PDA

View Full Version : Teluos, the Flute that Called the Moon [Legacy]

The Demented One
2006-09-04, 01:01 PM
By request of Eight Seraph

Teluos, the Flute that Called the Moon

Description
Teluos is a long, finely made flute crafted from pure silver, inlaid with mithral. It is covered in many runes and glyphs, each of which represents the moon in a different language.

Nonlegacy Statistics
Masterwork Flute

Omen
Anyone playing the flute begins glowing white, shedding light as a candle, for as long as they play the flute and for five rounds thereafter.

History and Rituals
To be decided by Eighth Seraph

Wielder Requirements
Alignment: Any chaotic
Skills: Perform (Wind Instruments) 8 ranks
Special: Bardic Music class feature

{table]
LevelSkill Check PenaltySave PenaltyHP LossSkill Point LossSpecial
5th––––Song of the Liberated Mind
6th––23Virtuoso Talent +5
7th-1-1–––
8th–––3Summon Lunar Progeny
9th–––––
10th––2–Grace of the Moon +2
11th––––Song of the Liberated Body
12th–-2–––
13th–––3Grace of the Moon +4
14th-2––––
15th––––Virtuoso Talent +10
16th–––3Song of the Liberated Soul
17th––––Grace of the Moon +6
18th–––3Virtuoso Talent +15
19th-3––––
20th–––3Call Down the Moon
[/table]
Song of the Liberated Mind (Sp)
At 5th level, when you play bardic music on Teluos, you gain the benefits of the protection from law spell for the duration of the bardic music.

Virtuoso Talent (Su)
At 6th level, you gain a +5 enhancement bonus on all Perform checks made to play Teluos. The bonus increases to +10 at 15th level and to +15 at 18th level.

Summon Lunar Progeny (Sp)
At 8th level, you may use summon nature’s ally II three times per day by playing a short note on Teluos. All creatures summoned by this ability gain the lunar progeny (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11567310 56;start=0#0) template. If you expend a use of bardic music when using this ability, you may instead use summon nature’s ally III.

Grace of the Moon (Su)
At 10th level, while holding Teluos, you gain a +2 enhancement bonus to Charisma. The bonus increases to +4 at 13th level and to +6 at 17th level.

Song of the Liberated Body (Sp)
At 11th level, when you play bardic music on Teluos, you gain the benefits of the freedom of movement spell for the duration of the bardic music.

Song of the Liberated Soul (Sp)
At 16th level, once per day, when you play bardic music on Teluos, you and all allies within 30 ft. of you gain the benefits of the cloak of chaos spell for the duration of the bardic music.

Call Down the Moon (Sp)
At 20th level you may use word of chaos once per day by playing a note on Teluos.

martyboy74
2006-09-04, 01:04 PM
If a lunar progeny themselves is using the flute, do they gain any bonuses? I did see the summon lunar ally II & III.

The Demented One
2006-09-04, 01:12 PM
If a lunar progeny themselves is using the flute, do they gain any bonuses? I did see the summon lunar ally II & III.
None beyond the normal ones. Unless, of course, they're a lunar progeny crysmal, in which they can use it to call the Lance of Longinus from the moon, and transform into the Tree of Life, triggering the Instrumentality of Crysmalkind.

Eighth_Seraph
2006-09-04, 04:05 PM
This is beautiful, D1. I was not expecting something so fitting to the moontouched template I'd made and apparently not put up on here. This will do quite well for the bard. History and rituals coming soon.

knightsaline
2006-09-05, 03:14 AM
None beyond the normal ones. Unless, of course, they're a lunar progeny crysmal, in which they can use it to call the Lance of Longinus from the moon, and transform into the Tree of Life, triggering the Instrumentality of Crysmalkind.

nice end of evangelion reference!

UnrealTiger
2006-09-05, 04:43 AM
Allrighty I have to come out and ask it - just what the feck is a Crysmal anyway? I see references to them quite often on this board (especially in you're threads D1) but I have to admit my ignorance to any information regarding them. Any handy linkage to said information (or an explanation) would be much appreaciated.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-09-05, 04:51 AM
A crysmal is a little scorpion-like thing made of crystal, and it eats crystals and gems and stuff. It's king of like a rust monster. It's from the XPH.

And the reason it's mentioned in D1's threads so much it that its a kind of inside joke between Psionic Devotee and D1.

Eighth_Seraph
2006-09-05, 06:07 PM
Thank you so very much for that, Iames. I've been wondering about that particualar joke for weeks now. Kept me up some nights.