Wombstrangler
Size/Type: Large Undead
Hit Dice: 14d12 (90 hp)
Initiative: +5
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 22 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +12 natural), touch 10, flatfooted 21
Base Attack/Grapple: +7/+19
Attack: Tentacle +14 melee (1d6+8)
Full Attack: 8 Tentacles +14 melee (1d6+8)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft. (15 ft. with tentacles)
Special Attacks: Improved grab, womb of undeath, mother may I
Special Qualities: Undead traits, blindsight 60 ft., DR 10/slashing, immunity to cold, fast healing 3, turn resistance +5, uncontrollable
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +12
Abilities: Str 26, Dex 12, Con –, Int 6, Wis 16, Cha 20
Skills: Hide +8, Intimidate +11, Listen +8, Move Silently +8, Spot +8
Feats: Power Attack, Ability Focus (Womb of Undeath), Improved Initiative, Improved Overrun, Combat Reflexes
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary of Family (1 Wombstrangler plus 3-12 Zombies)
Challenge Rating: 12
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Always Neutral Evil
Advancement: 15-20 HD (Large), 21-28 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: –

Wombstrangler are despicable undead made from the severed umbilical cords of stillborn children. Each appears to be a shambling mound of fleshy tentacle-like umbilical cords, featureless, though some form their tentacles into a feminine face. Within the Wombstrangler is an engorged, warped womb filled with deathly cold amniotic fluid laced with negative energy. Because of the potent command Wombstrangler’s have over the undead, and their ability to create zombies from those who die in their wombs, many necromancers seek to create them. However, Wombstranglers are notoriously free willed, and can break away from the necromancer’s control at almost any moment.

Improved Grab (Ex)
To use this ability, a Wombstrangler must hit a Medium or smaller opponent with its tentalce attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can try to place the foe in its womb the following round.

Womb of Undeath (Su)
By making a successful grapple check, a Wombstrangler may place a grappled creature of medium size or smaller within its engorged womb. A creature placed in the womb must make a DC 24 Fortitude save or be nauseated for as long as it remains in the womb and for 5 rounds thereafter. Each round a creature is in the womb, it must make another DC 24 Fortitude save or take 1d3 points of Con drain. Both saves are Charisma based. A creature reduced to 0 Con this way dies and is reanimated as a zombie under the control of the Wombstrangler, and is “birthed” from the womb. A creature can cut its way out by dealing 20 points of damage to the womb (AC 16). Once the creature exits, muscular action closes the hole; each creature must cut its own way out. The Wombstrangler’s womb can hold 2 Medium, 8 Small, or 32 Tiny or smaller creatures.

Mother May I (Su)
Any undead creature that comes within 100 ft. of a Wombstrangler must make a DC 22 Will save or fall under the control of the Wombstrangler. A Wombstrangler may control up to 28 HD of undead, not counting zombies created by its Womb of Undeath. In addition, all undead under a Wombstrangler's control, including her zombies, gain a +4 profane bonus to Strength and gain turn resistance +3. The save is Charisma based.

Uncontrollable (Ex)
Each day a Wombstrangler is controlled by another creature, there is a 10% chance it will break free of its control. If the controlling creature is the creator of the Wombstrangler, there is only a 1% chance.

Creation
A Wombstrangler can be created by a spellcaster capable of casting Create Greater Undead with a caster level of 20th or higher. Rather than casting the spell on a single corpse, the caster must first gather 10,000 umbilical cords cut from stillborn children, and the womb of a single creature of medium or large size. He must then build a mound from these, burying the womb at the center, and cast the spell on it.

martyboy74
2006-08-11, 02:14 PM
Can these things and atrophals...mix?

The Demented One
2006-08-11, 02:16 PM
Oh god...that's...my soul hurts. I'll stat it up.

martyboy74
2006-08-11, 02:20 PM
Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! ;D

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-11, 02:22 PM
*twitch twitch*
Thats... thats creepy... but sooo Evil...
*twitch*

Fax Celestis
2006-08-11, 02:35 PM
GAH!

