PDA

View Full Version : My friend wants to make a Tron D20

The Cats
2009-03-12, 10:10 PM
That's all the information I have on the matter. Thoughts?

Jack_Simth
2009-03-12, 11:24 PM
That's all the information I have on the matter. Thoughts?
The easy way: Reflavored D&D. The term "user" replaces the term "deity" (that's about the regard the programs held them in), the term "functions" replaces the terms "spells" and "class features", "plug ins" replace "magic items", and so on. Don't use monsters (except in a few rare cases); use characters built on the same rules as the PC's.

The Hard Way: Build classes, crunchy bits, and the world from the ground up.

Talya
2009-03-13, 07:17 AM
The term "user" replaces the term "deity" (that's about the regard the programs held them in)

Isn't that odd, now? Thinking back on it, you're right. But these days,...the user is the incompetent enemy whom IT must mock at every opportunity. The true deities are the administrators!

/BoFH off

Dyllan
2009-03-13, 07:47 AM
Isn't that odd, now? Thinking back on it, you're right. But these days,...the user is the incompetent enemy whom IT must mock at every opportunity. The true deities are the administrators!

/BoFH off

Yes. But in truth, this particular user was part administrator part programmer. It's just that terminology has changed somewhat.

Hawriel
2009-03-13, 07:48 AM
That would be shadowrun played intierly in the matrix. However the players are the deckers programs or ICE.