PDA

View Full Version : Siegebreaking is an ancient art... [Legacy]

ilovefire
2006-08-31, 09:41 PM
Siegebreaker’s Sword

Seigebreaker’s Sword is, by all appearances, a normal adamantine greatsword, with a castle-shaped hilt.

Nonlegacy Game Statistics: Medium +1 Adamantine Greatsword, Damage 2d6+1, Critical 19-20/x2, cost 5050 GP, 8 pounds

Omen: Any time the Siegebreaker’s Sword is used to sunder a weapon, a suit of armor, a door, a stone block, or any other material, it screams wildly, as if a barbarian charging into battle. Whenever it is used in such a way by a character with the Improved Sunder feat, it glows with a bright white light.

History: Siegebreaker’s Sword was the main weapon of an old human soldier, whose real name has been lost to myths, legends, and hearsay. However, the legends tell that this weapon ended more sieges, broke into more castles, and destroyed more equipment than entire armies would be able to in a millennium. It has been said that mystical powers were bestowed on it by a god of war, though this is debated. (DC 15)
The soldier that originally used Siegebreaker’s Sword, a human by the name of Dolvik Dornen, was a soldier for hire who drifted around the world. His specialty was breaking long sieges: a task he was so successful at, that the very sword he used became empowered to do the tasks commonly done during breaking sieges with great east. (DC 18, Breaking of the Eternal Siege)
Dolvik Dornen was apparently raised by orcs, and his birthplace became a sort of sacred site for the tribe, as he was their greatest warrior. It was here that Siegebreaker’s Sword was first formed from steel, and it returned to be reforged into adamantine. It is also here where it is said a wielder of Siegebreaker’s Sword may reforge themselves to be better tuned to the sword’s use. (DC 25, Adamantine Reforging)
The tribe of orcs that raised Dolvik Dornen were called the Castlesmashers, after their modus operandi: drive military forces back until they are locked into a castle, then start a long, drawn-out siege. Let none in, let none out until the defenders caved into the orc’s demands, usually food, money, slaves, and women. These orcs left behind many smashed castles, and it is said that Siegebreaker’s Sword will become even more powerful if it visits one of theses. (DC 31, Surviving An Ancient Siege)

Legacy Rituals: Three Rituals are required to unlock the full power of Siegebreaker’s Sword.

Breaking of the Eternal Siege: Must participate in the breaking of a siege that has lasted at least two years. Cost: 2,200 gp. Feat Granted: Least Legacy (Siegebreaker’s Sword).

Adamantine Reforging: Must visit the birthplace of Dolvik Dornen and meditate for three days and three nights on top of the location of the forge where Siegebreaker’s Sword was reforged. Cost: 12,500 gp. Feat Granted: Lesser Legacy (Siegebreaker’s Sword).

Surviving an Ancient Siege: The wielder of Siegebreaker’s Sword must find a site of a siege that ended no less than three decades ago, and must spend two weeks surviving in the area, while studying the strategy used to end the Siege. Cost: 40,500 gp. Feat Granted: Greater Legacy (Siegebreaker’s Sword).

Wielder Requirements:

2 ranks in Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering)
Base Attack Bonus +2

Legacy Item Abilities

Extreme Sundering (Ex): Starting at level six, Siegebreaker’s Sword ignores an extra 10 points of hardness for every five levels of the user.

Pathbreaker (Su): Beginning at 7th level, once per day when Siegebreaker’s Sword is struck against a lock, lid, door, valve, portal, normal bars, shackles, chains, bolts, and so on, a mournful tone rings forth. The struck item opens 1 round later. Siegebreaker’s Sword also automatically dispels a hold portal spell or even an arcane lock with a caster level lower than 15th. Each strike opens only one form of locking, so if a chest is chained, padlocked, locked, and arcane locked, it takes four strikes to open it.

Siege Breaking Size (Sp): At level eight, you can issue a command word to use enlarge person once per day (self only) as the spell. At 12th level, you can use this ability at will. Caster level 5th.

Find the Weak Spots (Su): At level nine, you may concentrate for two rounds to find particularly weak spots on walls, doors, chests, locks, ect. For every round spent finding a weak spot in a fortification, you may ignore an extra five points of hardness, up to five times your HD.

Siege Survival (Su): At level ten, as long as you are currently trying to break a siege, you no longer need to eat, drink, or sleep.

Fortified Resistance (Ex): At level Fifteen, Siegebreaker’s Sword grants you the resistance of a castle wall. You gain a +2 bonus to all fortitude and will saves.

Acid Burst (Sp): At level sixteen, you may fire an Orb of Acid from Siegebreaker’s Sword once a day. This increases to three times a day at level nineteen. Caster level ten.

Shaking Fortress (Su): At level seventeen, you may cause the ground under an opponent or a fortification to shake wildly, stunning anyone in a 20 foot radius from the target.

Breaking Morale (Su): At level eighteen, you may cause up to (2*your HD) HD of opponents to take a -4 moral penalty to attacks, damage, saves, skill checks, caster level checks, and initiative rolls, once a day.
Instant Fortification (SP): At level twenty, you may use Wall of Iron 1/day, as the spell. Caster Level 15.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d176/Salir/SeigeBreaker.png

Yes, I know the table is screwed up, but I'm to lazy to fix it right now. Just know the penalties are the same as Bloodcrier's Hammer, becuase i'm also lazy there.

Gralamin
2006-08-31, 10:01 PM
Intresting weapon.
One thing with fine the weak spots though. if you are level 20 and stare at something for 2 minutes you can ignore hardness 130. Thats a bit high.

either then that looks fine

Eighth_Seraph
2006-08-31, 10:46 PM
It has been said that mystical powers were bestowed on it by a god of war, though this is debated. (DC 15)

DC 15? Is that a typo, or am I missing something important? Also, moral is an adjective describing the views of a sentient beings in terms of right and wrong; morale is the emotional or mental condition with respect to cheerfulness, confidence, etc. in the face of opposition.

Sorry, my tweezers were already out so I thought I'd get to nitpicking.

PS New avatar! Thank you LoopyZebra!

ilovefire
2006-09-03, 12:52 AM
Hmm, I guess I could limit the max for Find the Weak Spots to ignoring just your level in hardness.

And the DCS are the DCs for Knowledge (History) checks to find that information.