Ision

Human Commoner Ision
Size/Type: Medium Undead (Cold)
Hit Dice: 2d12 (13 hp)
Intiative: -3
Speed: 20 ft
Armor Class: 15 (+8 natural, -3 dex), 7 touch, 15 flatfooted
Base attack/grapple: +1/+3
Attack: Slam +3 (1d3+2 and frozen touch)
Full attack: 2 slams +3 (1d3+2 and frozen touch)
Space/Reach: 5/5
Special Attacks: Frozen touch
Special Qualities: Undead Traits, DR5/-, resistance to cold, vuneralbiliy to fire.
Saves: Fort:+1, Ref:-2, Will:+6
Ability's: Str:14, Dex:4, Con:-, Int:-, Wis:10, Cha:1
Skills: -
Feats: -
Environment: Cold Plains and Deserts.
Organization: Solitary or group (2-10)
CR: 1
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Always Neutral Evil
Advancement: -.
Level Adjustment: -

A Ision is a creature frozen in about a inch of ice. Under the ice an almost perfectly preseved body is visible. At the end of two extentions, most commonly arms, there is thicker less transparant ice.

Isions are creatures that died in cold, cursed lands. When they died they quickly became frozen in ice and animated by the curse. They stay on the place where they died, waiting for weakend travelers, hoping to turn them into one of them.

Combat
Isions have no strategy, and instead move to the nearest non Ision and start punshing it, untill it changes into a Ision.

Frozen Touch (ex): The frozen touch of a Ision deals 1d6 frost damage, those who are hit must make a Fortitude save with DC 10+total damage from this ability or start to freeze to dead, suffering 3d6 frost damage each turn. Those who die of this frost damage immediately turn into a Ision. The freezing can be stopped by dealing 5 points of fire damage. Any frost damage caused by this ability can be healed by either dealing fire damage to the subject, healing 2 points of damage for each point of fire damage. For any other methodes of healing to work, the subject must be in a warm environment.

Making a Ision

Size and subtype: The creatures type changes to Undead, it loses alignment subtypes and types indicating its kind. It does not gain the augmented subtype.

Hit Dice: Drop any HD from classes (to a minimum of 1), ten add 1 HD, and raise them to d12s.

Speed: It loses any fly, swim or burrow speed, and the base land speed is lowered with 10 ft.

Armor Class: Natural armor bonus increases by a number based on size:
Fine: +0
Diminitive: +2
Tiny: +4
Small: +6
Medium: +8
Large: +10
Huge: +14
Gargantuan: +20
Colossal: +26

Base Attack: Equal to 1/2 HD.

Attacks: A Ision keeps any slam attack, but loses any other attack. It also gains 2 slam attacks.

Damage: The slam attacks deal damage dependant on size, use the base creatures one if it is better:
Fine: 1
Diminitive: 1
Tiny: 1
Small: 1d2
Medium: 1d3
Large: 1d4
Huge: 1d6
Gargantuan: 1d8
Colossal: 2d6

Special Attacks: A Ision loses all special attacks, and then gains:
Frozen Touch (ex): The frozen touch of a Ision deals 1d6 frost damage, those who are hit must make a Fortitude save with DC 10+total damage from this ability or start to freeze to dead, suffering 3d6 frost damage each turn. Those who die of this frost damage immediately turn into a Ision. The freezing can be stopped by dealing 5 points of fire damage. Any frost damage caused by this ability can be healed by either dealing fire damage to the subject, healing 2 points of damage for each point of fire damage. For any other methodes of healing to work, the subject must be in a warm environment.

Special Qualities: A Ision loses all special qualities. It then gains: DR5/-, resistance to cold and vuneralbiliy to fire.

Saves: Will good.

Abilities: +4 Strenght, -6 Dexterity, no Constitution and Inteligence, 10 Wisdom and 1 Charisma.

Skills: A Ision has no skills.

Feats: A Ision has no feats.

Environment: Cold Plains and Deserts

Organization: Solitary or group (2-10)

CR: The CR depends on HD:
1 HD = CR 1/2
2-3 HD = CR 1
4-6 HD = CR 2
7-9 HD = CR 3
10-12 HD = CR 4
13-15 HD = CR 5
16-18 HD = CR 6
19+ = CR 7

Treasure: As base creature.

Alignment: Always Neutral Evil.

Advancement: As base creature, or if the base creature advances by class: -

LA: -

wippit
2006-08-26, 06:39 AM
Black hands, blue eyes?

(too obscure?)

Why a set 16 for Wisdom?

asromta
2006-08-26, 06:50 AM
Probably.

I don't know why, will change it.

Peregrine
2006-08-26, 07:03 AM
Black hands, blue eyes?

(too obscure?)
I'd hope not. More people need to read George R. R. Martin.

Under Frozen Touch, specify how long it is before a slain creature becomes an Ision. Is it immediate or is there time to do something for them before they rise?

Also, it could do with some proofreading. :)

asromta
2006-08-26, 07:06 AM
Its immediate, will note that.

And I will do that.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-08-27, 08:11 AM
Oh, why not.

MitP Vote: Yes.

Brickwall
2006-08-27, 08:14 AM
Make up yor mind! Is it with an 's' or a 'c'?!?!?!

asromta
2006-08-27, 12:43 PM
Its with a 's', but first I was thinking Icesomething.

fetfet
2006-09-02, 07:28 AM
Cool. Verr nice.

MitP vote: "Yes"

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-09-02, 11:11 AM
Just thought I might mention there is something just like this in Frostburn called an Entombed.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-09-02, 11:32 AM
I thought of that, but IIRC, the Entombed are surrounded by giant chunks of ice, where these guys basically died of frostbite.

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-09-02, 11:35 AM
I thought of that, but IIRC, the Entombed are surrounded by giant chunks of ice, where these guys basically died of frostbite.
Ok, so its more closely related to Icegaunts and Winterspawn.

MitP vote: No

I mean no offense to the maker, but its basically a zombie with a cold touch attack, and there are nearly a dozen such creatures in various books. Also, it says 'resistance to cold'. I presume you mean immunity considering it has heat vulnerability.

Umbral_Arcanist
2006-09-05, 06:09 PM
Ok, so its more closely related to Icegaunts and Winterspawn.

MitP vote: No

I mean no offense to the maker, but its basically a zombie with a cold touch attack, and there are nearly a dozen such creatures in various books. Also, it says 'resistance to cold'. I presume you mean immunity considering it has heat vulnerability.

Agreed, the typos i don't mind too much, i make plenty, but idea is a little too similar to existing undead, maybe if made them less zombie like..... or gave them some interesting origin in flavor text it'd be different, but as they are now, i'd have to vote "no"