PDA

View Full Version : Drow Varsuvius

Raenir Salazar
2009-03-11, 01:26 PM
:edit: removed link, damn forum preventing me from correcting honest mistake.

BRC
2009-03-11, 01:34 PM
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3824/drowv3.png

I "fixed" it :)
You also violated board rules. From the look of things you directly edited the comic, which is against the rules. If you want to make Drow V without violating copywrite, you can trace over the comic, then make changes to the traced image.

Raenir Salazar
2009-03-11, 01:48 PM
Lag is being very trouble some in my replies.

Would what I did to make my current avatar *points* be protected under fair use or is it in its current form be a violation of Rich's trademark/copyright and should I change that asap?

BRC
2009-03-11, 01:57 PM
Lag is being very trouble some in my replies.

Would what I did to make my current avatar *points* be protected under fair use or is it in its current form be a violation of Rich's trademark/copyright and should I change that asap?

Yup. Any alteration of Rich's work is prohibited. Basing things off Rich's work is fine (like, say, tracing). But if you just took the comic, used "Fill" to change V's color, then cropped it down to size, that would be bad. Esentially, if your final image includes anything copy-pasted, or downloaded and imported from Rich's work, it's a no go.

So yeah. If you want Drow V as an avvy, plenty of artists here would gladely make you one.

Raenir Salazar
2009-03-11, 02:04 PM
Unless I missed it the last dozen times I checked I actually haven't found anyone who offered to make me a Drow spellcaster avvy. Well time to put my writing tablet to use!

Now what do you mean exactly by tracing, like puting a piece of paper over my screen or using say inkscape and a tablet to try ones best to make something that looks as close as possible but may very well end up looking 95% the same? Or is there some other method of tracing, please tell me as I very want my Drow V but do not want to violate Rich's copyright.

Raenir Salazar
2009-03-11, 02:05 PM
Anyways *cries* I really liked my avvy. Removing until I can make something myself or I get permission.

BRC
2009-03-11, 02:10 PM
Unless I missed it the last dozen times I checked I actually haven't found anyone who offered to make me a Drow spellcaster avvy. Well time to put my writing tablet to use!

Now what do you mean exactly by tracing, like puting a piece of paper over my screen or using say inkscape and a tablet to try ones best to make something that looks as close as possible but may very well end up looking 95% the same? Or is there some other method of tracing, please tell me as I very want my Drow V but do not want to violate Rich's copyright.
By Tracing I mean this (Using inkscape)
First, Copy the image into Inkscape. Then you can put things directly over Rich's picture. For example, for V's head, you use the circle tool and keep adjusting it until it fits exactly (making the lines transparent makes this easier). As if you were using trace paper, but on a computer. Once youve done that for the entire V, you delete the copy-pasted image so you arn't violating copyright, and your done. I'd reccomend adjusting V's pose or somthing so people don't think you just copy-pasted the image.

Raenir Salazar
2009-03-11, 02:35 PM
fascinating.

Berserk Monk
2009-03-11, 08:35 PM
You know, there already is a drow version of V. Their name is Zz'dtri. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0044.html)