PDA

View Full Version : Never was a time stop, the fiends will force V to become their slave to save his kids

Vaarsuvius4181
2009-03-10, 06:48 PM
What if their never was a time stop, and the fiends (Before they got there)kidnapped the kids and will hold them blackmailing against V unless he becomes their slave.

I know all my theory's suck, but I'd appreciate it if you didn't yell at me and call me a loser and stuff.

GSFB
2009-03-10, 07:02 PM
I wouldn't put it past the fiends to have lied or cheated, even if your theory as a whole turns out to be wrong.

Kylarra
2009-03-10, 07:06 PM
What if their never was a time stop, and the fiends (Before they got there)kidnapped the kids and will hold them blackmailing against V unless he becomes their slave.

I know all my theory's suck, but I'd appreciate it if you didn't yell at me and call me a loser and stuff.That seems like an overly convoluted way to force V to do their bidding when they can achieve their purported goals simply by playing straight in this case. Plus, if they were going to do all that, then there would be no need to offer the soul splice et al in the first place.

Vaarsuvius4181
2009-03-10, 07:06 PM
I wouldn't put it past the fiends to have lied or cheated, even if your theory as a whole turns out to be wrong.

yeah. They are like used car salemsan

Vaarsuvius4181
2009-03-10, 07:07 PM
That seems like an overly convoluted way to force V to do their bidding when they can achieve their purported goals simply by playing straight in this case. Plus, if they were going to do all that, then there would be no need to offer the soul splice et al in the first place.

...I just realized that my theory sucks. Ass.

Like worse than normal.

Gah.

JonahFalcon
2009-03-10, 07:32 PM
Besides, they have no interest in V's corporeal self. They want her soul.

Mr. Pin
2009-03-10, 07:46 PM
I know all my theory's suck, but I'd appreciate it if you didn't yell at me and call me a loser and stuff.

(Yelling) "YOU ARE A LOSER AND STUFF!!!!!"

:smallwink: Just kidding. Actually, I kind of like it... it's just the sort of thing that fiends would do. It's not necessary for their plans, but it is over-the-top evil in a hilarious way. You just might be correct.

Silverraptor
2009-03-10, 08:00 PM
hmmmmmmm... why would they need V's kids? They already got acess to his/her soul.

Kai Maera
2009-03-10, 08:07 PM
While I don't think holding the children ransom against meta V -- who is by all accounts, stronger than most gods in standard D&D -- is likely to occur, I do believe that the likelihood of there never being a timestop could be relatively high: in hir search for the lost souls of hir family, V could easily extend hir time in the soul bind or, perhaps, even lose hope and become reckless for power.

Vaarsuvius4181
2009-03-11, 04:21 PM
(Yelling) "YOU ARE A LOSER AND STUFF!!!!!"

:smallwink: Just kidding. Actually, I kind of like it... it's just the sort of thing that fiends would do. It's not necessary for their plans, but it is over-the-top evil in a hilarious way. You just might be correct.

Sniff sniff....YAY!!! i happy again!

Gilby
2009-03-11, 04:30 PM
All this seems a little to convenient for the fiends, due to the pre-approved status for V, and timely arrival of dragon. I am wondering if the fiends have been watching V for some time now. Pretty obvious they see a big return on investment with V. I'm wondering if they contacted the dragon and qu'ar to take advantage of situation to speed up the deal with V.

Also with their intention of showing how all fiends could work together and overthrow celestial planes, they show their effectiveness in essentially turning a goodish creature to dark-side, even if it's a short time.

David Argall
2009-03-11, 06:54 PM
As we see, it didn't happen.

The basic reason is that if the fiends could kidnap V's brats, or do much of anything else in the mortal realm, they wouldn't need to. For whatever reason, they need agents to act for them. So the kids are beyond their direct power.