PDA

View Full Version : How will they react...

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-14, 08:19 AM
I wonder how V's mate and kids will react to this new darker and scary V. The kids probably don't even recognise it to be "parent". And what do you think the baker will do when he sees the evil version of h** mate?

Lissibith
2009-03-14, 08:24 AM
I think V'd be okay if they were just seeing - it's the hearing I'm more worried about. Looks can be deceiving, but it's hard to misunderstand talking in detail about the dragon's child's last moments before you killed him - and by implication proving you sort of brought this on your family

NeonRonin
2009-03-14, 08:28 AM
I smell another 'Irreconcilable Alignment Differences' court case... but then again, knowing what I do about elvish culture, is it even POSSIBLE for elves to get a divorce?

This might get a little bit messy to say the least...

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-14, 08:32 AM
:vaarsuvius: I've come to save you!

V mate: Who- who are you?

:vaarsuvius: :smalleek:

V kids: Parent, don't let it hurt us! *squirm*

Tempest Fennac
2009-03-14, 08:39 AM
I'm inclined to agree with Lissibith (V bragging about killing the young dragon would probably scare his/her family while making them want to avoid V due to how disturbing the fact that V bragging about that is).

Kranden
2009-03-14, 08:41 AM
The best move V could make right now is kill the dragon and leave. I think V's master is going to show up and might not exactly take a liking to his best student turning into that.

Zerg Cookie
2009-03-14, 08:42 AM
I still think that the ate and kids will die.
They'll probably get to say something to V before their death, preferably something that would drive V madder (if this word even exist :smallbiggrin:)

Think about it: V just gave the dragon one round of action, which is more than enough to kill V's mate&kids... The dragon almost kill them, V kills the dragon and get to say last words to her family which will be all :smalleek:
And V won't be able to help them because she can't duplicate any divine effect

gamerboy6000
2009-03-14, 08:43 AM
Yeah, I've been wondering about the same thing... V's family (and mentor, possibly) aren't going to be happy about that.

GoC
2009-03-14, 11:04 AM
I think V'd be okay if they were just seeing - it's the hearing I'm more worried about. Looks can be deceiving, but it's hard to misunderstand talking in detail about the dragon's child's last moments before you killed him - and by implication proving you sort of brought this on your family

The thing is V is lieing. There was no pitiful mewing.
This is all just taunting to get the dragon angry and not thinking clearly. Otherwise the dragon could just cast antimagic field and take a move action to go over to V. Ending up in the same situation as before.

If I was either kids or parrent I'd just think it was just taunting. Unfortunately that's not how it works in 90% of stories.

Estrosiath
2009-03-14, 11:18 AM
The thing is V is lieing. There was no pitiful mewing.
This is all just taunting to get the dragon angry and not thinking clearly. Otherwise the dragon could just cast antimagic field and take a move action to go over to V. Ending up in the same situation as before.

If I was either kids or parrent I'd just think it was just taunting. Unfortunately that's not how it works in 90% of stories.

Excellent point GoC... I had not looked at it that way. Yes, it makes a lot of sense that V (despite being actively encouraged to kill the dragon in a horrendous way) still is in control, and is trying to goad the dragon into targeting him instead of his family.