BelkarsDagger
2006-08-11, 02:41 PM
I have a feeling Demented_One enjoys making monsters focused/based around childbirth...

The Demented One
2006-08-11, 02:43 PM
I have a feeling Demented_One enjoys making monsters focused/based around childbirth...
The sickest thing is, I statted this one up while babysitting...

martyboy74
2006-08-11, 02:48 PM
The sickest thing is, I statted this one up while babysitting...
Sick? That explains everything!

ghost_warlock
2006-08-11, 03:12 PM
This oddly makes me hungry for spaghetti and meatballs.

Yeah, I'm twisted...

ExHunterEmerald
2006-08-11, 03:14 PM
And once again, Demented wins the CREEP THE WOMBAT OUT OF ME award.

The Demented One
2006-08-11, 03:33 PM
Can these things and atrophals...mix?
You asked for it.

Queen of the Blighted Womb
Size/Type: Huge Undead (Abomination, Evil)
Hit Dice: 90d12+360 (1440 hp)
Initiative: +13
Speed: 50 ft. (10 squares), fly 250 ft. (perfect)
Armor Class: 59 (-2 size, +5 Dex, +46 natural), touch 13, flatfooted 54
Base Attack/Grapple: +45/+79
Attack: Tentacle +70 melee (2d6+23 plus Con drain/19-20)
Full Attack: 8 Tentacles +70 melee (2d6+23 plus Con drain/19-20) and Eye Ray +52 ranged touch (energy drain/19-20)
Space/Reach: 15 ft./15 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab, womb of undeath, mother may I, rebuke undead, constitution drain, energy drain, spell-like abilities, summon wombstrangler
Special Qualities: Abomination traits, undead traits, DR 20/epic and good and slashing, SR 55, cold immunity, resistance to fire 20, blindsight 200 ft., fast healing 45, turn resistance +20, negative energy aura, truly uncontrollable
Saves: Fort +29, Ref +34, Will +62
Abilities: Str 56, Dex 20, Con –, Int 30, Wis 30, Cha 52
Skills: Bluff +114, Concentration +114, Diplomacy +114, Hide +90, Intimidate +114, Knowledge (Arcana) +103, Knowledge (Religion) +103, Knowledge (The Planes) +103, Listen +103, Move Silently +98, Search +103, Sense Motive +103, Spellcraft +103, Spot +103
Feats: Power Attack, Ability Focus (Womb of Undeath), Improved Initiative, Improved Overrun, Combat Reflexes, Ability Focus (Constitution Drain), Ability Focus (Energy Drain), Improved ToughnessCW (x4), Awesome Blow, Improved Critical (Tentacle), Improved Critical (Eye Ray), Cleave, Great Cleave, Weapon Focus (Tentacle), Flyby Attack, Dodge, Mobility, Improved Flyby Attack
Epic Feats: Dire Charge, Improved Combat Reflexes, Negative Energy Burst, Overwhelming Critical (Tentacle), Penetrate Damage Reduction (Adamantine), Superior Initiative, Undead Mastery, Zone of Animation, Devastating Critical, Epic Prowess (x3)
Environment: Demiplane, see below
Organization: Solitary or Family (Queen plus 25-50 Wombstranglers plus 45-100 Dread Wraithes plus 100-500 Zombies)
Challenge Rating: 40
Treasure: Triple Standard
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Advancement: Use your imagination.
Level Adjustment: –

The Queen of the Blighted Womb is an enigmatic, all-powerful undead, somehow born from the union of an aeons-old Wombstrangler and an Atropal. The beings merged, forming an abomination of near divine power. The Queen currently lurks deep within the depths of the multiverse, in a small, womb-like demiplane, overrun by the undead.

Improved Grab (Ex)
To use this ability, the Queen of the Blighted Womb must hit a Large or smaller opponent with its tentalce attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can try to place the foe in its womb the following round.

