PDA

View Full Version : Order of the Stick bringing people together

Trebuchet
2009-03-07, 03:32 PM
I just met a really nice person at the hardware store. He said he played D&D, and we talked about which editions and so on. Then I asked if he read Order of the Stick, and that led to an even better conversation, mostly about Vaarsuvius. I hadn't previously talked to someone in person about it, except people that started reading it at the same time I did.

Has anyone else met someone in person who read the strip, someplace other than a convention or gaming store?

Froogleyboy
2009-03-07, 03:40 PM
I once met a person who said he used this site and when i asked him about oots he said he liked erfworld and so I threw my book at him

Assassin89
2009-03-07, 03:46 PM
Several students at the college I attend view the comic, meaning that a few joke arise during D&D sessions like a goblin's mount being a dachshund, a dead halfling being referred to as "poor Belkar" by me. About a week ago, someone was talking to me about the deal that was offered to V, and I state my opinions of the oracle.

[TS] Shadow
2009-03-07, 04:42 PM
One of my friends at school got me into OotS, mostly when talking about webcomics in general. I knew he liked D&D, which wasn't my area of geekyness (I'm more of a video-gamer geek, as oppossed to a D&D geek,) but I checked it out, and I've since passed it on to my other non-D&D geeky friends. It's awesome, we argue about who's the coolest character in the strip all of the time (usually between Belkar and Elan, but that's besides the point.)

magic9mushroom
2009-03-07, 05:09 PM
Half my friends read it.

Silverraptor
2009-03-07, 06:24 PM
I slowly getting my friends into it. Some are liking it more then others. However, SandyCaesar was one such friend who just absolutly favored it instantly.