View Full Version : Sewer

Quinsar
2009-03-08, 01:04 PM
It's the sewer.
The nasty, nasty sewer.

Terry576
2009-03-08, 01:07 PM
Revan stumbles around the sewer.

Oh, where oh where did I drop my katana? Flare. a small fireball appears in her hand, allowing her to see.

Jjkaybomb
2009-03-08, 01:10 PM
Bubble drops down into the sewer from above, probably landing in muck. He doesnt seem to care, heavyset frown still on his face. He looks around, Which way? he calls out mentally.

Quinsar
2009-03-08, 01:11 PM
There's a man in a tuxedo suddenly next to him.
Walk and talk.

Terry576
2009-03-08, 01:12 PM
Revan does not hear the mental voice. Revan walks in the general direction known as left. She gags. I think I stepped in something... Or on something...

Jjkaybomb
2009-03-08, 01:13 PM
Bubble nods, and will follow. Um, to the other thread....? >>

Quinsar
2009-03-08, 01:15 PM
The man leads him here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74718) In the catacombs.

Durp
2009-03-08, 01:20 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa- *SPLOOSH* ... *Ptew* *PPft*! Ah, crap, it's in my mouth!
Chris gets up and cracks his neck.
Ok, gotta be serious, gotta find Bubble.
He looks around.
Dammit, no sign of him. He's gotta be here somewhere...
He pulls out his tracker.
C'mon, dammit...

Jjkaybomb
2009-03-08, 01:30 PM
Chris should be able to track him easily, he's still wearing, well, everything. Unless Quinsar says there's a magic, blocking sheild around the place where Bubble is.

Quinsar
2009-03-08, 01:31 PM
Really, he'll be able to track him up to where the door was, but it's gone now.

Durp
2009-03-08, 01:37 PM
Chris follows the signal. When he reaches it, he swears.
Hm... Unless...
He pulls out his death ray, blowing out a few walls, as well as the ceiling.

Quinsar
2009-03-08, 01:38 PM
It stilld doesn't lead anywhere.... Probably to the surface.

Durp
2009-03-08, 01:41 PM
Dammit! It says he's right here...
He blows another hole in the ceiling, climbing up it and peering through it.

Quinsar
2009-03-08, 01:42 PM
Just the surface.

Durp
2009-03-08, 01:43 PM
He drops down. Are there any grates or anything in this specific area?

Quinsar
2009-03-08, 01:46 PM
Nope.
No entrance.

Durp
2009-03-08, 01:49 PM
He grits his teeth almost to the point of breaking.
Alright, then. Hope this works...
He pulls a device out of his coat, setting it up on the ground and pressing a few buttons. It begins to whirr and click, a small ring popping out of the center. It should determine if there were any sort of spells cast in this area. Teleportation, invisible door, portal, anything like that.

Quinsar
2009-03-08, 01:50 PM
No spells.

Durp
2009-03-08, 01:51 PM
He yells, kicking the device across the room.
Dammit!
He calms down a bit, kneeling and feeling for a hollow point in the ground. Some sort of trapdoor.

Quinsar
2009-03-08, 01:52 PM
Nope.
Sorry, He's not going to find anything.

Durp
2009-03-08, 01:55 PM
He exacts his frustrations on a crocodile. That poor crocodile...
Ok... Obvious that's not gonna work. Time to bend the rules.
He pulls out his death ray, flipping a switch and firing. A portal opens. It should lead him to Bubble, unless there is some sort of magical barrier, in which case he'll just be dropped at the point of the barrier.

Quinsar
2009-03-08, 01:57 PM
Then he'll be outside the Emerald magpie.

Durp
2009-03-08, 01:58 PM
...So would I post here or there?

Quinsar
2009-03-08, 01:59 PM
You'd post there.

Beans
2009-03-08, 02:23 PM
Neiz growls.
Dammit, Chris. Where are you?

Durp
2009-03-08, 02:26 PM
She'll see a large impact mark from where Chris hit the ground, and footsteps leading to a site with several holes blasted in the wall, and the corpse of a crocodile, it's entrails splayed across the place. Chris was definitely here.

Beans
2009-03-08, 02:33 PM
She follows the footsteps to the wall. She notices the tang of ozone in the air, tasting it like a reptile.
Death ray... and portal ripper. That's not going to help... unless...
Alright. If the portal was fairly recent, the scar on the timestream will be fresh. Looks like I'll have to call in a favor or two.