Womb of Undeath (Su)
By making a successful grapple check, the Queen of the Blighted Womb may place a grappled creature of large size or smaller within its engorged womb. It is not alone though–the Atropal child of the Queen is their as well, fused to the Queen’s womb. A creature placed in the womb must make a DC 78 Fortitude save or be nauseated for as long as it remains in the womb and for 4d6 hours thereafter. Each round a creature is in the womb, it must make another DC 78 Fortitude save or take 10 points of permanent Con drain and gain 8 negative levels. Both saves are Charisma based. A creature reduced to 0 Con or that gains negative levels equal to its HD this way dies and is reanimated under the control of the Queen–its body as a zombie, and its spirit as a dread wraith, and is “birthed” from the womb. A creature can cut its way out by dealing 50 points of damage to the womb (AC 33). Once the creature exits, muscular action closes the hole; each creature must cut its own way out. The Queen’s womb can hold 1 Large, 3 Medium, 12 Small, or 48 Tiny or smaller creatures.

Mother May I (Su)
Any undead creature that comes within 1 mile of the Queen of the Blighted Womb must make a DC 76 Will save or fall under the control of the Wombstrangler. The Queen of the Blighted Womb may control up to 900 HD of undead, not counting undead created by its Womb of Undeath. The save is Charisma based.

Spell-Like Abilities
At will—animate dead, blasphemy, create greater undead, create undead, cone of cold, desecrate, greater dispel magic, finger of death, greater invisibility, inflict moderate damage, plane shift, slay living, speak with dead, spectral hand, greater teleport, unholy aura; 5/day—haste, project image, weird. Caster level 90th; save DC 31 + spell level.

Rebuke Undead (Su)
The Queen of the Blighted Womb can rebuke or command undead as a 96th level Cleric.

Constitution Drain (Su)
When the Queen of the Blighted Womb hits a living opponent with a tentacle attack, the opponent takes 5 points of permanent Constitution drain, or 10 points on a critical hit. The Queen heals 20 points of damage, or 40 points on a critical hit, whenever it drains Constitution, gaining any excess as temporary hit points. These temporary hit points last a maximum of 1 hour. The attack allows a DC 76 Fortitude save to negate. The DC is Charisma-based.

Energy Drain (Su)
When the Queen of the Blighted Womb hits a creature with its eye ray, which has a range of 400 ft., the resultant energy drain bestows four negative levels, or eight negative levels on a critical hit. For each negative level bestowed on an opponent, the Queen heals 10 points of damage, or 20 on a critical hit, gaining any excess as temporary hit points. These temporary hit points last a maximum of 1 hour. After 24 hours have passed, the afflicted opponent must attempt a Fortitude save, DC 76, for each negative level. If successful, the negative level goes away with no harm to the creature; otherwise, the creature’s level decreases by one. The DC is Charisma-based.

Summon Wombstrangler (Sp)
As a standard action at will, the Queen of the Blighted Womb may summon 1d6 Wombstranglers.

Negative Energy Aura (Su)
A 60-foot-radius spread negative energy aura spreads from the Queen of the Blighted Womb. All undead in the field (including the Queen) are treated as if having turn resistance +20 and fast healing 40. Living creatures in the aura are treated as having ten negative levels unless they have some sort of negative energy protection or protection from evil. Creatures with 10 or fewer HD or levels perish (and, at the Queen’s option, rise, their bodies as zombies and their souls as dread wraiths, under the Queen’s command 1 minute later).

Truly Uncontrollable (Ex)
The Queen of the Blighted Womb is immune to effects that would place it under the control of another creature, such as rebuking and the control undead spell.

martyboy74
2006-08-11, 03:36 PM
Yes! Now, what would happen if that got control of a helpless Hecatoncheires... ;D

The Demented One
2006-08-11, 03:37 PM
Yes! Now, what would happen if that got control of a helpless hecatontchieros... ;D
LALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!*

*Because I got a natural 1 on my listen check, that's why.

martyboy74
2006-08-11, 03:42 PM

Hmm, maybe VT will do this...

