones/Naive/Easy to Read/Bad Posture/Slow Healer? Do you feel they are balanced enough? I tried to make them significant enough that they are actually worth a feat, and not juts for show...

Edivad
2007-08-09, 09:17 AM
Here's 3 new flaws...

Lethargic[Flaw]
You need to sleep a lot to be at your best.
Prerequisite: Must have the need for sleep
Effect: If you don't sleep at least ten(rather than eight)hours, you have a -2 penalty to ALL ability and skill checks.

Unlucky[Flaw]
You have really bad luck.
Prerequisite: Must have the need for sleep
Effect: Rolling a natural 20 does NOT mean automatic success for you. Rolling a natural 2 has the same effect for you as a natural 1 - that is, automatic failure. You can never take any luck-related feats.

Easily Distracted[Flaw]
You have trouble concentrating on something for more than a few seconds.
Effect: You can't take 20 on skill checks, and on any skill check which requires more than a round(=six seconds)you have a -2 penalty.

firepup
2007-08-09, 09:55 AM
Harkle Harpel's Curse [Flaw]
Even if no one else is effected by critical failures when casting spells, you are. (Often to humorous, albiet unhelpful, effect... such as summoning a stuffed toy version of the animal when using Summon Monster IV)

Until the person who does this against a rabid stuffed animal collector. It could be the one they need.
Let's make some rules for this. Maybe concentration check when you cast a spell in addition to when you cast spells on the defensive, on a failed roll roll on the higher level scroll thing in the DMG?

littlechicory
2007-08-09, 01:34 PM
Limited Time [Flaw]
You aren't going to live that long anyway.
When a character with this flaw reaches middle age, the DM secretly rolls his or her maximum age, which is the number from the Middle Age column on the Aging Effects table in whatever source you're using for the race, plus the result of the dice roll indicated on the Maximum Age column on that table, and records the result, which the player does not know. A character who reaches their maximum age dies of old age at some time during the following year, as determined by the DM.

Jaguira
2007-08-09, 01:47 PM
hmm....another name....oh, I've got one...

Sexist
You are automatically mistrusting of members of the opposite sex, of any race. You feel that they are beneath you in most, if not all, areas. You take a -4 penalty on all Charisma based checks when interacting with members of the opposite sex.
(does not apply unless one can tell what sex the creature they are interacting with is)

Better? It also allows for a male version :)

P.S. Sorry about the feminist thing, I was thinking of a friend of mine when I wrote it. She claims that she's a feminist, but really she just uses it as an excuse to hate guys.
I think that fits it better- sexist gets the point across more accurately.

And hey! Don't worry about it. Thanks for taking my critique into consideration, as well x3;

Lapak
2007-08-09, 02:45 PM
Easily Distracted[Flaw]
Effect: You can't take 20 on skill checks, and on any skill check which requires more than a round(=six seconds)you have a -2 penalty.I like this one a lot. That's a reasonable but significant penalty that makes good sense in the context of the flaw.

Duke of URL
2007-08-09, 04:14 PM
Ok... a more serious one this time, but limited to less common PC races...

Non-Aerodynamic [Flaw]
How do you even manage to stay up in the air like that?
Prerequisite: Fly speed minimum 20' and poor or better maneuverability
Effect: Your fly speed is reduced by 10' and your maneuverability drops by one category.

Paragon Badger
2007-08-10, 05:42 AM
NPC Properties [Flaw]
You are a PC, but the universe registers you as an NPC. All other PCs must make a DC 25 spot check to notice you, As well as a DC 25 Listen check to hear you when you are speaking. A DC 30 Will save is required for other PCs to remember you exist the moment you become irrelevant to their immediate interests.

Gengy
2007-08-10, 10:23 AM
...NPC Properties...

BRILLIANT.

Unfortunately, the DCs are a bit high for low levels... I'd suggest dropping the 25s down to 15s, and the 30 down to 20.

