PDA

View Full Version : Insanowar 3: Mud Fight!

Pages : [1] 2

Reinholdt
2009-03-16, 08:14 PM
Welcome to Insanowar

Da Rules:

1.) There are five players, each of which represent a commander of their army.

2.) Each player takes turns choosing some powerful character, semi-powerful group of characters, or large mob of expendable non-characters from any sort of media. Examples: The TMNTs, a Dreadnought from 40K, a mob of kobolds.

3.) When each player has 10 selections, the game begins.

4.) A map will be provided showing the layout of the battlefield. Each person will have a base of operations with which they can wage war. Note that each base is about 2 turns away from each other.

5.) A static turn order is established. In each turn, the player dictates what their troops are doing, as far as the opponent can see. Secret actions need not be reported (although it is good sportsmanship to give hints as to what your are planning).

6.) When troops engage, the person whose turn the engagement took place on decides the outcome, which will usually NOT be all one way. If there is any friendly dispute (and the dispute WILL be friendly, or else), other players/playgrounders chime in with their opinions. If no consensus is reached, it's a 50/50 slaughter.

7.) The winner is the one who wins.

Da Guidelinez:

1.) You can't choose anyone TOO powerful. No gods, demigods, anything like that. Make it something that's about the same power level as the other troops on the field.

2.) Don't be a jerk. The objective here is to have fun--frankly, who wins and who loses is pretty arbitrary anyway. This game is definitely straddling the line between Silly and Structured.

3.) Respect Awesomeness. If a player is pulling off something that's just too awesome to believe, that should aid his victory.

4.) Enjoy yourself. Seriously, guys.

The turn order is as follows:

Shadowcaller
Saint Nil
Recaiden
Fin
Mordokai

Reinholdt
2009-03-17, 11:14 AM
ARMY LISTS

Shadowcaller - Gate 1 & Gate 2 & Most of Base & Tower
Marduk
10 2 Dimir Infiltrators
Kratos
5-Man WoW party
SSV Normandy + Crew(Ashley Williams, Garrus Vakarian, Urdnot Wrex, Tali'Zorah nar Rayya and Commander Shepard, Liara T'Soni, Kaidan Alenko)
Szadek, Lord of Secrets
100 Chimpanzees on segways
The A-Team
MacGuyver
Ceiling Cat --> Happy Cat

Saint Nil - Gate 1 & Gate 2 & base --> The DreadNought
Yami Yugi (the abridged series version)
Sizemore
Wanda
20non-plot important flying ganmen
Big Boss
Darth Vader
Five Power Rangers and their Megazords
Four BlackMages
20 Santa Elves
Mordokai --> Darth Mordenkainen & his mini-ganman

Recaiden - Gate 1 & Gate 2
Yuji & Marlene (No equipment)
Sun Stealer
Charlene McGee "Charlie"
Chell & Portal Gun & Weighted Companion Cube
Sandry, Daja, Tris, Briar, Chime
Magiere, Leesil, Chap
Eradicator Hexapod (strengthened)
Mastermind
Cliff Racer flock - 150
Orihime Inoue

Fin - Gate 1 & Gate 2
Roland Deschain
Gene Starwind
Bucky O'Hare with crew/ship
352.7 0.6 slow zombies
Audrey II
Gingerbread Golem
One Aussie Rules Football Team
Belkar Bitterleaf
Jarlaxle --> A Diatryma
30 Gremlins

Mordokai - Gate 1 & Gate 2 & Parts of Base Wall
Calvin and Hobbes
Captain Caveman and Teen Angels
Danger Mouse and Penfold
Korgoth
100 cannon fodder soldiers
Alma --> 2 animated flesh-eating... gates...
Sephiroth
Waldo
Frank Castle
10 Grey Knights

Neutral - 5000 Jello Goons

Reinholdt
2009-03-17, 11:22 AM
Alright, folks, here's the map!

http://www.chocolatehammer.org/wp-content/gallery/general/insanowarmap.jpg

Top Base is Shadowcaller's. The other bases are assigned as per turn order, counterclockwise. The field is littered with rocks, many of which are large enough to provide cover.

The field is otherwise flat. I figured we'd start with a simple map to iron out all the little snags, then later matches would have complex terrain. ((In other words, I can't draw so I'm using what I've already got.))

Each base is blocked off by two massive gates, which can be magically opened by the psychic powers of the warlord who owns them or nonmagically opened by a hell of a lot of concentrated, sustained firepower. Neither base can be teleported, flown, or passed ethereally into. You can fly/teleport/pass ethereally out of your own base.

Each base is a tower, very solid, containing:

1.) A ground floor, used as a combination garage and hangar

2.) A second floor, a sprawling barracks

3.) A third floor, a metalworker's shop.

4.) A fourth floor, a big empty space.

Also, each base is stocked with enough lumber to build a small cabin, enough iron to build a few machines, and enough electronics supplies to make a couple basic computers. To get any more, you'll have to raid the stash of an opponent.

In addition, each base is stocked with 15 laborers. These laborers are magic constructs, and cannot fight, be used as shields, or contribute in any way to the conflict besides doing simple construction and simple repairs. They can be killed, easily.

Reinholdt
2009-03-17, 11:44 AM
Alrighty! Most all of that was stolen from Rutskarn. *gives credit to*

We can now start the recruitment phase! Round 1 of this, you pick one unit.
Round 2 two.
Round 3 three.
Round 4 four.

If you pick someone or something less well known, make sure you include information about it, either through link or description.

Round 1. Shadowcaller starts off.

Shadowcaller
2009-03-17, 01:33 PM
The first unit I'm going to pick is the demon Marduk from the PC-game Sacrifice (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacrifice_(computer_game)).

Marduk is about as large as a human being and can use a number of spells and summons.

I'm going to limit Marduk to only be able to summon two of these (http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/14060/sacrifice/images/sacrifice003.html) (the huge white winged creature).

If they would die Marduk would be able to re-summon them. Marduk's most powerful, non-summon spell is this (http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/14060/sacrifice/images/sacrifice004.html) (see the huge pillar of fire up there?).

This spell can only be cast if Marduk can see the ground he is casting it upon. Marduk also got a number of other less powerful spells such as fireball, heal and chain-lighting (I don't think I need to link those).

In melee combat Marduk is nothing, he only uses his spells to do anything. But however, he is quite hard to kill since he is automatically healing himself all the time, but enough damage in a short amount of time would bring him down.

Marduk

Saint Nil
2009-03-17, 03:45 PM
Okay, I'm next then.

I choose Yami Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged series, whose main power is being the main character!

Recaiden
2009-03-17, 04:23 PM
I choose Yuji Kaido and Marlene Angel from Blue Gender, in Double Edge and Sniper class armored shrikes. The Shrikes are wheeled mechs made to fight giant bugs in ranged and melee combat. The Double Edge has a pair of bladed limbs in addition to fists and guns, and can only be used well by Yuji. He is related to the giant bugs, making him an exceptional fighter, but prone to berserk rages. Marlene is just a trained soldier and the Sniper is pretty much what it sounds like.

Army List

1. Yuji & Marlene

Fin
2009-03-19, 02:44 AM
Roland Deschain the Gunslinger from the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. He is a crack shot with his revolvers, has one mega-sharp dagger, a spiffy cowboy hat and an all round bad-ass attitude. He will be joining the fight before he meets Eddie Dean in the novels so he will have both his revolvers for some dual wielding action!

Army List:

1. Roland Deschain

Mordokai
2009-03-19, 03:48 AM
Calvin and Hobbes will be my first unit! I realise there's two of them, but I think everybody can agree they count as one :smallbiggrin: With the power of wits, sarcasm and annoyance, nothing can stand in their way! Plus the ability to transform into one of many Calvin's alteregos and Hobbes's prowess at math... all the better! Oh, the ability to have flying time machine, transmogrifier, duplicator and atomic cerebral enhance-O-tron... all for a price of cardboard box... really, what's not to like! :smallbiggrin:

Army list:

1. Calvin and Hobbes

Hyozo
2009-03-19, 04:11 AM
Calvin and Hobbes will be my first unit! I realise there's two of them, but I think everybody can agree they count as one :smallbiggrin: With the power of wits, sarcasm and annoyance, nothing can stand in their way! Plus the ability to transform into one of many Calvin's alteregos and Hobbes's prowess at math... all the better! Oh, the ability to have flying time machine, transmogrifier, duplicator and atomic cerebral enhance-O-tron... all for a price of cardboard box... really, what's not to like! :smallbiggrin:

That is an interesting choice with a good chance of being made of awesome and win. I have an idea of how I would beat him, but I'm not a part of this game, so I won't give anybody any ideas.