Spakken
2006-08-11, 04:27 PM
you are one sick and demented person.... well done!

martyboy74
2006-08-11, 04:47 PM
you are one sick and demented person.... well done!
Heck, you might even say that he is "The Demented One". ::)

The Demented One
2006-08-11, 09:44 PM
Heck, you might even say that he is "The Demented One". ::)
Did I choose the name, or did the name choose me? Ooh, I'll stat that up later.

Zeal
2006-08-11, 09:56 PM
Ick, all I can say about this.

It is one big pile of filthy ick.

Good job!

Jarl
2006-08-13, 01:15 AM
This reminded me of an idea I had last night. +5 Keen Wounding Vorpal Bastard Sword of Womanbane.

-The Monzetsu.

The Demented One
2006-08-13, 01:22 AM
This reminded me of an idea I had last night. +5 Keen Wounding Vorpal Bastard Sword of Womanbane.

-The Monzetsu.
Nooothing Freudian about that at all.

Jarl
2006-08-13, 02:25 AM
Criticals are defined as an attack getting past armor and everything and doing damage to internal organs, right?

-The Monzetsu has an extremely enhanced likelihood of crits.

The Demented One
2006-08-13, 02:32 AM
Criticals are defined as an attack getting past armor and everything and doing damage to internal organs, right?

-The Monzetsu has an extremely enhanced likelihood of crits.
Wait a second. If you're right then...how is necrophilia even possible?

Brickwall
2006-08-13, 02:35 AM
Tentacles+womb=Horribly disturbing thoughts. It's just HORRIBLE. I mean-AUGH. I'm gonna have to use this someday.

Jarl
2006-08-13, 05:12 AM
Wait a second. If you're right then...how is necrophilia even possible?
I dunno. Gals in the Monzetsu series have hyper-elastic insides and are apparently barren, as they never get injured and never get pregnant.

-We could get banned for this conversation. Oh well. It' still fun.

The Demented One
2006-08-13, 09:54 AM
I dunno. Gals in the Monzetsu series have hyper-elastic insides and are apparently barren, as they never get injured and never get pregnant.

-We could get banned for this conversation. Oh well. It' still fun.
Maybe for you, buddy. I'm all for retaining some vestige of sanity.

Jarl
2006-08-13, 07:03 PM
Maybe for you, buddy. I'm all for retaining some vestige of sanity.
The creature you just created leads me to believe otherwise.

-Seriously, it's nasty and awesome. I should find some way to use it.

martyboy74
2006-08-13, 07:45 PM
The creature you just created leads me to believe otherwise.

-Seriously, it's nasty and awesome. I should find some way to use it.
Blame the second one on me. It was my idea. ;D

Kevlimin_Soulaxe
2006-08-13, 08:49 PM
Props. Props.

Where can I find an Atrop(h?)al?

The Demented One
2006-08-13, 09:33 PM
Props. Props.

Where can I find an Atrop(h?)al?
Epic Level Handbook, or the Epic SRD.

ilovefire
2006-08-13, 10:50 PM
these are both horribly disgusting and completely mind-boggling.

They should be in UA.

storybookknight
2006-08-15, 09:01 PM
If it were me, I would tack on Unholy Toughness to your Queen thingy. (Monster gets an extra Cha modxHD hit points) That, to me, says "I destroy the fabric of the universe".

My one problem with the monster is that 14 HD is sort of trivially low for a CR 12 undead monster. The average CR 12 good-aligned cleric has a decent chance of turning it to ash even without the sun domain - someone with that power just sort of dusts it without even thinking about it. I recommend either more hit die, turn resistance, or a free desecrate in the area.

Also, the fact that it can only create medium or smaller zombies means that whatever minions it has, a 12th level party will most likely clean it up with little difficulty. I would recommend either tougher minions, the LM feat that makes your created undead stronger than average, a new "womb zombie" monster, or perhaps the creation of wights instead of zombies.