She nicks her wrist and lets a trickle of dark-teal blood flow into one cupped hand. She smears it in a rough circle on the floor.
Lord Cruelty, let your servant part these threads of reality while they still heal.
Whatever she did, her invokation works. The circle blazes pale-blue---clearly, Cruelty is attempting to re-open Chris's portal.

Durp
2009-03-08, 02:34 PM
It opens, easily. It points to the Emerald Magpie trading center thing.

Beans
2009-03-08, 02:37 PM
And innnnnnn sheeeeeee goeeeeees.

Durp
2009-03-08, 02:42 PM
Oh. Right. Want a link or something?

Durp
2009-04-19, 03:18 PM
Thryza will hear a gasp, then a splash. She's in his house now.

Beans
2009-04-19, 03:21 PM
Thryza took a little something. Her senses and body are on super-duper overdrive.
She doesn't bother with trying to see in the gloom; she relies on what she hears. Hands acid-laced, she slowly moves in on the sound...

Durp
2009-04-19, 03:25 PM
There is none. There is the occasional splash of a rat jumping in, or a drip, but nothing else. Except for:
I can't seem to face up to the fact... i'm tense and nervous and I can't relax...
This echoes around the long halls for a little bit, then another splash is heard.

Beans
2009-04-19, 03:30 PM
Thryza snarls, barely more than a saw-edged whisper.
Jau pheint maich tauchzer... jauer schreien felszent lank aun taurucht...

Durp
2009-04-19, 03:34 PM
A splash is heard, and something mushy hurtles towards Thy's head.

Beans
2009-04-19, 03:38 PM
She ducks reflexively at the splash.
Her mechanical hand searches the sewer bottom for something to throw or swing...

Durp
2009-04-19, 03:40 PM
She'll find something. It's a long rod, with an odd surface all over it that flakes away as she brushes it. She can't see what it looks like when it's under water. Something brushes her leg.

Beans
2009-04-19, 03:44 PM
She grasps the rod, jerks her leg away, and kicks viciously at whatever brushed her.

Durp
2009-04-19, 03:50 PM
She pulls it out of the water. It's an arm, a Wogal seal tattooed on it. The Mortician sits up, out of water, around thirty feet away.
Captain John Renda always was a good soldier. He met his end too quickly...

The thing that brushed her was another body.

Beans
2009-04-19, 03:52 PM
She shudders... and begins moving slowly, ever so slowly, back toward the manhole cover.

Durp
2009-04-19, 03:56 PM
He dives into the water, and a head pops out of the water. It's not his. a squeaky voice says:
*Erm* Don't go so soon, Mrs. Cessarin! We want to play with you!
Another pops out.
Yeah! The Private's right! Stay here!
They then go limp as he rises out of the water and shakes them off of his hands.
Renda would agree, but his head is cut into several pieces, over that way.
He points behind him. He then falls backward into the water.

Beans
2009-04-19, 04:01 PM
She backs up considerably faster.
I've given birth to scarier things than you...

Durp
2009-04-19, 04:07 PM
Which ones? The Echoes, or that simply adorable little girl I had the good fortune to meet? Oh, she was great. Good right hook, too. I only wish I had the pleasure of studying her internal organs as well. Came close, though.
He is now monkey barring across several pipes above her.
You seem to want to get out of here, you're always backing towards the exit... But... What exit?
The manhole isn't there. He managed to lead her into a hall, a large treatment plant on the other end.
I was able to trick you...
He says this in a "nya nya nya nya nya" way.

Beans
2009-04-19, 04:16 PM
She sighs.
Well, somebody took their clever-pills this morning, didn't they?
But I have just one thing to say to you, Mr. Mortician.
She drops the arm. A blob of one substance forms in one hand, and another forms in the other hand.
D'ya like chemistry?
She slams her hands together, then tosses the combined glob up in his direction, turning and running like hell for the treatment plant.
She gets about five steps away before the blob explodes. It gives off a horrendous gout of noxious, choking smoke, a blinding flash of light, and an earsplitting bang. It probably won't hurt him, but it'll sure as hell slow him down for a while.
She keeps running for the plant.

Durp
2009-04-19, 04:25 PM
Oh. Wow. That's extremely funny. That was the exact opposite thing I expected her to do.
So you're saying that Thryza gives the person trying to kill her an easy way to move/hide quickly, then runs toward a place where there is loud, clanky machinery that covers screams well, and also serves as an adequate way to dispose of bodies, mainly consisting of shoving them in said machinery? Pfft, Okay.

