PDA

View Full Version : Raphael's Hideout ((Town Plot))

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-15, 09:51 AM
From the street, this building looks just like every other store on the street. A few goods in the glass window, a little bell that rings as customers swing the door open. It sells assorted knick-knacks of all sorts.

But is it just a front for a much darker trade?

Fredthefighter
2009-03-15, 10:02 AM
In his normal metal bodysuit, Sparky invisibly and silently stalks upto the shop.
Now do I go straight in guns a'blazing, or do I find a backdoor, stealth in and hold a blade to Raph's neck? Yeah, option B sounds better. he thinks.

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-15, 10:02 AM
Derik charges out of the inn with his staff on his back, along with Kathey's quiver of arrows. He strings one on her bow and gets ready for a fight. Kathey is not happy she lost her weapons. She also kept her spare cans in that quiver.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-15, 10:04 AM
A few employees are wandering around in the front of the store, sweeping up and restocking the merchandise. Raph is nowhere to be seen.

In the back of the store is a door with the phrase "Employees Only, Please" written on it.

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-15, 10:05 AM
Derik waves hello to the employes and sneaks to the back door, slightly embarresed.

Fredthefighter
2009-03-15, 10:06 AM
Derrik should here a voice come from nowhere.
Okay, I was planning on doing this solo and stealthing my way in, so if you want to help, can you be a little more stealthy? I'm invisible now by the way, yes, I can do that.
Sparky invisibly sneaks into the shop, tries to quietly open the employees only door and sneaks inside.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-15, 10:07 AM
One of the employees smiles and waves back. He seems to be keeping an eye on Derik, making sure he doesn't go anywhere he isn't supposed to be.

The door comes silently open. Meanwhile, a woman leaning in the corner of the opposite side of the store squints her eyes and whispers a quick spell.
Door just came open... check it out.

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-15, 10:08 AM
Derik nods. He turns into the panther and follows sparky.

Fredthefighter
2009-03-15, 10:11 AM
Sparky sneaks quickly and silently up behind the woman and places a gun (which is currently invisible) against the side of her head.
Stay very quiet he whispers in her ear. Speak one word and I'll blow your brains out.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-15, 10:12 AM
The woman panics and whispers back to the invisible Sparky.
Okay... okay, don't do anything hasty, please...

Sen Halfomoon
2009-03-15, 10:14 AM
Sican should arrive in back of the place,
You guys leace me behind on purpose I swear.

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-15, 10:14 AM
Derik changes back. No need to be all evil. Animate plants.

Derik always keeps atleast one flower with him. The flower grows out of the pot and wraps around the womans legs, hands, and mouth.

Cat's grace- mass.

Fredthefighter
2009-03-15, 10:16 AM
Nice he whispers almost silently.
Sparky sneaks past the clerk and checks the door for traps.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-15, 10:19 AM
The woman angrily glares at them and grunts a little.

Sparky may notice a small magical sigil inscribed above the door on the threshold.

The other employees don't seem to be catching on as to what's happening.

Sen Halfomoon
2009-03-15, 10:22 AM
Sican is still here...he walks forward.
need someone to dispell that mate?
Sican has some talent with magic, mostly in sigils like that, he might be able to recognize it's function.

Fredthefighter
2009-03-15, 10:23 AM
Sparky pulls out a small device, a magical inhibitor, it surpresses magical energy within a 10ft radius of itself, so spells, magic items, sigils, etc, etc, don't work within 10ft of it. Sparky plants a foot firmly on the wall, activating the anti-grav module on his belt, he walks up the wall and places the inhibitor on the sigil. Then he walks back down and de-activates the anti-grav when he's back on the floor. Then he'll creep invisibly and silently through the door.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-15, 10:23 AM
It's a fairly simple sigil of clairvoyance. It works like a security camera of sorts, activated by motion through the door.

On the other side of the door, an aging manager is working on a stack of paperwork. Nothing seems to be terribly out of the ordinary. Seeing the door open for no apparent reason, he adjusts his glasses.
...hello there?

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-15, 10:24 AM
Time to get serious. He enchants an arrow so it explodes on impact, the strings it in Kathey's bow. His eyes glow green and he gets ready to charge.

Fredthefighter
2009-03-15, 10:26 AM
Hold it Derik, we want as little fuss as possible. he whispers almost inaudibly.
Sican, how stealthy can you be? he says almost silently.

Sen Halfomoon
2009-03-15, 10:27 AM
Sican draws the thin dagger he uses for stealth,
indeed.
his right hand is holding one of the vials of his blood he carries.
He follows sparky, knowing he might have to keep his friend in check.
[again sorry for joining so late, the forum ate my post, then the internet ate me]

edit:
I can be quite stealthy.

