PDA

View Full Version : Super Robot Wars

Nerd-o-rama
2009-03-15, 09:49 PM
Because I probably shouldn't clutter up my LP and the anime thread with general discussion, this here thread is about the Super Robot Wars franchise in all its incarnations - original game boy Gundam/Mazinger/Getter crossover through the latest protagonist-abusing epic for PS2.

I'm playing AGTP's translation of Alpha Gaiden right now and, aside from a few glitches and some questionable name transliterations (for the last ****ing time, it's Reinforce Jr., not Lean Horse Jr. Do people even look at what they're writing?) it's quite good. The game itself is very enjoyable, not being as insanely hard as I was led to believe (yet), and having some extremely badass setpieces - Mission 9 was quite nearly as epic as the endgame missions of Alpha.

Also, I think I'm in love with Xabungle's mech design. There's something so satisfying about kicking the crap out of your enemy with a huge, bulky diesel-powered machine. And of course, it's a western on top of that. It's another series that's going on my I-wish-it-was-actually-subbed list because of SRW.

In other news, there's a new Nintendo DS SRW coming out around nowish, called Super Robot Wars K (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ6uolfWsR4). I haven't really heard much except that, like J and W, it's full of odd series you wouldn't think would go into Super Robot Wars, like GunXSword, Fafner, and Zoids. Yes, that Zoids.

And apparently Gundam SEED really is the new UC Gundam for SRW games (going by this, J, W, and Z). Oh well, it was fairly inevitable.

Tengu_temp
2009-03-15, 09:53 PM
Damn you and your ninja habits, Nerdo.

An idea, shamelessly stolen from Terra - what 15 anime series would you like to see together in a SRW game? My choices are:

Zeta Gundam
G Gundam
Martian Successor Nadesico
Full Metal Panic
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
The Big O
Eureka SeveN
Genesis of Aquarion
Xabungle
Mazinger Z
Getter Robo
Overman King Gainer
Macross Frontier
Gundam 00

So kinda like Z + J + Eva + recent shows. For completion's sake we could replace one other show with Code Geass, but I have a hard time deciding which one.

Also, Xabungle is getting subbed by a single group as we speak - I know because my brother (not Cubey) is watching it, and they released the tenth or so episode several days ago (maybe they've already done more). Will give a link later.

EDIT: Here we go (http://axsus-news.blogspot.com/). They did 9 episodes so far.

Nerd-o-rama
2009-03-15, 10:27 PM
Damn you and your ninja habits, Nerdo.Signum is only a ninja when she's piloting Vysaga.

Hmm...I have two ideas that are not terribly compatible. First one boils down to Earth Sphere Only, No Aliens, FINAL DESTINATION.

Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing (how about the actual series, not just Endless Waltz, Banpresto?)
Mobile Fighter G Gundam
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (and R2)
Full Metal Panic! (and Fumoffu and Second Raid)
Martian Successor Nadesico (and Prince of Darkness Black Serena)
Mazinkaiser
Shin Getter Robo (and Armageddon)
Neon Genesis Evangelion (possibly the Rebuild version)
Shinkon Gattai Godannar! (and season 2)

I'm leaving four slots open for UC Gundam (Gundam, 08th Mobile Suit Team, Zeta Gundam, Char's Counterattack), but wondering if there's something else that works. And isn't CE Gundam.

The second idea is, and I'll be honest here, a total Alpha Gaiden ripoff update. Basically, what if AG had had more recent series available? In before "Super Robot Wars Z".

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Aim For the Top! Gunbuster
The Super Dimension Fortress Macross
Shin Getter Robo
Turn A Gundam
After War Gundam X
Combat Mecha Xabungle
Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann
Macross Frontier
Aim For the Top 2! Diebuster
The Big O
Psalm of Planets Eureka SeveN
KIIIING KIIIIING KINGU GAINER!

Unrelated:

Random wikipedia browsing has just told me that the mechanical desing in Alpha 3 was done by the lead artist of the Shin Megami Tensei series. That explains a lot. Especially Keiser Ephes. Especially Keiser Ephes's final attack (skip to 6:00; only version I could find with the Dynamic Kill (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz174h-3rEU).

Prime32
2009-03-16, 10:59 AM
On that theoretical next SRW...

Nuclear power has been shut down by N-Jammers spread across the globe by the space colonies, forcing mankind to become dependent on Sakuradite for energy. Due to their lack of Sakuradite reserves, the colonies are viewed as a minor threat.

This changes when GN Drives are introduced by the 11 Soul Masters, based on their Loud G-Stones, in the hope that humanity would destroy itself before it figured out what they were up to (Innovators are Evoluders). Eventually, technology is developed which allows Sakuradite-enriched uranium to undergo fission, allowing for the creation of the Freedom and Justice Gundams, and later FLEIJA.

Gendo Ikari is a half-Britannian lord and one of the researchers of Geass, who, naturally, plans to hijack the Sword of Akasha as it connects with THE POWER residing within Jupiter. Marianne's Geass is required to create Evas. The Gawain and Siegfreid are prototype Evas.

3G start out working for Britannia, but soon realise the corruption within the system. Zero offers an alliance, but they instead head into space to team up with the remnants of ORB and the Clyne faction. :smalltongue:

Terraoblivion
2009-03-16, 02:40 PM
Given that i was the one who made Tengu do it, i should probably provide fifteen shows as well. The ones i'd like to see in an SRW would probably be something like the following.

Zeta Gundam
G Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam: 08th MS Team
Gundam Wing
Gundam 00
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, including the pinnacle of directionless writing that is R2
Full Metal Panic!, including Fumoffu (or at least Bonta-kun) and The Second Raid
Neon Genesis Evangelion
The Big O
Daitarn 3, if only for the song
Gunbuster

And not sure about what to pick for the last three. Not anymore Gundam though, there is plenty of Gundam already.

Oslecamo
2009-03-16, 03:16 PM
All of the power rangers incarnations.

What? They're one of the first giant robots franchises! They totally deserve a SRW just for them!

Attilargh
2009-03-16, 04:11 PM
I'm anxiously awaiting for Endless Frontier, so I can find out if I can really save 20 Euros by ordering games on Amazon instead of going to a Finnish store. I also hear it's pretty good, so there's that as well.

