PDA

View Full Version : Wu Jen Gish

Adumbration
2009-03-09, 12:52 PM
On another thread I saw an interesting quote on the Giant Size spell that Wu Jen has. I looked into it, and saw that Wu Jen has some other interesting combat buff spells as well, and I wondered: "Could a Wu Jen be a good Gish?"

How would you go about making a gish based on Wu Jen? What if Gestalt rules were used?

EDIT: Would a Wu Jen 5/Fighter 1/Eldritch Knight 10/Abjurant Champion 4 work? Casts as 18th level Wu Jen and 17 BaB. Cast Giant Size for immense strength and reach, or Body Outside Body for up to 4 copies of yourself that can fight almost as good as you. Use one of the several NA enhancing spells to buff up and go to town.

only1doug
2009-03-09, 02:27 PM
On another thread I saw an interesting quote on the Giant Size spell that Wu Jen has. I looked into it, and saw that Wu Jen has some other interesting combat buff spells as well, and I wondered: "Could a Wu Jen be a good Gish?"

How would you go about making a gish based on Wu Jen? What if Gestalt rules were used?

EDIT: Would a Wu Jen 5/Fighter 1/Eldritch Knight 10/Abjurant Champion 4 work? Casts as 18th level Wu Jen and 17 BaB. Cast Giant Size for immense strength and reach, or Body Outside Body for up to 4 copies of yourself that can fight almost as good as you. Use one of the several NA enhancing spells to buff up and go to town.

Why Eldritch knight 10? I'd go EK 9 /AC 5 (I'd take a d10 instead of a d6 for 1 point of fort save, 3rd level abjuration spells all count as quickened, shield spell gets 1 more AC)

Animefunkmaster
2009-03-09, 02:29 PM
Wujen has some pretty interesting spells later in there carrier (you hit the nail on the head with body outside of body and giant size) and they still have classics like shape change.

The classic Gish model will work for a Wujen just like a wizard.

Fighter* 1/Wujen 6/Spell Sword 1/Abjurant Champion 5/Eldritch Knight** 7
*Any Full BAB class with full armor prof
**If Five nations is available, Knight's phantom gets class abilities.
BAB: 17, CL 18

Also works fine with TOB Gishes ((juggle Jade Phoenix Mage and Abjurant Champion to your preferred progression))

Warblade1/Wujen* 5/Jade Phoenix Mage 10/Abjurant Champion* 5
*Note: you have an option if if you want Wujen 6, good level, or the paramount ability of abjurant champion.

BAB: 18
CL 17

Feats needed:
Combat Casting (pre req)

Feats most likely wanted:
Arcane Strike (Note: this might work with body outside of body even though they can't cast spells, talk to dm)
Power Attack >>> Charging feat route
Combat Reflexes AoO Route (trip and or standstill)