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-15, 10:28 AM
Derik sighs and tosses the arrow out the window. BOOM! He morphs into the panther and walks the the door.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-15, 10:34 AM
Seeing a panther creeping through the door, the man sighs and pulls a bottle of pills out of his desk.

Fredthefighter
2009-03-15, 10:34 AM
Good.
Sparky stalks silently past the clerk at the desk, loads a tranquilizer dart into a low-power pistol, then shoots it at the clerk. It should put him to sleep.
Try not to kill anyone until we reach the real bad guys.
He puts another magical inhibitor on the next door and sneaks into the next room.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-15, 10:36 AM
The manager slumps over in his chair, snoring softly. There is no apparent next door, but behind the manager's desk is a fairly poorly concealed trapdoor underneath his chair.

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-15, 10:37 AM
Derik grabs the chair arm in his mouth (please let it be a swivel chair!) and drags it away. He waits for sparky to open it. Cause', you know. No hands.

Sen Halfomoon
2009-03-15, 10:38 AM
Sican notices the trapdoor, signals the others where he is, and gingerly begins opening it.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-15, 10:40 AM
Yes, it's a swivel chair.

Under the trapdoor is a set of dank stone stairs leading into a cellar. That's probably under the category of being out of the ordinary.

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-15, 10:41 AM
Derik dosn't wait. He leaps through the trap door. Boy, it would suck if we were going the wrong way.

Fredthefighter
2009-03-15, 10:42 AM
Sparky stealthily sneaks down through the trapdoor, using the enhancements in his eyes so he can see perfectly in the darkness, he's still invisible though.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-15, 10:43 AM
There's not much to see, since the stairs quickly level out and the hall turns a corner. Derik probably hits his head against the wall if he's going too fast.

Sen Halfomoon
2009-03-15, 10:44 AM
Sican sighs, walks down, closes the trapdoor behind him, and closes his eyes, relying on his senses of smell and hearing. They are much higher then most humanoids, what with being half-hyena. He'd should smell or here trouble coming before sparky or panther-boy see it.
he'd follow sparky.

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-15, 10:45 AM
Derik turns back into a human and is out for a while. He struggles to get back up. He snaps his fingers and a small tounge of fire spirals above his pointer (index?) finger. He uses his staff to keep himself up and straps the bow on his back.

Fredthefighter
2009-03-15, 10:47 AM
Sparky creeps stealthily along the passageway, putting magical inhibitors wherever there are sigils.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-15, 10:48 AM
Around the corner, Derik lays eyes on Raphael, a bald man wearing a deep purple robe.
Hello there, Clanker & Company.

Sican might notice that he doesn't smell like anything.

Fredthefighter
2009-03-15, 10:50 AM
Sparky moves with blinding speed (still invisible) and punches Raph in the face, then he tries to pick him up and out a metal spike to his throat.
Hello scumbag.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-15, 10:52 AM
Sparky's fist passes harmlessly through Raphael. It's an illusory image.
So sorry; I'm not quite that stupid, you see.

Sen Halfomoon
2009-03-15, 10:55 AM
Sican looks, and sees the fist passing through
figures.

Fredthefighter
2009-03-15, 10:55 AM
Well, it never is that easy is it. he sighs.
Well, if I were you, I'd start running, because I'm coming after you, I must warn you, but I can run at speeds of over 100mph, I don't tire, I can go without sleep for a whole week and right now, I'm pretty pissed off.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-15, 10:58 AM
Go through that door over there. I'm fairly confident only two people are going to walk out alive from that room, and I'm fairly confident it's going to be me and the girl. Well, maybe not willingly in her case.
The illusion points to another door in the cellar. The group appears to be currently standing in a central room of sorts; several doors extend from it, labeled "Dormitories," "Holding Cells," "Office," and "Exit." They just came through "Exit," the illusion is pointing to "Office."

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-15, 10:58 AM
Derik waves his staff through the image. You do know, if you realy were here, I'de kick you in the balls. Just hand over Laura and you can live.

Fredthefighter
2009-03-15, 11:00 AM
(Urgh, I've gotta deadtime for 30mins to an hour)

Sen Halfomoon
2009-03-15, 11:01 AM
Sican sits preparing a few vials of his demon blood for use...waiting for sparky.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-15, 11:03 AM
The illusory Raphael sneers at Derik.
Aw, the kitty cat wants to make demands. No. You don't know how much some people are willing to pay for someone like her.

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-15, 11:03 AM
Derik charges the door. He knocks it over and fires a volley of arrows at Raphael.
DIE! SCUMBAG!

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-15, 11:05 AM
Raphael is on the other side of the door, holding Laura in front of him. He waves his free hand, and the arrows get diverted off to the sides.
Careful, now, I'm not going to waste another spell just to save the dear girl a flesh wound.

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-15, 11:07 AM
Derik freezes. He runs over through his mind every possible way to give this horrible man some sort of dissadvanteg.

Foresight.

Derik seees a bit into what will happen soon. but only about 38 seconds.

Sen Halfomoon
2009-03-15, 11:09 AM
Sican is at the door so fatss it seems he wasn't preparing his vials.
he was...
He throws one towards raphael, but it looks like it will land short.
however if it lands near, the blood should quickly form a pentagram around Raph's standing zone. If doesn't get out before it's fully formed, he'll be seperated from the girl, and he shouldn't be able to move from it, his spells either.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-15, 11:11 AM
The most important thing he sees is that Raph is about to fire a blast of magical energy straight at him. After that, he's going to try to pass Laura off to one of his compatriots hiding in the back of the room so that he can really get down to business. This represents a possible opportunity.

Then, Raph fires the blast of energy.

The vial comes up just a little bit short, so he jerks Laura backwards and steps just outside the edge of the pentagram.

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-15, 11:13 AM
Derik ducks and the blast flies up the stairs. Derik charges Raphael after he passes off Laura. He morphs into a panther and aims his claws ond teeth at his throat.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-15, 11:16 AM
Ugh!
Raphael pushes Derik upwards at the last second, but his claws still open a series of gashes on Raph's face.

Laura starts trying to kick the other man between the legs. Her hands are manacled behind her back, but she gets in some painful hits and tries to run to safety.

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-15, 11:16 AM
Panther-Derik hits the wall and stops moving. (Oh no!)

Sen Halfomoon
2009-03-15, 11:21 AM
sican pulls to vials, one he off-aim at raph agin, trying his pentagram of ensarement, the other at pantherboy. If it get near him, it will turn into a heartagram, take a pentagram, change the pentagon for a heart, that should help keep him in good condition, the mark will form on panther rather then the floor, and will last for a while.

Sican rushes raph Dagger drawn. slashing in a frenzied way.

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-15, 11:22 AM
Derik get's up slowly, he turned human when he hit the wall. He strings an arrow and aims it at Raphael's neck. He fires.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-15, 11:23 AM
((Crap, I have to deadtime too. Hopefully I'll be able to get back on before long.))

Fredthefighter
2009-03-15, 11:31 AM
(I'm back, although I see the fight is well under way)
Sparky joins the fight, tries punching the compatriot in the face, moves with blinding speed (still invisible) and then tries punching Ralph in the face.
Clanker eh? Bet you didn't see that one coming.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-15, 11:58 AM
((All right, let's do this thing.))

Raph's compatriot gets knocked off his feet by Sparky's blow, but Raph spins to catch Sparky's fist in his hand. With his other hand, he holds out a small magical shield to block Derik's arrow.
You aren't stopping me this time.

Fredthefighter
2009-03-15, 12:03 PM
Actually, I think I am.
A sly smile spreads across Sparky's face beneath the bodysuit. The bodysuit then shifts and grows into "Hulkbuster" mode. He then tries to pick up Ralph with the hand Ralph just grabbed.
You go bye bye now.
He then punches him with the other very large metal fist.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-15, 12:08 PM
Ugh!
Raphael gets slammed against the wall, and he crumples to the ground. But then, a smile spreads on his face as well.
Teleport.

Laura is crouching in the corner of the room, trembling, when Raphael appears behind her. She screams, and he grabs her again, using her to shield his battered body.
Let's try this again. You're going to die, and I'm going to live.

Sen Halfomoon
2009-03-15, 12:09 PM
Sican moves in to kill raph aid, with a quick downward knife stab.

Fredthefighter
2009-03-15, 12:11 PM
Nope, you're going to die and we're going to live.
A small dart shooter rises up out of the left forearm and fires with pinpoint accuracy at Raphael, it is tipped with a very deadly poison that kills within 10 seconds of administration.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-15, 12:14 PM
Raphael shoves Laura in the way of Sican's stab, but in that moment of exposure the dart hits his flank.
Oh, damn... *cough*

Fredthefighter
2009-03-15, 12:16 PM
Go to sleep Raph. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, bye bye.
Sparky waves goodbye to Raphael with a large metal arm.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-15, 12:22 PM
Clanking buffoon...
Laura staggers to her feet from underneath Raphael's corpse. She's kind of a mess; she's got minor wounds and bruises all over.
Could you get the manacles off, please?

Fredthefighter
2009-03-15, 12:25 PM
Actually, I have quite a keen mind, I know 20 ways to kill someone with just one thumb. Also, I did very well in school, if it wasn't for a certain car crash I'd be a corporate lawyer right now.
Sparky clanks over to Laura and zaps the manacles with a small laser, they should melt away harmlessly.
There you go.