I can't give you my SRW Fifteen, because I can't remember fifteen shows. :smallfrown:

Cubey
2009-03-16, 04:43 PM
All of the power rangers incarnations.

What? They're one of the first giant robots franchises! They totally deserve a SRW just for them!

Seeing that the Power Rangers (and the toku series that they've originated from) started in 1993, and Mazinger is from the 70s...

TamerBill
2009-03-16, 05:01 PM
Gundam SEED
Gundam SEED Astray
Overman King Gainer
Neon Genesis Evangelion
The Big O
Turn A Gundam
G Gundam
Victory Gundam
Full Metal Panic
Mazinkaiser
GaoGaiGar
Tekkaman Blade
Tekkaman Blade 2
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

How you'd make Turn A Gundam and SEED Astray play nice together is anyone's guess, but I'm not being paid to make sense here.

Also, Super Robot Taisen K (the K is for Potassium) shipped today. First they push the release date forward a month, then they ship it five days before the actual date... what sort of bizarro company policy is this?

Prime32
2009-03-16, 05:04 PM
As long as they don't put in Transformers. All those different continuities and characters with the same names... heck, they can't even decide which continuities are separate any more. Is Galaxy Convoy an upgrade to Grand Convoy or a separate character?

Nerd-o-rama
2009-03-16, 07:47 PM
Alternate continuities with the same characters tend to end up in different SRWs - Mazinkaiser Kouji and Grendizer Kouji never meet. Banpresto would probably just take transformers one series at a time and take the ones that are sort of plausible together.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y66/al0013/mistthumbnail.pngMist Rex: "Guess what Nerd-o was too impatient to wait for his import of?"

Yeah, I've started on Super Robot Wars Potassium quasi-legally. Although frankly, after playing it a bit, I may want to hold off until I've seen at least one of the freaking series in it.

KnightDisciple
2009-03-16, 08:56 PM
Are there official english releases for any of these?

Tengu_temp
2009-03-16, 09:19 PM
Yeah, OG1 and OG2 for GBA - they have original characters only, but are awesome regardless. The best place to start for a beginner, if you ask me.

Hunter Noventa
2009-03-16, 09:41 PM
Yeah, OG1 and OG2 for GBA - they have original characters only, but are awesome regardless. The best place to start for a beginner, if you ask me.

They are awesome. And Endless Frontier comes out in a couple months, or next month, though it's more of a classic RPG with SRW robots. And Kos-Mos.

Nerd-o-rama
2009-03-17, 12:00 AM
You know Prime, I think you're onto something with their being something of an energy crisis as the backdrop for a Super Robot Wars game, perhaps caused by N-Jammer Spam. Geass and Gundam 00's first seasons both largely center around a conflict over energy resources, and a lot of super robot show also have something to do with "alternative" energy - not least Mazinger (the place that fronts Mazinger is called the Photonic Energy Labs or something like that), Getter (Getter Rays), Combattler (Superelectromagnetic Energy), even Evangelion (S2 Engines), GaoGaiGar (Getter Rays again, honestly), and TTGL (ditto). Britannia could invade Japan not just for Sakuradite, but for access to the research facilities for the former four.

Oslecamo
2009-03-17, 05:43 AM
Seeing that the Power Rangers (and the toku series that they've originated from) started in 1993, and Mazinger is from the 70s...

You won this argument but I shall return!(performs dramatic exit)

Ascension
2009-03-17, 02:27 PM
As long as they don't put in Transformers. All those different continuities and characters with the same names... heck, they can't even decide which continuities are separate any more. Is Galaxy Convoy an upgrade to Grand Convoy or a separate character?

:smallfrown: You make me sad. I'd love to see Transformers in SRW... even if they're just from the Japan-only series. The main problem is probably not one of continuity, but of popularity... it is my understanding that the Armada-Energon-Cybertron trilogy (or, rather, duology and one unrelated show, since we're talking about Japan here) didn't do well over there and since then TFs in Japan have been marketed to hardcore collectors only. I may be wrong about that, but that's what I heard.

Actually, come to think of it, the Japanese exclusive Headmasters Masterforce (sorry, TFWiki's still ailing and I was too dumb to read the text on the page of pics I linked to) series would probably be the easiest to work into SRW since it essentially makes them piloted mecha. Ahh, Minerva (http://www.terrania.us/minerva/)... <3

SAMAS
2009-03-19, 08:49 AM
My 15?

Mazinkaiser
Grendizer (it's about time, eh?)
Getter Robo G
That movie where Great, Getter G and Grenizer fight that oil-eating monster
Gravion
Gao Gai Gar
Zone of the Enders
G Gundam
Gundam Wing
Gundam F91
Crossbone Gundam
Full Metal Panic!
Virtual On
Cyberbots

Also, an idea of a mini-SRW that takes place mostly within a single city, and primarily focuses on smaller-scale stories:

Mazinger Z
Gad Guard
The Big O
Appleseed
Ghost In The Shell
Full Metal Panic.

Nerd-o-rama
2009-03-19, 12:18 PM
Mazinkaiser and Grendizer in the same game?

Snake, you've created a time paradox!

TCM
2009-03-19, 12:38 PM
K is fantastic. I consider it higher quality than W in just about every aspect.

...Guess I have 15 series I'd like to see in one SRW game.

Zeta Gundam
Char's Counterattack
Turn A Gundam
G Gundam
Gundam W (Not Endless Waltz, for once)
Gundam SEED Astray
Gun x Sword
Mazinkaiser
Eureka 7
King Gainer
Zone of the Enders: Second Runner
Macross Plus
Martian Successor Nadesico (+Prince of Darkness)
Getter Robo G (+Shin Getter)
GaoGaiGar (+FINAL)

hanzo66
2009-03-21, 02:00 PM
I feel left out due to my innate lack of experience with Robot Shows (most of these I've heard of, but never seen beyond checking TV Tropes).

I still think a show like Megas XLR would somehow fit, but not after experiencing the Eagleland Effect.

Ascension
2009-03-21, 02:25 PM
SUDDEN REALIZATION: Super Robot Wars could bring us a swordfight between 00 Raiser (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9JzumKrkNk) and Thrudgelmir (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz4WSuKa81Y&feature=channel_page).

They could fence from opposite sides of the solar system. :smallbiggrin:

Prime32
2009-03-21, 04:39 PM
You know Prime, I think you're onto something with their being something of an energy crisis as the backdrop for a Super Robot Wars game, perhaps caused by N-Jammer Spam. Geass and Gundam 00's first seasons both largely center around a conflict over energy resources, and a lot of super robot show also have something to do with "alternative" energy - not least Mazinger (the place that fronts Mazinger is called the Photonic Energy Labs or something like that), Getter (Getter Rays), Combattler (Superelectromagnetic Energy), even Evangelion (S2 Engines), GaoGaiGar (Getter Rays again, honestly), and TTGL (ditto). Britannia could invade Japan not just for Sakuradite, but for access to the research facilities for the former four.
If Britannia originally had nukes but can no longer use them, FLEIJA makes a lot more sense. (why don't they just take out the Sakuradite and make a normal nuke instead of a small Sphere of Destruction?)

Spoilers for Code Geass and Gundam 00
Both series feature all world powers merging into one controlled by the UN towards the end, as well as people who are trying to become a focus for the hate of the world in order to save it. After Lelouch fights against Celestial Being, he is inspired to follow in their footsteps?
(I've seen all of Code Geass, and read info on Gundam 00, which I am currently watching)

TamerBill
2009-03-21, 05:35 PM
SUDDEN REALIZATION: Super Robot Wars could bring us a swordfight between 00 Raiser (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9JzumKrkNk) and Thrudgelmir (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz4WSuKa81Y&feature=channel_page).

They could fence from opposite sides of the solar system. :smallbiggrin:

Amusing, but no. Thrudgelmir's never going to be used again unless they decide to bring it back in a future OG game, in which case it won't be with Gundams.

K is fantastic. I consider it higher quality than W in just about every aspect.

Personally, I'm getting kind of annoyed at the massive dearth of Reals in early-game K. Before the first route split, at about stage 14, the sum total of Reals that join you permanently are the three originals and Sara in a Panther. That's it.

Prime32
2009-03-21, 06:15 PM
Personally, I'm getting kind of annoyed at the massive dearth of Reals in early-game K. Before the first route split, at about stage 14, the sum total of Reals that join you permanently are the three originals and Sara in a Panther. That's it.

Well, it's not called Real Robot Wars.:smallwink:
(Though the anime should be - Cybuster seems to be the only one who even approaches (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHgezmjYOxA&fmt=18) the over-the-topness (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PlUTxMQgCw&fmt=18) of the games' attack animations)

TamerBill
2009-03-21, 07:01 PM
Well, it's not called Real Robot Wars.:smallwink:
(Though the anime should be - Cybuster seems to be the only one who even approaches (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHgezmjYOxA&fmt=18) the over-the-topness (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PlUTxMQgCw&fmt=18) of the games' attack animations)

It's Super Robot Wars, not Super Robot Wars. In OG1 you get, what, six Super units, total?

Tengu_temp
2009-03-21, 08:47 PM
It's Super Robot Wars, not Super Robot Wars. In OG1 you get, what, six Super units, total?

Seven, including the SRX. More if you consider Cybuster and/or Valsione to be supers.

Oslecamo
2009-03-21, 09:40 PM
Seven, including the SRX. More if you consider Cybuster and/or Valsione to be supers.

All your team is composed of tin cans that defy the laws os physics with oversized weapons and that beat the crap up from whole enemy armies whitout breaking a sweat.

How aren't they all super?

(Yes, I know that in the story some robots are considered special secret experimental models while others are called mass production models, still, I get the idea that even in that universe piloting a mecha is still something very special, even if it's old mass produced model Z)

Nerd-o-rama
2009-03-21, 11:41 PM
Well yes, all mecha are unrealistic, and they are almost always top of the line weapons (usually comparable to fighter jets or tanks at their most mundane, with a few exceptions).

The distinction between "real" and "super" robot is all about the style of presentation. Real Robots are treated as tools or weapons by their shows, Super Robots as really big superheroes. Real Robots usually also have more dedicated pseudoscience, while super robots are often written off as basically magic.

Some people prefer one style to another or, in crossovers, a balance. Then in SRW, there's the fact that most Super Robots are armor-focused tanks and most Real Robots are dodge-focused scrappers, and there's a tactical reason for wanting to have both.

Cubey
2009-03-22, 07:05 AM
The difference is as follows: if you assume that there is some technology or physics-breaking that allows you to create giant humanoids that are able to sustain their own weight, and to make these giant humanoids a feasible combat option*; then Real Robots are realistic. Super Robots are STILL unrealistic.

* How to do that? Ask Yoshiyuki Tomino. Or Shoji Gatoh.

TamerBill
2009-03-22, 10:13 AM

...there are people who don't consider Cybuster to be a Super? The Elemental Lord of the Wind, blessed with the goddess, powered by the chosen one's life force, who summons a sword from thin air to draw a magic circle to summon a bird made from living fire? Oh yeah, and it's from a magical kingdom underground and can erase people from existence by combining with said goddess....

Nerd-o-rama
2009-03-22, 12:40 PM
And then there's Valsione, the 40-foot-tall magical girl.

Some people are dumb.

Ascension
2009-03-22, 04:40 PM
Amusing, but no. Thrudgelmir's never going to be used again unless they decide to bring it back in a future OG game, in which case it won't be with Gundams.

Umm... why? What's stopping them from using it again?

TamerBill
2009-03-22, 04:54 PM
Umm... why? What's stopping them from using it again?

Originals don't get re-used like that (not since they came up with the OG games, anyway). The Alpha series is over, so Sanger and Thrud will never be used again.

Oslecamo
2009-03-22, 05:10 PM
The distinction between "real" and "super" robot is all about the style of presentation. Real Robots are treated as tools or weapons by their shows, Super Robots as really big superheroes. Real Robots usually also have more dedicated pseudoscience, while super robots are often written off as basically magic.

Ah, so the diference is that super robots are so absurd that not even the story characters try to justify how it can exist and work?

Prime32
2009-03-22, 05:19 PM
So who has seen the anime anyway?

