PDA

View Full Version : Legostar Galactica! Read this if you like LEGO and/or sci-fi!

Flame of Anor
2009-03-12, 06:53 PM
"Feel free to trade links of your favorites here."
So say the rules. Well, that is exactly what I'm doing.

Legostar Galactica is a photographic LEGO science fiction webcomic made by Dr. Dusan Jeftinija, and I think it's pretty great. If you like LEGOs and science fiction--and who doesn't?--then I think you will like it as well. It's very funny, has enough long-term story to balance the jokes, and, of course, it's made of LEGO.

Also, this comic has a forum--a woefully underpopulated forum. To give you an idea, the last thread on the first page of the solitary board was last posted in 2007, and of the 25 threads on that page, 7 were last posted by me (and I've only posted once today).

I am certain, however, that there are enough people here who like LEGOs and science fiction to inject new life into it, once the connection is made.

And here it is:

This is the link (http://legostargalactica.comicgenesis.com) to the main comic page.
This is the link (http://cornstalker.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=17) to the main forum page.
This is the link (http://cornstalker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5302) to the thread I started for posters just arrived from GiantITP--please introduce yourself!

The Evil Thing
2009-03-13, 05:45 AM
So basically it's like Irregular Webcomic?

Attilargh
2009-03-13, 08:26 AM
So, we have LEGO Star Wars and now this. What's next, Stickle Brick Babylon 5?

Simons Mith
2009-03-13, 09:11 AM
I don't think so; Lego is a popular choice because of the higher quality of the acting. :-)

Gez
2009-03-13, 10:01 AM
So basically it's like Irregular Webcomic?
I discovered it through IWC. But it's actually a bit older than DMM's creation (25th of August vs. 31st of December, 2002 for both).

Dr Legostar
2009-03-13, 10:14 AM
I would like it noted that I did not ask Flame of Anor to create these threads, however, I greatly appreciate them and any effort to spread knowledge of my comic and increase any activity in my sad sad forums. Thanks Flame, keep up the awesome work.

As for any similarity or association with Irregular Webcomic, David Morgan-Mar and I started entirely independently and found out about each other years later, there are a couple of crossovers as well as April fools switches between the two of us over the years and we stay on good terms.

raffj002
2009-03-14, 06:16 PM
I love Legostar Galactica, especially Red!:smallamused: My favourite one is defiantly the copy and pasted joke, which i can't find.

RationalGoblin
2009-03-14, 10:52 PM
So, we have LEGO Star Wars and now this. What's next, Stickle Brick Babylon 5?

Quoting ZP? Awesome.

Rockphed
2009-03-15, 12:36 AM
I have been faithfully following Legostar Galactica for almost a year now. Normally, it provides a smirk. Reading the entire archive was a pain, though mostly worth it. Lets just say that I would rather not run into any Harry Potter fan-fiction. *Shudder*

Furthermore, the large archive, though a pain to read through, is a nice place to turn if I ever need a genuine chuckle. It normally takes about 50 pages(and finding a suitable point to enter the story) before I am grinning ear to ear. Grinning ear to ear is a fun thing to do.

*Salutes the good doctor* Keep up the good work.