Oh! Don't mind me! I'm just here to watch the epicness unfold.

billtodamax
2009-03-19, 04:27 AM
Oh I'm pretty sure someone will just kill them as soon as they're left exposed. It tended to be what happened in the other game. Still, it was a good pick.

@V: Well, in the last game there were two time travelling parties, and I believe Reinholdt used on to his advantage, getting back a fair few members of his army back as a result, instead of him playing the game out with only Fox.

Shadowcaller
2009-03-19, 05:28 AM

Army list:

1. Calvin and Hobbes

Cool choice, but...
Is time travel allowed?:smallconfused:

Selrahc
2009-03-19, 05:34 AM
In the first game Time Travel was the equivalent of one do-over per time machine. Reinholdt captured one of my time machines, and undid the casualties of his tower, the other time machine wasn't used.

Shadowcaller
2009-03-19, 05:37 AM
In the first game Time Travel was the equivalent of one do-over per time machine. Reinholdt captured one of my time machines, and undid the casualties of his tower, the other time machine wasn't used.

That make sense I guess, I was more worried about the extrem abuse a time-machine could do.

Edit: My next pick will be 10 Dimir Infiltrators (http://www.jndssportscards.com/servlet/the-168/Dimir-Infiltrator,-Ravnica,-MTG,/Detail), contradictory to the image they are (at least in the novels) always invisible spirits, unless their natural invisibility is negated by powerful magic (no, throwing a bucket of color on them do not work as seen in the novels).

They can move without making a sound and are often used as spies or assassins.

Marduk
10 Dimir Infiltrators

Saint Nil
2009-03-19, 07:05 AM
Okay, for my second unit, I would like Sizemore the Dirtomancer from Erfworld.
EDIT-Thanks to Mordokai's notice, I can also get Wanda the Croakamancer.

1.Yami Yugi(Abridged)
2. Sizemore
3.Wanda

V-Your right! Thank you!

Mordokai
2009-03-19, 07:06 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we're supposed to select two units this turn?

Also, I don't think Shadowcaller realises just how time traveling works in Calvin&Hobbes :smallsmile:

Reinholdt
2009-03-19, 11:04 AM
Mordokai is indeed correct. Two choices this go around. So Shadowcaller has another choice to make. And indeed, time machines can be used for a one-shot mulligan as was shown in the first game.

Of course, knowing Calvin and Hobbes, they are as likely to do as much damage to themselves as good trying to use theirs. :smalltongue:

Just remember the guidelines about fun and everything should be good.

Shadowcaller
2009-03-19, 11:38 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we're supposed to select two units this turn?

Also, I don't think Shadowcaller realises just how time traveling works in Calvin&Hobbes :smallsmile:

Of course I do, I was more worried that the player with it should abuse it in some way (players can't be trusted with these things).

Also, my second pick this round would be Kratos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kratos_(God_of_War)) from God of War (the first game that is).

Marduk
10 Dimir Infiltrators
Kratos

Fin
2009-03-19, 11:41 AM
Gah!... One of my picks!... STOLEN!!!

Recaiden
2009-03-19, 05:52 PM
My first pick is Sun Stealer, an Amarantin AI from Revelation Space, in one of the combat spacesuits he had near the end. He's very skilled at computer hacking. Here, having no physical body, he's an empty suit of power armor. The armor has a lot of offensive power and a ridiculous variety of weapons but doesn't have too many defenses.

My second pick is Charlene McGee, from Firestarter. A little girl around 8 years old with psychic powers. Mainly, telekinesis and very strong pyrokinesis. Very little if any mind affecting powers. TV sequel? I have no idea what you're talking about.

Army List

1. Yuji & Marlene
2. Sun Stealer
3. Charlene McGee "Charlie"

Fin
2009-03-19, 06:11 PM
Gene Starwind (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Starwind) with his Caster, basically a gun that fires epic shells. As such he will be without his ship/crew.

