PDA

View Full Version : An Elf of Few Words

FoE
2009-03-11, 06:27 PM
You want to know what's been the biggest change about V since she got her evil upgrade?

Compare virtually any strip V has appeared in prior to the last two strips. Notice the biggest difference?

It's not the black robes or the long hair or the glowing eyes or even the fangs.

It's her speech. And I'm not talking about the colour of the word balloons.

No long-winded threats. No endless speeches. No sesquipedalian loquaciousness. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SesquipedalianLoquaciousness)

Just three words.

MammonAzrael
2009-03-11, 06:35 PM
Good point, but I'm not sure that can be attributed to the splice just yet. V has cast a couple spells, in effectively two rounds. I think we'll find out if your idea is right with the next strip. Just how much gloating will V do before ending the ABD? (I think the abruptness and power of the Disjunction/Disintegrate is subtle gloating on V's part)

Woodsman
2009-03-11, 06:39 PM
This makes sense, but I believe we will experience a long-winded monologue somewhere in the next strip.

Remember, it took two Disintegrates to get rid of the baby dragon. It will likely take about the same for mama (given the damage cap of 40d6)

However, it is entirely possible that V can kill the ABD in one hit, but it's unlikely, as mama would need to have minimal hp for a dragon of her kind.

Min. ABD HP: 217
Max. Disintegrate Damage: 240