PDA

View Full Version : [Creature] Cyaegha Steambeast

Fax Celestis
2006-08-03, 05:53 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/FaxCelestis/Cyaegha.jpg

Cyaegha Steambeast
Large Construct (Steam-Powered)
HD 10 (85 HP)
Speed 20 ft. (4 squares); fly 15' (poor)
Init: +9
AC 17; touch 13; flat-footed 14
(-1 size, +3 Dex, +5 natural)
BAB +7; Grp +14
Attack pincer +12 (1d6+3 plus 1d4 electricity, 20/x3 plus 1d10 electricity)
or
bolt +12 (1d10 plus 1d6 electricity, 17-20/x2 plus 1d10 electricity)
Full-Attack 2 pincers +12 (1d6+3 plus 1d4 electricity, 20/x3 plus 1d10 electricity)
or
3 bolts +12 (1d10 plus 1d6 electricity, 17-20/x2 plus 1d10 electricity)
or
4 bolts +10 (1d6 plus 1d4 electricity, 17-20/x2 plus 1d10 electricity)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks lightning bolt (4/day), chain lightning (1/day) (CL 12)
Special Qualities construct traits, steam-powered traits, DR 10/adamantine, electricity immunity, resist fire 10, resist cold 10, SR 20
Saves Fort +3 Ref +6 Will +6
Abilities Str 16, Dex 20, Con --, Int 12, Wis 16, Cha 8
Skills Listen +16, Search +14, Spot +16
Feats Improved InitiativeB, AlertnessB, Weapon Finesse1, Point Blank Shot3, Rapid Shot6, Precise Shot9
Environment Battlefields
Organization Military
Challenge Rating 12
Treasure None
Alignment LN
Advancement As Construct; Favored Class None
Level Adjustment --

The Heliosundians developed the Cyaegha Steambeast as a ranged support unit. Its lack of similarity to anything natural is unsettling, but tolerable, considering the obviously constructed nature of the Cyaegha Steambeast.

The Cyaegha Steambeast is no slouch in close combat either, considering it charges its talons electrically and uses them to its best advantage. Its only real disadvantage is its slow movement range and its inability to dodge incoming blows. If these problems had been solved, the Heliosundians would have put them into mass production, rather than the relatively few that are seen on battlefields today.

Like all other steam-powered constructs, the Cyaegha Steambeast is dependent on a ring of continual create water and a gate to the Elemental Plane of Fire, both of which are contained inside the beast. These power the Cyaegha Steambeast, and if either are removed or broken, it ceases functioning.

Steam-powered Weaknesses
Like all steam-powered creatures (due to their dependencies on both fire and water), Cyaegha Steambeasts react strangely to specific spells.

Any spell with the (Fire) descriptor causes a Cyaegha Steambeast to enter a rage (like a first-level barbarian) for 1d4 rounds. Any spell with the (Cold) descriptor affects it as a slow spell for 1d4 rounds. Any spell that dispels, supresses, or breaks magical enchantments causes the Cyaegha Steambeast to shut down for the duration of the spell (or 1d4+1 rounds, if the duration is instantaneous). Mordenkainen's disjunction causes a Cyaegha Steambeast to become nonfunctional.

Bolt
A Cyaegha Steambeast's bolts are vicious, barbed, and electrically charged and deal an additional 1d6 points of electricity damage on striking, as well as an additional 1d10 points of electrical damage on a successful critical hit. In addition, a bolt remains in its target and deals an additional 1d6 points of electrical damage for the next three rounds. Removing a bolt requires a DC 22 Strength check and inflicts 1d4 points of electrical damage on the person removing the bolt, as well as an additional 1d4 points of electrical damage and 1d4 slashing damage on the person who the bolt is being removed from.

These bolts have a range increment of 80 feet.

<hr>
Note: The image is left over from something else I had done. I'll upload and edit in one without the specs on it when I get home tonight.

chaiyo
2006-08-03, 06:51 PM
You seem to have made two errors in this creation, one major and one minor. There isn't a CR, and I don't know whether you simply forgot that or don't have one yet, and the Touch AC is missing the size penalty.

Besides that, this looks very interesting. However, I would like to know how to determine the range, and if sniping unsuspecting PCs is an option. If I seem to be forgetting the obvious range determination, feel free to point out my lapse of knowledge.

Fax Celestis
2006-08-03, 06:52 PM
I have indeed forgotten a range increment and a CR. Let me add them.

chaiyo
2006-08-03, 06:58 PM
Cool, thanks. Once the party gets to a level reasonably able to survive this, I'll teach them to think they are any level of safe in the Steampunkesque Dungeon!

Ahem. What I meant by that was, cool monster.

Fax Celestis
2006-08-03, 07:02 PM
Cool, thanks. Once the party gets to a level reasonably able to survive this, I'll teach them to think they are any level of safe in the Steampunkesque Dungeon!

Ahem. What I meant by that was, cool monster.
PS: You can find any of my creations on my wiki (http://corporation.walagata.com/fax/wiki/).

chaiyo
2006-08-03, 07:47 PM
I was just going to steal them as I find them, but thanks for saving me the trouble.

Also, to think I thought you were kidding about a single wiki for the Compendium...

Fax Celestis
2006-08-03, 07:54 PM
I was just going to steal them as I find them, but thanks for saving me the trouble.

Also, to think I thought you were kidding about a single wiki for the Compendium...
Most everything on that one's mine.

It shall expand and grow!

Fax Celestis
2006-08-30, 02:30 PM
Updated to old format.

...god that sounds counterintuitive.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-08-30, 11:52 PM
MitP Vote: Yes.

C'mon, karma, do your stuff!

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-09-04, 09:54 AM

Seems to me Lord Iames and I always vote the same on things... Or maybe we just like saying yes to everything.

Hey Fax, How did you get that web page? I want one too!

Randomman413
2006-09-04, 12:12 PM
MitP: Yes.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-09-04, 12:23 PM

Seems to me Lord Iames and I always vote the same on things... Or maybe we just like saying yes to everything.

Hey Fax, How did you get that web page? I want one too!

It's my Thrallherd levels. You have answered my psychic call for lackeys.