Sen Halfomoon
2009-03-15, 12:27 PM
Sican looks around,
let's get outta here before this gets noticed.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-15, 12:28 PM
Thanks... I'm glad that guy's finally gone. I think they're keeping some other people here. Let's go get them, too.

Fredthefighter
2009-03-15, 12:28 PM
Yes, I think we should, but let's do it in style.
A rocket launcher folds out of the left shoulder on Sparky's robotic exo-skeleton.
By in style I mean blow a bloody great big hole in the wall.
Sparky looks down at Laura.
If there are other people here then we should save them. No matter what. Lead the way Miss Laura.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-15, 12:31 PM
Laura steps out into the central room of the cellar and then points to the door labeled "Holding Cells."
In there. There was a man and a woman there when I got brought down.

Sen Halfomoon
2009-03-15, 12:33 PM
Sican follows, he unfortunatl has been cut, when he turned to avoid stabbing laura, he cut himself.
Let's make it quick though, this is a pretty good gash, if I'm exposed to the scent of my own blood for long, I lose control, sorry sparks, I think I need to bail...I can't live with the risk of hurting you guys.
He vanishes into a miasma of bloodmist.

Fredthefighter
2009-03-15, 12:35 PM
No problem Sican.
Sparky punches open the door marked "Holding Cells" using a large metal gauntlet, the other arm has a machine gun on the end now.
Do not be afraid, unless you work for Raphael, then you should be very afraid.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-15, 12:37 PM
The room on the other side is long and narrow, with small cells lining the edges. A pair of guards playing cards at a table at the end of the room suddenly look up, their eyes wide.

Fredthefighter
2009-03-15, 12:39 PM
Hey, guards, go home, steal some stationary on the way out, I don't really care, just leave. Otherwise things could get messy.
Sparky emphasises his point by unleashing a small burst of machine gun fire a foot or two above the guards' heads.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-15, 12:41 PM
The guards put their hands over their heads and scurry quietly out of the room, hoping to avoid any messiness.
Hey! In here!
A man's voice comes from one of the cells.

Fredthefighter
2009-03-15, 12:42 PM
Sparky clanks over to the cell that the voice came from.
Stand well back from the door brace yourself against one of the side walls.
As soon as the man does this, Sparky tries to punch the door down.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-15, 12:45 PM
The man can't very well do this as he's chained to the wall, but the barred door flies open nonetheless. There are both a man and a woman chained to the wall in the cell; the woman is gagged.
Get us out of here, we can help you escape!

Fredthefighter
2009-03-15, 12:46 PM
I'm planning on getting everyone out of here.
The laser fires again, zapping the chains so that they should melt away harmlessly.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-15, 12:51 PM
The woman removes her gag.
Ugh, thanks. They did me up like this after I blasted the first one of them with a verbal Lightning Bolt. :smallamused:
The two of them leave the cell; the man picks up a longsword that is leaning against one of the walls of the room.
Ah, it's good being free and armed again.

Fredthefighter
2009-03-15, 12:54 PM
Lead the way out then, unless you just want me to blast a hole in the wall with a rocket.
The rocket launcher hasn't been put away yet, it's still on his left shoulder.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-15, 12:57 PM
I think it would be easier to just leave. Looks like you're tough enough to handle whatever comes at us.
Laura and the pair of prisoners start heading up for the trapdoor.
So who're you? I was investigating this very group; turns out there's some sick fashion among the ultra-rich for keeping female mages as slaves. These guys were trying to get rich off of that.
And I'm her bodyguard. Things obviously didn't go as planned.

Fredthefighter
2009-03-15, 12:59 PM
I'm a supersoldier from Ireland 2054. My name is Sparky, nice to meet you.
He leads them back the way he got here, anyone who is in the way will be threatened and anyone who decides not to run from the humungous mass of metal will be shot with darts tipped with sleep poison.

A Rainy Knight
2009-03-15, 01:01 PM
((Deadtime again... not like there's much to wrap up, though.))

Fredthefighter
2009-03-15, 01:05 PM
(Yeah, it's pretty much finished, we can just say they got out now can't we?)

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-15, 01:40 PM
Awww! I deadtimed through the whole thing. :smallfrown:

Fredthefighter
2009-03-15, 01:41 PM
Awww! I deadtimed through the whole thing. :smallfrown:

(Yes, yes you did, I tried to be three times as awesome to make up for it though. I turned into a giant robot and shot him with a death-poison dart. Also, I punched him in the face with a very large metal fist, talon, claw, thing.)

CrimsonAngel
2009-03-15, 01:46 PM
Derik kicks Raphs corpse and shambles back to the inn. He falls asleep in his (room?)