PDA

View Full Version : First panel of Comic 635 as a desktop Background?

Khazaar
2009-03-10, 04:44 AM
As the title says, I´d love to have the first panel of "I see a dead robe and I want to paint it black" as a desktop background. That would be totally awesome. I don´t want to break any copyright thingies thats why I´m asking for it.

I hope you guys agree...

Xasf
2009-03-10, 04:54 AM
Same thought cross my mind when I first read that strip, as I am sure it was the case for a lot of people. It's just too.. awesome :biggrin:

Ancalagon
2009-03-10, 06:37 AM
If you do not distribute it you can just cut it out and put it on your desktop.

If you want it for download... just pm the giant and ask him? He probably can provide versions in higher quality/size as well...

Xasf
2009-03-10, 07:32 AM
Can you really reach the Giant via PM?

I mean we have what, 35,000 members here. If only half of them are active, and if those that are send a PM once a year that's still nearly 50 PMs a day, every day. So I would understand if he does not have the time to go through them :smallsmile:

But I'm still new around here, so if Mr. Burlew is an especially attentive celebrity (well he is a celebrity here :smallcool: ) so much the better.. :smallsmile:

Kaytara
2009-03-10, 07:53 AM
Oddly enough, no. That panel is too awesome to ruin by becoming desensitized to it.

TheSummoner
2009-03-10, 08:01 AM
I have to side with Kaytara...

I'm willing to bet V is going to top that as soon as 636 rolls around anyways

Assassin89
2009-03-10, 09:40 AM
I also agree with Kaytara. The utility provided by viewing that panel will deteriorate after subsequent views. There are also copyrights, which the Giant is intent on defending.

I also agree with TheSummoner on the potential for more awesome panels in later comics.

Surfing HalfOrc
2009-03-10, 09:45 AM
Somebody made it as a Motivational Poster, and I snagged it for myself! I don't know if it's been pulled, but I've seen it both in the main thread (don't remember which page, just gotta search), and down in Arts and Crafts (same problem. Gotta go look for it.)

The Caption is:
Alignment Change
Sometimes its totally worth the XP penalty

Xasf
2009-03-10, 10:28 AM
The Caption is:
Alignment Change
Sometimes its totally worth the XP penalty
Hahah that's very good :smallbiggrin: