PDA

View Full Version : Gloves of Spell Aim(Item)

Krimm_Blackleaf
2006-09-02, 01:41 PM
Woundrous Item: Gloves of Spell Aim

These gloves are often made of brown leather with four metal bands placed on the backs of them. When these gloves are donned and a ranged touch attack is made, such as with a spell or an eldritch blast, the blast gets an enhancements bonues to thier attack and damage rolls as indicated. This does not work for any kind of ranged attacks except touch attacks used for spells and similar effects.

CL Three times enhancement bonus; Craft Woundrous Item, Magic Weapon; Price: 2,500gp (+1), 8,600gp (+2), 18,700gp (+3), 32,800gp (+4), 50,900gp (+5)

Matthew
2006-09-02, 06:13 PM
I like this idea quite a lot; how does it compare to other Magic Items that increase Ranged Touch Attack rolls?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2006-09-02, 06:24 PM
I like this idea quite a lot; how does it compare to other Magic Items that increase Ranged Touch Attack rolls?

Are there any other items that increase ranged touch attack rolls?

Matthew
2006-09-02, 06:31 PM
I don't know, but I would assume so? I'll check the SRD if I have a moment.

[Edit] I couldn't find any, but I'm not particularly experienced with 3.x Magic Items. The nearest things I could find were Lesser and Greater Bracers of Archery, which cost 5,000 GP and 25,000 GP, respectively:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#bracersofArcheryLesser

Krimm_Blackleaf
2006-09-03, 03:56 AM
I don't know, but I would assume so? I'll check the SRD if I have a moment.

[Edit] I couldn't find any, but I'm not particularly experienced with 3.x Magic Items. The nearest things I could find were Lesser and Greater Bracers of Archery, which cost 5,000 GP and 25,000 GP, respectively:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#bracersofArcheryLesser

Ah, well what I was pricing these at was the same price as the enhacement bonus cost for magic weapons plus a little more, so I thought it was appropriot pricing.

Yuki Akuma
2006-09-03, 10:16 AM
Warlock's Sceptor (I think that's the name. It's a rod, anyway) grants a bonus to ranged attack rolls.

Jack_Simth
2006-09-03, 06:57 PM
Bracers of Archery only apply to bows....

Things that would include your ranged touch attack rolls....

Pale Green Prisim Ioun Stone: +1 Competence to attack rolls for 30,000 gp

Candle of Invocation: +2 Competence (if aligned) for as long as the candle burns and you're within it's radius; costs 8,400 gp list price. Used up in the process.

A Luck Blade lets you reroll any one roll once per day.

Matthew
2006-09-03, 07:01 PM
Bracers of Archery only apply to bows....

I mentioned them for comparitive purposes only [i.e. a Magic Item that grants Competence Bonuses to a particular mode of Ranged Attack]