A minor thought is that 10 foot reach sounds a little short for a Large size tentacle monster. Granted, human umbilical cords aren't very long, but who says they all have to be human?

My solution to all these problems is to just bump the CR down a few steps - CR 10 sounds about right.

martyboy74
2006-08-15, 09:07 PM
Also, the fact that it can only create medium or smaller zombies means that whatever minions it has, a 12th level party will most likely clean it up with little difficulty. I would recommend either tougher minions, the LM feat that makes your created undead stronger than average, a new "womb zombie" monster, or perhaps the creation of wights instead of zombies.
I agree with all of your points (although tentacle reach generally is 10'), but the reason it can only be medium or smaller...well, think about it.

The Demented One
2006-08-15, 09:11 PM
My one problem with the monster is that 14 HD is sort of trivially low for a CR 12 undead monster. The average CR 12 good-aligned cleric has a decent chance of turning it to ash even without the sun domain - someone with that power just sort of dusts it without even thinking about it. I recommend either more hit die, turn resistance, or a free desecrate in the area.
Point taken--go go gadget turn resistance!

Hmm, I'll think about that.

A minor thought is that 10 foot reach sounds a little short for a Large size tentacle monster. Granted, human umbilical cords aren't very long, but who says they all have to be human?
15 foot reach work?

Cornugon
2006-08-16, 01:59 PM

Pssst. Natural 1s don't automatically fail on skill checks.

Also, this is a sick, vile, and utterly disturbing creature that would make lords of the Abyss and Nine Hells shudder like newborn lambs......I heartily approve, of course.

The Demented One
2006-08-16, 02:53 PM
Pssst. Natural 1s don't automatically fail on skill checks.
Do I seem like the kinda guy to have a high Wis score?

martyboy74
2006-08-16, 03:09 PM
Yeah, which is why you didn't share my enthusiasm for bigger versions of this. ;D

The Demented One
2006-08-16, 03:15 PM
Yeah, which is why you didn't share my enthusiasm for bigger versions of this. ;D
No, that's because I believe every should take steps to cover their collective assess in case Apocalypse Scenario 68(B)--fictional monsters coming to life and devouring their creators alive--happens.

Cornugon
2006-08-16, 03:21 PM
No, that's because I believe every should take steps to cover their collective assess in case Apocalypse Scenario 68(B)--fictional monsters coming to life and devouring their creators alive--happens.

Judging from the lunacy of the Challenge Rating 40 monstrosity, I think you're pretty much not going to live long already. That is, unless you're hiding some 40-50 levels somewhere that I don't know about.

martyboy74
2006-08-16, 03:24 PM
Judging from the lunacy of the Challenge Rating 40 monstrosity, I think you're pretty much not going to live long already. That is, unless you're hiding some 40-50 levels somewhere that I don't know about.
Actually, the lunacy is mine. ;D

asromta
2006-09-03, 01:19 PM
MitP Vote: YES

Lord Iames Osari
2006-09-03, 04:06 PM
MitP Vote: Yes.

fangthane
2006-09-04, 02:32 PM
Yes! Now, what would happen if that got control of a helpless Hecatoncheires... ;D
Danged if that's not the best oxymoron I've seen in a while... :)

Granted that a hecatoncheires would pretty much pulverise her, that's one nasty-ass beastie for a CR 40. A little preparation on the part of any prospective adventurers should cover things though; negative energy protection and growth to Huge size (which isn't as rough as it might be, at epic levels) deal with most of its effects, though I'd grant they likewise take the edge off what a party's capable of doing offensively too.

I assume the "fast healing 45" she has is 5 natural plus the 40 based on her aura?

In any case, MitP: Yes.

My players'll NEVER see THIS one coming. :) And how can you not love the flavour of this monster? (you have my permission to feel vaguely ill.) :)

MandibleBones
2006-09-07, 10:42 AM
MitP: Yes. Mainly because we need more crazy-scary.