PDA

View Full Version : Silly Thread

wogmaster
2009-03-14, 11:34 PM
I don't think that online forums were created to meaningfully (or non-meaningfully as the case most often is) discuss an ideas about the progress or quality of the strip or theories about what character is going to do, or what their fate is. I will catch flak for this, but I do not think that forums were created for snarky, sarcastic, sardonic, or sometimes beguilingly surreal replies to any thread, no matter how true, ridiculous, clever, or disgusting they may be. No, there are only three kinds of posts that are the reasons for internet message boards to exist.

1. Message board games. Be they silly or serious, who among us has not participated and enjoyed it? Certainly only those who are silly enough to post here saying that they don't participate and/or enjoy.

2. Making arbitrary lists. Most of them are based on awesomeness or reasons why a character/thing is awesome, but I make special note of those who make forum/clan rules lists, class features lists, and appearance lists. It may appear, that I'm doing this right now, but I am not, the reason for my post, and the most important reason that internet message boards exist...

3. Claiming that things are/aren't hot.

So, without further ado (I'm really bored in case you can't tell yet.)...

You know, I think that spliced V is kinda hot. Yes, forget that s/he's evil and forget all the mormuring that happens wherever s/he goes and ABSOLUTELY forget the spouse and children. And maybe, it's my affinity for black and crimson that's in hir clothing, maybe it's the longer windswept hair, maybe it's the eyes, maybe it's the magical power, maybe it's the fangs, maybe it's the sense of danger, or maybe it's that s/he is finally looking good (hehe... yay puns) after months of being crazy scarred. One thing I do know... there are a lot of things that one can find kinda hot in the current V. (oooo I forgot the name, but that may be spillover from people in Guy Fawkes masks.)

Fawkes
2009-03-14, 11:40 PM
http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/6/16/633492361773135988-stop-that.jpg

Morgan Wick
2009-03-15, 02:38 AM
I don't think that online forums were created to meaningfully (or non-meaningfully as the case most often is) discuss an ideas about the progress or quality of the strip or theories about what character is going to do, or what their fate is. I will catch flak for this, but I do not think that forums were created for snarky, sarcastic, sardonic, or sometimes beguilingly surreal replies to any thread, no matter how true, ridiculous, clever, or disgusting they may be. No, there are only three kinds of posts that are the reasons for internet message boards to exist.

1. Message board games. Be they silly or serious, who among us has not participated and enjoyed it? Certainly only those who are silly enough to post here saying that they don't participate and/or enjoy.

2. Making arbitrary lists. Most of them are based on awesomeness or reasons why a character/thing is awesome, but I make special note of those who make forum/clan rules lists, class features lists, and appearance lists. It may appear, that I'm doing this right now, but I am not, the reason for my post, and the most important reason that internet message boards exist...

3. Claiming that things are/aren't hot.

Is this thread a parody?

Balgus
2009-03-15, 11:03 AM
For starters, I enjoy reading OotS for the following reasons:

1) I like keeping up with the times
2) PCs and NPCs have character
3) A cat has more face time than the party leader

BTW- I am starting to feel these boards are like Literary critics who study Shakespeare: A line is written, and is given obscene weight and analysis. I can't believe that everything discussed went through Rich's head before writing it down. Sometimes, a line is funny just because.

shadyotter
2009-03-15, 11:24 AM
let us all dress up as oots characters and play kick the can :smallcool:

Ikialev
2009-03-15, 11:37 AM
but that may be spillover from people in Guy Fawkes masks.)
http://bored.gettalk.net/users/a2/67/22/54/smiles/805324.gif

Gamiress
2009-03-15, 12:32 PM
Evil V is totally hot. I would let him/her/it throw me down on anything he/she/it wanted and have any kind of way with me.

RMS Oceanic
2009-03-15, 12:41 PM
Remember that (s)he can also cast Polymorph, so you can keep up with Sabine in the experimentation department.

Roland St. Jude
2009-03-15, 08:29 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham:Please take this manner of silly discussion to the Random Banter thread.