PDA

View Full Version : Turquoise Bicycles Actualize Radishly! [Creature]

The Demented One
2006-08-30, 10:37 PM
Yellow Slaad
Size/Type: Tiny Outsider (Chaotic, Extraplanar)
Hit Dice: 3d8+6 (19 hp)
Initiative: +5
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
Armor Class: 16 (+2 size, +1 Dex, +3 natural), touch 13, flatfooted 15
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/-3
Attack: Bite +7 melee (1d3+2 plus slaadpox)
Full Attack: Bite +7 melee (1d3+2 plus slaadpox)
Space/Reach: 2 ½ ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Dazing croak, slaadpox, summon slaad
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., damage reduction 5/lawful, immunity to sonic, resistance to acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5, and fire 5
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +4, Will +1
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 13, Con 15, Int 4, Wis 6, Cha 6
Skills: Hide +15, Intimidate +4, Jump +16, Listen +4, Spot +4
Feats: Power Attack, Improved Initiative
Environment: Ever-Changing Chaos of Limbo
Organization: Solitary or gang (2-4)
Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Chaotic Neutral
Advancement: 4-6 HD (Tiny)
Level Adjustment: – (Improved Familiar)

Yellow slaadi are chaotic exemplars from the plane of Limbo, said to be little more than whisps of anarchic energy given form and mind. While they can reproduce via disease like a blue slaad, most are simply extruded from Limbo itself. They have no real motives, instead simply wandering around, spreading slaadpox and reproducing. Yellow slaadi are basically frog-like in shape, though, being slaadi, the number of eyes, limbs, and digits they have is highly variable from slaad to slaad. A summon monster II spell can be used to summon a yellow slaad. A chaotic character with a arcane caster level 7th or higher with the Improved Familiar feat may summon a yellow slaad to serve as his familiar.

Dazing Croak (Su)
Once per day, a yellow slaad may emit a high-pitched croak. All creatures within 20 ft. of it, except other slaadi, must make a DC 13 Will save or be dazed for 1 round. The save is Con based.

Slaadpox (Su)
Supernatural disease–bite, Fortitude DC 13, incubation period 1 day, damage 1d3 Cha. The save is Con based. An afflicted humanoid reduced to Charisma 0 by slaadpox dissolves into pure chaotic energy, dying. 1d4 yellow slaadi are created as a byproduct of his dissolution, which soon hop away.

Summon Slaad (Sp)
Once per day, a yellow slaad may attempt to summon another yellow slaad with a 20% chance of success. This ability is the equivalent of a 1st level spell.

Skills
A yellow slaad has a +8 racial bonus on Jump checks.

Winged One
2006-08-30, 11:50 PM
...PLEASE tell us that you're submiting this to MitP...

The Demented One
2006-08-30, 11:55 PM
...PLEASE tell us that you're submiting this to MitP...
Unfortunately, Slaadi aren't OGC, so I can't. Sorry.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-08-31, 12:09 AM
Darn it... D1, where'd you get the title for this thread? KNOW I've seen that somewhere before, but I cannot for my life remember where.

The Demented One
2006-08-31, 12:09 AM
Darn it... D1, where'd you get the title for this thread? KNOW I've seen that somewhere before, but I cannot for my life remember where.
From OOTS.

LordOfNarf
2006-08-31, 12:14 AM
hate to be a sticler, the monster looks good, but actually, Turqoise bycycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0068.html)

have you ever considered posting a monster with major errors in the math, and seeing how many people actually read your entries befor voting?

The Demented One
2006-08-31, 12:18 AM
hate to be a sticler, the monster looks good, but actually, Turqoise bycycle shoe fins actualize radishes greenly (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0068.html)
Couldn't fit it all in the title bar.

[quote]have you ever considered posting a monster with major errors in the math, and seeing how many people actually read your entries befor voting?
First off, I don't think too many people check anyone math before voting. Secondly, while that would be interesting, my obsessive-compulsive side wouldn't let me make a deliberately bad monster.

LordOfNarf
2006-08-31, 12:20 AM
Couldn't fit it all in the title bar
Ah, I didn't realize the limit was thet small.

Jack_Simth
2006-08-31, 12:26 AM
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously

Wikipedia that, and you'll have a slightly better understanding of where the title comes from.

Peregrine
2006-08-31, 12:31 AM
Unfortunately, Slaadi aren't OGC, so I can't. Sorry.
Hmm. You could scrub it down to OGC, call them Yellow Chaos Toads or something. Kind of like how all the character name spells got scrubbed before going into the SRD.

First off, I don't think too many people check anyone math before voting. Secondly, while that would be interesting, my obsessive-compulsive side wouldn't let me make a deliberately bad monster.
Actually, this could be an interesting thing to do, as an exercise... 'Spot the ten problems with this creature.' :D

Fizban
2006-09-01, 10:55 PM
I believe you created this to go with those summoner feats that you made a while back, correct? You needed a CR 2 chaotic outsider, and the best you could find was an anarchic toad.

And if anyone thinks I threadomancied this, look at the OP date. [/paranoid fear of being yelled at by people]

The Demented One
2006-09-01, 11:14 PM
I believe you created this to go with those summoner feats that you made a while back, correct? You needed a CR 2 chaotic outsider, and the best you could find was an anarchic toad.

And if anyone thinks I threadomancied this, look at the OP date. [/paranoid fear of being yelled at by people]
Hey, you're right! You earn a cookie.