Still room for the errors to happen, but a level 1 campaign won't leave your character as totally ignored.

DanielLC
2007-08-11, 12:23 PM
Nobody Likes You [Flaw]
You must make a DC 15 Diplomacy or Intimidate check in order for people to react to anything you do. You also take a -2 penalty to any other Diplomacy and intimidate checks. This doesn't apply to areas where it would be beneficial, such as fighting or getting a free room in an inn.
Prerequisite: you must be something like this in real life.

Nobody Thinks You Exist [Trait]
You either weren't supposed to be born, or you were supposed to die earlier. This is the same as Nobody Likes You, except it can work in your favor. If you attack someone, they will know you exist, but until you do, they don't.
Note: I'm thinking of making it take a full-round action to get someone's attention instead.

The DM Hates You [Flaw]
The universe seems to be conspiring against you. The situations you always seem to get stuck in for no apparent reason are just bad enough to make up for an extra feat.
Prerequisite: the DM must not like you in real life.
Special: if you're a munchkin, this flaw also makes up for any meta-game advantages you have.

The DM Likes You [Feat]
The universe seems to be conspiring to help you.
Prerequisite: the DM must care more about you than the other players.

Paragon Badger
2007-08-13, 08:04 PM
Cannot Swim [Flaw]
You take a 1 on every Swim check. (This is NOT an automatic fail, however.) You still have this flaw even if you put skill ranks into Swim... it just means that you are better at flailing wildly about in a fashion that vaguely resembles swimming.

I have this flaw in real life, and I didn't even get a cool feat for it. :smallfrown:

jindra34
2007-08-13, 08:14 PM
Cannot Swim [Flaw]
You take a 1 on every Swim check. (This is NOT an automatic fail, however.) You still have this flaw even if you put skill ranks into Swim... it just means that you are better at flailing wildly about in a fashion that vaguely resembles swimming.

I have this flaw in real life, and I didn't even get a cool feat for it. :smallfrown:
same here. though i believe i got a feat for it.

Paragon Badger
2007-08-21, 04:02 AM
Well Endowed [Flaw]
Prerequisites: Female
You have particularly large... naughty pillows. You suffer a -1 size penalty to AC, and enemies will be more inclined to engage in a grapple with you. Additionally, All male characters must make a will save (DC: 10) to avoid ignoring everything you say while in a conversation. You also suffer a -2 jealousy penalty to all charisma checks with all female characters who do not have Well Endowed. You also suffer a -4 shame penalty to all charisma checks with male characters who are a member of your family.

...Or a feat?

Weapon Proficiency: Boobs [General]
Prerequisites: Level 4, Female, Well Endowed Flaw.
Benefit: You have learned to live with your curse. Nay, profit from it! You may use a standard action to swirl your boobs around in your hands and say "Hey, look! Boobs! Don't you want to pay attention to the girl who has boobs!?"

Your boobs count as a gaze attack that causes fascination for 1d4 rounds. The will save to negate the effect of your boobs is 20. A character is immune to the effects of your boobs if they succede on the will save by 5 or more. A mirror cannot be used to negate the effect of this gaze attack.

Female characters, family members, and Dwarven clerics of Thor are immune to this effect.

Lyinginbedmon
2007-08-21, 04:27 AM
Well Endowed [Flaw]
You have particularly large... naughty pillows. You suffer a -1 size penalty to AC, and enemies will be more inclined to engage in a grapple with you. Additionally, All male characters must make a will save (DC: 10) to avoid ignoring everything you say while in a conversation. You also suffer a -2 jealousy penalty to all charisma checks with all female characters who do not have Well Endowed. You also suffer a -4 shame penalty to all charisma checks with male characters who are a member of your family.

...Or a feat?

Benefit: You have learned to live with your curse. Nay, profit from it! You may use a standard action to swirl your boobs around in your hands and say "Hey, look! Boobs! Don't you want to pay attention to the girl who has boobs!?"

