PDA

View Full Version : V will die before the end of the strip's run!

[TS] Shadow
2009-03-06, 07:29 PM
Unlike many of the theories that come off this board, *coughMitDistheSnarlcough* this one is realtively easy to understand. The IFCC gets V's soul for 3 times the amount of time V spends in the Soul Splice after he dies. So, in order for this fact to be important, V will die before the strip ends. Whether or not he's resssurected is another story, but V will have to serve the IFCC during the strip's run, otherwise this buildup will be pointless, and the Gaint's better at writing than that.

Sgeo
2009-03-06, 07:35 PM
The common belief is that V doesn't need to be dead for the fiends to collect their reward. Vaarsuvius just ASSUMES this is the case.

TheSummoner
2009-03-06, 07:35 PM
Theres a hole in your theory though...

The Fiends never said they would wait until after V died to get his soul. Why would a fiend be interested in a soul for only an absolute maximum of a few weeks? Unless they have a very specific goal in mind... such as doing something related to the gates once V is close enough, there would be no benefit in only having his soul for a few weeks or less.

Its still quite possible hes going to die at some point... it happened to Roy afterall, but its not set in stone like your thread implies.

CapedLuigiYoshi
2009-03-06, 07:36 PM
Actually, the popular theory is that the IFCC won't have to wait for V to die, but rather take control of himorher while heorshe's near one of the gates.

...And I get double-ninja'd.

Keris
2009-03-06, 07:43 PM
And I theorise that the IFCC will take V's soul once he dies, and attempt to tempt him to evil for when he is resurrected.

I don't buy into that "taking control whenever we want to" idea. Seems too obvious for Rich to use to me.

Porthos
2009-03-06, 08:32 PM
I don't buy into that "taking control whenever we want to" idea. Seems too obvious for Rich to use to me.

Rich does sometimes go down the Obvious Plot Road, though. One look at Miko (at least up to the point where she was killed) would tell us that.

Obvious Doesn't Mean Bad Storytelling, after all. :smallsmile:

HandofShadows
2009-03-07, 12:16 PM
And sometimes going the obviouse route messes up people who expect The Giant to do something from out in left field.

osyluth
2009-03-07, 12:36 PM
The orange fiend remarked that "we've thrown our chips in the pot now," indicating that they have more interest in V than they implied. Perhaps they are one of the nine sides the demon roach mentioned.

Silverraptor
2009-03-07, 02:20 PM
The orange fiend remarked that "we've thrown our chips in the pot now," indicating that they have more interest in V than they implied. Perhaps they are one of the nine sides the demon roach mentioned.

When I read your post, I went back and read the comic more carefully. It seems to me that they are taking a huge kind of risk with V for some reason. I wonder what kind of risk they are worried about apart from the fact on using V as a refrence for futue souls?

Axl_Rose
2009-03-07, 07:36 PM
Theres a hole in your theory though...

The Fiends never said they would wait until after V died to get his soul. Why would a fiend be interested in a soul for only an absolute maximum of a few weeks? Unless they have a very specific goal in mind... such as doing something related to the gates once V is close enough, there would be no benefit in only having his soul for a few weeks or less.

Its still quite possible hes going to die at some point... it happened to Roy afterall, but its not set in stone like your thread implies.

I also agree in that it is unnecessary for V to die to have the story progress logically and interestingly.

One thing though; that's not what a theory is.

The word you are looking for is hypothesis; a guess. A theory is something that explains.

wolfix913
2009-03-07, 08:26 PM
why do u think this?

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-07, 08:31 PM
Wow, good theory. :smallsmile: