PDA

View Full Version : Sins of a Solar Empire...social interactions of the factions

Stormthorn
2009-03-10, 12:44 AM
How do you imagine the factions interact?

I mean, they war with each other but the Asari are a race that conquers the inhabitants and rules them from orbit, so on Asari world humans must sometimes interact with the aliens.

And what little fluff the manual gives suggests that the Advent have a small army of missionaries who spread the will of the Unity to the people of the planets they capture after their bombardments.

How would they interact? The Advent have no reason to hate the Vasari like they do the humans, but at the same time if anyone is getting converted to the advent religion its humans, as the two species are fairly closely related.

What would the humans do to their alien POWs? Can human technology supress the psychic powers of an Advent? Can Advent technology work to give humans limited group-mind contact?

This has been bothering me because now that Entrenchment has come out (and i have downloaded it) i want to write a fic or two set in that universe but i dont know how the races would interact beyond the battles and orbital bombardments.