PDA

View Full Version : Yet another musical interlude.....

JoseB
2009-03-14, 03:00 PM
Well, the other night I was watching yet again one of my favourite movies ("Koyaanisqatsi"), when it struck me that there were parts of the music by Philip Glass that flows throughout the film that were extraordinarily appropriate for the scenes that we are being presented in the comic right now. Bear with me for a moment...

In particular, I found that "Pruitt Igoe" (one of the compositions from that movie) goes fantastically well with the whole sequence of events from comic #630 (V realises he is powerless to prevent the ABD's rampage) until after the latest comic (#637). In my imagination I extend the action after #637 to include an apocalyptic battle with the dragon that claims V's family as collateral victims.

The music fits, really. It even has a (semi-suitably highly pitched) choir at some point. And it sounds totally apocalyptic. And the coda has an abrupt change in mood that... well, you'll see.

You can listen to it here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVzwxQMuOww)

Opinions? What do you think? (I can almost hear the titanic magical energies being released during the battle).

Just my 2 eurocent!

P.S.: In the original movie, this music accompanied the demolition by controlled explosives of an abandoned apartment complex, the "Pruitt Igoe" of the title. I can't help but thinking of what may happen to the elves' village during the battle.....