PDA

View Full Version : [3.5]Dual wield, BaB and Two-weapon feats?

Zerg Cookie
2009-03-11, 01:40 AM
Do I get extra attacks per round with my off-hand weapon from BaB, or do I have to take Two-weapon feats to get extra attacks with my off-hand?

I think it's the latter, but I just want to be sure I understand it :smallbiggrin:

Talshor.

Draz74
2009-03-11, 02:04 AM
Er ... high BAB gives you the ability to make iterative attacks. These can be made with whatever weapon you wish, including an off-hand weapon.

If you want to make off-hand attacks without losing any primary weapon attacks, you'll need TWF feats. (Well, even without these feats, you can make one off-hand attack, but you'll suffer terribly massive penalties.)

I think you understand the basic TWF feat, and you're just asking about whether this one feat adds iterative off-hand attacks without taking Improved and Greater TWF. The answer is no. (What would the feats be for otherwise?)

Os1ris09
2009-03-11, 02:09 AM
The best way to make the most out of 2 weapon fighting is at least take the two weapon fighting feat to get rid of the nasty penalties when doing so. The Improved and Greater versions are nice but basically they say get 1 more attack/ 1 more attack. Or at least the above is my opinion. But like what was posted before you can make attacks with both weapons if you want to use your regular attacks up.