PDA

View Full Version : Long delay

Thajocoth
2009-03-12, 04:44 PM
I'm currently in 3 campaigns and running 2. 4 of those are the same group of people, just a sort of cycling as to who's GM.

Of the 4 campaigns for this group, mine and one other each had 1 session in January, and the other 2's last sessions were December and "The Sunday before Wrath of The Lich King was released".

The reason for the delay is fairly simple... We all took up snowboarding.

Now, the next game that will be run with this group will be on the weekend of March 28th/29th. Probably my campaign since I have the most stuff pre-planned. (As much as I'd love to elaborate, I do not wish to bore you all.)

I like my campaign and my characters in my friend's campaigns, so I'd rather not give up on them... Just wondering how realistic that view is...

Basically, is there a length of delay after which you basically say "screw it" and give up on a game?

donthaveone83
2009-03-12, 05:02 PM
Well, the group I DM for has a few members that live a few hours away, and due to school/work schedules we'll sometimes pause a game for upwards of 8 weeks.

Though really, we finished the first half the campeign, and I'm thinking of scrapping the second half and starting something new. So I guess I'd say after a few months, just start something new unless you're really into the game you've got going.

BlueWizard
2009-03-12, 05:33 PM
Not for dedicated gamers. I could probably pick up my game now if I gathered my old table-toppers from around the country, and it's been years since we met.

Thajocoth
2009-03-12, 05:45 PM
Not for dedicated gamers. I could probably pick up my game now if I gathered my old table-toppers from around the country, and it's been years since we met.

This is how I feel. I remember all the details, from the beginning of the campaign to the present. Where we've been, who we've met, what we've fought... Even layouts and the gist of what happened in each battle... But some of the other players... After 3 or 4 days, they forget everything and need a major recap.

The campaign I'm running, for example... We left off... A battle defending a Halfling town from Sahuagin just ended. There's an item in a lake for the party to get to prevent more Sahuagin from coming back again tomorrow night. After that the party has to decide which of about a dozen other places to head towards, each of which has something different awaiting them based on the town/city's history over the past 300 years. I'm really looking forward to revealing all these things... But each time we play, I gotta spend more and more of the time recapping everything.