To make up for the lack of said ship/aerial threat I will be recruiting Bucky, Captain Bucky O'Hare and his ship/crew. If I need to link this one to help people understand then they don't deserve to...

Army:
1. Roland Deschain
2. Gene Starwind
3. Bucky O'Hare with crew/ship

Mordokai
2009-03-19, 06:33 PM
For my next units... first, I'll choose Captain Caveman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD36ZhpHPpE)(with Teen Angels) and Danger Mouse (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrM0E9pag8E)! Yes, Penfold included :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

Army list:

1. Calvin and Hobbes
2. Captain Caveman and Teen Angels
3. Danger Mouse and Penfold

Reinholdt
2009-03-19, 06:37 PM
Three choices this time around.

Shadowcaller
2009-03-19, 08:02 PM
I pick one WoW (World of Warcraft) 5-man party (One Discipline Priest, one Feral Druid, one Retribution Paladin, one Unholy Death Knight, one Fire Mage.)

SSV Normandy + Crew (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_of_Mass_Effect) (Commander Shepard, Ashley Williams, Liara T'Soni, Garrus Vakarian, Urdnot Wrex, Tali'Zorah nar Rayya, Kaidan Alenko)
From the PC-Game Mass Effect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_Effect).

Szadek, Lord of Secrets (http://sales.starcitygames.com/cardsearch.php?singlesearch=Szadek%2C+Lord+of+Secr ets), a powerful vampire that drinks knowledge instead of blood. He can fly and don't have any of the "traditional" vampires weaknesses except for sunlight of course. He can like Marduk be killed by enough damage in a short amount of time (but can heal himself drinking knowledge of his victims.)

Marduk
10 Dimir Infiltrators
Kratos
5-Man WoW party
SSV Normandy + Crew
Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Saint Nil
2009-03-19, 08:09 PM
Okay, my three picks

4. 20 non plot important flying ganmen. ANyone who has seen Gurren Laggan knows that this is not overpowered.

5. Big Boss from Metal Gear Solid 3

6. Darth Vader.:smallamused:

Recaiden
2009-03-19, 09:35 PM
My 4th pick is Chell and the Weighted Companion Cube. Chell may or may not be just a person. Mainly, she has the Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device, which fires 2 connected portals. The Companion Cube is an inanimate cube with a heart on each face.

My 5th pick is the four main characters from the Circle of Magic Series. Young magic using people, with exceptional powers even in magic, whose main talent seems to be getting into horrible situations. Named Sandry, Daja, Tris, and Briar; their powers are thread, metal, weather, and plants, respectively. Also, a tiny glass dragon named Chime, who is Tris's pet.

My 6th pick is the group of vampire hunters Magiere, Leesil, and Chap from the Saga of the Noble Dead. Magiere is a 1/2 vampire, and becomes much stronger and faster and more vampiric when angry or hurt. She has a magic sword designed to fight vampires and a bone amulet that lets her use more vampire powers. Leesil is a 1/2 elf assassin, usually drunk. Chap is a bluish monster hunting dog.

Army List

1. Yuji & Marlene
2. Sun Stealer
4. Chell & Cube
5. Sandry, Daja, Tris, Briar, Chime
6. Magiere, Leesil, Chap

Rutskarn
2009-03-19, 10:49 PM
Well, Recaiden has the companion cube. It's over already.

billtodamax
2009-03-20, 03:35 AM
That companion cube is going to hold down so many buttons.
(not sarcasm)

Fin
2009-03-21, 05:29 AM
Ooh me!

4. 500... 1000? Zombies, the useless ambling shuffling type! I need somone else to determine how many I can have!

5. Audrey II (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audrey_II). The plant from 'The Little Shop Of Horrors'.

6. A Gingerbread Golem (http://www.giantitp.com/articles/Cc85LTNvTgOuH1xTRjz.html).

Which means my army is as follows;

1. Roland Deschain
2. Gene Starwind
3. Buck O'Hare (Plus Ship/Crew)
4. 500-1000 Zombies
5. Audrey II
6. A Gingerbread Golem

Rutskarn
2009-03-21, 11:36 AM
Well, if they're the slow, shambling firewood kind, probably around 200 would be right.

Keep in mind, though, this is only a suggestion. This is Reinholdt's thread, after all.