She'll find The Mortician sitting on a small table, several tables with restraints on them, also quite a bit of bloody hooks hanging from the ceiling, which consists of heavy machinery with a few bars running across.
That was quite easy. At least Renda could figure out that this place was my lair. But you... Fifteen years of survival? More like five minutes of getting lost at summer camp. My god...

Beans
2009-04-19, 04:27 PM
Wait, hold on a second.
He's not affected at all by the noxious, choking smoke.
Or by the earsplitting bang.
Or by the blinding flash of light?
Not at all?
1. What are you smoking?
2. Can I have some?

Durp
2009-04-19, 04:30 PM
1. Reality. He's not affected by the smoke because he lives in a mix of sh*t, piss, and machine smoke. He's not affected by the bang because he's half deaf anyway. LOUD. CLANKY. MACHINERY.

And the light?

You don't know. *creepy music*

2. And no, you can't. Because you're insane, And I smoke reality. It would be bad for you.

Beans
2009-04-19, 04:34 PM
1. Crap.
2. I have no f*cking idea what to do now.
3. That is, not without doing something fairly ridiculous and "meh"-inducing.
5. Where did #4 go?

Durp
2009-04-19, 04:37 PM
I'll let you pick a table to be chopped up on.
He waves to a few.

4. You never paid attention to me! I'm living with 6 and 7 now! They love me!
6. He's ours now.
7. Yes. Ours. MUAHAHAHA!!!!
8. You guys are weird.
9. Just ignore them, hon'.

Beans
2009-04-19, 04:40 PM
((Deadtime. I'll have to fight my way out with something stupid when I get back.))

Durp
2009-04-19, 04:42 PM
(( Right. At least you didn't screw up your villain. The Mortician is supposed to be a quiet monster, quietly stalking and killing someone, then dragging said someone into his lair and analyzing them. Now, He's just Andrew Wogal. F*CKED UP. :smallsigh: ))

Beans
2009-04-19, 05:00 PM
((Alrighty, had an idea... sort of.
Basically, somehow she gets her ass out of there mostly intact. However, one of her legs is injured, so she'd be in a wheelychair for a few days, and even after that she'd still [lol House] need a cane.
As to how she actually gets out... eh... something with acid and/or asplosions, something. Maybe making one of the machines explode. Hell, I dunno.))

Durp
2009-04-19, 05:01 PM
(( Well don't tell me. Show me! That's what RPing is! ))

Beans
2009-04-19, 05:09 PM
((Alright, just wanted to be sure you wouldn't go LULS NOE.))

She looks around at the tables, then heads for the closest one to one of the machines. Or something.
I think I like this one. Maybe.
She seems to sneeze into her cupped hands.
Agh. Sorry about that, sewer stink f*cks up my sinuses. But, eh. Can't fix everything, can we? She throws up her hands in a classic shruggy gesture.
A blob of something nasty flies up and into one of the machines. She dives under one of the other tables.
BWOOM.
It should raise some seriously serious hell, likely bringing that machine down with a crash.

Durp
2009-04-19, 05:19 PM
The machine comes down on a different table. The Mortician snarls.
You whore.
He kicks the table sheltering her across the room, raising his claws.
I'll kill you. Just like I killed Renda.
He is about to strike when:
It's pronounced Redna.
A one armed Redna slams a sledgehammer into his chest.
Motherf*cker.

(( I'm trying to live up to my own standards. Was that a good Durp one liner? ))

Beans
2009-04-19, 05:23 PM
((Yes. Very yes.))
Thryza leaps back onto another table and spews a spray of acid at Morty's eyes.

Durp
2009-04-19, 05:25 PM
Oh, he's already long dead. Having a sledgehammer crush your ribcage does that. Although you can still burn his eyes, it's not the same.
... We should probably go soon.
A machine lands on The Mortician.
More like now.

Beans
2009-04-19, 05:30 PM
Thryza sighs, and starts running.
Redna, I can't even tell you how glad I---
A piece of shrapnel buries itself in her leg. And comes out the other side. She falls, but gets up fast. Downing another blob of some chemical from her hand, she limps at hyper-House speed.
Going. Now.

Durp
2009-04-19, 05:34 PM
He looks at her leg, then tries to kick her legs out from under her, then catch her in his arms and start sprinting.
You run very slowly.
He sees a ladder, running up it without using his hands. He bursts through the manhole, onto the streets, as the plant explodes completely.

Beans
2009-04-19, 05:36 PM
Er... yeah, that happens. Street thread for street cred.