PDA

View Full Version : Genius: The Transgression (Mad Scientists in the WoD)

Leliel
2009-03-07, 10:44 AM
Anyway, I just came across this fan made book for the New World of Darkness, which details how to play the Inspired, who are, as the title suggests, supernaturally-influenced mad scientists.

It isn't quite complete yet-some of the antagonists are in need of being written-but it's complete enough to play in a chroincle.

Since I wanted to be a player (no ST experience, sorry), I thought of placing this in the Players seeking GMs forum, but they would probably have no idea what I was talking about, so I decided to check for intrest here.

Linky (http://moochava.googlepages.com/genius).

Ascension
2009-03-07, 10:10 PM
It's an interesting concept. I've got the nWOD core book, but I don't have any of the other books and I've never actually played the game... if you do manage to find someone willing to GM (ST, whatever) for this, though, I'd definitely be interested in playing.

"And to think they called me MAD! MAD!!!" :smallbiggrin:

The Glyphstone
2009-03-07, 10:21 PM
Are we allowed to shout "FOR SCIENCE!" every five minutes?

Leliel
2009-03-07, 10:31 PM
If you're a Wunder, yeah, given that "Curiosity" was what powered the Breakthrough.

For the others, you'll have to settle for once every ten minutes.

Collin152
2009-03-07, 10:43 PM
I thought Mad Science was covered in Mage? Still seems interesting. Oh well.

Ascension
2009-03-07, 10:59 PM
I thought Mad Science was covered in Mage? Still seems interesting. Oh well.

Aren't the Technocracy more an Illuminati-style conspiracy than a bunch of crackpot inventors?

Collin152
2009-03-07, 11:08 PM
Aren't the Technocracy more an Illuminati-style conspiracy than a bunch of crackpot inventors?

Maybe so, but that doesn't mean non-Technocracy mages couldn't use a psuedo-scientific paradigm.

Egiam
2009-03-08, 12:35 PM
It would sound cooler if it didn't remind me so much of Sarlona....

Radar
2009-03-08, 01:05 PM
Maybe so, but that doesn't mean non-Technocracy mages couldn't use a psuedo-scientific paradigm.
To be exact, that was the fluff of Sons of Ether as far as i remember.

Leliel
2009-03-09, 08:31 PM
And that's old Mage.

Awakening has no such faction, although it isn't hard to see a subset of the Free Council being them.

The Seers, on the other hand, reject science that doesn't allow them to control Sleepers and prevent Awakenings (ie most of it), so no cackling inventors from that particular angle.