PDA

View Full Version : Insanowar 2: Electric Boogaloo

Pages : [1] 2 3

Rutskarn
2009-03-14, 06:33 PM
Welcome to Insanowar

Da Rules:

1.) There are five players, each of which represent a commander of their army.

2.) Each player takes turns choosing some powerful character, semi-powerful group of characters, or large mob of expendable non-characters from any sort of media. Examples: The TMNTs, a Dreadnought from 40K, a mob of kobolds.

3.) When each player has 10 selections, the game begins.

4.) A map will be provided showing the layout of the battlefield. Each person will have a base of operations with which they can wage war. Note that each base is about 2 turns away from each other.

5.) A static turn order is established. In each turn, the player dictates what their troops are doing, as far as the opponent can see. Secret actions need not be reported (although it is good sportsmanship to give hints as to what your are planning).

6.) When troops engage, the person whose turn the engagement took place on decides the outcome, which will usually NOT be all one way. If there is any friendly dispute (and the dispute WILL be friendly, or else), other players/playgrounders chime in with their opinions. If no consensus is reached, it's a 50/50 slaughter.

7.) The winner is the one who wins.

Da Guidelinez:

1.) You can't choose anyone TOO powerful. No gods, demigods, anything like that. Make it something that's about the same power level as the other troops on the field.

2.) Don't be a jerk. The objective here is to have fun--frankly, who wins and who loses is pretty arbitrary anyway. This game is definitely straddling the line between Silly and Structured.

3.) Respect Awesomeness. If a player is pulling off something that's just too awesome to believe, that should aid his victory.

4.) Enjoy yourself. Seriously, guys.

Alright, all people who reserved slots in the next game have until Monday, March 14 (Pacific Time) to claim them. After that, open registration.

Shadowcaller
2009-03-15, 03:14 AM
So... who are the players?

Edit: I'm in if there is any room.

Fin
2009-03-15, 04:23 AM
Can I sign-up now, so if there is room after the reservations then I'll have that space? If so... In, with Cake!

Saint Nil
2009-03-15, 07:35 AM
In please.

Murska
2009-03-15, 07:35 AM
I'm playing! And I even have a post on the first page of the last thread to prove it. :smallsmile:

Selrahc
2009-03-15, 09:29 AM
Maybe you should expand the player list to 6 or 7?

Darkcomet
2009-03-15, 09:53 AM
Here's my confirmation of reservation:

Can I reserve a spot for the next game?

Recaiden
2009-03-15, 10:30 AM
Maybe you should expand the player list to 6 or 7?

Alternately, you could delegate a sub narrator to run a second game if there is that much interest.

Uncle Festy
2009-03-15, 10:33 AM
… hm.
If I'm actually in, I will have NO idea who to pick. v.v
Especially because most of the characters I know were taken during the first game.

Rutskarn
2009-03-15, 10:55 AM
Hm. This does look like we're gonna need more than one thread.

Tell you what--we'll do this by reservation seniority. Those that have reservations for this game get this thread, and if the other people on reservation want to start a new thread, they can do so.

Murska is in.

Darkcomet is in.

Uncle Festy has the option of joining.

Saint Nil, I forget--do you have a reservation?

Also: Dr. Bath has the option of joining in, having a first-page reservation.

Recaiden
2009-03-15, 11:17 AM
Murska.

Darkcomet.

Uncle Festy.

FF Fanboy also had a reservation.

So did Duos.

And billtodamax

And Shadowcaller

Then Nil asked in.

Then Recaiden asked to play again.

Then Fin!

Adding in Rutskarn and we have a nice not-round 11 people.

Rutskarn
2009-03-15, 11:33 AM
Nah, I'd sit out the next round. I'm perfectly happy to watch others play.

Saint Nil
2009-03-15, 11:51 AM
I made a reservation at the end of the last thread.

Rutskarn
2009-03-15, 12:29 PM
Alright, Saint, if nobody with a prior reservation steps in, you get a slot.

Fan
2009-03-15, 02:58 PM
I'm here to activate my reservation... >.>
I made mine when the recuritment on the last ended, post will be edited with a link.

billtodamax
2009-03-15, 03:18 PM
I'd like to confirm my reservation:

on page nine of the first thread:

can I reserve a spot for the next game?

Fin
2009-03-15, 03:42 PM
Well looks like I'll be missing out, but not to worry I am about to start BackStabbery (which y'all better have joined :smallamused:) anyway so this way my attention won't be divided. But I will however state this as an official first page reservation for the next iteration of Insanowar!

Rutskarn
2009-03-15, 07:33 PM
Alright, unless anyone with reservation seniority (like the Bathster) steps in, seems like we've got ourselves a roster.

Fan
2009-03-15, 07:33 PM
Reservation confirmation. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5567993&postcount=14)

Saint Nil
2009-03-15, 07:35 PM
So, what is the current roster?

*hoping he has a spot*

billtodamax
2009-03-15, 11:59 PM
I'm ready, just need to know if I have a spot. C'mon Rut, post! Otherwise I might be pushed off of the list.

Rutskarn
2009-03-16, 09:41 AM
Hm. It appears that Saint Nil posted his reservation a page after billtodamax.

The latter player gets into the next match.

Correct me if I've erred, but the roster looks like:

Murska

Darkcomet

Uncle Festy

Billtodamax

FF fanboy

Recaiden
2009-03-16, 11:22 AM
You know, I'm pretty sure my list is in order of claims:

Murska

Darkcomet

Uncle Festy

FF Fanboy

Duos

Duos was before billtodamax.

Mordokai
2009-03-16, 12:40 PM
*sigh* I'll be reserving a spot for next one, if that's possible.

Fan
2009-03-16, 03:01 PM
*cough* I reserved before Darkcomet, in fact my post is right after Slerach's in the first thread.

billtodamax
2009-03-16, 03:16 PM
To my knowledge, Duos hasn't left his reservation confirmation in this thread. I believe that's why I was put on the list ahead of him.

Recaiden
2009-03-16, 03:23 PM
Rutskarn
Murska
FF Fanboy
Darkcomet
Uncle Festy
Duos
billtodamax
Shadowcaller
Nil
Recaiden
Fin
Mordokai

12 of us, but Rutskarn doesn't necessarily want to participate and Duos hasn't claimed his spot yet.

Saint Nil
2009-03-16, 03:29 PM
Ah well, at least I get in next time.:smallsmile:

Rutskarn
2009-03-16, 04:37 PM
*cough* I reserved before Darkcomet, in fact my post is right after Slerach's in the first thread.

Right, right, the roster was in no particular order.

You're in this round.

@Recaiden: You might be right, there--but Duos hasn't cashed in on his reservation.

Reinholdt
2009-03-16, 04:44 PM
Hmm... I may up and help Rutskarn out by making a separate thread and running it for those who are waiting. If that's alright with him.
It'll probably involve poking him a few times to ask him questions, but for the most part it seems mostly hands off anyways, unless disputes pop up.

Rutskarn
2009-03-16, 08:03 PM
Sounds good to me, Rein.

Reinholdt
2009-03-16, 08:07 PM
Alright then. Duos hasn't returned interest so my players will be:
Shadowcaller
Nil
Recaiden
Fin
Mordokai

And that should cover everyone.
*goes off to copy Rutskarn's post and make a new thread*

billtodamax
2009-03-16, 11:45 PM
I thought Recaiden was in this one? Man I'm confused.:smallbiggrin:

Fin
2009-03-17, 04:37 AM
Eeee! Luvs for Reinholdt! :smallbiggrin:

billtodamax
2009-03-17, 05:19 AM
You're going down Fin! I am well aware that we are in different games

Reinholdt
2009-03-17, 11:12 AM
Thread is up. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5895097#post5895097) I'll also send a PM. Here goes nothing.

Fan
2009-03-17, 01:56 PM
May we commence Army picking for this thread then, as people have been divided, and all slots filled? Please?

Rutskarn
2009-03-17, 04:35 PM
Sounds like a plan, FF.

First, we determine turn order. I'm tempted to just go by reservation order, but then again, we're probably pretty damn tired of worrying about that by now.

Without further ado, the (randomly determined) turn order:

Uncle Festy

billtodamax

Darkcomet

Murska

FF fanboy

It is now Uncle Festy's turn to select!

Remember: One selection for the first round, two selections for the second, three selections for the third and four selections for the fourth.

Uncle Festy
2009-03-18, 07:46 PM
It is now Uncle Festy's turn to select!

Um, um, um, um…
Eh, I gotta do it. Dr. McNinja, all the way. :smallbiggrin:

billtodamax
2009-03-18, 11:54 PM
I'll have to pick...

Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles.

This about the right level of power? Or should I just have Sonic?

Darkcomet
2009-03-19, 06:30 AM
I know this sounds like a not-so-good idea but...

Darth Vader.

Selrahc
2009-03-19, 09:41 AM
Hmmm... I have a feeling Murska will be winning the theme award based on what he has said so far. I wonder what his first selection will be? My guess is

A warlord of some kind. Ghazhgkull or Gorgutz? Or someone totally off the wall...

Rutskarn
2009-03-19, 09:45 AM
I'll have to pick...

Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles.

This about the right level of power? Or should I just have Sonic?

Considering the latter two are canonically useless...

Murska
2009-03-19, 10:02 AM
I believe I shall pick... Big Mek Badzappa with his Kustom Gear!

Dr. Bath
2009-03-19, 01:03 PM
Ruttin frassin grassin grumble. I haven't even been able to get on the forums properly since last week, and now I lose my reservations. It's like the Ritz all over again! (What do you mean I'm not the Ambassador of Canada, of course I am, you fool of a maitre de! Pah! They didn't even let me keep the champagne I took)

Fah. I guess I'll have to boo from the sidelines again.

Fan
2009-03-19, 02:03 PM
Instead of what I stated in the last thread, this time I will be selecting a group of 7 Protoss Dark Templar, the leader of which will be Zeratul... No not the forum member, the dark templar that took up the lead on Shakuras after the Matriarch was given a mercy killing by him.

billtodamax
2009-03-19, 03:16 PM
Considering the latter two are canonically useless...

Well, we'll see. I at least have a use for one of them.

Uncle Festy
2009-03-20, 05:21 PM
Oh wait crap is it my turn?
Ok, I'll grab Chell (with the portal gun, of course) and Yoda.
The badass version, of course. :smallbiggrin:

Army List:
Dr. McNinja
Chell with Portal Gun
Yoda

Recaiden
2009-03-20, 05:50 PM
Are you just taking our picks now? Probably not, but I'm watching you, Festy.

billtodamax
2009-03-20, 05:50 PM
My pick then?
I pick Captain Falcon and The Ilse Witch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grianne_Ohmsford). She commands a versatile magic called the wishsong which she controls with her voice.

1. Sonic Team
2. Captain Falcon
3. The Ilse Witch

EDIT: I imagine it's an eye for an eye sort of thing. I believe DC had already picked Darth Vader.

Darkcomet
2009-03-20, 06:23 PM
EDIT: I imagine it's an eye for an eye sort of thing. I believe DC had already picked Darth Vader.

Yeah, I picked Vader and then Nil picked him in the other thread.

Speaking of which...

Next two picks:

A DnD healmonkey cleric. Does not carry riches for raising the dead, so don't worry about that. :smalltongue:
Two Mammoth Tanks. (http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/X-66_Mammoth_tank)

Army List:

1. Darth Vader
2. A DnD healmonkey cleric
3. Two Mammoth Tanks

billtodamax
2009-03-20, 06:27 PM
:smalleek: Those mammoth tanks might cause a problem. I might have to pull another heavy hitter out next selection. Of course, the people on board are a lot more vunerable...

Murska
2009-03-20, 06:36 PM
My next picks shall be Ork Warlord Ghazhgkull, who comes with a Shokk Attack Gun to give to the Mek, and a Gargantuan Squiggoth.

1. Big Mek Badzappa
2. Warlord Ghazhgkull
3. Gargantuan Squiggoth

Darkcomet
2009-03-21, 11:38 AM
*waits for Fan's pick*

*wonders if anyone else is terrified of my tanks*

Uncle Festy
2009-03-21, 07:22 PM
Are you just taking our picks now? Probably not, but I'm watching you, Festy.