Opening 1 (Break Out) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG3grFshOHs&fmt=18)
Opening 2 (Rising Force) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPhC7KjmBrw&fmt=18) and "fixed version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDZomqqt3DI)".

Best bits
Hey, who turned on the Granz-AAAAAAARRRGH!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9wE3QlAC_0&fmt=18)
Valsion fight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3zBsmpcroI&fmt=18)
Zengar cleaves Adler (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmwhHJ6CFGA&fmt=18)
Variable... FORMATION! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5IBlMjYpXQ&fmt=18) :smallbiggrin:
Levi's life is hell (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6r_ANZoM6Xo&fmt=18)
Tetractys. Grammaton. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHE5xbj8sf4&fmt=18)

Worst bits
I hope you played every other SRW game before watching this series (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxafC3_VhMc&fmt=18) (because this was the first scene and I had no idea wtf was going on)
Zengar tries out his fly-swatter (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBHLaFmUQ0I) (It's even more ridiculous when Elzam "defeats" Zengar immediately afterwards by using the same kind of unit)
You call that a Rampage Ghost? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvms6MUO47Y&fmt=18) (Maybe it's just the music)
These two (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8r5ZQjtQvw&fmt=18) songs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY57vODKF-I&fmt=18) were never used. :smallfrown:
No Huckebeins were harmed in the making of this series. Well, except for that one that got sucked into a black hole...

If the bad bits don't seem so bad, imagine how they looked to someone who was unfamiliar with SRW. With all those jerky pans, I could barely tell what some mechs looked like.

Also, for no reason
Cool (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D_Hu1OE9tU&fmt=18) - Tromb(on)e (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6aszCV1SCw&fmt=18) - Elemental Lord of ROCK! (No, not Zamjeed) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqh3JYSfY1w&fmt=18)

Nerd-o-rama
2009-03-22, 06:00 PM
Ah, so the diference is that super robots are so absurd that not even the story characters try to justify how it can exist and work?In a way. It's like the distinction between science fiction and fantasy. One adapts science to its storytelling, the other usually ignores it or makes up its own out of whole cloth. And of course, there's always some cross-pollination.

Or maybe Superman vs. Iron Man. One exists because with some off-hand explanation, the other exists thanks to (off-camera) engineering and super-science.

EDIT: Hey, I spy Euzeth "piloting" the Septuagint! Between him and the random-ass Dis Astranagant cameo, I assume Divine Wars' writers were Alpha Series fans. CGI still sucks and looks out of place, though. And no, I haven't seen it outside of these clips.

...and I never noticed before that Levi's hair spontaneously got shorter when she became Mai again.

Ascension
2009-03-22, 06:50 PM
Originals don't get re-used like that (not since they came up with the OG games, anyway). The Alpha series is over, so Sanger and Thrud will never be used again.

:smallmad:

Huh. I used to think it was a bad thing the non-OG games weren't ever-ever-ever going to get official translations. A game without Sanger (and Elzam, and the rest), though, is a game not worth playing.

Note: This is hyperbole, but only slightly.

SAMAS
2009-03-22, 09:30 PM
Originals don't get re-used like that (not since they came up with the OG games, anyway). The Alpha series is over, so Sanger and Thrud will never be used again. Actually, they've only done Alpha 1 and Gaiden, and maybe part of one arc in Alpha 2 and the backstory of another one. There's still over half the Alpha storyline to go: The entirety of the Sealing War and Balmar War II.

Onmi
2009-03-22, 09:43 PM
Plants his SRW Fanboy sign in the topic*

Sorry it's not a long post I'm juggling SRW K and W at the same time as J, AG and Z.

Oh yes some intresting little tidbits.

When Dancouga Nova is introduced, it's very likely Gravion will be there. Why? because one of the SPONSERS of the Dancouga Nova project is Klein Sandman.

Also we need Al-Van (Laftkranz?) vs Sanger (DaiGenGuar)

Nerd-o-rama
2009-03-23, 01:51 AM
First we need a duel between Al-Van and WARE KOSO WAAAAAA WARE KOSO WAAAAAAA BARAN DOBAN! over who gets to be Sanger's rival, since the latter had that part in (three-fourths of) Alpha 3. But then, they'll probably bring in Touma and DaiRaiOh too, so he can be Doban's rival.

I do support J being added though, if only for the Powerpuff Girls and an excuse for the Moon Cradle to actually relate to the damn plot in some manner.

TamerBill
2009-03-23, 01:17 PM
Actually, they've only done Alpha 1 and Gaiden, and maybe part of one arc in Alpha 2 and the backstory of another one. There's still over half the Alpha storyline to go: The entirety of the Sealing War and Balmar War II.

No no no, I meant the Alpha series itself is over. They're not making an Alpha 4. Thrud may well reappear in OG3, but never with Gundam 00.

Prime32
2009-03-23, 02:26 PM
Or maybe Superman vs. Iron Man. One exists because with some off-hand explanation, the other exists thanks to (off-camera) engineering and super-science.

A handy checklist to see if a mecha is a Super Robot as opposed to a Real Robot (The chances of the series being a Super Robot series rises exponentially with each item present. This, of course, doesn't apply to total parody or gag series, such as SD Gundam.):
* The robot is sentient.Sometimes.

* The robot has highly improbable or outright impossible Transformation Sequences.It fits inside a briefcase, and the pieces fly out and combine around him on their own. In the cartoon, it could also shift between different modes in physically impossible ways.

* The robot can grow in size and creates and dismisses weapons more or less at will.Second season of the cartoon only.

* The robot uses two or more of the following weapons:
o Rocket Punch
o Eye Beams
o Chest Blaster
o A ridiculously-large melee weapon (by human standards, most likely normal-sized on the robot's scale, although not always.)
o A Drill
o A weaponized tool of some sort, beyond the common drill: Screwdrivers, wrenches, hammer and nail, pliers, anything that you can find at a hardware store. Chest Blaster, and lasers from its hands. The second season of the cartoon had a "drill mode" (1:47 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H69TymiM56E&fmt=18#t=1m47s)).

* The pilot always screams the name of the attacks.Do humorous quips count? Or "Let's see how you handle the Uni-Beam!"?

* The show's title has "Muteki" ("Invincible") in it somewhere.The Invincible Iron Man. Check.

