PDA

View Full Version : New york city, any suggestions?

EndlessWrath
2009-03-10, 09:16 PM
I'm gonna be up in New York this weekend, and was wondering if there was any place I should go see or such.
Really looking for:
Shops
Restaurants
Cool Tour stuff

Already planning to go to Carnegie Deli and The Uber Comic Shop. Any other suggestions?

zeratul
2009-03-10, 09:40 PM
Well the Bronx has some fantastic Italian restaurants and bakeries, and there's some awesome Mexican and diner restaurants in the main areas of the city that I could probably get you the addresses for. In terms of stuff to do, I highly recommend the MET and natural history museum. Also central park is really beautiful check it out. Lastly, you cannot go to New York city without getting some cupcakes from Magnolias Bakery. They are fantastic cupcakes.

THAC0
2009-03-10, 09:40 PM
Manhattan Chili Company!

Bookman
2009-03-10, 09:43 PM
Go see a Broadway show.

There are lotsa good ones now

EndlessWrath
2009-03-10, 09:44 PM
Go see a Broadway show.

There are lotsa good ones now

XD forgot to mention. that was the whole reason I'm going up there in the first place. Heading up with my theatre.. Hope Phantom will be good :smallwink:

SuperMuldoon
2009-03-10, 10:24 PM
Check out some of the fun theme restaurants. I can reccomend the Jekyll and Hyde one, and Ninja New York. Pricey, but its a good time.

Felixaar
2009-03-10, 10:50 PM
Go the Guggenheim Museum if you like Art. Also, going to the top of the Empire State Building is pretty awesome. In general just hang out around Times Square.

And pity me, cause I wish I could come :smallannoyed:

(oh, and if you feel like seeing the sights, make sure to get a Citypass - you can buy them at the Natural History Museum to save money on a lot of popular attractions)

RTGoodman
2009-03-10, 10:55 PM
The Metropolitan Museum of Art is probably one of my FAVORITE places in NYC. If you get a chance, definitely check it out - the Arms & Armor exhibit alone is worth the price of admission (which actually isn't bad, IIRC), and there's a TON of other cool stuff (especially if you're into seeing, for instance, an entire Egyptian temple complex or whatever it is they have there).

For food, we always eat at Paesano's on Mulberry Street down in Little Italy when we're in New York. You should also get you a nice Nathan's hot dog while you're in town, or so I'm told.

Time Square in general, the Staten Island Ferry (or an actual tour of the Statue of Liberty), the Empire State Building, and all the other "famous" places in NYC are also worth going to at least once in your life.

Trog
2009-03-11, 01:09 AM
Take the Pelham One Two Three. Don't get shot during your getaway. :smallcool:

Felixaar
2009-03-11, 02:27 AM
Oh! Make sure to go the Strand Book Store!

Canadian
2009-03-11, 08:38 AM
I hear there are a few dead bodies dissolving in bathtub full of acid in hell's kitchen. After that I suggest washington square park after 2 am.

BlueWizard
2009-03-14, 12:33 PM
You can be like me and just walk around gaping at the hugeness that is NY. I'm from Norcal, and nothing can compare to that massive city. I was in awe, and that alone was worth the trip for me.

EndlessWrath
2009-03-16, 09:18 PM
well. i finally got back.. marveled in time square.. Loved Broadway and Phantom. Enjoyed some good food, I liked Elan's Stardust.. food was meh but entertainment was great. did lots of other stuff... Favorite place was between Midtown Comics and Broadway... yes I am a nerd :smallwink:

Otherwise. Loved the Ma and Pa restaurant in Little Italy. delicious Chicken Parmesian... soo good. umm. Went to china town, bought swords... not too much else. Enjoyed plenty of places in time square, Rockafellar (unsure on spelling >.<), and a few other things.

did lots of stuff you guys recommended.. but i only had 2 days to do so really. so couldn't do all. Thanks for the help though .. was much appreciated. :smallbiggrin:

oh i did learn a bunch about greenlatern as well.. room-mate was crazy about it