Hm?
Oh, no. I've been planning Chell since mid Insanowar one, and Yoda –*wait, did one of you guys pick Yoda? Hadn't noticed.
In any event, I'm picking not by priority but by how likely it is someone else will pick it first. My important guys I can probably hold off till last pick.

billtodamax
2009-03-21, 09:28 PM
I'm ready for them DC, should you choose to send them at me. However I'd wait for all of the army choices to see who'd be the easiest target. I'd far prefer them not coming at me than coming at me, because it'll be difficult for me to pull of everything at once otherwise. It might leave critical pieces exposed!

Darkcomet
2009-03-21, 09:30 PM
I'm ready for them DC, should you choose to send them at me. However I'd wait for all of the army choices to see who'd be the easiest target. I'd far prefer them not coming at me than coming at me, because it'll be difficult for me to pull of everything at once otherwise. It might leave critical pieces exposed!

You're asking for it you know.

Murska
2009-03-21, 11:09 PM
Well the stuff I have would already pretty much destroy those.

Darkcomet
2009-03-21, 11:10 PM
Well the stuff I have would already pretty much destroy those.

You don't want to completely destroy them, you want to wreck them and take them for yourself.

>.>

I know.

Murska
2009-03-21, 11:11 PM
*Gazes starry-eyed at a mental image of two looted Mammoth tanks...*

Darkcomet
2009-03-21, 11:12 PM
*Gazes starry-eyed at a mental image of two looted Mammoth tanks...*

Told you so. :smalltongue:

Fan
2009-03-21, 11:44 PM
Nice tanks Darkcomet, but can they stand to the might of the Concalve?!!!

I choose a group of 2 valorous immortals (http://starcraft2.com/features/protoss/immortal.xml) one of which is the valorous Fenix, hero of the battle of Auir!
and to aid them against the aerial threat, I will bring in a squad of 5 phoenix's (http://starcraft2.com/features/protoss/phoenix.xml) with the lead fighter being piloted by the Noble Artainis.

Those are my picks, now for the army list!

1. 7 Dark Templar lead by Zeratul
2. 2 Immortals, one of which is Fenix.
3. 5 protoss phoenix's, lead by Artainis.

Continue, Entaro Adun!

Recaiden
2009-03-21, 11:49 PM
Protoss much?

I predict the rest of the force to include:

1 certain protoss, and his ship, and possibly one of his allies who was never seen again, but you have most of them already.

Fan
2009-03-21, 11:51 PM
Protoss much?

1 certain protoss, and his ship, and possibly one of his allies who was never seen again, but you have most of them already.

You have discovered my theme!
But, yeah I choose them because the Starcraft units have SYNERGY, and Synergy is key to organization, and a organized force is key to victory!:smallcool:

Darkcomet
2009-03-21, 11:51 PM
Protoss much?

Well, D_Lord used stuff from the same source/side too, last time.

Though I'm not sure if Fan or Murska is going to get a Strongest Theme award...

EDIT: If my units end up being often from a common source, I'm picking from the ones I'm familiar with, is all.

Recaiden
2009-03-21, 11:54 PM
Yeah, but I had only the vaguest idea what it all was. These 2, I know about, and Murska had already said he was going to build an army of Orkz.

Darkcomet
2009-03-21, 11:55 PM
Yeah, but I had only the vaguest idea what it all was. These 2, I know about, and Murska had already said he was going to build an army of Orkz.

Well, I know the Protoss enough but I'm not too familiar with Orkz beyond a few basic things.

But what I do know is that I am not letting Murska near my precious tanks.

Recaiden
2009-03-21, 11:57 PM
I don't know them as well as starcraft, but I feel like I know enough about them. Like they cannot be allowed to get your tanks. They might become more powerful than they were before. That is to say, "oh, they don't look threatening - Ahhh! My whole airforce, and all my infantry, and all my tanks! Gone! " As a starting point, and getting worse. Also, I think they're some fungus like thing and most of their stuff works on psychic powers, sort of.

Darkcomet
2009-03-21, 11:58 PM
I don't know them as well as starcraft, but I feel like I know enough about them. Like they cannot be allowed to get your tanks. They might become more powerful than they were before.

Yes.

Also, if someone wrecks my tanks, could someone please obliterate the husks before Murska gets to them?

kthxbai

Fan
2009-03-22, 12:12 AM
yeah dah boyz be a fearsome force.
Good thing I know to set up plasma mines if he deploys Dah red onez, or to use moar explosives if he decides to deploy "dah blue onez.".
One the topic of your tanks, yeah that would be bad. Like Independence day letting the giant slow moving Saucers get right over your captial bad.

billtodamax
2009-03-22, 12:34 AM
Oh god I wasn't going to destroy your tanks. That would be a terrible waste! Also, airforce won't be much of a problem for me. I'm sure Tails can take down 3 seperate airforces. Can't he? CAN'T HE!?

I'm probably not even going to have many mechs. Just clever ways of taking them down. Also, will I be executed if I admit that I don't even know what game the Protoss are from? Is it Dawn of War? *Hides*

Duos
2009-03-22, 12:38 AM
Darn it! I was away and missed my slot... T.T

Oh well. I was in Belize for a week. Totally worth it.

Fan
2009-03-22, 12:40 AM
Oh god I wasn't going to destroy your tanks. That would be a terrible waste! Also, airforce won't be much of a problem for me. I'm sure Tails can take down 3 seperate airforces. Can't he? CAN'T HE!?

I'm probably not even going to have many mechs. Just clever ways of taking them down. Also, will I be executed if I admit that I don't even know what game the Protoss are from? Is it Dawn of War? *Hides*

I linked, with everything aside from the Dark Templar...
Starcraft, and Starcraft 2 is what it's from.
And, for lack of that knowledge you will be purged from the galaxy!
ENTARO TASSADAR!
:impales billtodamax:

Selrahc
2009-03-22, 05:36 AM
I'm kind of surprised that FF Fanboy's theme means he isn't going to pick a single unit from a Final Fantasy game.

Darkcomet
2009-03-22, 08:45 AM

I'm keeping my tanks away from you too.

Why do people want to steal my precious tanks?

Recaiden
2009-03-22, 09:09 AM

No. There are Orkz in WH40K: Dawn of War.
And I was wondering, could I teleport in and steal the tanks before returning to my game?

Darkcomet
2009-03-22, 09:10 AM
No. There are Orkz in WH40K: Dawn of War.
And I was wondering, could I teleport in and steal the tanks before returning to my game?

No!

My tanks!

*hides tanks*

Uncle Festy
2009-03-22, 11:50 AM
Oooh, that's my cue!
1: a grue. Do not go into the darkness. Can be killed if forced into the light.
2: Gil Wulfenbach
3: The Joker (The Dark Knight version, of course)

Dr. McNinja
Chell with Portal Gun
Yoda
A Grue
Gil Wulfenbach
The Joker from the Dark Knight

Fan
2009-03-22, 03:29 PM
I'm kind of surprised that FF Fanboy's theme means he isn't going to pick a single unit from a Final Fantasy game.

Everyone would have expected that though, and would've been terribly uncreative of me.
And it just wouldn't do to pick what my enemies are expecting after all.:smallwink:

billtodamax
2009-03-22, 04:50 PM
Guess this means I'm up for picking.
DC's Mammoth tanks
1. King Dedede
2. about 40 bobombs?
3. 200 waddle dees. The ones that don't shoot lightning from their eyes. They'll be split up into 10 groups.

1. Sonic Team
2. Captain Falcon
3. The Ilse Witch
4. King Dedede
5. 40 bobombs
6. 200 waddle dees

Darkcomet
2009-03-22, 05:34 PM
New picks!

A legion of Imperial Stormtroopers (exact number uncertain)
A Nod Redeemer (http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Redeemer) (Thanks for the idea goes to Recaiden.)
A team of Black Hand Chameleons (http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Hand_Chameleon).

Army List:

1. Darth Vader
3. Two Mammoth Tanks
4. A legion of Imperial Stormtroopers
5. A Nod Redeemer
6. A team of Black Hand Chameleons

Notes:

I'm going to need some help deciding on how many Stormtroopers. On one hand, they can't hit anything. On the other hand, they'll likely gun something down by mistake.

billtodamax
2009-03-22, 05:42 PM
Well, lets see. upwards of 300 would be too many, below 75 you wouldn't have enough. Taking into account their crappy aim, I'd say between... 150 and 250?

Darkcomet
2009-03-22, 05:45 PM
Sounds alright so far... Anyone else?

And I'm surprised no one is freaking out at the Redeemer.

billtodamax
2009-03-22, 05:51 PM
The Redeemer... *goes and looks at link.* Hmm. Interesting.:smalleek: I think I might be able to handle all of these mechs being thrown around, but it'll envolve some pick changes. Not very major ones, but they'll be there.

Darkcomet
2009-03-22, 05:58 PM
*cackles*

The giant laser on the thing is the least of your worries, methinks. :smallamused:

Dr. Bath
2009-03-22, 06:02 PM
Sounds alright so far... Anyone else?

I'd say 150 absolute maximum. A pick consisted of 150 Cliff Racers, and stormtroopers are much better than cliff racers. Really, I'd say about 100 stormtroopers. They can hit things occasionally.

Selrahc
2009-03-22, 06:04 PM
Stormtroopers=Imperial Guardsmen

Basically competent troops, with weapons that can kill someone, crippled by their status as mooks on a field of heroes. The last game had fifty guardsmen, but since I'd assume those guardsmen had a few heavy weapons and these are just bog standard storm troopers, then probably around 80 would be fair.

Recaiden
2009-03-22, 06:05 PM
New picks!
A Nod Redeemer (http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Redeemer) (Thanks for the idea goes to Recaiden.)
A team of Black Hand Chameleons (http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Hand_Chameleon).

Someone pick a MARV!

Well, your long range won't help out too much, but it'll still be pretty big.

Also, I hate Chameleons. I'll stay away from your tanks with them there.

You know, you could just give me more cliff racers.:smalltongue:

Murska
2009-03-22, 06:08 PM
Hmm. Let's see, I better start picking something more numerous soon... but not yet. :smallbiggrin:

My picks shall be, this time, Ten Kommandos of Da Redskulls, led by Snikrot, equipped with Kloak Paks and Tellyportas as well as their usual weaponry.

A Looted Hammerhead Gunship for some aerial power.

Six Ork Speedfreekz Warbikez, of course painted red and loaded with dakka.

1. Big Mek Badzappa
2. Warlord Ghazhgkull
3. Gargantuan Squiggoth
4. 10 Redskull Commandos, led by Snikrot
5. Looted Hammerhead
6. 6 Warbikez (Red)

Recaiden
2009-03-22, 06:12 PM

Basically competent troops, with weapons that can kill someone, crippled by their status as mooks on a field of heroes. The last game had fifty guardsmen, but since I'd assume those guardsmen had a few heavy weapons and these are just bog standard storm troopers, then probably around 80 would be fair.

Exactly. Although I didn't know about any heavy weapons until after the end of the game. What with the bulletproof but flammable creatures that killed them.

billtodamax
2009-03-22, 06:15 PM
I'm pretty sure that the black hand can be handled easily enough. I also already have an idea of what I'm going to pick to conteract those tanks. Just needs a bit of tweaking.

Darkcomet
2009-03-22, 06:27 PM

Seems fair enough.

Fan
2009-03-22, 06:51 PM
Since Murska did his picks I assume that means I'm up!

Picks:

A group of 15 Zealots ((The SC 2 variety.)) lead by the Protoss hero of old (time warped in for continuities sake) Adun!
The reanimated Tassadar, and his re built carrier. ((No interceptors as of yet, so I'll need them.))
Lastly, I'll have Daimoth ((Hero unit Arbiter. Didn't make it into the main story.))

List of the valorous fighters of Auir!

4. 15 zealots one of which is the Protoss hero Adun
5. Tassadar brought back to life by a True Ressurection, and a interceptorless carrier.
6. Daimoth, a Arbiter hero. Can cloak, stasis field, and recall.

Recaiden
2009-03-22, 07:00 PM
led by the Protoss hero of old Adun!
The reanimated Tassadar, and his re built carrier.
Lastly, I'll have Daimoth

Well, the first was unexpected. The second was a bit more predictable.

Murska
2009-03-22, 07:01 PM
And the third was such an useful pick that I kinda guessed it. Not to mention that everything seems to be named.

Fan
2009-03-22, 07:09 PM
I'm working off a movie trope there with the names.
the squads of units led by a Hero, or protaginist of the story always lasts longer then a squad of unnamed mooks.
Also, the arbiters ability to recall units is amazing, Although I almost nixed the stasis field, but versimilitude isn't something I can sacrifice, so I tossed it in on the off chance that paralyzing half of someones forces in a conflict MIGHT be useful.:smallwink::smalltongue:

Selrahc
2009-03-22, 07:51 PM
A Looted Hammerhead Gunship for some aerial power.

Feh! Something wrong with a good old Fighta-bomma or three?

Also, needs more Stompas.

EDIT: 25 Zealots *and* a hero? That seems a bit overpowered. Aren't zealots about as good as Space Marines?

Murska
2009-03-22, 07:59 PM
Feh! Something wrong with a good old Fighta-bomma or three?

Also, needs more Stompas.

EDIT: 25 Zealots *and* a hero? That seems a bit overpowered. Aren't zealots about as good as Space Marines?

25 zealots would utterly destroy 50 zerglings, which was the number in the first Insanowar, wasn't it?

Anyway, I'm gonna pick some Nobz sooner or later, and a couple Fighta-Bommas too, but the Hammerhead'll be more heavy fire support. Think of it as a floating weapons platform.

Recaiden
2009-03-22, 08:07 PM
How about 15 zealots? Of course, maybe I deserved more zerglings.

Rutskarn
2009-03-22, 08:43 PM
15 sounds about right.

Keep in mind that despite their "grunt" status, zealots are actually kind of hardcore. The protoss don't believe in cannon fodder.

Uncle Festy
2009-03-22, 09:17 PM
Ok, final four picks!

7: Balrog, Quote (with the Spur) and Curly Brace (with the Nemesis) from Cave Story.
8: Akroma, Angel of Wrath (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MTG_characters_(A)#Akroma.2C_Angel_of_Wrath). (and an image (http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/cardart/LGN/Akroma_Angel_of_Wrath.jpg)).
9: Rorix Bladewing (http://ww2.wizards.com/gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?&id=39859)
10: Chandra Nalaar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_characters_in_Magic:_The_Gathering:_C#Chan dra_Nalaar)

See, told you my last picks would be the most important. :smallbiggrin:

Dr. McNinja
Chell with Portal Gun
Yoda
A Grue
Gil Wulfenbach
Balrog, Quote, and Curly
Akroma
Rorix Bladewing
Chandra Nalaar

billtodamax
2009-03-22, 09:50 PM
Final picks, go!
7. Thing Thing (http://www.kongregate.com/games/Weasel/thing-thing-arena-3)
8. Indiana Jones + Symphoy orchestra to play his theme. (They won't fight, and even if they die their souls will continue play the theme. 5*louder.)
9. A few trucks with salvos of ATGMs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-tank_guided_missile) on the back.
10. one of each clone troop from Star wars:Battlefront II (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Battlefront_II) With all of the Award weapons. (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Battlefront_II#Award_Weapons) Classes are Sniper, Engineer, Heavy weapons, Trooper, The Commando sporting a minigun, a pistol and a recon droid, and the Jet Trooper carrying a recharging jetpack, an underpowered rocket launcher (No homing) and a pistol. Almost all of these troops have grenades, the heavy has mines as well, the engineer has detpacks instead (Remote mines), the sniper has a small hovering autoturret, and the commando's recon droid SDs.
Notify me if you want any changes to any of these picks. Also, sorry about the length of the last pick, I wanted to make sure you knew what I was talking about in battle.

1. Sonic Team
2. Captain Falcon
3. The Ilse Witch
4. King Dedede
5. 40 bobombs
6. 200 waddle dees
7. Thing-Thing
8. Indy + Orchestra
9. 3 ATGM trucks
10. One of each clone troop from SWBF2

Darkcomet
2009-03-23, 07:15 PM
*cracks knuckles* Here goes...

MacGuyver (No, I don't care that the other thread has him. They took Vader first!)
A squad of Orca Gunships (http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Orca_Gunship) (going to need a count here too)
A pair of Rigs (http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Rig)
Durge (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Durge)

Army List

1. Darth Vader
3. Two Mammoth Tanks
4. A legion of Imperial Stormtroopers (80)
5. A Nod Redeemer
6. A team of Black Hand Chameleons (6)
7. MacGuyver
8. A squad of Orca Gunships
9. Two Rigs
10. Durge

Rutskarn
2009-03-23, 08:56 PM
Hm. Can any of my Vigilante Judges gimme an estimate on those Orcas? I'm a StarCraft man meself.

Darkcomet
2009-03-23, 09:30 PM
Well, Recaiden or Murska should be able to comment, methinks...

But the Orcas aren't the star of the show anyways. :smallamused:

Rutskarn
2009-03-23, 09:54 PM
Of course not.

That lofty position is reserved for Mammoth Tanks.

Darkcomet
2009-03-23, 09:56 PM
Of course not.

That lofty position is reserved for Mammoth Tanks.

I have something much bigger than Mammoth Tanks, you know... *points at Redeemer*

Reinholdt
2009-03-23, 10:04 PM
I have something much bigger than Mammoth Tanks, you know... *points at Redeemer*
*looks past the Redeemer at the Mammoth Tanks on the other side*

Yeah. Those tanks have a good chance of doing something dangerous.

Darkcomet
2009-03-23, 10:06 PM
*looks past the Redeemer at the Mammoth Tanks on the other side*

Yeah. Those tanks have a good chance of doing something dangerous.

My Mammoths seem to be the new Fox. :smallconfused:

Recaiden
2009-03-23, 10:13 PM
Yeah, but the mammoths are still the star. I would say 5 of these new Orcas.

Reinholdt
2009-03-23, 10:20 PM
My Mammoths seem to be the new Fox. :smallconfused:
Hah. You wish.

Nobody saw Fox coming. I mean, the guy was an after pick for me after I ran out of ideas. Fox isn't chosen. Fox just happens. :smalltongue:

Murska
2009-03-24, 05:24 AM
Nah, four Orcas are better since that way it fits with the fact that you can only have four Orcas per airport. :smallsmile:

EDIT: For my last picks...

Three Fighta-Bommas with their Grot Launchaz and other Dakka-ish equipment.

Fourty Ork Boyz, some Slugga and some Shoota, led by a Nob with a Power Klaw and a Kustom Shoota.

Painboss Grotsnik with four Cybork bodyguards

Four Mekboyz who also bring with them two Scorchaz and two Rokkit Launchaz and some spare parts.

1. Big Mek Badzappa
2. Warlord Ghazhgkull
3. Gargantuan Squiggoth
5. Looted Hammerhead
6. 6 Warbikez (Red)
7. 3 Fighta-Bommas
8. 40 Ork Boyz led by a Nob
9. Painboss Grotsnik and 4 Cyborkz
10. 4 Mekboyz with spare parts

Fan
2009-03-24, 08:12 AM
Cool. Lotsa Dakka on Murska's end.

My last 4 choices!

Mother ship, inoperative, but repairable. Comes with the repair crew, will take awhile though. Imagine the Liberty Prime situation in the last game.

5 Reavers.

8 Protoss High Templar

3 Warp Rays ((Good against strong units as the longer it fires the more powerful it gets, but less powerful against swarms, and their ilk.))

Army list

List of the valorous fighters of Auir!
[spoiler]
5. Tassadar brought back to life by a True Ressurection, and a interceptorless carrier.
7.A group of 8 Protoss High Templar
8.5 protoss reavers
9.3 Warp rays (will link later)
10.a single inoperative, but repairable Mother Ship. ((will also link, but it can all be found on the SC2 offical site.))

Murska
2009-03-24, 08:17 AM
WHAT? Sixteen! Reavers? :smalleek:

SIXTEEN?

Rutskarn
2009-03-24, 09:29 AM
Yeah, uh, you wanna run that by us again?

16 seems pretty damn excessive, especially considering the verdict of 15 zealots.

Murska
2009-03-24, 09:30 AM
He has a hero arbiter. That's two times stasis on an enemy and then recalling SIXTEEN REAVERS into it along with whatever airforce he has, immortals, zealots... :smalleek:

If you get 16 reavers, you get no scarabs.

UncleWolf
2009-03-24, 09:57 AM
Hmm...

Can I ask for a reserve spot in the next game?

(Provided I can't get into this one that is.):smalltongue:

Fan
2009-03-24, 01:57 PM
He has a hero arbiter. That's two times stasis on an enemy and then recalling SIXTEEN REAVERS into it along with whatever airforce he has, immortals, zealots... :smalleek:

If you get 16 reavers, you get no scarabs.

I have a Carrier, and 5 phoenix's each of which is a hero, but yeah wasn't sure about the reavers due to them being slow, and having limited ammo... How many would be good?
I'd guess around 5-7 with your guys reaction.

Murska
2009-03-24, 02:00 PM
I'd say four or five reavers. And maybe only 8 high templars.

Fan
2009-03-24, 02:07 PM
Fixed.
>.>
Next time I'll be sure to do a better comparison.

Darkcomet
2009-03-24, 03:43 PM
...I don't play Starcraft much at all (I suck at it. A lot.) and even I know sixteen Reavers was excessive.

Fan
2009-03-24, 03:55 PM
I was comparing them to a properly macroed group of equal zealots. ((You send them in one at a time, and with the SC 2 type they warp in faster than the reavers can fire, and they blow themselves up.)

Darkcomet
2009-03-24, 04:09 PM
*thinks on way to prevent his precious tanks and giant robot from getting murdered as soon as I use them*

Fan
2009-03-24, 06:05 PM
Anyways, as I've made the last picks I believe that we will be getting started soon? And, DC just have your tanks self destruct upon imminent demise. Simple really. Liberty Prime had a similar directive upon Red Chinese Acquisition, so it wont be too far fetched with your omega tanks.

Darkcomet
2009-03-24, 06:57 PM
And the Redeemer.

Not to mention I have a bunch of high-tech equipment.

And MacGuyver.

Uncle Festy
2009-03-24, 07:11 PM
Yay, game start soon!
*waits*

Fan
2009-03-24, 07:11 PM
And the Redeemer.

Not to mention I have a bunch of high-tech equipment.

And MacGuyver.

MacGuyver can make a bomb out of a banana peel, some sulfur, and a gum wrapper.
Redeemer worries me though, as all my high power units come with a "Requires some assembly" tag on them.

Darkcomet
2009-03-24, 07:13 PM
*thinks for a second*

*realizes what happens if the carriers unleash Interceptors near the Redeemer*

:smallamused:

Fan
2009-03-24, 07:27 PM
The Redeemer is also vulnerable to mass attacks since it's main weapon is ill-suited to dealing with multiple targets
:smallamused:
Yes, I think that might be a problem.

Darkcomet
2009-03-24, 07:32 PM
*reminds Fan of the Rage Generator*

Even though it can't directly affect the interceptors, it'll affect the one controlling them-whoever's in the carrier.

Fan
2009-03-24, 07:39 PM
*reminds Fan of the Rage Generator*

Even though it can't directly affect the interceptors, it'll affect the one controlling them-whoever's in the carrier.

How exactly does that work by the way? Is it a chemical thing, or is it something else?

Darkcomet
2009-03-24, 07:40 PM
How exactly does that work by the way? Is it a chemical thing, or is it something else?

http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Rage_generator

This help?

Fan
2009-03-24, 07:43 PM
http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Rage_generator

This help?

So, it's like a psychic dealy?

Coolness.

billtodamax
2009-03-24, 11:49 PM
Let's get this show on the road!

Darkcomet
2009-03-25, 07:50 PM
We starting yet?

Fan
2009-03-27, 08:25 PM
Maybe Festy should just go ahead, and do his post? Please?

Darkcomet
2009-03-27, 08:50 PM
Well, someone needs to post the map and stuff first, I think... Reinholdt did it in #3.

Rutskarn
2009-03-28, 04:18 PM
Oh, crappity-crap, I just realized I need to post the map!

Well, first, let me ask you all a question:

Same map, or different one? Because I have another one y'all could use.

billtodamax
2009-03-28, 04:20 PM
Uhh, uh, uh, different one!

Darkcomet
2009-03-28, 04:21 PM
Hm. It would help differentiate from 3, especially with all the shared units...

I say go for it.

Murska
2009-03-28, 04:46 PM
Yeah, new map = good.

Darkcomet
2009-03-28, 04:54 PM
...And that's majority!

Uncle Festy
2009-03-28, 07:49 PM
Different, definitely.

Fan
2009-03-28, 08:07 PM
Agree'd. >.>

Darkcomet
2009-03-28, 08:31 PM
Also, guys:

I had an idea for a variant we could do after the current games are over.

The basic idea is that the map would have four players in corners and one in the center. The center player is the Defender, and the others have to kill him. He has access to more powerful or more numerous units (unsure which). I'm not sure if the other players would be on the same side or not, though.

billtodamax
2009-03-28, 08:45 PM
That sounds fun.
<.<
>.>
Dibs defender! I suggest more numerous units.

Darkcomet
2009-03-28, 08:48 PM
Sorry. The Defender would be random. =P

I'll count that as a reservation, though.

Murska
2009-03-28, 08:50 PM
I fear it might be difficult to balance in a game like this though, since it's pretty free-form.

Darkcomet
2009-03-28, 08:52 PM
I fear it might be difficult to balance in a game like this though, since it's pretty free-form.

Yeah, I thought it would be hard to balance too. I mentioned it to Festy in chat, and we came up with this one:

2 teams of two players and one Defender. Order: ABABD. Team A, Team B and the Defender.

Murska
2009-03-28, 08:54 PM
Well yeah, but even if the defender had more units, the goals would have to be something else than annihilation of other team since otherwise the defender would just have to attack one guy with almost all his units at a time or something.

Darkcomet
2009-03-28, 09:23 PM
*thinks*

Well, they have to kill off the Defender too. If he did that, then it's likely that someone would take advantage of that and blow up his undefended base/tower/whatever.

Rutskarn
2009-03-28, 11:36 PM
Hang tight, the new map will occupy this space in a few minutes.

EDIT: Here we go.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/9882/insanowarmap2.jpg

INSANOWAR MAP 2: SOULWELL

Differences between Soulwell and Generic:

1.) The center is only about 1.5 turns away from the front of the base.

2.) Instead of an ordinary front gate, there's a tower complete with murder holes, iron doors and crenelations. At the top of each tower is a Soulshard.

3.) In the center of the map (which is sloped slightly downwards, indicated by the fading edges) is the titular Soulwell. The Soulwell has a ritual associated with it; said ritual has the power to bring back the life of a single teammate when completed.

The ritual goes as follows:

a.) The team in question must first acquire two Soulshards. They may take their own Soulshard freely, but to get at an enemy Soulshard they must first destroy the front gate attached to the tower in question.

A Soulshard may only be picked up by someone who has scored a kill (robots and such count). Once picked up, it is bound to that person permanently--if the bearer dies, or is otherwise separated from the stone, it becomes inert and useless (unless somehow recovered by the person bound to it).

b.) Once these two Soulshards are acquired, they must be brought to the Soulwell and placed on a dais in the center. At this point, the desired individual comes back to life, and all remaining Soulshards are destroyed.

This ritual should, if at all possible, come at the most epic of times.

4.) Flavor-wise, this map is jungle, and the random scattered cover is the broken-down pillars and ruins of some forgotten civilization.

Otherwise, the map is more or less bog standard.

billtodamax
2009-03-28, 11:53 PM
Yay, new map! Then festy can post his first move, and then... I get to go!
*runs around like a four year old, giggling and screaming*

Edit: Hmmm. Forest plus Mechs=Limited mobility OR no more forest. This could turn out better than I expected.

Darkcomet
2009-03-29, 12:34 PM
Hm...

*glances at forest/jungle*

*glances at Mammoth Tanks/Redeemer and any other giant things the other players have*

I don't think that forest is going to last very long, guys.

Murska
2009-03-29, 01:14 PM
Forest? What forest? Now where's my skorchaz... :smallbiggrin:

Rutskarn
2009-03-29, 02:18 PM
Concerning the jungle:

It's fairly sparse towards the center, and there are wide paths leading to the Well from each gate.

Uncle Festy
2009-03-29, 06:01 PM
Gil Wulfenbach stands at the top of the base's inner tower, the rest of his army assembled in front of him. Various bits of scrap metal litter his working table, and Gil seems to be subconsciously fidgeting with some screws and a piece of scrap metal. "Alright, team. We've got the initiative here. We can do whatever we want now, and do it before anyone else arrives. So here's what we're going to do –"
"Do or do not?" asks Yoda.
"Save the Mimigas?" asks Curly.
"Light those rabbity things over there on fire?" asks Chandra. Curly glares at the pyromancer. "What?"
"Nonono," says Gil. "We're going to set up our defenses!"
The entire army stares at Gil –*except for the Joker, who's playing with his knife.
"We've got first strike opportunity – and we're spending it setting up defenses?" says Dr. Mcninja. "You've got to be kidding me."
"Look," says Gil. "I've got the orders from Up High, so hop to it! Chandra, Joker, McNinja, you three go and set up some traps at the entrance. Chell, get behind the parapet and prepare to move troops around. Rorix, Akroma, guard the base. Grue… just don't eat anyone on our team. Everyone else, set up a perimeter around the gate. Now move out!"

Army List
Dr. McNinja
Chell with Portal Gun
Yoda
A Grue
Gil Wulfenbach
Balrog, Quote, and Curly
Akroma
Rorix Bladewing
Chandra Nalaar

billtodamax
2009-03-30, 12:59 AM
The Ilse witch surveyed her troops.
Alright everyone, you have your jobs. Get to it.

The orchestra started up Indy's theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVNNhBtBbOs)

The witch turned her back to them all as she went down to the lower levels of the base. With her went Thing-Thing, and 2 squads of waddle dees. The bob-ombs went into storage, at the back of the room.
The sniper, jet trooper and heavy trooper went out side and Where the jet trooper dropped the two on the roof before dropping back to the safety of the base, which he went back into. Captain falcon and the rest of the waddle dees waited.

Grianne Ohmsford sat alone, distanced from Thing thing and his honour guard, quietly humming. Meanwhile outside, the gate opened for a fraction of a second then closed once again, with only a whisp of wind to indicate anything passing. However this would be hard too notice, as the roar of B-52 bombers was heard from inside the gates, eventually followed by the bombers themselves. They held formation over the base. There was something odd about them. They seemed to be not all there...

((For anyone confused, these bombers are illusions created by The Ilse Witch. There's also a minor cloaking illusion over what passed through the gate. By my reckoning, she's humming in minor sixths.))

The sniper sat with his friend on the roof.
You ready?
Yeah.
He raised his gun and got the angel in his sights, while the Heavy trooper fired his remote missle. It snaked through the air, weaving between trees, untili finally it pulled upwards from the trees and came screaming towards Rorix. The great dragon saw it coming and flipped out of it's way as it came around for another pass. It hummed towards Bladewing with deadly accuracy, intent on the kill. Rorix again tried to dodge, and almost got out of the way as the missle slammed into his tail. The sniper had got his aim right on Akroma, when the fiercest of roars echoed through the jungle. He fired, missing Akroma by inches as she was startled by Rorix.
Damn, missed.
I got my target.
Yeah, on the tail.
Hey it was hard to hit.
It was hard to hit? My target was tiny...

Casualties

Rorix Bladewing has been injured on the tail, but he is still capable of fight and flight.

Army List

1. Sonic Team
2. Captain Falcon
3. The Ilse Witch
4. King Dedede
5. 40 bobombs
6. 200 waddle dees
7. Thing-Thing
8. Indy + Orchestra
9. 3 ATGM trucks
10. One of each clone troop from SWBF2

Darkcomet
2009-03-30, 06:21 PM
And so it begins...

Inside, the Redeemer towers above all, flanked by the pair of Mammoth Tanks. The Stormtroopers are in formation behind the heavy armor.

Lord Vader and the Cleric are nowhere to be seen, nor are the Chameleons. Naturally.

The squad of four Orcas sits in the hangar, ready for launch.

The Rigs exit and deploy outside the base, becoming Battle Bases (http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_Base). Their turrets threaten anything on the ground, and their anti-air missiles scoff at aerial threats.

Durge exits the base and enters the forest in the direction of Billtodamax's base. The exit stays open longer than it should, though...

Army List

Darth Vader-?
A DnD healmonkey cleric-?
Two Mammoth Tanks
A legion of Imperial Stormtroopers (80)
A Nod Redeemer
A team of Black Hand Chameleons (6)
MacGuyver
A squad of Orca Gunships (4)
Two Battle Bases
Durge

Uncle Festy
2009-03-30, 07:19 PM
<.<
>.>
Technically, when I said "guard the base", I meant the actual base, not the gate. Therefore, Akroma and Rorix should both have been inside.
Everyone not mentioned was outside however.
Eh. I'll roll with it.

Rutskarn
2009-03-30, 07:36 PM
Oh, yeah.

In case it's important: the bases are assigned in turn order, with Uncle Festy taking the top one, bill taking the one directly to the right, etc, etc.

Recaiden
2009-03-30, 10:10 PM
Can we take his mammoth tanks now?
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm316/RockShade/Daja.pnghttp://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm316/RockShade/Mastermind.png

I like the new map, by the way.

Darkcomet
2009-03-31, 06:50 AM
The Redeemer says no.

*Redeemer stomps thieves* :smalltongue:

Murska
2009-03-31, 07:53 AM
A large mass of boyz of different kinds have gathered near the tower. From a quickly constructed pedestal, Ghazhgkull speaks to his forces. 'Roight, boyz! We've bin brought 'ere ter show theyz wussiss ova der 'ow ter du a propa WAAAGH!!! (Waaagh!!!) What I've herd, this'll be a reeel gud scrap, wif fyr mobz o' uumies and otha stuf ter stomp. So let'z git ter it! Furst fing, git da WAAAGH(WAAAGH!!!) bannaz up!'
Some of the mekboyz go along with some ladz and start quickly erecting a massive WAAAGH!!! banner made out of mostly wood, scrap and other sufficiently orky equipment. Meanwhile, the kommandoes get given their tasks and they go to the gate tower. Many more orkz start to orkify the tower and the gate but soon find out that they're low on red paint, skulls and bones.

Meanwhile, Ghazhgkull, Badzappa, Snikrot and Grotsnik are having a strategy discussion, consisting mostly of Snikrot trying to convince the others that rushing to the middle and stomping everyone in their path isn't a good idea. Ghazhgkull supports him and finally gets the others in line. 'We'll stomp dem wun atz a time, see? All sneaky like.'
Snikrot joins his kommandoes, Grotsnik takes over a room and sets up a Painboss laboratory, feared by the most powerful of orkz. Badzappa takes command over the mekboyz and sets out to improve their weaponry. The boyz set up around the tower with some heavy weaponry from the meks, some of them go to the gate tower aswell and orkify it the best they can while setting up a lot of dakka to be unleashed on anyone approaching. They grumble over the decision not to attack but everyone fears Ghazhgkull enough to not dare move.

Ghazhgkull promotes the boss of the Hammerhead crew to the position of the Speed Freekz boss, and gives him command over the warbikez and the fighta-bommas along with the Hammerhead. Then he goes gaze at the magnificent weaponry atop the Squiggoth, which is being taken care of by it's crew.

1. Big Mek Badzappa
2. Warlord Ghazhgkull
3. Gargantuan Squiggoth
5. Looted Hammerhead
6. 6 Warbikez (Red)
7. 3 Fighta-Bommas

Fan
2009-03-31, 03:00 PM
The Protoss generals gathered into the great room. Each a seasoned warrior of a thousand battles, and each a master of their respective methods of combat.
Today they discussed what had long been a issue in Protoss civilization, and what had become a requirement with the encroaching zerg forces. This, was no different. The protoss generals sat down at the round table one by one as the head of this war party prattled off todays agenda, and the meeting began with Adun's speech,
"Entaro Brothers. I'am glad to see that we have all made it through the perils of the warp safely. We all know what we're here for, and that we must eliminate the majority of enemy forces or render them unable to defeat us in even the most aggressive warfare. First I ask that Zeratul take his group of dark templars to scout out the surrouding areas. Secondly I would like for Artainis to form up a air perimeter as our radar had shown that missiles have already been launched, and a confirmed hit had been made on a organic target . Lastly I would like Tassadar to begin production of his Interceptors, and the mother ship begin being repaired. The rest of you get the shields up on those gates, and the perimeter locked. We go on the offensive after we see what they have. Don't want to be walking into a death trap after all."

Actions:

Began production of interceptors for Tassadars carrier.
Sent out Dark templar scouts to look for spies sappin mah sentries.
Began repairs on the mother ship.
Got up gate shields. ((We're protoss everything has shields with us. Even our re hashed industrial technology.))

Army list:

8.5 protoss reavers
10.a single inoperative, but repairable Mother Ship. ((will also link, but it can all be found on the SC2 offical site.)

Darkcomet
2009-03-31, 08:45 PM
*cue maniacal laughter*

Behold, the Redeemer!

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm316/RockShade/RedeemerBig.png
And a smaller one.
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm316/RockShade/Redeemer.png

Still paying more attention to the Mammoths, guys? :smallamused:

((Thanks to Recaiden.))

Uncle Festy
2009-03-31, 08:55 PM
((My turn again I think.))
As soon as the missile is gone, Akroma flies back to the gate, shouting, "We're under attack! Everyone inside!" She ushers in the other defenders as they run inside. She follows them in, only to be stopped by Chandra.
"Alright, can I go attack now?" asks the pyromancer.
"What? Why?"
"I finished my job, so now I wanna go burn stuff!"
"Look," says Akroma, glaring at Nalaar, "no one is burning anyone!"
"Really? Then what's Rorix doing?"
Akroma spins around and dashes out the gate, to see Rorix flying straight towards Billtoadmax's base. "Well that can't be good."

Bandaging a dragon's tail is no easy task, and having the dragon be flying doesn't make things easier – but it's still no problem for Dr. McNinja. Rorix, the dragon in question, flies straight at the Sniper and Heavy on the roof. "Hey, buddy?" says the Heavy.
"Yeah?" replies the Sniper.
"Is there any reason that my big target would be getting bigger?"
"What – GAH!" shouts the sniper, ducking behind the battlements just as Rorix blasts the tower with fire. The stone-and-steel structure is unharmed, but the same can't be said about the Heavy, now a charred corpse.
Rorix lands a ways outside of Billtoadmax's base, crushing a few trees in the process. "That'll show them."
"Hey, mind staying still for a second longer so I can finish bandaging you up?" asks the Doctor.
"Yes, I would."

Casualties:
The Heavy Trooper (awesome game by the way)

Army List and Location:
Dr. McNinja - bandaging Rorix's tail
Chell with Portal Gun - on top of the battlements
Yoda - just inside the base
A Grue - wherever it is dark
Gil Wulfenbach - in the base proper, finishing his deathray and starting on some turrets
The Joker from the Dark Knight - inside the gateway, setting up a few more tripwire bombs
Balrog, Quote, and Curly - all just inside the base
Akroma - just inside the base
Rorix Bladewing - outside Billtoadmax's base
Chandra Nalaar - just inside the base

Rutskarn
2009-04-01, 12:24 AM
ATTENTION: IMPORTANT ANNOUCEMENT.

For April 1st only, you may add one of the following to your army list:

1.) 100 sheep
2.) Admiral Ackbar
3.) A tractor with spikes on the front
4.) A single zombie with a phonograph instead of a head.
5.) Vatsy and Bruno
6.) A box of superballs
7.) Jackson Pollock
8.) A wagon full of Chex Mix
9.) A 20-megaton nuclear warhead....with lead instead of uranium inside.
10.) The characters from "Leave it to Beaver"

billtodamax
2009-04-01, 12:37 AM
Heavy! Alright then mister ninja, He brought up his gun.
This one's for Heavy. He got Dr. Mcninja in his sights, aimed dead at the heart and fired. Dr. Mcninja, started falling fowards, then disappeared.
What the, he-Gurk! Said the sniper as he was stabbed through the back by the dying Mcninja, who then fell on top of him, dead.

Meanwhile

The Ilse witch grimaced slightly. She sent a message to a certain someone on the battlefield
Large Alien, heading straight for us, cut it off.
Okay She then sent another message, back up into the base.
Take out the dragon.
You got it.

Captain falcon started running up the stairs, to reach the top and outside of the base next turn.

On the battlefield
The gust of wind powered through the air towards Durge. It hit him in the chest with a burst of blue light and a cry of:
You're too slow!
It continued to attack Durge from the side, battering the Gen'dai backwards. The Gen'dai, looked around, wondering where his invisible foe had gone. It seemed to have gone as fast as it ca- Another attack was launched on Durge, knocking him to ground from behind. His attacker quickly disappeared again.

Back in the base

So, there's an ancient aritfact inside these temples bases. Let's go. Indy ran out of the doors of the base, going through the gates, running towards FF Fanboy's base.

On top of the tower

King dedede stepped out onto the roof of the tower, where the hundred sheep were standing around. He pulled out his hammer, put all of the sheep on the ground infront of him (somehow), and sent them flying towards Murska's base They hit the gates at the same time, sending a large crack though the gate. It held up for a minute, but when the sheep started eating the grass holding it up, it collapsed.

Stuff happening:

An invisible Sonic is constantly knocking Durge over, preventing him from reaching my base.
Captain falcon is climbing the many stairs to reach the top of the base.
Bandaging on Rorix's tail stopped, due to the death of Mister Mcninja.
100 sheep are eating grass outside of Murska's base.
Casualties:

Dr. Mcninja
Sniper trooper
Murska's gate

Army list:

1. Sonic Team
2. Captain Falcon
3. The Ilse Witch
4. King Dedede
5. 40 bobombs
6. 200 waddle dees
7. Thing-Thing
8. Indy + Orchestra
9. 3 ATGM trucks
10. One of each clone troop from SWBF2 minus heavy and sniper
11. 100 temporary sheep

Fin
2009-04-01, 02:39 AM
Oooh! First blood to Uncle Festy!

Murska
2009-04-01, 04:51 AM
My... gate... my beautiful just-orkified GATE! GRAAAAH!

WAAAGH!!!

Darkcomet
2009-04-01, 06:34 AM
:amused:

Admiral Ackbar watches through binoculars from Darkcomet's base as Sonic attacks Durge.

http://downlode.org/Creative/Writing/Notebook/Illustrations/itsatrap.jpg

A laser erupts from nowhere and hits Sonic, setting the blue hedgehog aflame. The origin is soon clear as the Black Hand Chameleon who fired the shot decloaks for a second before disappearing once more, content with watching Sonic burn to death.

Durge, freed from Sonic's assault, spots Indy running out of Billtodamax's base. He doesn't pursue, for whatever reason, instead continuing to the base.

Then several clicking noises come from Billtodamax's gate.

Then beeping.

Durge watches impassively as the gate is laden with C4.

The C4 detonates.

Billtodamax's gate/tower collapses from the stealth assault by the Black Hand. The soulshard is taken from the wreckage by the lucky Chameleon who took down Sonic. The stealth trooper retreats back towards Darkcomet's base.

Durge, meanwhile, runs into Billtodamax's base. Who knows what the other five Chameleons are doing?

Casualties

Sonic
Billtodamax's gate
Captain Falcon as he was inside the gate/tower
King Dedede as he was on the roof

Army List

Darth Vader-?
Two Mammoth Tanks
A Nod Redeemer
A team of Black Hand Chameleons (6), ONE WITH SOULSHARD
MacGuyver
Two Battle Bases
Durge

And here you said the Chameleons weren't a problem.

((If I made a mistake, let me know.))

Murska
2009-04-01, 08:42 AM
"WHAT? Dem gitz went an BLEW UP OUR GATE? Jus' as weeb ad 'nd finished makin' it orky! This calls fer sum stompin'!
"

The orkz array to protect their tower while the Mekz take a nuclear warhead filled with lead along with some scrap metal and the gate ruins and hastily erect a new gate, less sturdy than the last, using the cherished ork traditions. It's now very spiky, red and carved and if a sane architect sees it, he'll probably claw out his eyes in horror. Most people will just wonder how it keeps standing.

Meanwhile, the Kommandos outside notice the Chameleon killing Sonic and taking the shard. 'Look 'ere boyz, this one'z per-tty gud. Got sumthing shiny, too... erk-snorggg... Let'z stomp 'im!'

Two Kommandos jump up and fill the Chameleon with metal slugs, pieces of rock and other assorted projectiles. They get to him and loot his body. 'Look, this in't shiny at awl anymore. Wot a lousy fing. But at least ee gots a neat shoota. Me'm claimin' dat fer Snikrot! Sumone brin' dem lil bitz ter da Meks.'

The Kommandos melt back into the jungle.

Casualties: One Chameleon

Army list: Murska:

1. Big Mek Badzappa
2. Warlord Ghazhgkull
3. Gargantuan Squiggoth
5. Looted Hammerhead
6. 6 Warbikez (Red)
7. 3 Fighta-Bommas

Fan
2009-04-01, 11:16 AM
The aged protoss warrior Adun, surveys the carnage that has engulfed this once peaceful land. Such violence, and all in the name of violence. Such was the nature of war.
As he sat there on his throne of crystal a small messenger probe approached him showing him that a intruder was approaching the base, a older terran from the looks of things, with a whip and a pistol... such odd weapons these terrans choose. Adun sent the messenger drone back with a simple order for the dark templars, and Zeratul to go capture this older terran. He had found that the older terrans were more prone to reasoning than the brash younger ones.

A small display come up on Zeratul's own cloaked messenger drone, a blue holo screen appearing before him. He took a brief second to read it over before gesturing silently to the other templar each nodding in tern to the other before moving out, the only signs of their movement being the slightest disturbance of the air. The templar found the older Indy with realative ease, encircling him and using a makeshift disruption web launcher immobilized Indy until they slapped him into a set of stasis chains ((see the stasis prison that the Matriarch Rakzshagal was kept in.)), and hauling him back to base.

Meanwhile, back at the base preperations were being made, so far no body had come their way, but it was likely to happen soon with the amount of surrounding carnage. The reavers were put into position around the gate, and Artainis established a solid perimeter in the air. Lord knows where Daimoth's run off to, but he took the Immortals with him.

Things happening

Captured Indy has been taken to mah base, in stasis chains. Once DC post his reaction I'll do some friendly chatter.
Perimeter has been set, radar up in full capacity, and a aerial perimeter has been set up. Shields at 75% capacity on the gate.
Daimoth ran off with some immortals to go do things next turn.

8.5 protoss reavers
10.a single inoperative, but repairable Mother Ship.

billtodamax
2009-04-01, 03:39 PM
Well, sonic was still invisible, but sure, whatever, and I picked indy FF.

Fan
2009-04-01, 03:46 PM
Well, sonic was still invisible, but sure, whatever, and I picked indy FF.

Ah, my mistake. well, then I captured Billtodamax's Indiana Jones while he was sappin mah sentries.

Darkcomet
2009-04-01, 03:51 PM
Well, Sonic was fairly easy to hit anyway. He was right next to Durge, who wouldn't really be hurt much if he got hit. 'tis Durge, and I imagine Billtodamax knows it, which is likely why he had Sonic stun him rather than sending someone more lethal at him.

Alas, poor Soulshard Chameleon. I knew ye well. Well, at least no one else got the Soulshard he took, and now they never will.

Also, Murska lies again! Can't say I'm surprised, though. Not one bit.

Uncle Festy
2009-04-01, 06:09 PM
Heavy! Alright then mister ninja, He brought up his gun.
This one's for Heavy. He got Dr. Mcninja in his sights, aimed dead at the heart and fired. Dr. Mcninja, started falling fowards, then disappeared.
What the, he-Gurk! Said the sniper as he was stabbed through the back by the dying Mcninja, who then fell on top of him, dead.

So.
Um.
Remind me how the heck a single, nameless sniper took out the goddamn Batman Dr. McNinja? :smallconfused:

Darkcomet
2009-04-01, 07:44 PM
So.
Um.
Remind me how the heck a single, nameless sniper took out the goddamn Batman Dr. McNinja? :smallconfused:

I think I made him pay enough for it. :smallamused:

So, who saw that coming? The thing with the Chameleons, I mean.

billtodamax
2009-04-02, 12:10 AM
If you'd like me to change it I would. and he totally has had a name, his mother called him sniper. Wait, clone. He probably has a special number of some sort.

Fan
2009-04-02, 05:32 AM
If you'd like me to change it I would. and he totally has had a name, his mother called him sniper. Wait, clone. He probably has a special number of some sort.

You could say that he is one of the 501st Brigade. I mean they brought down ALOT of Jedi Masters, and participated in the raid of the Jedi Temple on Corusant. / what I think is a helpful piece of advice.

billtodamax
2009-04-02, 05:43 AM
That would fit in with the story of the game as well, if Uncle Festy's okay with that.

Uncle Festy
2009-04-02, 06:33 AM
Well yes fine. It probably makes sense for the mooks to be more powerful, since each of them is about equal with a Jedi (according to Rutskarn's original pick).
But!
That entirely misses the point. See, Dr. McNinja was my first pick. All of it. The Sniper was 1/5th of your last pick. I dunno, it just doesn't seem balanced for them to trade.
Hey, Rutskarn? Can we get your opinion on this?

Darkcomet
2009-04-02, 06:36 AM
Well yes fine. It probably makes sense for the mooks to be more powerful, since each of them is about equal with a Jedi (according to Rutskarn's original pick).
But!
That entirely misses the point. See, Dr. McNinja was my first pick. All of it. The Sniper was 1/5th of your last pick. I dunno, it just doesn't seem balanced for them to trade.

Well, by that logic I shouldn't have been able to kill Sonic, Dedede, and Falcon with just the Black Hand Chameleons...

Fan
2009-04-02, 06:45 AM
But!

Actually I was thinking about this shortly after I posted what I did.
It does seem kind of imbalanced for something that is 1/5th a pick to take down something that is a whole pick by itself. It would be like a single soldier taking down the Redeemer. It would have to be incredibly epic, and from the way it was written it was a fairly staple kill with little more than a single shot to take him down. Maybe it was a simply low power pick? All I know is that as far as numbers go there may have been a atrophy of fairness, as I would say that a Jedi couldn't take Batman, or Dr.Mcninja, and the game usually had each Jedi killing about 5 storm troopers of any class before dieing, and thats with a hard core mega PC stepping in to slice them.

Darkcomet
2009-04-02, 06:51 AM
Well, my Stormtroopers are of the Stormtrooper Effect variety.

So, no, they are not as powerful as 80 SWBF2 Stormtroopers.

Fan
2009-04-02, 07:00 AM
So, you mean the effect of Obi wans statement of "Only Storm troopers are that precise", or the fact that these slightly power armored individuals are prone to dieing from a short fall?:smalltongue:

Selrahc
2009-04-02, 08:13 AM
The value in picks like Doctor McNinja is in their ability to get into places and attack targets that brute force couldn't get to. I think Reinholdt exemplified that in the first game when the Doc assassinated Agatha Heterodyne, far behind enemy lines, and prevented a bunch of sparky goodness I had planned for later on in the game.

By leaving doctor McNinja out in the open field, you left him vulnerable. If you pick someone who is not much more durable than a normal human, don't be surprised if they die easily.

If it's about them killing a character who you wanted to have some fun describing, then I'd suggest you hide stuff that you have plans or storyline ideas for. Send the boring/hard to write good material for stuff out into the field first.

Murska
2009-04-02, 10:52 AM
Also, Murska lies again! Can't say I'm surprised, though. Not one bit.

Sorry, but I can't allow you to take the Soulshard. After all, I have plans for the Well... :smallamused:

Uncle Festy
2009-04-02, 05:33 PM
@Selrahc: Well, yes, except this isn't just a ninja. This is Dr. McNinja! He can dodge bullets (http://drmcninja.com/page.php?pageNum=44&issue=5)! He can run on walls (http://drmcninja.com/page.php?pageNum=29&issue=5)! He can come back from near death (http://drmcninja.com/page.php?pageNum=42&issue=4)! He can –
…
Hm. You know what? Never mind. :smallamused:

billtodamax
2009-04-02, 05:45 PM
Smug smiley face means bad! What's going to happen!

Recaiden
2009-04-02, 06:16 PM
Well, by that logic I shouldn't have been able to kill Sonic, Dedede, and Falcon with just the Black Hand Chameleons...

And charlie wouldn't be killed by 1/10 of the infiltrator force. But these things happen.

Uncle Festy
2009-04-02, 09:19 PM
Rorix flexes his wings. "Thank the gods that annoying guy is gone." He's about to leap at Billtoadmax's base when an orange circle appears on the ground next to him.
Chandra climbs out, shaking her head at the change in orientation. "Alright, burnination time!"
"Huzzah!" cries Balrog, leaping out of the hole, followed by Vatsy and Bruno.
Chandra summons a pair of Fire Elementals and vaults onto Rorix's back, who flies over the base. The two begin raining firey death from above, Chandra being pretty much protected from enemy weapons by the dragon's bulk.
Meanwhile, Balrog charges into the base, leading Vatsy, Bruno, and the Fire Elementals. Balrog leaps at Tails, who spins up and out of the way. Balrog, however, flexes his little-used wings and flies after Tails, crushing the surprised fox to the ground.
The Fire Elementals plow through a bunch of waddle-dees, before running into a bob-omb – with predictable results. And Chandra and Rorix continue sending fire EVERYWHERE.
Vatsy pads over to the Jet Trooper. "Excuse me, sir? Could you give me your perspective on the battle?" The Trooper raises an eyebrow under his helmet before shooting Vatsy in the head.
Bruno doesn't seem to notice his employer's death, as he's chasing Knuckles. The powerful echidna dashes over the rubble of the gate, only to feel a sword run through his gut. "the… hell?" he manages to croak out.
Dr. McNinja grins through the pain. "It was only a… flesh wound." Pulling out his sword, he limps back to the portal. "Friggin'…*sniper…" he mutters, before stepping through the orange circle. The portal closes behind him.

Casualties
About 60 waddle-dees
Two bob-ombs
Tails is now injured.
Dr. McNinja is alive, but badly damaged.
Rorix has been shot at a bit. He doesn't seem to notice though.
Knuckles is dead.
Chandra has now spent about half her available mana (if she runs out, she'll need to spend time recharging.
Vatsy took a laser blast to the head.

Army
Dr. McNinja - recovering from injuries at the base
Yoda - just inside the base
Gil Wulfenbach - in the base proper, working on turrets
The Joker from the Dark Knight - just inside the base
Balrog, Quote, and Curly - on top of tails/inside the base/inside the base
Akroma - just inside the base
Rorix Bladewing - flying over Billtodamax's base
Chandra Nalaar - On Rorix's back
Bruno – at the entrance to Billtodamax's base

Darkcomet
2009-04-02, 09:36 PM

Billtodamax's base is becoming our playground...

I mean, Durge is in there, and the Chameleons were last seen there.

And now there's a dragon flying overhead...

billtodamax
2009-04-03, 12:52 AM
Underground level

The Ilse witches eye snapped open. A calculating look was on her features. She dissmissed the illusions of bombers hanging around the base, as Rorix didn't even seem to notice them :smallannoyed:. She got in contact with those currently on the battlefield.
Do not allow tails to die.
Got it.
Got it.
She turned to point at Thing Thing.
You, take out the dragon and the mage.
Thing thing nodded.
He drove a truck out into the open area around the base and aimed it's missle launchers. He climbed up to the launcher and nodded to the waddle dee that had taken his place at the launch commands. It fired off a missle towards the dragon. Rorix easily rolled out of the way.
"Hah, is that all you've got?" Unfortunately, neither him, nor Chandra was watching the missle as it passed them. They would have seen the shape detatch itself from the missle. They would have seen It freefall towards them. They would have seen it pull out a pair of beretta's. They would have seen it fire. The shots hit Chandra in the head and back, ending her life. Thing thing proceeded to land on the dragon and take out a laser rifle, shooting into the beast continously.

Ground floor

The two clones nodded to each other and ran towards Balrog. They stopped, and the clone trooper and clone commando turned their devastating weapons onto the strange creature. The clone trooper pulled out one of his grenades and threw it at Balrog, where it stuck. It blew him apart.
Got him. They dragged tails out from under Balrog's body and sent him down the lift to the Ilse witch. Yellow screams could be heard a moment later. The jet trooper flew up to the top of the base to retrieve some... things. He flew down after gathering them.

Under ground level.

Grianne concentrated, humming softly. There were STILL intruders in her base. She found the source of her annoyance. A grin spread across her face. This could turn out better than she expected. But first. She concentrated harder, searching her base. She knew something had destroyed her tower. She would find it. If she locates any she'll cause their own stealth suits to strangle them, then break their minds for good measure ((any chameleons in my base are going to be killed by her)).She then sought Durge's and Bruno's minds, and sent them to the same part of the base with a little coercion, bypassing all of the witches allies. As the lift lowered itself next to her she grabbed tails, and took him over the otherside of the room, with waddle dees guarding lifts and stairs. She weaves her magic into him, around him, softly at first, thee she seizes what she can use. She twists his body, turning him into the perfect killing machine. Hands into claws, feet into talons, enlarged muscles, even changing his nature. He screams all the way through the procedure, terrible, animal screams.

That darned Fanboy's base.

So, just what are you guys? Indy asked while the orchestra's music played through the entire base. In fact they were running across the battlefield right now to get to the base, where they could be appreciated by an audience which wasn't on three different sides.

Stuff happening:
The Ilse Witch is turning Tails into a caull
Thing-thing is attacking Rorix from his back
Durge and Bruno are now at the same part of my base.
Indy's orchestra is running across the open battlefield to reach indy and fan's base, while playing.

Casualties:

Balrog
Chandra Nalaar
any black hand DC had in my base.
Tails' innocence

Army list:

1. Tails - Bottom floor
3. The Ilse Witch - Bottom floor
5. 39 bobombs - Scattered throughout
6. ~140 waddle dees - see above
7. Thing-Thing - on Rorix's back
8. Indy + Orchestra - Fanboy's base/ running across the field towards fanboy's base
9. 3 ATGM trucks - outside/inside/inside
10. One of each clone troop from SWBF2 minus heavy and sniper - mostly ground floor

Darkcomet
2009-04-03, 06:43 AM
No Chameleon corpses turn up in Billtodamax's base.

Meanwhile, Durge wonders why the hell he's somewhere else now. No matter. Durge brutally slams Bruno to the ground, otherwise ignoring him. He retreats back to his original position, smirking as he sees Thing Thing on Rorix in the air.

Then he sees them.

Clones...

And Durge HATES clones.

Durge glares at the Clone Trooper and Clone Commando from under the armor.

Is that...

Oh hell, it's Durge!

The trooper opens fire on Durge, to no avail. Wouldn't do much even without his armor. Durge pulls a blaster pistol and shoots the Commando in the head, killing him.

Durge proceeds to rush the remaining Clone Trooper, and uses a wrist-mounted flamethrower to turn up the heat in the clone's armor. Good thing that armor's there, or this wouldn't be pretty. At all. Except maybe to the clone-hating Durge.

Meanwhile, the Chameleons, who remained outside the base, silently observe, then see the ATGM truck exit. A laser bursts forth from nowhere yet again, entering the inside of the truck and killing the Waddle Dee driving it.

Said truck is promptly stolen by the guilty Chameleon. A missile barrage is launched at Rorix Bladewing and Thing Thing, which is just too much for the dragon to dodge. A missile hits one of the dragon's wings, then another hits his underside. Rorix flips in midair, dropping Thing Thing, then falls to the ground, crushing him.

The Chameleon would be smirking, if you could see him. Of course, he also sees the risk of his positon, and climbs out of the truck. He moves a fair distance away, then fires his laser rifle at the remaining missiles, destroying them, and the whole truck, in a rather nice explosion.