* The robot's face is flexible and capable of things such as opening and closing its mouth.No, but it still manages to show a surprising range of emotion.

* The joints are covered by what seems to be solid metal, yet are still capable of the full range of human mobility.Depends on the artist.

* Three or more separately piloted vehicles combine to form the robot.No, but Tony Stark did build one that does.

* The robot is one-of-a-kind and/or is the only line of defense between the earth (or other place to be defended) and the invading hordes.It is one-of-a-kind.

* The robot (or part of the robot) can only be piloted by one specific person, due either to a "brain-scan security system", a "unique and special power", or "destiny".The first one.

* The robot was created by the pilot's father, grandfather, or uncle.Well, he co-built it with an old Asian guy...

* The robot was designed and built by a scientist or lab independent of the government and military.Yes.

* The robot was created by an ancient civilization to battle the series's antagonists.
Possibly in one of the alternate continuities, where the Mandarin is an ancient evil.

* You (or maybe your parents) recognize the robot from a Shogun Warrior toy.No, but IIRC Tony Stark built one of the Shogun Warriors 'bots.

* All of the robots in the show, whether or not they're mass-manufactured, are unique designs based on some common theme (usually different kinds of animals).
Not really.

Nerd-o-rama
2009-03-23, 02:51 PM
Hm. Of course, most of those are affectations of the kids' cartoon, as opposed to the comic storyline. And yeah, comic storylines vary from author to author and artist to artist.

I'll give you the occasional sentience, hammerspace-resizing, chest blaster, and privately built. The Iron Man suit is not one-of-a-kind, though. Tony built several variants, and there's a number of knockoffs. Though I guess that's not necessarily not a Super Robot thing, given Mazinger Z/Mazinkaiser/Great Mazinger/Mass-Produced Great Mazinger/etc.

Prime32
2009-03-23, 04:18 PM
Hm. Of course, most of those are affectations of the kids' cartoon, as opposed to the comic storyline. And yeah, comic storylines vary from author to author and artist to artist.

I'll give you the occasional sentience, hammerspace-resizing, chest blaster, and privately built. The Iron Man suit is not one-of-a-kind, though. Tony built several variants, and there's a number of knockoffs. Though I guess that's not necessarily not a Super Robot thing, given Mazinger Z/Mazinkaiser/Great Mazinger/Mass-Produced Great Mazinger/etc.
The early Iron Man comics had "flexible joints", and those wonderful, conservation-of-energy defying capacitors. :smallbiggrin: Also, don't forget that his arch-enemy uses magic.

Ultimate Iron Man is meant to be more Real (the suit is bulky and takes a while to equip), but IIRC one issue had him project a shield over an entire island which blocked a nuclear explosion.:smallconfused:

Here is a post from a discussion on "Eastern styles vs. Western" (eventually debated to mean very little)

Take a look at Mecha examples. Here's Iron Man.

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics/images/i/iron_man-5983.gif

An All-American Character. Simple design. Easy focus (torso, head).

Japan: I'll use this custom exia as an example

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3071/2470909212_652baa31f3_o.jpg

Now you'll notice How Iron Man uses a lot of countoured, organic-ish lines and warm tones. Whereas the Gundam displays colder, mechanical tones, and a very polygonal form. The focus is less apparent. Also in comaprison Western mecha (and characters in general) tend to focus on doing more with less:

Iron Man has his Chest RT, and his Repulsors on his arms, plus a few situational gadgets. The Gundam on the other hand typically has Several beam swords, a Rifle, shoulder gatlings, an arm shield, etc. Theres nothing wrong with either style. But each is a contrast to the other.Here was my response:

I tend to disagree with your analysis of mecha

Here is Mazinger Z, one of the oldest Super Robots (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SuperRobot)
http://webzoom.freewebs.com/superrobots/articles/mazinger_z.JPG

Here is Iron Man as he appeared in House of M
http://www.marvel.com/universe3zx/images/thumb/0/03/Ironman_HoM.jpg/440px-Ironman_HoM.jpg

I'll grant you, Real Robots (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RealRobot) do tend to look more polygonal.

On another note, did I mention the first anime I saw was The New Adventures of Gigantor? (a dub (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlWaTAZUxUQ) of a remake of the first Super Robot anime (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVuzL_Ty3fo))

Prime32
2009-03-23, 05:21 PM
EDIT: Hey, I spy Euzeth "piloting" the Septuagint! Between him and the random-ass Dis Astranagant cameo, I assume Divine Wars' writers were Alpha Series fans. CGI still sucks and looks out of place, though. And no, I haven't seen it outside of these clips.
See this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_robot_wars_divine_wars

I think the explanation given is that the Divine Wars Balmarians were watching the events of the OG and Alpha universes and decided to tie Ingram to the Septuagint to prevent a repeat of what happened there. Of course, they weren't the only ones watching...

Also, "DiSRX" clip with subs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwJVR2CKans&feature=PlayList&p=C03478604BB5E822&index=73&fmt=18).

Nerd-o-rama
2009-03-25, 12:32 AM
Yeah, I'm still just confused and hating the CGI.

Anyway, SANGER, SANGER SOMBOLD (lol AGTP) has finally made his appearance in Alpha Gaiden. I have to say, I really enjoy this game so far. I just wish there was a guide or some way to know who was going to autodeploy on a mission. There's two strategy guides for the bloody thing on the entire internet, and neither of them mentions it. At least I found a reasonably reliable skill point/secret guide. On a website that's currently down, and has just fallen out of Google Cache. Man am I glad I saved it to disk.

Also, I'm a big fan of Macross units, in particular, the Macross Plus fighters (the YF-19, YF-21, and the YF-11B I dug out of a Mountain Cycle a couple levels ago.) I gave the latter to Roy Fokker for inexplicably surviving SRW Alpha. Kakizaki also inexplicably survived SRW Alpha, but he sucks.

Oh, and the Gundam Double X + G-Falcon will kill you effing dead. It's probably the best Real Robot in the game, and I don't even have the G-Bits yet. I hear the best robot overall is Mazinkaiser, though. I'll see.

SAMAS
2009-03-25, 08:53 AM
Re: Iron Man -- He's definitely a Super. For the simple reason that he is a Superhero, and not a soldier.

A better comparison, in western terms, is Iron Man compared to GI Joe.

Ascension
2009-03-25, 09:09 AM
Here is a post from a discussion on "Eastern styles vs. Western" (eventually debated to mean very little)

Not to derail this thread, but the I'll agree with the "means very little." What are, in my opinion, the two realest real robot series, BattleTech/MechWarrior (aside from the early designs stolen from Macross and some of the Star League stuff) and VOTOMS (aside from Chirico's well-nigh-invulnerability), come from the West and East respectively. There aren't many western supers, though. There's Megas, arguably Iron Man (definitely in some incarnations), Transformers (which was inspired by Japanese toys), and... and...

Prime32
2009-03-25, 12:14 PM
Transformers is debatable - the anime are definitely super (they did spawn the Yuusha franchise after all), but the original cartoon seems to have Reals which just happen to be sentient.

Compare the original movie with Energon/Super Link. In the original, Unicron is killed by a MacGuffin. In Energon he is killed by Optimus Prime merging with a legendary warrior and a god, growing to planet size and wrestling him for a while before blasting his head off.

FullPlateJacket
2009-03-25, 08:13 PM
I'm about 20-something stages into SRW K, and I'm loving it. The cast list is epic, and the animations are great for pretty much every unit. The originals didn't impress me too much at first, but they've grown on me, and from what I've seen so far the original enemies are really cool. The music is really, really good too.

Nerd-o-rama
2009-03-26, 12:10 AM
I only played about three stages before wanting to wait for a story guide, but I have to say that's the best damn BGM version of Mazinger Z I've ever heard.

hanzo66
2009-03-27, 09:10 PM
Iron Man in a SRW Game? That would be very very awesome and The Suit, despite being smaller than others could certainly take on Mook-Level Mecha via Sheer Firepower. Then again, his whole attitude (Belief in Subjection and such) might clash with the Chaotic Good ones though, so he might be given the Villain Ball.

Is it wrong for me to think of how the Western Equivalents will be thrown the Villain Role due to their lack of Hot-Bloodedness/Bishonen Status?

Alright, Robert Downey Jr. is a very fine man, but...

Oh and I've been having trouble with getting on the Message Boards, and not just during when a new comic is posted. Firefox apparently "Times Out" when I try to go on certain boards...

chiasaur11
2009-03-27, 10:44 PM
Iron Man in a SRW Game? That would be very very awesome and The Suit, despite being smaller than others could certainly take on Mook-Level Mecha via Sheer Firepower. Then again, his whole attitude (Belief in Subjection and such) might clash with the Chaotic Good ones though, so he might be given the Villain Ball.

Is it wrong for me to think of how the Western Equivalents will be thrown the Villain Role due to their lack of Hot-Bloodedness/Bishonen Status?

Alright, Robert Downey Jr. is a very fine man, but...

Oh and I've been having trouble with getting on the Message Boards, and not just during when a new comic is posted. Firefox apparently "Times Out" when I try to go on certain boards...

Comic Iron Man is usually a perfectly decent guy.

Just ignore the Civil War era. Also, brining in Marvel stuff opens the door for other Marvel mechs too.

Can you say "Disney built RoboStalin"?

If not, I totally want ROM, Spaceknight. He's even a bit angsty, so that helps.

Nerd-o-rama
2009-03-28, 01:07 AM
I would say this mainly because Japan's pop culture often holds a kind of xenophobic elitism, but really, I think Banpresto would handle it pretty alright. They're fine with even putting inproducts of their parent company's bitter rivals Takara/Tomy (Ga ga ga, ga ga ga, GaoGaiGar!), let alone foreign devils, and even to your point, they can always draw the superheroes bishonen. Especially Tony.

Must-have in next SRW: Japanese live-action Spider-Man (the one with the mech instead of webswinging as a mode of transit). Come on, you know it'd be awesome.

chiasaur11
2009-03-28, 11:10 AM
Well, you're probably right on that one.

That would be great. Besides, he's one of the fathers of the modern super robot scenarios. Only fair to give him a day in the sun.

(And the more I think on it, the better ROM, Spaceknight fits. Human sized guys have been in it for years, angsting is check, looks pretty when not a cyborg robot dude, alien from a planet where everyone is almost exactly like humans, built in enemies...)

hanzo66
2009-03-28, 02:29 PM
Hurm... I guess you guys would have a point since you have more knowledge of the games than I do.

Prime32
2009-03-31, 02:20 PM
I was unaware of this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knWHW3-hk-8&fmt=18)

hanzo66
2009-04-01, 01:50 AM
Well, I guess Tony would be given a portrayal similar to the film, IE slick, snarky Badass Bookworm.

Megas I really can't see in any role save for being an accidental villain with Coop ending up pissing off all the hero characters. He lacks the Bishonen looks to make him likeable and he lacks Hot-Bloodedness (it's more tepid). Somehow he'd be responsible for Third Impact or avert it by nuking Lilith and Tokyo-3. I'd just expect him to be a serious Xanatos Gilligan for both sides.

SAMAS
2009-04-03, 10:24 PM
But that, my boy, is what Brightslapping is for.

But another western series that would be cool would be Exosquad.

Tengu_temp
2009-04-04, 06:59 AM
Or Doozy Bots (http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=e8um1N78AhY)!

Prime32
2009-04-05, 11:22 AM
Or Doozy Bots (http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=e8um1N78AhY)!

My. Brain.

I've managed to get the Alpha Gaiden translation... and instantly been confused by all the Getter units. Also, half the mechs I start with have at least five different forms. I try "splitting" one experimentally, only to discover that I have now gone from something with two pages of attacks to half a cockpit with a pistol, and no way of recombining.:smallannoyed:

By the way, apparently I have underestimated the Hyaku-Shiki's mobility. EAT AUTO-HIT SHINESPARK! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsRpbcxZMn4&fmt=18)

yukigono
2009-04-05, 11:40 PM
I've managed to get the Alpha Gaiden translation... and instantly been confused by all the Getter units. Also, half the mechs I start with have at least five different forms. I try "splitting" one experimentally, only to discover that I have now gone from something with two pages of attacks to half a cockpit with a pistol, and no way of recombining.:smallannoyed:

By the way, apparently I have underestimated the Hyaku-Shiki's mobility. EAT AUTO-HIT SHINESPARK! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsRpbcxZMn4&fmt=18)

Ah, don't be confused by Getter, Getter Robo is awesome, 3 pilots and 3 modes that have different specializations. Although I just use Getter 1/Getter Dragon/Shin Getter 1 most of time though...

Tengu_temp
2009-04-06, 05:01 AM
My. Brain.

If it's any help, at least now you know how Zeon, despite its lack of resources, managed to produce so many Rick Doms so quickly.

Ascension
2009-04-06, 05:11 AM
Heck, with Transformers, Megas, various comic book entities, Exo Squad, BattleTech, even some stuff from the Terminator franchise... you could put together a pretty badass North American Super Robot Wars. The thing is, though, our media conglomerates aren't nearly so willing to give other people the rights to use their characters...

Nerd-o-rama
2009-04-06, 12:19 PM
Brotip: There is almost never a point to Splitting units, since the individual parts of combining robots tend to be useless, and units that have detachable cockpits (Gundams, Mazingers) are even worse, though they do make convenient escape pods. Dancouga's okay split up, but there's still really no reason to bother unless you vitally need four small damage attacks instead of one big one.

Mk Jegan
2009-04-07, 09:34 AM
Actually, in @G, if you've been upgrading Dancouga, then you get 3 moderately powered attacks, and one good one, as long as you can keep them together. Combattler and Voltes are much better off combined, but their parts are fairly agile if you need a wall of evasion tanks. Comparing them to Macross pilots, they're probably better than Kakizaki... Nevermind, they're useless. As for Core Fighters, ZZ probably has the only one worth using, and it's still not very good.

Attilargh
2009-04-08, 08:25 AM
This just in: The Battle Mastery for episode 26 of SRW:OG is a complete and utter boop.

Damn you, Sanger, and your little Type O too! Real men don't run away at 50% health! :smallmad: A Hot Blooded Rampage Ghost supported by the Tronium Cannon isn't enough to bring him down. I call shenaningas.

tyckspoon
2009-04-08, 10:36 AM
This just in: The Battle Mastery for episode 26 of SRW:OG is a complete and utter boop.

Damn you, Sanger, and your little Type O too! Real men don't run away at 50% health! :smallmad: A Hot Blooded Rampage Ghost supported by the Tronium Cannon isn't enough to bring him down. I call shenaningas.

Shenanigans indeed. This one is pretty near impossible if you haven't been prepping for it. I usually build up Grungust's Darkness Slash specifically for this kind of boss and then Support with whatever the next best available is- if nothing else is around, Latooni with a maxed out M95 works pretty well.

Ascension
2009-04-08, 01:48 PM
Luckily you can lose some of the kill-the-thing-that-wants-to-run-away Battle Masteries and still get the bonus stage. They're always going to be annoying, though.

IIRC my solution to this in OG2 was HTB Cannon + Cosmo Nova support, but I may be misremembering. It's a bit more difficult to pile damage on in OG1 (again, IIRC).

Tengu_temp
2009-04-08, 01:58 PM
Luckily you can lose a lot of the kill-the-thing-that-wants-to-run-away Battle Masteries and still get the bonus stage.

Fixed. As long as the game ends on Hard, and maybe even Medium, you get the extra stage.

Attilargh
2009-04-08, 02:48 PM
Extra stage? :smallconfused: I've been hunting the Masteries simply as a Self-Imposed Challenge.

In other news, when the Power of Love is not enough, one must use more Hot Blood!

Neppu! Shippu! Psybusteeeeeeeer!!

Tengu_temp
2009-04-08, 03:05 PM
Actually, Love > Hot Blood, as you'll see later.

And Battle Masteries affect the game's dynamic difficulty - higher difficulty has more enemies and on higher levels, which is desirable because it gives you more xp, pp and cash. Plus the extra stage and some other secrets, although I don't remember if OG1 has any other BM-related secrets.

tyckspoon
2009-04-09, 03:57 AM
Actually, Love > Hot Blood, as you'll see later.

And Battle Masteries affect the game's dynamic difficulty - higher difficulty has more enemies and on higher levels, which is desirable because it gives you more xp, pp and cash. Plus the extra stage and some other secrets, although I don't remember if OG1 has any other BM-related secrets.

It does. I think most of OG1's secrets had BM triggers, actually. OG2 favored having particular characters meeting kill/level benchmarks with a couple of critical Battle Masteries.

Nerd-o-rama
2009-04-10, 03:43 PM
Plus, I'm fairly certain you have to shoot down Sanger on level 26 to get the Shishioh Blade, which in OG1 is actually worth it (in OG2, Boosted Hammer and the Neo Plasma Stake or whatever it's called are far superior.)

Prime32
2009-04-10, 04:04 PM
In other news, when the Power of Love is not enough, one must use more Hot Blood!

Neppu! Shippu! Psybusteeeeeeeer!!
That reminds me, I should repost this here. Because I don't have to use the flimsy excuse of Divine Wars being an anime.
I can hear the wind calling
Its vibrant sound echoing deep inside of me
I have become a whirlwind
There is no one... who can ever stand in my way

Wings! Feathers shine brightly drifting through the sky
Fierce wind parting the clouds of darkness
Wind! Trusting my heart, I dive into the storm
Zephyr! Gale! Cy-y-ybuster!

Do not try hard to stop me
My burning soul, my passion is flying swift and free
I do this to protect you
I spread my wings, fly forward to another day

Wings! A flash of light, it dashes through the breeze
Shining, even in darkness it can never fade!
Wind! Far in the distance, dancing in the air

I will always remember
The horrid pain that my heart must bear silently
I will carve out a future
Protect the past, I'll do both in the time I have!

Wings! Strength from my heart wells up inside of me
Now! I can feel... my spirit blazing!
Wind! This is the battle from which I cannot flee

(Did you get that mic we mailed you, Nerdo? :smallwink:)

Prime32
2009-04-13, 09:52 AM
So from what I've heard, SRW K features a "Mexican GaoGaiGar (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx00waNiPaA&fmt=18)"

I want to watch Gun X Sword now... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15eBy4QRPgQ&fmt=18)

Tengu_temp
2009-04-13, 07:44 PM
It's also piloted by old people!

I started drawing an SRW webcomics recently. Here's what I made so far.

http://ffrpg.republika.pl/srwho001.PNG
http://ffrpg.republika.pl/srwho002.PNG

Hunter Noventa
2009-04-13, 07:59 PM
I really want to know what was on those wallscrolls now.

Oh yes, I'm playing OG2, and I just got Sanger and Ratsel. This pleases me greatly. No Combination charging horse robot attack yet, but still, it pleases me.

UglyPanda
2009-04-14, 11:51 PM
I'm decided to get into the series by playing Super Robot Wars W without any knowledge of Japanese. Yes, it is illogical, but I don't care. Anyone know what the pilot stats mean? It's the screen with BP assignment and I have no clue what any of it means or does.

Other than that, I've figured out what most of the things do through trial and error, so I'm not having any trouble gameplay-wise.

Attilargh
2009-04-15, 01:21 PM
Let it be known that Banpresto does not know maths. 17,643 is not 50% of Ingram's 35,000 hit points, and he shouldn't thus run away when I knock his health down to that amount.

In short, boop it all to heck, I have to do all this over again. :mad:

Tengu_temp
2009-04-15, 01:24 PM
Ah yes, those games tend to do that with bosses who run away at X% - it's usually slightly higher than X.

Oslecamo
2009-04-15, 05:35 PM
Ah yes, those games tend to do that with bosses who run away at X% - it's usually slightly higher than X.

Actually, I think the game is just rounding it. 17643 it's roughly 50.409% of 35000. The game can't interpret 50.409%, so it turns it into the nearest integer, aka 50%. The boss sees himself at half life, and runs the hell away from the battle.

Tengu_temp
2009-04-15, 05:56 PM
Yeah, that's what I meant, I just couldn't find the correct expression.

Tengu_temp
2009-04-16, 11:01 AM
I'm pretty sure you know this already, but I'm linking it regardless. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBi2jBQThiA)

Oslecamo
2009-04-16, 04:00 PM
Wow, pure awesome concentrated, really SRW worthy!

Also I must know, wich version of SRW is that with the awesome 3D graphics?

One final question: I'm currently trying to enter the SRW games, but I like to play my games by the in-game story order. Original generation 1 and 2 are the beggining of the story right?

Cubey
2009-04-16, 05:46 PM
The good graphics games are either OGs (OG 1 + 2, rereleased on PS2 with improved graphics and some stuff added in), or Alpha 2/3.

Each sub-series is its own continuity. The Original Generation continuity has OG1, 2, and OG Gaiden. The first two are for GBA or for PS2 as OGs, the third is for PS2 only. The Alpha continuity has A1 and Alpha Gaiden for PS1, as well as A2 and A3 for PS2. The classic timeline had (I'm not 100% sure) SRW 1-4, in that order. Others are pretty much standalone.

Only OG 1 and OG 2 were translated into English and released on the western market (and Endless Frontier, but that's not strictly a SRW game). If you want to play others, you either play in Moonspeak or find a fan translation, like Alpha Gaiden.

Oslecamo
2009-04-17, 04:18 AM
If you want to play others, you either play in Moonspeak or find a fan translation, like Alpha Gaiden.

Well, I've been itching to learn japanese for years now, not only for games but also for manga. Guess it's the time to start to get serious about it.

But before that, what's Moonspeack?

Prime32
2009-04-17, 08:15 AM
It's also piloted by old people!

I started drawing an SRW webcomics recently. Here's what I made so far.

http://ffrpg.republika.pl/srwho001.PNG
http://ffrpg.republika.pl/srwho002.PNG

I had an idea for a comic/flash/thing:

Soundwave from Transformers Animated (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-4RoijPt2A&fmt=18) has re-formed in the sewers! He is using his music powers to make the Dinobots bow before him! Nothing can stand in hi- *Trombe begins playing*

Cut to the street above, with Ratsel entering a cafe and ordering a coffee. As he drinks it, a blue robotic arm attempts to claw its way out of a manhole, then is pulled back in accompanied by girlish screams.

Tengu_temp
2009-04-17, 10:35 AM
Those sunglasses can't be a coincidence.
I might use your idea when I run out of mine.

But before that, what's Moonspeack?

A nickname for Japanese language.

Prime32
2009-04-17, 11:10 AM
Those sunglasses can't be a coincidence.
I might use your idea when I run out of mine.
Actually, he's more like Mic Sounders. The toy even has a guitar (which transforms into a bird).

As for the glasses... search for the "Squirtle Squad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgEDX1llJ04&fmt=18)".

chiasaur11
2009-04-17, 11:18 AM
Actually, he's more like Mic Sounders. The toy even has a guitar (which transforms into a bird).

As for the glasses... search for the "Squirtle Squad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgEDX1llJ04&fmt=18)".

Heck, Soundwave's awesome optics date back further.

Ever heard of a British comic called ABC warriors?

Based on that.

hanzo66
2009-04-21, 12:57 AM
I think this might be appropriate to share with the audience...

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs38/f/2008/328/1/b/Red_Vs__Blue_by_Inkmonkey_Woodis.png

Prime32
2009-04-21, 11:03 AM
I think this might be appropriate to share with the audience...

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs38/f/2008/328/1/b/Red_Vs__Blue_by_Inkmonkey_Woodis.png
Well, the audience does tend to dig giant robots.

I came across a Youtube video of four Elzams attacking Zengar, but I can't find it. :smallfrown:

Prime32
2009-04-29, 02:01 PM
Is there nothing more to say here?

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd54/Prime32_temp/OotS/oots_lacus.pnghttp://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd54/Prime32_temp/OotS/oots_aya.png
Lacus: "Oh, I'm so sorry. I hope we haven't done anything to offend all of you! :frown: Let's say sorry, Mr. Pink."
Haro: "Whoa! Whee!"
Aya: "Haro's bouncing... it's almost hypnotic..."

SAMAS
2009-05-01, 10:04 AM
Well, OG Saga's coming out today!

Tengu_temp
2009-05-01, 02:25 PM
I've been playing... well, I've been watching Cubey playing @3 lately. I like how it has Daimos, the robot I vaguely remember from my childhood.

Which path? Selena of course. It's the only one where Ibis joins!