PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Bear Shenanigans

Bugbeartrap
2009-03-11, 01:03 AM
Ok, so with the conclusion of our group's last session, the party has just leveled to 10, and completed our transformation into: The Ultimate Party of Bears.

In our party we have:

Half-Giant Sorceror, party face (played by me!:smallcool:) who went Sent of Bharrai 3 for at will polymorph into a bear

Half-orc Barbarian, tank who went Bear Warrior

Human Were-Bear Warshaper

Elf Druid, who obviously wildshapes to bear form now

In no way were we planning this at character creation. The rogue contracted lycanthropy and the DM removed his rogue levels so his ECL would match. It was only this last level that we decided to all become bears. The cool thing is, I retain the ability to speak while in bear form and can even understand other bears. The DM is ok with this and although we've been doing a fairly political/RP focused campaign in Eberron, I think it was too good to pass up having a roaming group of bears guarding the Prince of Kaarnath and breaking up border disputes between Aundair and Thrane.

Just thought I'd share this little shred of insanity with the world playground.

Random NPC
2009-03-11, 01:09 AM
You guys should work for Breland

Draz74
2009-03-11, 01:59 AM
Time to go track down the followers of the God of Bears and pledge yourselves to his undying service. :smallsmile:

Thurbane
2009-03-11, 03:59 AM
Man, I love a themed party. Nice one. :smallsmile:

I'll have to try and get my 7-dwarfs party out of retirement: :smallbiggrin:

The Rose Dragon
2009-03-11, 05:44 AM
OK, just bear with me here. I assume you're a grizzled party, but it is a rather polarizing thing in-game to all be bears. So be prepared to bear the burden that the DM will bare before you. And always, always do group (bear) hugs.

Tempest Fennac
2009-03-11, 06:32 AM
What will happen to the Werebear if he decides to cure his Lycanthropy? I'm just curious due to how getting rid of the Rogue levels, while being much more convenient, altered his character a lot (I'm guessing the player was okay with this change and he doesn't want to be cured, but I'm curious about what would happen if he was cured).

kjones
2009-03-11, 11:08 AM
OK, just bear with me here. I assume you're a grizzled party, but it is a rather polarizing thing in-game to all be bears. So be prepared to bear the burden that the DM will bare before you. And always, always do group (bear) hugs.

This is barely appropriate. Nearly unbearable. The sort of puns I would expect to hear around Barrington, but not here.
I wish I could think of a pun for "ursa"...

newbDM
2009-03-11, 11:21 AM

Ouch. Hurts my brain...

Eldariel
2009-03-11, 12:18 PM
Time to go track down the followers of the God of Bears and pledge yourselves to his undying service. :smallsmile:

Tapio, bear-king, ruler of the forests...

Swooper
2009-03-11, 12:45 PM
Tapio, bear-king, ruler of the forests...
Nice, another Nightwish fan in the Playground eh? :smallbiggrin: I use 'bluecloak' from the next line of that song in a personal email-address, heh.

@OP: This sounds like an awesome and memorable party. Very nice! :smallsmile:

Alleine
2009-03-11, 12:51 PM
You all need to yell "TRANSFORM!" and change into bear shape. Then lock together to form a giant mecha-bear that wreaks devastation on everything.

newbDM
2009-03-11, 12:58 PM
@OP: This sounds like an awesome and memorable party. Very nice! :smallsmile:

Agreed.

I have never been in a themed party. Must be fun. Since I have read this thread I keep imagining the wonders of being in a kobold themed party!

newbDM
2009-03-11, 01:00 PM
You all need to yell "TRANSFORM!" and change into bear shape. Then lock together to form a giant mecha-bear that wreaks devastation on everything.

A player I know tells of how of how he and his party formed Voltron on the BBEG in a warforged themed party...

Telonius
2009-03-11, 01:19 PM
You must have nicknames.

Sorcerer: Tenderheart
Barbarian: Ditka
Warshaper: Beorn
Druid: Smokey

Eldariel
2009-03-11, 02:17 PM
Nice, another Nightwish fan in the Playground eh? :smallbiggrin: I use 'bluecloak' from the next line of that song in a personal email-address, heh.

Oh, indeed :) Also, I'm a Finn; the said deity is from Finnish mythology (along with Mielikki, Ukko, etc.)

Waspinator
2009-03-11, 03:58 PM
Sorceror casting Scorching Ray:
"Remember kids, only I can prevent forests!"

chiasaur11
2009-03-11, 04:10 PM
So, I'm assuming this is a CE party that hates freedom, eagles, and Stephan Colbert?

Waspinator
2009-03-11, 04:16 PM
I think I need to post this:
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/34147

newbDM
2009-03-11, 04:16 PM
So, I'm assuming this is a CE party that hates freedom, eagles, and Stephan Colbert?

And it only took 15 hours and 7 minutes.

Expected it sooner, though.

Human Paragon 3
2009-03-12, 12:47 AM
Ha! You guys should call yourselves Bear Force One (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twQlpFrm5iM).

Be thankful I didn't link to their official site.

Random NPC
2009-03-12, 12:55 AM
I say serve King Boranel!

Boranel's Band of Brelish Bears!

EDIT: I mean, how is this Crest not worth having?!

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/sharn_gallery/84557.jpg

Frosty
2009-03-12, 01:01 AM
I say serve King Boranel!

Boranel's Band of Brelish Bears!

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/sharn_gallery/84557.jpg

I mean, they're just so AWESOME. Didn't the Brelish Bears go like 12-0 last season and go on to win the Uber Bowl?