Casualties

One Waddle Dee driving an ATGM truck
Rorix Bladewing
Thing Thing
The Clone Trooper and Clone Commando
One ATGM truck
Bruno is knocked out

Army List

Darth Vader-?
Two Mammoth Tanks
A Nod Redeemer
A team of Black Hand Chameleons (5)
MacGuyver
Two Battle Bases
Durge-In Billtodamax's base

billtodamax
2009-04-03, 07:31 AM
I was hoping durge would occupy more of his time with Bruno, but I couldn't realistically expect him to not take down clone troopers. Also, Is it just me, or have I taken alot more losses than everyone? It's probably the whole "Using my base as a battleground" thing. I might need to get out of my base soon.

Fan
2009-04-03, 07:37 AM
Don't worry Bill I plan to give you time to evac next turn, I don't capture units for no reason after all.:smalltongue:

Murska
2009-04-03, 09:48 AM
The Orkz bring the stuff they got from the Chameleon's corpse to Badzappa, who tinkers with them a bit. After a while, the Tau technology of the Hammerhead has been mixed with the NOD technology of the Chameleon's equipment, resulting in a Cloaked Hammerhead. It consumes energy, though, and the Orkz don't like not having full power usable for weaponry, so they turn it off every time it attacks.

The other Meks are having fun with all the scrap metal, lead, electronics and other stuff lying around and building Kustom Shootas for the Boyz along with some other equipment. The Speek Freekz are modifying their Warbikes and the Fighta-Bommas are readying the Grot Bombs.

The Squiggoth seems restless, it's Zzappa Gun swaying around as it moves around. All the Orkz seem anxious for some real action. And Grotsnik has hatched a plan which will provide them with some. The Kommandos have taken some explosives, helped by some Meks and the Cyborks, and are doing something in the base...

Results: Various things augmented, most notably my Hammerhead is now cloaked.

Army List:

1. Big Mek Badzappa
2. Warlord Ghazhgkull
3. Gargantuan Squiggoth
5. Looted Hammerhead (Cloaked)
6. 6 Warbikez (Red)
7. 3 Fighta-Bommas

Uncle Festy
2009-04-03, 03:08 PM
*mourns for Rorix Bladewing*

Also, Is it just me, or have I taken alot more losses than everyone? It's probably the whole "Using my base as a battleground" thing. I might need to get out of my base soon.

Well, to be fair, you shouldn't have attacked me (or, more specifically, Rorix the aggressive, temperamental dragon) if you didn't want to be counterattacked. :smallamused:

Fan
2009-04-03, 03:14 PM
At my Base:
Adun walked into the room where Indy was held in stasis chains, and deactivated them with a simple push of a button.

Indy collapsed to the floor unceremoniously, and picked his hat back up after a brief moment of disorientation he picked up hit hat and put it on.

Adun looked over the older Terran, this one had a look in his eyes similar to that of Raynor, ambitious and determined, the look of a man on a mission, or someone with a purpose.
" Entaro Terran, We are the Protoss. Gaurdians of Auir, and the most advanced civilization in the galaxy. We have come here with simple intentions of retrieving a Uraj, and Khallis crystal. We found one of these crystals, but apparently every other group here has decided that they want one as well, and randomly began attacking. We're sad to say that the base you were observed coming from was the first to be attacked, and some of your companions have already fallen. I have recieved message from our Arbiter Daimoth that he had taken the Immortals to your compound with intent putting down the remaining resistance. Oh, sorry. I seem to have forgotten my manners Mr.Jones. I'am Adun warrior of Auir, and leader of this expeditionary party."

The Protoss high templars have finally managed to get the gates shields up to 100%, and finish repairs on the radar. Tassadar's carrier has finally filled it's interceptor bays, and the Mother ship is at 40% repair.

At Billtodamax's base:

As War ravaged the base, random explosions and dragon breath flying everywhere Two Massive armored hulks emerged from behind the cover of a hill, and fired their twin phase disruptor cannons in unison, the waves of pure energy ripping apart Durge as they advanced into the base; Daimoth cloaking them as he flew with them, and a deep desounding voice ringing out from within one of the Immortals inside every beings head inside Billtodamax's base.
"Area Secure. All hostile threats eliminated. Relaying message from base now."

With that a holographic image display of Adun was rendered, and began speaking in a recorded voice converted from the normal telepathic method.
"Entaro, I'am Adun, war hero of the Protoss, and I will do my best to keep this brief. We have identified your group as the defender, and not the aggressor in this situation and wish to over you our services for a alliance of sorts. If you accept merely allow the immortals to leave you base unharmed with their Arbiter guide Diamoth."

Things happening/happened

Repairing the moither ship
Tassadar's carrier is at 100% operational capacity, and is merely charging it's shields to 100% and priming its weapons.
Mother ship is at 40% operational capacity, shields at 75% weapons at 25%, and the time bomb, cloaking field, and the PLANET CRACKER LASER are down at 5%.
Negotiating with billtodahmax for a alliance. ENTARO ADUN!
Gate shields at 100%, and a bunch of other knick nacks are in the making.

Casualties

Durge

Army list

8.5 protoss reavers

Darkcomet
2009-04-03, 03:54 PM
o.O

He...

Killed...

Durge...

Fan
2009-04-03, 04:10 PM
Somebody had to, only so long I could let his killing spree go on.:smalltongue:

Darkcomet
2009-04-03, 04:11 PM
Somebody had to, only so long I could let his killing spree go on.:smalltongue:

But...

It's Durge!

Do you know who he is?

Better yet, WHAT he is.

billtodamax
2009-04-03, 04:12 PM
Question!
Regarding durge's armour, still there and operable, mostly still there and damaged, or obliterated?

Fan
2009-04-03, 04:14 PM
I don't know in all honesty, just figured he was a high ranking chamelon with some clone rage issues.
And I'll leave it up to DC weather the armor that got blasted by 2 plasma tanks is still around.

Darkcomet
2009-04-03, 04:18 PM
I don't know in all honesty, just figured he was a high ranking chamelon with some clone rage issues.
And I'll leave it up to DC weather the armor that got blasted by 2 plasma tanks is still around.

Ah...

No, Durge is no Chameleon.

Durge is far tougher than any Chameleon.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Durge#Powers_and_abilities

Unsure on the armor thing, but I'm mostly concentrating on whether Durge is alive or not, you see.

Fan
2009-04-03, 04:22 PM
Well, the Immortals are pretty damn powerful in their own respect. Being able to level foot hills in the fluff with short duration focused fire, and being made from the brains of physic warriors who are so powerful that they have to TRY not to read your mind, and can react with lightning speed due to having small amounts of pre cognition.
Did I mention those were Zealots, which Immortals are made out of?:smallwink:

Darkcomet
2009-04-03, 04:30 PM
I'm unsure.

Anyone else want to call on whether Durge is alive or not?

Also...

Also, Is it just me, or have I taken alot more losses than everyone? It's probably the whole "Using my base as a battleground" thing. I might need to get out of my base soon.

You picked something specifically to counter my Mammoth Tanks and Redeemer. That's why I attacked you.

billtodamax
2009-04-03, 04:56 PM
You mean the trucks? No, I could already counter your vehicles. Those were for troop transport. I'm probably a little biased as to whether Durge is alive or not, as I'd like to get my hands on his armour.

Selrahc
2009-04-03, 05:04 PM
If a Gen'Dai took too many injuries, they underwent an extended period of hibernation, during which they could regenerate.

I'd suggest that could serve as a good explanation. Durge is going to be out of the battle for a good few turns, and possibly killed while hibernating if DC doesn't stage a rescue effort sharpish. Sound fair?

billtodamax
2009-04-03, 05:06 PM
Yeah, that'll be fine.
*Is totally not going to steal Durge's armour while he sleeps*

Darkcomet
2009-04-03, 05:09 PM
I'd suggest that could serve as a good explanation. Durge is going to be out of the battle for a good few turns, and possibly killed while hibernating if DC doesn't stage a rescue effort sharpish. Sound fair?

Hm. Seems like a fair plan.

I should ask that you don"t brutally murder him before I have any chance to get him back, though.

As for the armor, what's left of it is on him. The machine gun gauntlets and wrist mounted flamethrower are there, and he had one blaster pistol out, which he dropped. His other pistol and rifle are somewhere on him.

However, the armor's protective value is pretty much gone, as are his spiked flail and dart launchers.

*has wiki link on Durge open right now*

billtodamax
2009-04-03, 05:11 PM
Okay...
*considers next move*
Not the best outcome, but it'll do.

Fan
2009-04-03, 05:19 PM
I thought Dirge had his Laser rifle out shooting things as of your last post?:smallconfused:

Darkcomet
2009-04-03, 05:20 PM
I thought Dirge had his Laser rifle out shooting things as of your last post?:smallconfused:

He had one of the blaster pistols out. Not the rifle. He killed the Clone Commander with it before he could unleash the chaingun-blaster on him.

Uncle Festy
2009-04-03, 05:32 PM
Yoda's eyes snap open. "Over, it is. Unconscious or dead, all our units are. Heavy casualties, we have taken."
Akroma nods. "Wish we hadn't lost Chandra and Rorix – that'll take out a lot of our firepower."
"Twenty steps ahead of you, lady," says Gil. "I gots me a flamethrower!"
"Yes, thank you Gil," says Akroma, rolling her eyes. "But that wasn't what I was talking about at all. We don't really have any powerful, hard-hitting units anymore, so unless you can – wait. CURLY! QUOTE! GET UP HERE!" The two humanoid robots dash into the room, guns in hand. "Think you can do something with this, Gil?"
"Can I EVER!"

Stuff Happening
Gil has switched from working on turrets and guns to upgrading Quote and Curly

Army/Locations
Dr. McNinja - recovering from injuries at the base
Yoda - in the base proper
Gil Wulfenbach - in the base proper, modifying Curly
The Joker from the Dark Knight - wandering around the courtyard somewhere
Balrog, Quote, and Curly - dead/waiting to be modded/being modded
Akroma - in the base proper
Rorix Bladewing - dead
Chandra Nalaar - On Rorix's back
Vatsy and Bruno – dead/KO'ed in Billtodamax's base

((OOC note: As mentioned, I've lost a lot of my aggro units, so I'm probably going to stay out of the action for this round. Don't wait up.

Darkcomet
2009-04-03, 06:00 PM
Pleasedon'tletDurgediepleasedon'tletDurgedieplease don'tletDurgedie...

billtodamax
2009-04-03, 07:02 PM
Tails stood up. Sleek, and graceful, his movements were completely under his control. Behind his eyes there was the brain of a killer. The witch smiled. She pointed at some waddle dees.
Retrieve Durge's armour, then inform the Protoss that we will be out shortly.
The waddle dees ambled up the stairs, with all but one of them coming back. That waddle dee was currently explaining that everyone would be up shortly. All of Durge's armour was dumped on the floor, where the Engineer hurried over to it. The jet trooper passed him the stuff he had gotten from the roof. Lots of grenades, an auto turret, mines, and the rocket launcher. The engineer passed all of this to tails, who was resigned to hold it. The witch signalled to the two waddle dees that has gotten in the trucks, who drove them over to the door. She signalled to everyone, and they walked out of the base. She cast a gaze over to the body of the dragon, now dead. She felt something there... She turned to face the Protoss in front of her.
You have one of my soldiers. She said. You offer an alliance? That is interesting. For now I have need of a functional base, and somewhere for him to work. She gestures towards the enigneer. Perhaps we can discuss this over at your base? All the while she is spreading her conscience outwards, checking for any blasted black hand. She'll kill any she finds, of course.

Fan's base

Indy looked up at the Protoss General.
You mean those artifacts? I was coming here looking for yours. He checks his holster for his gun when a voice comes into his head.
Don't.

A large pounding may be heard from the front of the base.

Stuff happening:

The Ilse witch is talking with the Protoss.
Indy is talking with Adun
The orchestra has reached the front of Fan's base and is banging on the door.

Casualties:

Durge is without armour

Army list:

1. Caull Tails - Outside base
3. The Ilse Witch - outside base
5. 39 bobombs - outside base
6. ~140 waddle dees - see above
7. Thing-Thing - underneath Rorix
8. Indy + Orchestra - Fanboy's base/out the front of Fan's base
9. 2 ATGM trucks - outside base
10. Engineer and Jet trooper from SWBF2 - outside base

Darkcomet
2009-04-03, 07:26 PM
The Black Hand remain in hiding elsewhere. Hm... I wonder where they are?