Selrahc
2009-03-21, 11:56 AM
Well, if they're the slow, shambling firewood kind, probably around 200 would be right.

These guys are *worse* than an unarmed civilian non combatant. I'd say 600 or so wouldn't cause too big a hassle. They can't break the gates, they can't kill the big things, and anyone who can run can get away from them.

Although I don't think there would be that big a difference in the narrative between 100 and 1000.

Also, Fin I'd reconsider taking Zombies at all, since one of your enemies has already picked a powerful croka(necro)mancer, and it seems to just be asking for trouble. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2009-03-21, 01:00 PM
Awww gee. I don't know.
Selrahc's right though. It probably won't matter in terms of narration. They'll get shredded by some sort of area attack as they spend a day trying to cross the field, no doubt.

I'm going to compromise and say 352.7 zombies.

Fin
2009-03-21, 01:06 PM
I'm going to compromise and say 352.7 zombies.

Cool, I like that figure. But be warned that 0.7 of a zombie (missing leg?) is gonna survive dammit!

Mordokai
2009-03-21, 06:39 PM
My turn, I think.

Korgoth of Barbaria. Look it up on youtube, I'm not pasting links since I'm pretty sure it's again forum policy.
100(?) Cannon Fodder (http://screenshots.en.softonic.com/en/scrn/51000/51533/3_cannonfodder_cover.jpg) soldiers. Too many? Too little, if anything. Anybody playing the games knows these guys are pushover. One shot and they are dead.
Lets see, lets seee... Alma (http://e-resimler.net/upload/galeri/Fear_oyun_resimleri_posterleri_masast_duvar_katlar .jpg), from F.E.A.R.

Army List:

1. Calvin and Hobbes
4. Korgoth
5. 100 cannon fodder soldiers
6. Alma

Reinholdt
2009-03-21, 08:39 PM
No real clue on that one Mord, so I'll just take it as you give it.
Last round. Four picks.

Shadowcaller
2009-03-21, 09:06 PM
I'm done, behold my mighty legions!

Marduk
10 Dimir Infiltrators
Kratos
5-Man WoW party
SSV Normandy + Crew
Szadek, Lord of Secrets
100 of Chimpanzees on segways (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp9Gm-aRe5A&feature=channel)
The A-Team
MacGuyver
Ceiling Cat

Saint Nil
2009-03-21, 09:10 PM
NO!!! He stole MacGuyver!!!:smallfrown:

Okay, change of plans.

7.A squad of five powerrangers, including their Megazords
8.4 Blackmages from Final Fantasy Tatics
9.20 of Santa's elves
10.Mordokai:smallamused:

Recaiden
2009-03-21, 09:35 PM
I'm pretty sure Rutskarn said we are part of our own army, as the leader who is not on the battle field. I suppose he could be working part time in another army. Or maybe it's a parallel Mordokai.

Reinholdt
2009-03-21, 09:39 PM
I'm going to leave that one up to Mordokai. If it needs to be changed, Nil gets a re-pick later. Feel free to continue in the meantime.

Recaiden
2009-03-21, 11:16 PM
Picks
Scrin Eradicator Hexapod
Scrin Mastermind
Cliff Racers
Orihime Inoue

My 7th pick is a Scrin Eradicator Hexapod (http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Eradicator_Hexapod) Command & Conquer. Very large 6 legged cybernetic mech. Attacks with plasma disk cannons, can assimilate other scrin and take their abilities.

My 8th pick is a Scrin Mastermind (http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Mastermind) from Command & Conquer. Special unit that can mind control a single enemy or group, such as a tank crew. It has to maintain control and loses it if killed. The control needs line of sight at a short range to establish, but can be maintained over distance. It can also teleport itself and can teleport other units 1 way. It is armed with an anti-infantry disintegrater weapon.

My 9th pick is a massive flock of cliff racers (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cliff%20racer) from The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind. I'm not sure how many there should be. Cliff racers are the most hated monster of the game. They are a 4 winged legless pterosaur that attacks with a clublike tail. They are notable for seeming to always take at least 2 attacks to kill, no matter how strong you seem to be, although theoretically they could be killed with one shot. On the other hand, a level 1 average person has a decent chance of killing one. 150?

