PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Slashing and Bludgeoning

Keld Denar
2009-03-16, 02:45 AM
I'm looking for a weapon that is both Slashing and Bludgeoning. The reasoning behind this is that I'd like to abuse both Greater Mighty Wallop (Races of the Dragon, bludgeoning weapon increase in size) and Whirling Blade (slashing weapon makes attacks at range).

So far, every weapon I've seen is either PS or PB. Do SB weapons exist?

Tempest Fennac
2009-03-16, 02:50 AM
I think I saw an Exotic weapon called a Wolf Hammer in the Arms and Equipment Guide, or a similar book, but I can't remember its stats.

MeklorIlavator
2009-03-16, 02:53 AM
Well, according to crystal keep, there's the Gyrspike (DU126 p95) and the Executioner’s Mace (DU135 p61).

Also, for weapons that are S or B there is the Kaua’koi (DR352 p72).

Note:
DR### – Dragon Magazine (with issue number)(e.g., DR343 is Dragon Magazine #343)

DU## – Dungeon Magazine (with issue number)

MustacheFart
2009-03-16, 03:23 AM
I'm not sure about weapons that do both unfortunately. The only thing I can think of would be Versatile Unarmed Strike (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Versatile_Unarmed_Strike,all), which I'm sure you are already aware of. That would let you switch between the 2 damage types; however, I'm sure your looking to use them simultaneously.

Talic
2009-03-16, 04:39 AM
Slashing OR Bludgeoning will work as well.

When you cast Greater Mighty Wallop, is the Weapon Bludgeoning? Yes.

When you use Whirling Blade, is the Wepaon Slashing? Yes.
The wallop effect doesn't end when you use it as slashing.

Now, if you were to try to use a feat that required you be attacking with a bludgeoning weapon, it would only work while the weapon was being used as bludgeoning. But the spell? It doesn't recheck the target for legality.

EDIT: In fact, I believe one of the weapon enhancements from MIC allows you to shift a weapon between different weapons. Based on the wording, that may work as well.

ericgrau
2009-03-16, 09:04 AM
Sounds cheesy. Sharp cheddar might cut it (please don't kill me).

Fax Celestis
2009-03-16, 09:21 AM
Bite attacks are BPS.

EDIT: Also, a slashing polearm can be a bludgeoning one if you take the Short Haft feat.

bosssmiley
2009-03-16, 09:21 AM
Didn't Gorbash Kazdar create an exotic S/B combo weapon some time ago? It was in the same collection that he introduced the cavalry sabre, throwing knives as ammo, and (IIRC) a bunch of Chinese-inspired monk weapons.

Graymayre
2009-03-16, 09:34 AM
Bite attacks are BPS.

Thank you Fax, I just imagined some ordinary guy's jaw enlarging and stretching out for a reach attack. :smallsmile:

tsatthoggua
2009-03-16, 10:07 AM
There's a double weapon in the Arms & Equipment guide that sports a longsword as one of the heads and a flail as the other.

Starbuck_II
2009-03-16, 10:28 AM
Thank you Fax, I just imagined some ordinary guy's jaw enlarging and stretching out for a reach attack. :smallsmile:

So what he throws his teeth like a batarang (Batman boomerang)?