PDA

View Full Version : Plot V's next move

derfenrirwolv
2009-03-12, 01:14 AM
I'd go with a prismatic sphere around the family, or else Momma Dragon's just going to breath weapon them all to dissolved ash.

Felyndiira
2009-03-12, 01:40 AM
Monstrous Thrall on the Mommy Black Dragon =p.

It won't happen, but there's nothing wrong with hoping.

BlueWizard
2009-03-12, 02:20 AM
That dragon is nothing now. I don't think we'll even see it in the next panel.

silvadel
2009-03-12, 02:25 AM
If V really wants revenge on the dragon -- feeding it to the snarl would be fitting.

Nimrod's Son
2009-03-12, 02:45 AM
I'd go with a prismatic sphere around the family, or else Momma Dragon's just going to breath weapon them all to dissolved ash.
The way V's grinning in that last panel, I'm not sure his mind's on protecting his family at all by this point.

Nerdanel
2009-03-12, 05:00 AM
It's now the dragon's turn to act. We'd need to plot her next move too, since it comes before V's.

Attack V? Kill V's family with one last breath/spell? Teleport away? Roll a natural 1 on the save against massive damage from the disintegrate and be unable to act, due to being dead?

Laughing Dragon
2009-03-12, 09:33 AM
Nerdanel is correct ... it is the Dragon's turn to act next. As there is only a small (~5%) chance that the Dragon will blow her save, she has a range of possibilities. Attempt escape? Breathe on the family (breathe on V and splash the family "accidently")? Attack V (with a no-save-allowed spell perhaps)? Only time will tell.

The real question here is: Will V's family end up as collateral damage? Splash damage; whether from breath weapon, or area effect spell, can be devestating on zero level types. Heck ... they could even be smothered to death by the cloud of dust generated by a disintegrated black dragon!

GSFB
2009-03-12, 06:54 PM
V's next move may be one of the following:

1) Finish off the ABD with a spell that accidentally kills off the family (see my other thread about that), or

2) "Gust of wind."

It really depends on where Giant wants to go with this.

silas the monk
2009-03-12, 07:02 PM
The way V's grinning in that last panel, I'm not sure his mind's on protecting his family at all by this point.

I rather fear that this is actually the case and that the family will die in collateral damage. PRismatic spehre seems the right choice but somehow I don't see V using it.

JoseB
2009-03-12, 07:38 PM
It is the dragon's turn... Chances are that she survived the "disintegrate" (40d6 maximum damage versus 380+ HP on average for the dragon, and that is with a failed save).

The dragon may feel that she is done for... But she will know that she still has one last chance to do something. If she is feeling spiteful enough, she may use that chance to acid-breath V's mate and the two elf kids, who are already very badly injured. They would have practically no chance of surviving that. That would be her partian shot, her final revenge. V will kill her next... But she will have killed V's whole family in one go.

And if V had acted differently at the outset (using some other spell that would have prevented the dragon from acting any more, rather than a "disintegrate" that was all but guaranteed to keep her active for at least one more turn) he would have still been able to save his mate and children.

*sigh*

Just my 2 eurocent!

Volkov
2009-03-12, 07:50 PM
Quickened acid breath, then greater teleport.