My final pick is Orihime Inoue (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orihime_Inoue) from Bleach. Her powers are based in 6 fairy-like creatures that are her hairclips. She can heal, put up a very string shield, and split things in half, but dislikes fighting and is very reluctant to attack. Due to the very strong levels which her healing powers get to further in the series, (resurrection) I think she should be limited in using that, perhaps to just once, although it does take time to complete. She is very random and comes up with crazy ideas.

Army List

1. Yuji & Marlene
2. Sun Stealer
4. Chell & Cube
6. Magiere, Leesil, Chap
7. Eradicator Hexapod
8. Mastermind
9. Cliff Racer flock - 150?
10. Orihime Inoue

Darkcomet
2009-03-21, 11:17 PM
Picks
Scrin Eradicator Hexapod

o.O

And I thought my two Mammoths were iffy over in #2...

Duos
2009-03-21, 11:27 PM
Damnit, I missed the sign up while I was away. Oh well. I'll just sign up for the next one. I have a team brewing that will be immediately destroyed because of how threatening it is.

Recaiden
2009-03-21, 11:30 PM
Not having played the game, I have no idea how powerful it actually is.

Is a mechapede still too strong?
How many shard walkers is too many?
2 battlemechs?
1 Land-Air battlemech?
2 different Battlemechs?

Maybe I'm underestimating mechs cause I used the Aquila stupidly in Insanowar I and it died on the first round of fighting.

Lelouch Lamperouge?
Bodhi?
A vampiric tree-squid?
Kineticlops?
Shirayuki Mizore?
That one guy with psychic powers?

Darkcomet
2009-03-21, 11:32 PM
Meh, you should be fine. Metal Gear friggin' Rex was accepted last time.

Reinholdt
2009-03-21, 11:42 PM
I've never played Morrowind, so until someone who has comes in and says something, the cliff racer flock will be set at 150.

Recaiden
2009-03-21, 11:45 PM
The best weapon against a cliff racer is numbers. They can be deadly when the greatly outnumber the opponent, but are not individually strong. (just individually annoying)

Rutskarn
2009-03-22, 01:12 AM
Hm. On the one hand, 150 seems high just because Cliff Racers are so damn annoying to fight...but factoring in the use of ranged weapons, I suppose that's about right.

Mordokai
2009-03-22, 03:31 AM
I'm going to leave that one up to Mordokai. If it needs to be changed, Nil gets a re-pick later. Feel free to continue in the meantime.

Whatever works. I'm fine with it.

And a little interested to see how Nil will handle me :smalltongue: I just hope he doesn't consider me cannon fodder...

Selrahc
2009-03-22, 05:24 AM
Meh, you should be fine. Metal Gear friggin' Rex was accepted last time.

A mech that can be killed by one man with an RPG launcher? What was the problem with that?

Darkcomet
2009-03-22, 08:49 AM
You do have a point. If I recall, Rex was more useful dead than alive.

Recaiden
2009-03-22, 09:24 AM
Hm. On the one hand, 150 seems high just because Cliff Racers are so damn annoying to fight...but factoring in the use of ranged weapons, I suppose that's about right.

That was my thought process.

On the suvject of the eradicator, the only thing I can think of that seems similar is a GIL-M with a ranged weapon, which is a horrifying and incredibly overpowered concept. Then again, it is supposed to be innacurate and vulnerable to air. :smallconfused:

Darkcomet
2009-03-22, 09:32 AM
*looks around*

Do you guys mind if I stash my tanks in here? Everyone in #2 wants to steal them... :smalleek::smalltongue:

Recaiden
2009-03-22, 09:38 AM
*looks around*

Do you guys mind if I stash my tanks in here? Everyone in #2 wants to steal them... :smalleek::smalltongue:

Sure Bring them right in.:smallbiggrin:

Darkcomet
2009-03-22, 10:06 AM

I'm leaving now.

*leaves with tanks*

billtodamax
2009-03-22, 04:56 PM
*Puts on fake mustache*
e-hem. Don't worry, I'm sure they'll be safe here.

Recaiden
2009-03-22, 06:18 PM
I'm sure one of Fin's last picks can steal protect your tanks. No need to run.

Fin
2009-03-22, 06:25 PM
Cool, last four choices!