Meanwhile, at Darkcomet's Base

A lone, dark figure stands atop Darkcomet's tower. His armor is helmetless, and less bulky. The exposed head reveals a scarred, bald head, recognizable as the unmasked Darth Vader.

Two of the Orcas launch and fly above Lord Vader.

"Sir?" asks one of the Orca pilots.

"We must retrieve the bounty hunter alive."

Vader leaps atop one of the Orcas, both of which take off for Billtodamax's base. Once they close in, the Jet Trooper spots them and shoots down Vader's Orca with his EMP Rocket Launcher. Vader spots the Arbiter and leaps atop it, blasting it with a torrent of deadly Force Lightning, destroying it.

Wait.

Force Lightning?

Vader... Bwuh?

In any case, Vader leaps down and lands near the near-death Durge. The remaining Orca fires rockets down at the gathered troops, preventing them from retaliating. However, the Jet Trooper remains unharmed, and pulls his blaster pistol, firing at Vader. The shots are handily deflected, and the Jet Trooper falls. Vader telekinetically seizes his pistol and EMP Rocket Launcher, then grabs up Durge and Force Jumps onto the remaining Orca, which flies back to Darkcomet's base.

Casualties

Daimoth
One Orca
Jet Trooper

WTF?
The Cleric and Darth Vader were away for a reason. The Cleric cast Regenerate on the Dark Lord, regrowing his ruined organs and severed limbs, and granting him his full Force potential once again.

Stuff happening

The rejuvenated Vader has retrieved Durge and looted the Jet Trooper's weapons. Probably as a replacement for the lost stuff.
The Immortals are now visible.

Army List

Rejuvenated Darth Vader
A DnD healmonkey cleric
Two Mammoth Tanks
A Nod Redeemer
A team of Black Hand Chameleons (5)
MacGuyver
A squad of Orca Gunships (3)
Two Battle Bases
Durge-Retrieved, no armor

billtodamax
2009-04-03, 07:36 PM
Huh. That's alot for my witch to do. Especially with Vader's mind being so well guarded.

Fan
2009-04-03, 08:06 PM
Force LIGHTNING Darkcomet? Lemme introduce you to the Tassadar effect (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z7PoVMNyfI)
:smallbiggrin:

Also, are we allowed to talk with other players so long as it involves no real action/exertion aside from the negotion me, and bill have been having?:smallconfused:

Rutskarn
2009-04-04, 12:56 AM
Don't see why not.

Murska
2009-04-04, 08:56 AM
Back in Murska's base, loud noises and explosions continue as normal. The Orkz are preparing for a fight and the atmosphere seems to have relaxed somewhat.

The Speek Freekz have decided to go check out their new Kustom Modz on the field and drive out of the gate at full speed. They drive around for a while, looking for something to kill, then notice an entrance to a base, which looks like it's been blasted. They, of course, rush in and see the two Immortals. Their Boss calls for the Hammerhead which silently flies out of the base, while the Warbikez circle around the Immortals, then rushing in with Rokkit Launchaz blasting.

Two Bikez are taken out but the rest swarm one of the Immortals. The other Immortal looks for a while like it'll be able to make it to the relative safety of the nearby reinforcements but then the Hammerhead suddenly uncloaks near it and obliterates it with a barrage of missiles. The Orkz cheer, quickly gather all the pieces and parts they can find and load the two broken Warbikez onto the Hammerhead before leaving.

Meanwhile at the base, the Kommandoes have 'recruited' more of the Boyz to their little project...

Casualties:
Two Immortals, two Speed Freek drivers and their bikez, although the bikez are repairable.
One of the Boyz in a slight accident with explosives. Not even Painboss could fix him now.

Army list:

0. A lead gate, a lot of Kustom Modz on all kinds of equipment.
1. Big Mek Badzappa
2. Warlord Ghazhgkull
3. Gargantuan Squiggoth
5. Looted Hammerhead (Cloak)
6. 4 Warbikez (Red), two un-operational right now, drivers dead so if they're fixed they'll be less effective and driven by Boyz.
7. 3 Fighta-Bommas
8. 39 Ork Boyz led by a Nob
10. 4 Mekboyz

Fan
2009-04-04, 09:30 AM
Umm, Murska... the Immortals are already in Bill's base, they had already taken a turn to get there with Daimoth... So I honestly dont see HOW you can kill them in a area their not in...:smallconfused:

Murska
2009-04-04, 09:32 AM
Umm, Murska... the Immortals are already in Bill's base, they had already taken a turn to get there with Daimoth... So I honestly dont see HOW you can kill them in a area their not in...:smallconfused:

Oh. Okay, then I kill them from Bill's base. Lemme re-edit.

Fan
2009-04-04, 09:47 AM
Right now, I'm debating if Rocket Launchers (which kill tanks) would trigger the Immortals super shielding.
I know Gauss Rifles don't trigger it, but the rockets are defintely up there, so don't get all looty quite yet Murska.:smallwink:

Murska
2009-04-04, 09:52 AM
Well, for one, the Orkz way is to shoot with everything they've got so the massive amount of Dakka should also cripple it even if the rockets hit the Hardened Shielding.

And Hardened Shielding isn't an end-all solution, enough power and it also breaks.

Fan
2009-04-04, 09:53 AM
I'm not saying that its a end all solution, I'm saying that on my turn, this combined with a event I've had planned will most certainly change things.

Murska
2009-04-04, 09:57 AM
Well if they're dead this turn, they'll be dead your turn, you can't change events which happened my turn if we don't agree on that. I'd be willing to let one of the Immortals escape via surviving the Hammerhead barrage with the shielding, though.

Fan
2009-04-04, 09:59 AM
Well if they're dead this turn, they'll be dead your turn, you can't change events which happened my turn if we don't agree on that. I'd be willing to let one of the Immortals escape via surviving the Hammerhead barrage with the shielding, though.

I was planning on 1 surviving not both as the element of surprise would warrant this. I'll give you further details over PM so we can be sure it's agreeable if you want.

Darkcomet
2009-04-04, 10:00 AM
Like we agreed on Durge's hibernation, right?

Fan
2009-04-04, 10:02 AM
Exactly, even though I'm still surprised he survived a phase disruptor barrage.

Darkcomet
2009-04-05, 09:38 AM
Well, it's Durge. It took a trip through a star to finally kill him.

(bumping so Fan can see the thread more easily when he decides to take his turn)

Fan
2009-04-05, 10:52 AM
In billtodamax's base:

The Arbiter Daimoth never saw the Dark lord coming, the sheer amount of energy that was coming from him coursed through the core, overloading it, and causing the control panel to spark, but Daimoth was a member of the templar caste trained to ignore pain to any extent, and he focused the energies of the Khalla through the hull of the ship as it began its descent he plotted a direct crash course to the dark lord grunting as the pain began to exceed even his tolerance levels entering one final code before succumbing to the black abyss.

The Two Immortals outside were bewildered, and surprised by the Dark Lords sudden entry, and much more so by the amount of lightning that was coming from his hands, and when the Arbiter crashed into the Dark Lord, crushing him beneath the tons of metal, and evaporating him into fine particles of dust as the Dark Lord struggled to over come the physic energies assualting his mind, and freezing his body, they saw the same energies begin to creep over them freezing their limbs, and encasing them in the stasis field, but not soon enough, one of them got hit by the over passing bomber, and although its hardened shielding flared to life it still lost both its weapons as they were turned to proverbial dust, and the war bikes destroyed it beyond all recognition.

At MY base:
The Protoss were scrambling, Artainis was preparing to take his Phoenix's out into the field, Tassadar and Adun were both getting their respective units ready for battle. The Reavers were maintaining base defence, and the Dark Templar were tightening security around the base as a sonic boom announced the launch of Tassadar's carrier, and it's honor guard of Artainis who had just finished re fueling his squadron. The High Templar convened in the psionic resonance crystal chamber probing the minds of the enemy, and setting up defences around their allies.

2. Fenix hero unit Immortal, trapped in a stasis field.
8.5 protoss reavers

Darkcomet
2009-04-05, 11:03 AM
I call shenanigans. Vader was on top of a bloody Orca. And leaving the base.

Fan
2009-04-05, 11:08 AM
I call physical impossibility. Lightning does not reach that far, and Daimoth was flying low to provide his cloaking. That, and the wind force from going well above 500 MPH WITHOUT A HELMET would cause your brain to fly into the back of your skull, and your eyes blood vessels to explode.

Darkcomet
2009-04-05, 11:09 AM
Chain of events:

Vader flies to base on top of Orca
Vader's original Orca is blown up by the Jet Trooper
Vader jumps onto Daimoth to avoid becoming roasted
Vader fries Daimoth
Vader retrieves Durge and Force Jumps onto the remaining Orca

@lolscience: We are talking about the man with the greatest Force potential ever here. I think he can avoid that, don't you?

Fan
2009-04-05, 11:12 AM
Break in said chain of events:
As Vader is grabbing Durge he gets crushed by about several megatons of protoss armor, as his body is assualted by physics energies. This effect normally blows up a mountain, but he was in a Arbiter, and brain fired so its limited to mind rape, and crushing the dark lord.

Darkcomet
2009-04-05, 11:17 AM
You know what?

Screw it. Vader's dead. And Durge by extension.

You just WASTED my Orca, RUINED something I had planned for freaking FOREVER, and now, you are as good as dead. :smallfurious:

Fan
2009-04-05, 11:18 AM
Can he do that while being mind raped?:smallconfused:
When Vader was fighting Obi Wan on the lava planet, he didn't seem to powerful in comparison. In Force unleashed he was pretty kick ass, but he wasn't being mind raped, and the amount of force power being used in that game breaks alot of canon.

Darkcomet
2009-04-05, 11:19 AM
*cough*

*points at replacement post*

happyturtle
2009-04-05, 11:23 AM
Okay, you two, stand down.

6.) When troops engage, the person whose turn the engagement took place on decides the outcome, which will usually NOT be all one way. If there is any friendly dispute (and the dispute WILL be friendly, or else), other players/playgrounders chime in with their opinions. If no consensus is reached, it's a 50/50 slaughter.

Take a time out, and let the audience and other players sort this out.

Fan
2009-04-05, 11:25 AM
It's just a game, and I'm trying to be logical about it.
I've thrown out alot of the physics, and other science due to my own head screaming about how alot of things shouldn't work. And on the unit thing The Protoss do not believe in cannon fodder to quote Rusktarn. Each unit is in fact a powerful warrior in their own regard, and the fact that Daimoth was a hero in one of the Protoss equivalents to a destroyer class ship, I figured what I was doing was fair.
But, I'd rather not get into it, so if it really means that much to you I'll ret con it, but next time just tell me you had plans, and I'll change it.

Darkcomet
2009-04-05, 11:27 AM
Hm. Fine.

Speaking of plans, though... I know what you've been trying to do.

And I don't like it one bit.

Fan
2009-04-05, 11:30 AM
Hm. Fine.

Speaking of plans, though... I know what you've been trying to do.

And I don't like it one bit.

What part of my plan do you not like one bit?:smallconfused:
If it's bad enough I might not do it, simply because I HATE aruging especially with people I consider decent, and I've had my fill of anger for one life time.

Darkcomet
2009-04-05, 11:32 AM
What part of my plan do you not like one bit?:smallconfused:

The whole Anti-DC Coalition thing.

I know.

Fan
2009-04-05, 11:35 AM
The whole Anti-DC Coalition thing.

I know.

Say what now?
I'm not in it with anyone, the one offer I got for that was voided when that certain someone attacked me.
I have no plans to go into a anti ANYBODY organization as thats under the table play that I don't think should be allowed.

Darkcomet
2009-04-05, 11:37 AM
Well, one person claims that you approached him with a proposal to attack me.

One person you should never, ever trust. Which is why I'm unsure.

Fan
2009-04-05, 11:40 AM
Well, one person claims that you approached him with a proposal to attack me.

One person you should never, ever trust. Which is why I'm unsure.

Well, that certain someone has been leaking out dated information. I told that certain someone that I was done when that certain someone attacked me. Lies are not good, well except in WW, but thats different,:smallannoyed: