PDA

View Full Version : SWG Help! Plz!

SemiteLock
2009-03-12, 01:09 AM
Hi, long time reader first time poster. Little bit of quick background, I've played lots of 3e and 3.5e DnD and a bit of 4e and my friends and I wanted to start a SWG group, but only one of my friends has any experience. Any suggestions for a new person? Oh and were playing online using video/ventrilo so any suggestions there would help to!

SilverSheriff
2009-03-12, 04:48 AM
Hi, long time reader first time poster. Little bit of quick background, I've played lots of 3e and 3.5e DnD and a bit of 4e and my friends and I wanted to start a SWG group, but only one of my friends has any experience. Any suggestions for a new person? Oh and were playing online using video/ventrilo so any suggestions there would help to!

First off:

SWG => Star Wars Galaxies
SAGA => Star Wars Saga edition.

but anyway; the only experiance you need to play a Star Wars campaign is to watch the movies, play some third edition Dungeons and Dragons and FEEL your character.

Optimator
2009-03-12, 06:16 AM
SWSE => Star Wars: Saga Edition.

Anyway, my advice is to play KotOR and/or KotOR II. I feel they give a good look at the Star Wars universe that you might not see from the movies.

SemiteLock
2009-03-12, 06:30 PM
OK thanks for the advice guys. Ive already watched all the movies and beat KOTOR so i get the general idea. Theres no chance for cheese like in 3e right? I havent heard of any and i doubt the guys im playing with will but i just want to make sure

NPCMook
2009-03-12, 08:36 PM
Depends if you use the RCR, or the newer Saga Edition Rules. RCR basically had 3-4 classes that all did about the same thing, just minor differences, Saga Edition condensed the class list down to 5 classes with Talent Trees. You get 10 Talents Total if you simply stick to your class, but you can gain less depending on your Prestige class. 18 Feats, again less depending on your Prestige Classes. You can still Level Dip, but its not game breaking

TheThan
2009-03-12, 08:55 PM
wookieepedia (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page) is your friend my young padawan.