PDA

View Full Version : Cockroach stats

Froogleyboy
2009-03-14, 11:27 PM
could someone roll me up stats for a cockroach and a cockroach swarm. perty plz

Thurbane
2009-03-14, 11:45 PM
There are giant cockroaches in Underdark [3.5]...

Teron
2009-03-15, 01:25 AM
I imagine the only stat most ordinary insects would need is a touch AC, with a successful hit being an automatic kill. As for a roach swarm, I'd add HD to a spider swarm, maybe bump up Con by two, and replace poison with filth fever. What the heck, here you go:

Cockroach Swarm
Size/Type: Diminutive Vermin (Swarm)
Hit Dice: 9d8+9 (47 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares), climb 20 ft.
Armor Class: 17 (+4 size, +3 Dex), touch 17, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/—
Attack: Swarm (2d6 plus disease)
Full Attack: Swarm (2d6 plus disease)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Disease, distraction
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., immune to weapon damage, swarm traits, tremorsense 30 ft., vermin traits
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +3
Abilities: Str 1, Dex 17, Con 12, Int Ř, Wis 10, Cha 2
Skills: Climb +11, Spot +4
Feats: Weapon Finesse(B)
Environment: Dirty kitchens
Organization: Solitary, colony (2-4 swarms), or post-apocalyptic civilisation (7-12 swarms)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: None
Level Adjustment: —

Combat
A cockroach swarm seeks to surround and attack any living prey it encounters. A swarm deals 2d6 points of damage to any creature whose space it occupies at the end of its move.

Distraction (Ex)
Any living creature that begins its turn with a cockroach swarm in its space must succeed on a DC 15 Fortitude save or be nauseated for 1 round. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Disease (Ex)
Filth fever—swarm attack, Fortitude DC 15, incubation period 1d3 days, damage 1d3 Dex and 1d3 Con. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Skills
A cockroach swarm has a +4 racial bonus on Spot checks and a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks, and uses its Dexterity modifier instead of its Strength modifier for Climb checks. A cockroach swarm has a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks and can always choose to take 10 on a Climb check, even if rushed or threatened.

--------------------------------

I made it similar to the centipede swarm as well so I wouldn't have to guess at the CR. Feel free to make further adjustments if you like.

krossbow
2009-03-15, 01:35 AM
cockroaches are one of the few creatures i advocate the "any damage kills" rule for.

Nightson
2009-03-15, 01:36 AM
Needs Immunity: Radiation

krossbow
2009-03-15, 01:45 AM
Needs Immunity: Radiation

No, Radiation needs to buff them with a permanent giant vermin (http://www3.telus.net/public/dhwag/FO3PS3.jpg)

BlueWizard
2009-03-15, 02:47 AM
cockroaches are one of the few creatures i advocate the "any damage kills" rule for.

Unfortunately Roaches I've seen are tougher than that. In fact, they've been known to lay eggs with no head!

bosssmiley
2009-03-15, 04:54 AM
Cockroach - vermin: beetle + fast healing or DR
Cockroach swarm - beetle swarm

Just reskin (re-carapace?) to your preferred flavour of bug. :smallwink:

RebelRogue
2009-03-15, 05:55 AM
I'm loving the Environment/Organization part of that stat block :smallbiggrin:

SoD
2009-03-15, 07:12 AM
Moderatly off topic; sadly, roaches aren't actually immune to radiation, although they can survive ten times as much radiation as humans (mind you, what kills humans makes roaches sterile...). There is a type of wasp, however, which can survive over 100 times as much radiation as a human.

Sergeantbrother
2009-03-15, 07:14 AM
Cockroaches can't actually sting or bite or actually injure humans can they? I don't know if even a swarm of them should do 2d6 damage, enough to kill most normal people in one turn. As creepy as a swarm of cockroaches might be, I don't think it would be that dangerous.