Your boobs count as a gaze attack that causes fascination for 1d4 rounds. The will save to negate the effect of your boobs is 20. A character is immune to the effects of your boobs if they succede on the will save by 5 or more. A mirror cannot be used to negate the effect of this gaze attack.

Female characters, family members, and Dwarven clerics of Thor are immune to this effect.

A lot of people would question whether these are "Flaws". I wouldn't personally, but I'm sure people would.

littlechicory
2007-08-21, 09:22 AM
Accident-Prone [Flaw]
Bad things just tend to happen to those around you. Everyone around you takes a -1 penalty to Reflex Saves (allies, enemies, NPCs, whatever).

BisectedBrioche
2007-08-21, 09:30 AM
Weak Heart [Flaw]
You have a dodgy ticker. This gives you a stress limit equal to your constitution modifier. Certain situations increase your stress level for certain amounts of time. See the table below for some stressors (the DM may add more at his or her own discretion);

Stressors

{TABLE=head]Stressor|Duration|Change
Previous heart attack|1 hour|+1
In combat|As long as combat continues|+1
Shaken|As long as the effect lasts|+1
Frightened|As long as the effect lasts|+2
Panicked|As long as the effect lasts|+3
Fatigued|As long as the effect lasts|+1
Exhausted|As long as the effect lasts|+2
Sneak Attacked|2 Rounds|+3
Surprised|The round which follows the surprise round|+3
Surprising News*|1d20 rounds (or 1d20*6 seconds)|+3
Illness|As long as the effect lasts|+1[/TABLE]
*What counts as "surprising is up to the DM

If the character's stress level exceeds their constitution modifier (The maximum level may be no less than 5, no matter how low their constitution score is) they must make a DC 10 Fortitude save (they may sit down and rest as a full action for a +5 bonus). If they succeed on their save then nothing happens, and the most recent stressor (i.e. the one which induced the attack) is ignored. However if they fail they immediately fall prone and are treated as being at 0 hp (with all rules for stabilising them and death applying). If they are stabilised they regain all previous hit points (minus 1d6) and the stressor(s) which induced the attack are ignored. They suffer 2 points of strength damage and 1 point of constitution damage which can be restored with a restore spell or healing 10 points or more damage.

littlechicory
2007-09-11, 11:07 AM
Alien Hand Syndrome [Flaw]
Your right hand knows not what your left hand does.

Choose an action that your off hand will always be trying to accomplish, even when it's really not appropriate to be doing so. Your hand has an Ego score like an intelligent item, using your mental ability stats to calculate it. When you try to do something that requires both hands (wielding a two-handed weapon, Dexterity-based skill checks, somatic spell components, etc.), you have to make a Will save against DC 10 + hand's Ego, or your hand will attempt to perform its designated action instead, causing you to fail in your intended action.

This flaw is a doozy. Maybe it's worth two feats? Edit: Never mind.

Roderick_BR
2007-09-11, 12:47 PM
So hero feast for breakfast lunch and dinner, and you can't be shaken. Thus, Night Terrors is the perfect flaw for fighters.

Unless you use the suggestion again of bypassing immunity, of course. And it not being cured even by magical healing. And with drowsy, it's not really a flaw again if you have a ring of sustaining or one of those sustaining ioun stone thingies.
But then again, you'll need a Heroes Feast every single morning. The cleric's gonna be annoyed to be the coffee guy, besides being the band-aid guy.
Although there are easier ways to overcome it, like a courage effect (inspire courage, remove fear, etc)

boomwolf
2007-09-11, 12:57 PM
TroubleShooter [Flaw]

you may use only ranged attacks, if an opponent attacks you with a face-to-face attack you must roll a will save of DC 15 or run away.

Perfectly Overconfident [Flaw]

Prerequisites: no other flaws
you may not take any more flaws. ever.
you can never retreat from a battle, and never reject any challenge.

jindra34
2007-09-11, 12:59 PM
Alien Hand Syndrome [Flaw]
Your right hand knows not what your left hand does.

Choose an action that your off hand will always be trying to accomplish, even when it's really not appropriate to be doing so. Your hand has an Ego score like an intelligent item, using your mental ability stats to calculate it. When you try to do something that requires both hands (wielding a two-handed weapon, Dexterity-based skill checks, etc.), you have to make a Will save against DC 10 + hand's Ego, or your hand will attempt to perform its designated action instead, causing you to fail in your intended action.

This flaw is a doozy. Maybe it's worth two feats?

Flaws are meant to be doozies because character's will take flaws for minimum impact on their chosen ability set.

Wolfman42666
2007-09-11, 01:32 PM
I just don't care[flaw&trait]
-5to all initive checks ever, no matter how story based.
Due to what others percieve as a lack of interest, you are often accused of having a sexual perference frowned upon by society in general. While you can have a sexual preference, with this flaw you don't have to.

+2 against all bluff checks, as your natural apathy frees thinking space to what whoever your talking to wants from you.
This also applies to sense motive and spot, though your apathy prevents you taking action immediatly (see above)

Also you have immunity to the following "traits"

Well Endowed [Flaw]

...Or a feat?

If another character points theses details out to you you merely laugh and say that's never gonna work on me, leading to futher speculation about your sexual preferences, if this occurs you take a -2 penalty to bluff checks to make a character,with knowledge of this event, change their point of view (alignment)

Kenbert
2007-09-11, 01:57 PM
Designed for a character of mine who came to realize that the brutality he showed toward enemies was unnecessary. Without meditation, it is difficult for him to cope with guilt.

Broken Spirit [Flaw]
The character must spend two hours in daily meditation (in addition to time required for sleep if any). For each day that the required time is not spent in meditation, a cumulative -2 penalty accrues for all attack rolls and saving throws until meditation is performed.

RelentlessImp
2007-09-11, 10:15 PM
[Flaw] Attention Deficiency: Minor

Nothing seems to hold your interest for longer than six seconds. You find yourself incapable of holding a conversation for longer periods of time, and are often in a daze, thinking about things other than what you are supposed to think about. For this, you take a -4 penalty to all Concentration checks and a -4 penalty to all tasks that require more than six seconds (one round) to complete. Also, you suffer a -4 penalty to all Bluff, Intimidate and Diplomacy checks due to your inattentive nature. You may not or Take 20 on a skill check. You may still take 10. This flaw is worth one feat. These penalties are negated when conversing with someone who shares your inability to concentrate.

[Flaw] Attention Deficiency: Major

Same as Attention Deficiency: Minor, but all penalties are increased to -8 instead of -4. This flaw is worth 2 feats. You may not take 20 on a skill check, though you may still Take 10. These penalties are negated when conversing with someone who shares your inability to concentrate.

[Flaw] Attention Deficiency and Hyperactivity

Did you have too much sugar this morning? Do you need to switch to decaf? These are questions often asked of you, which are generally ignored because you've already moved on to some other task. For all tasks that require more than six seconds (one round) of concentration, you suffer a -6 penalty. As well, you also suffer a -2 to all Concentration, Bluff, Intimidate and Diplomacy checks. You must also always make a Concentrate check when casting spells, whether while casting defensively or not, and suffer a -4 penalty to do so while in combat. This effect is cumulative with the -2 from the non-combat portion of this flaw. You also may not Take 10 or Take 20. This flaw is worth three feats.

And to go with them:

[Trait] Supreme Concentration
Requirements: Attention Deficiency: Minor or Major, or Attention Deficiency and Hyperactivity

Despite your inability to concentrate, you find that there is one thing that makes you zone out, gives you focus as long as you are working on it. Choose one skill or three spells that share at least one descriptor in common (such as Fireball, Delayed Blast Fireball and Scorching Ray all having the [Fire] descriptor) while engaged in a task involved in the skill check, or when casting the spell, you negate the penalties associated with your flaw. You also gain a +4 competence bonus to Bluff, Intimidate and Diplomacy rolls while explaining the process of what you are doing; this does not add to the roll associated with actually performing the task, merely explaining it. You may also Take 10 or Take 20 when it is appropriate to do so when engrossed in your selected ability.

Kenbert
2007-09-11, 10:31 PM
Very interesting flaws ... Although to be honest, I'm not sure I like the whole 2-feat deal from "major" attention deficiency. I'd say just keep it to minor. This could be a severe hindrance to a player as it is.

itsmeyouidiot
2008-06-22, 03:22 PM
Easily Distracted[Flaw]
Effect: You can't take 20 on skill checks, and on any skill check which requires more than a round(=six seconds)you have a -2 penalty.

That's me! I'm not really able to focus on something for, um....

Hey, is that a Bicentennial Quarter? Cool!

Guyr Adamantine
2008-06-22, 03:54 PM
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff62/GuyrAdamantine/threadnecromancer0qh-1.jpg

boomwolf
2008-06-22, 04:06 PM
"I just don't care" is the work of a mastermind.

Lucky Curse
Even if an attack misses its target completely, it is likely somebody will get hurt, usually you. on the bright side-even things that cannot miss sometimes do. and then again, somebody else takes the hit. usually you.

Prerequisite: no luck feats, 1st level only.

Effect:Whenever an attack directed on anyone within your sight is missed, there is a 50% chance it will strike a random target within 5 ft. of the original target. if you are one of the optional random targets you have twice as much chance to be hit then anyone else.
In addition any spell or effect that cannot miss, such as magic missile, requires an touch attack (ranged touch for ranged spells and effects) and suffers from the normal effects of this flaw.
You may not take luck feats.

Long. complecated, yet very, very amusing. and a decent effect actually.
Best on a character with auto-heal to partly negate the effects. great when getting separated from your group. (unless two enemy factions fight around you, it will only cause opponents to hit each other.)
Can be used as a feat for a solo game.

Jest noticed it got necrod....oops...

Innis Cabal
2008-06-22, 04:08 PM
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff62/GuyrAdamantine/threadnecromancer0qh-1.jpg

Mini-modding, its good for the soul

Eurus
2008-06-22, 09:40 PM
Well hey, seeing as it's already been revived...

Foreigner [Flaw]
You are not native to these parts, and have had some trouble adjusting.
Prerequisites: Must hail from a land substantially different and distant from the country/kingdom you primarily inhabit now. If you spend more than a week in your native land, you lose this flaw and the provided bonus feat until you leave.

Effect: You suffer a -2 penalty on all Knowledge checks made regarding the people, land, organizations, or history of any land besides your own. Also, anyone who makes a DC 10 Sense Motive check can tell that you are a foreigner.

Thick Accent [Flaw]
You suffer from an extremely thick accent, making it difficult for those of nationalities other than your own to understand you.
Prerequisites: Foreigner flaw

Effect: You take a -2 penalty on Charisma-based checks when dealing with those of nationalities different from yours. In addition, beings with an Intelligence of 10 or less must make a DC 10 Wisdom check to understand anything you say.

Strange Customs [Flaw]
Though you are long-removed from your homeland, its customs and cultures are still ingrained into your mind.
Prerequisites: Foreigner flaw

Effect: Choose at least three customs or taboos from your homeland, subject to DM approval. If you break any of these taboos, you suffer a cumulative -1 penalty on all ability and skill checks, attack rolls, and saves for 24 hours, to a maximum of -4.

Marked Man [Flaw]
You have cheated death, and it's not happy with you.
Prerequisites: Have died or been in a near-death situation at least once.

Effect: You lose hit points twice as quickly and never stabilize naturally if reduced to negative Hit Points. You also take a -1 penalty on saving throws against negative energy and instant death effects.