PDA

View Full Version : [3.5e PrC] Ephemeral Blade (Time-themed ToB/Psionic Dual Progression) [PEACH]

Eldariel
2009-03-14, 05:39 AM
I tried to dig for a ToB/Psionic dual progression PrC, but really failed to come up with what I was looking for so I decided to create one myself. This is where that labor got me - what do you think?

Ephemeral Blade

Prerequisites
Skills: Concentration 8 ranks, Psicraft 5 ranks, Knowledge (Psionics) 5 ranks
Feats: Psionic Meditation OR Instant Clarity
Martial Maneuvers: Two maneuvers, at least one of which is of Diamond Mind school and one of which is a strike.
Martial Stance: One Diamond Mind stance.
Powers: Ability to manifest level 2 powers, including at least one from the Psychoportation discipline.

Hit Die: d6
{table=head]Level|
BAB|
Fort. Save|
Ref. Save|
Will Save|
Man. Known|
Man. Readied|
Stances Known|
Special|
Manifesting

1st|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+2|
0|
0|
0|Psionic Concentration, Psionic Recovery 1/day|
-

2nd|
+2|
+0|
+0|
+3|
1|
0|
0|Accelerated Mind Stance|
+1 existing manifesting class

3rd|
+3|
+1|
+1|
+3|
0|
1|
0|Channel Power, Instant Clarity +1/day|

4th|
+4|
+1|
+1|
+4|
1|
0|
0|Innervating Strike|

5th|
+5|
+1|
+1|
+4|
0|
0|
1|Warp Blade 30', Psionic Recovery 2/day|

6th|
+6|
+2|
+2|
+5|
1|
1|
0|Instant Clarity +1/day|
-

7th|
+7|
+2|
+2|
+5|
0|
0|
0|Temporal Manipulation|

8th|
+8|
+2|
+2|
+6|
1|
0|
0|Diamond Rift Stance
|+1 existing manifesting class

9th|
+9|
+3|
+3|
+6|
0|
1|
0|Infinite Instant Clarity, Psionic Recovery 3/day|

10th|
+10|
+3|
+3|
+7|
1|
0|
0|Mental Alacrity, Warp Blade 60'|
+1 existing manifesting class[/table]

Class Skills (4 + Int modifier per level): Skill list: Balance, Bluff, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (Dungeoneering), Knowledge (Local), Knowledge (Psionics), Martial Lore, Profession, Ride, Psicraft, Sense Motive, Swim

Maneuvers: At each even-numbered level, you gain one new maneuver known from Diamond Mind, Iron Heart or White Raven disciplines. You add your full ephemeral blade level to your initiator level to determine your total initiator level and your highest-level maneuvers known.
At 3rd, 6th, and 9th level, you gain an additional maneuver readied.

Stances: At 5th level, you learn a new stance from Diamond Mind, Iron Heart or White Raven disciplines.

Manifesting: At each level except 1st and 6th, you gain new powers known and power points as if you had also gained a level in whatever manifesting class you belonged to before you added the prestige class. If you had multiples, choose one.

Psionic Concentration (Ex): Starting from 1st level, you may add your psionic manifesting stat to Concentration-checks instead of your Constitution.

Psionic Recovery (Su): Starting from 1st level, once per day, when you initiate a martial maneuver, you may expend your Psionic Focus to gain temporary power points equal to half your Initiator Level. These power points persist for 1 round/class level. You gain additional daily uses of this ability on 5th and 9th levels.

Accelerated Mind Stance (Su): Starting from 2nd level, when in a stance of any discipline, you may forgo the stance's normal benefits. Instead when psionically focused, you gain benefits depending on your class level, according to the following table.

Level 2: +1 insight to attack rolls and damage, +10' insight bonus to your movement speed, +1 insight to AC and saves.
Level 4: When making a full attack action, you may make an extra attack at your highest base attack bonus. This extra attack stacks with haste and similar abilities.
Level 6: +2 insight to attack rolls and damage, +20' insight bonus to your movement speed.
Level 8: +2 insight to AC and saves.
Level 10: +3 insight to attack rolls and damage, +30' insight bonus to your movement speed, +3 insight to AC and saves.

Switching between these benefits and your normal stance benefits is a swift action.

Channel Power (Su): Starting from 3rd level, when performing a martial strike, you may expend your Psionic Focus to also manifest a power as a part of the same action. If the strike hits, the manifested power also affects the opponent. If the power is normally an area effect, it only affects the target of the strike instead, and if the power normally requires touch attack, it automatically hits instead. If the strike allows you to attack multiple creatures, it affects the first creature hit only.

Extra Instant Clarity (Ex): If you have the Instant Clarity feat, you gain an extra use of the ability on level 3. You gain an additional extra use on levels 6. On level 9, you become able to use Instant Clarity without limit. If you do not have the feat, this class feature provides you with no benefits. If you later acquire the Instant Clarity-feat, you also gain benefits of this class feature as if you had had the feat all along.

Innervating Strike (Su): Starting from 4th level, if you hit an opponent with a martial strike, you may immediately follow it up with a Teleportation-description power manifestable as a free action. You may use this ability once per encounter.

Warp Blade (Su): Starting from 5th level, you may expend your Psionic Focus and power points equal to maneuver level to initiate a martial strike at a target within 30' with a melee weapon. This range increases to 60' on level 10.

Temporal Manipulation (Su): Starting from 7th level, once per encounter, by expending your Psionic Focus, you may perform an action that normally takes a swift action as an immediate action instead.

Diamond Rift Stance (Su): Starting from 8th level, when in a Diamond Mind stance, you may forgo the stance's normal benefits. Instead, you gain +1 Manifester Level and +1 to the save DCs of any powers of Teleport subschool that you manifest while in this stance. As a secondary benefit, whenever you teleport into a position where an opponent is within your natural reach, you may initiate a strike as a part of the teleportation action. Switching between these benefits and your normal stance benefits is a swift action.

Mental Alacrity (Su): On 10th level, once per encounter, by expending your Psionic Focus, you may take an extra full-round action. You may use this ability on your own turn as a free action.

JeminiZero
2009-03-14, 07:42 AM
Maneuvers: At each even-numbered level, you gain one new maneuver known from Diamond Mind, Iron Heart or White Raven disciplines. At 3rd, 6th, and 9th level, you gain an additional maneuver readied.

You might want to add somewhere that levels in this PrC counts fully towards your initiator level.

Pie Guy
2009-03-14, 08:23 AM
Channel power is unclear. Does the affected person get a save?

Eldariel
2009-03-14, 11:00 AM
Channel power is unclear. Does the affected person get a save?

If the power offers a save, yes.

JoshuaZ
2009-03-14, 01:06 PM
You might want to allow them to maneuvers also from The Sleeping Goddess Discipline which is a discipline constructed by The Demented One that is designed to work with psionics: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5408276

Eldariel
2009-03-14, 01:42 PM
You might want to add somewhere that levels in this PrC counts fully towards your initiator level.

Done.

You might want to allow them to maneuvers also from The Sleeping Goddess Discipline which is a discipline constructed by The Demented One that is designed to work with psionics: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5408276

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. GiTP was down when I was building the class so I wasn't aware of its existence. I'll have to take a look and see how to go about binding the class and the system. Preliminarily though, it could just be added to the class as an additional school.

I also added "Psionic Concentration" to add a bit more of benefit from the psionic side to the martial abilities (it effectively improves your concentration-checks, which gives Diamond Mind an indirect buff). Finally, I added 2 more skills/level and expanded the skill list a bit to make the class a bit more enticing to non-Psion manifesters, especially Wilders interested in the facehood. Finally, I upped the power of Psionic Recovery a bit (it's your initiator level rather than half of it) as it was brought to my attention that as it's limited on a daily basis and thus should grant a bonus large enough to actually be of some use. Now it can actually be used to manifest a power at your manifester level once.