PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Is the Field Chef PrC playable?

newbDM
2009-03-10, 02:55 PM
My current character is a bit of a joke character, and from the start I have been planning on taking the Field Chef PrC from Bride of Portable Hole Full of Bear (you can find it HERE (http://www.rpgnow.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=bride+of+porta ble+hole&x=0&y=0&quicksearch=1&search_filter=&filters=&search_free=&search_in_description=1&search_in_author=1&search_in_artist=1) for free).

I know the first four levels of it are useless, but I figured that the Essence of Minster (EX) would make up for it. The character is a crazy KAMB styled kobold, who has a habit of "not wasting" fallen enemies, so I figured it would be interesting to be able to boil down enemies to get their special abilities.

I just looked over the PrC again, and I noticed something I had missed. It costs 400gp for each essence made. :smalleek:

So, what do you folks think?

Jera
2009-03-10, 05:57 PM
It looks fun, the Essence of Monster ability doesnt look to great, It might be worth it in high-end campaigns, though I dont see it getting much use before level 14.

The thing that caught me eye was Prof: culinary weapons if you are imaginative(and your DM allows this interpretation), the possibilities are endless.

Goblin meat tenderizer? Cannon.
Meat hooks? Spiked chain.
Orc meat cleaver? Great Axe.

I really liked the Bowler PRC. Get the Jotenbrun(sp?) feat and play the Big Lebowski.

Signmaker
2009-03-10, 08:25 PM
Goblin meat tenderizer? Cannon.
Meat hooks? Spiked chain.
Orc meat cleaver? Great Axe.

"Step 1: Find a cousin.
Step 2: Load cousin in to Fodder Cannon.
Step 3: Find another cousin."