6. One Aussie Rules Football Team - Basically the meanest game in the world!

7. Belkar Bitterleaf - Provided he isn't too awesome!

8. Jarlaxle - Of Forgotten Realms fame, with his usual supply of tricks!

9. I have nothing really big yet, so I'm gonna go with 30 Gremlins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gremlins). :smallamused:

10. Hmm, choice number 10 should be super epic awesome win sooo... Cake! - More specifically the Cake from the end of the closing credits of the game Portals.

My Army
1. Roland Deschain
2. Gene Starwind
4. 500-1000 Zombies
5. Audrey II
6. A Gingerbread Golem
7. One Aussie Rules Football Team
8. Jarlaxle
9. 30 Gremlins
10. Belkar Bitterleaf

Reinholdt
2009-03-22, 06:27 PM
Cool, last four choices!

6. One Aussie Rules Football Team - Basically the meanest game in the world!

7. Belkar Bitterleaf - Provided he isn't too awesome!

8. Jarlaxle - Of Forgotten Realms fame, with his usual supply of tricks!

9. I have nothing really big yet, so I'm gonna go with 30 Gremlins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gremlins). :smallamused:

10. Hmm, choice number 10 should be super epic awesome win sooo... Cake! - More specifically the Cake from the end of the closing credits of the game Portals.

My Army
1. Roland Deschain
2. Gene Starwind
4. 500-1000 Zombies
5. Audrey II
6. A Gingerbread Golem
8. Jarlaxle
9. 30 Gremlins
10. Cake!

So... you have five choices here. Which four are you going with?

Recaiden
2009-03-22, 06:32 PM
He left Belkar out of his army list. That might just be a mistake.

billtodamax
2009-03-22, 06:41 PM
Hey, AFL isn't the meanest game in the world! I'd say rugby. It's like american football without padding.

Fin
2009-03-23, 09:39 AM
Ooops! I knew I had done something wrong because Cake was not in my original plan, so get rid of that please! It was a joke anyway!

And AFL is worse than rugby trust me. You can high tackle in AFL which you can't do in rugby. Plus being from England means rugby isn't all that exotic to me, so I'll stick with AFL!

Reinholdt
2009-03-23, 09:48 AM
Ooops! I knew I had done something wrong because Cake was not in my original plan, so get rid of that please! It was a joke anyway!

And AFL is worse than rugby trust me. You can high tackle in AFL which you can't do in rugby. Plus being from England means rugby isn't all that exotic to me, so I'll stick with AFL!

... Fin... without... cake? :smalleek:
I...
I need to go lie down.

Fin
2009-03-23, 10:50 AM
... Fin... without... cake? :smalleek:
I...
I need to go lie down.

:biggrin:

Don't worry he'll be there. He'll be resting on his commanders shoulder rather than down with the actual fighting troops!

Mordokai
2009-03-23, 03:02 PM
My last picks, I believe. Better make them them count. Hmmm...

How would you feel about Sephiroth?
Or Waldo?
Maybeeee... Frank Castle?
Aaaaand... squad of Grey Knights? Five of them?

So unless somebody has a problem with my picks, I guess this is it.

1. Calvin and Hobbes
4. Korgoth
6. Alma
7. Sephiroth
8. Waldo
9. Frank Castle
10. Five Grey Knights

Selrahc
2009-03-23, 03:25 PM
Aaaaand... squad of Grey Knights? Five of them?

I'd say ten would be perfectly fine. 5 Terminators would also work.

How would you feel about Sephiroth?

That seems to open up a can of worms, since I've seen a few arguments about exactly how powerful Sephiroth actually is. But it will hopefully work out okay.

Fan
2009-03-23, 03:26 PM
*pokes head in*
So long as you dont let him use Super nova, or any of his god summons he's about as powerful as link.
Kthnxbai!

Mordokai
2009-03-23, 03:30 PM
I'm looking at Advent Childer version of Sephiroth here, not the game one, seeing I never played the game. He wasn't all that powerful there.

And cool, lets make it ten Grey knights then.

Reinholdt
2009-03-23, 05:10 PM
Picks have all been chosen! Army lists are maintained on the second post of the thread and will be updated as often as possible. Make sure to include a spoiler box listing casualties at the end of your posts.
Shadowcaller is up first. Play nice and have fun people.

GAME START!!

Shadowcaller
2009-03-24, 10:16 AM
Shadowcallers Base – Office

Shadowcaller stands at the head of a conference table, surrounded by his selected units.

Shadowcaller
What are we dealing with here?

MacGyver
You’re not gonna like it

Shadowcallers Base – Office (again)

MacGyver
Who-ever-you-are, it appears that a lot of mismatched beings are gathering around some sort of solar. They call him RECAIDEN.

Shadowcaller
RECAIDEN?

MacGyver
Yes, RECAIDEN. His avatar wears a dress.

Shadowcaller
This is just getting crazier every day.
It’s like we are trapped here to do a meaningless battle in order to amuse a bunch of nerds…

Shadowcallers Base – Office (yet again)

MacGyver, Colonel John and Shadowcaller are looking over a tactical map

Shadowcaller
Now here, about 10 clicks southeast of our B, a DI discovered RECADIEN’s B with some U.

Colonel J
So, you’re saying that RECAIDEN is hiding in RECAIDEN’s base?

Shadowcaller
Exactly. Then, he talked with the narrator and set up a large G over here covering his B

Colonel J
And then he set up some U to guard it?

Shadowcaller
Bingo.

Colonel J
Well then, what could we possible do?

There is a heavy silence as they search of a solution.
Finally, MacGuyver’s face lights up with equal parts of brilliance and instanity.

MacGyver
We hack his gate

Colonel J
Hack his gate?

MacGyver
Yes, hack his gate

Shadowcaller
No one’s ever hacked a gate before

MacGyver
Well, there have to be a first time for everything.

Shadowcaller
Okay, I like it. But what of his gates are we going to hack?

MacGyver
All of them.

Outside RECAIDEN’s base – Outside

A small space-shuttle made of spare parts of the SSV Normandy by MacGyver is racing toward RECAIDEN’s base at over 200 miles per hour. It’s going into bits fast due its half-baked construction. As it approaches it enters ultra-slow motion and like the biggest ****ing missile you will ever see it crashes right into RECAIDEN’s gate, with cliff racers and large chucks of the gate flying out of the explosion.

Shadowcallers Base – Office

Colonel J
Wait, I thought you said we were going to hack his gate?

MacGyver
This was what I meant by hacking it.

Colonel J
Oh.

Shadowcaller
Let’s just divide the DI (Dimir Infiltrators) into teams of two and two to spy on every other base and call it a day. Oh, and place the Chimpanzees on segways behind the gate, they might be able to prevent attacks and infiltration.

Casualties
Recaiden's gate
76 Cliff Racers that died in the sheer awsomeness of the explosion

Army List
Marduk
10 Dimir Infiltrators
Kratos
5-Man WoW party
SSV Normandy + Crew
Szadek, Lord of Secrets
100 of Chimpanzees on segways (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp9Gm-aRe5A&feature=channel)
The A-Team
MacGuyver
Ceiling Cat

Reinholdt
2009-03-25, 10:05 PM
Nil has about 36 hours to make his move before he gets skipped and it becomes Recaiden's turn. Three day limit seems a decent number, yes?

Saint Nil
2009-03-26, 08:14 AM
(sorry, RL came up)

In Nil's base

Ok everyone, control is key. Sizemore, Mages, Snake, you six all have your own mission. I expect it done shortly.

Yes sir. We'll get right on it.

With that, they all head out of the office on the top floor to complete their mission.

The next order of buisness. Wanda, Miordokai

Yesssss?
Yes?

I need you two to create a piece of Epic fanservice to distract the enemy,.They then go downstairs, but both get into a catfight about who gets to be the master this time.

Imagine a mixture of these images
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0030.html
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5755613&postcount=82

A few hours later, when th efight has been decided, a Ganmen flies into the sky and replays the recording.
Now then, while they are catfighting, elves, I want you to build war-machines using the scarps we have availble.

can they be toy-based?

*sigh* Yes

The elves joyusly run down the steps to build weapons, except for one, which Lord Vader has grabbed.

Lord Vader,take the elf and make the modifications I asked for Lord vader.

Yes, my master.

Then ready the ganmen for defensive positions.

Yes, my master.
Summary-None have died, but all other armies are going to be WAY to distracted to attack us.:smallamused:

Recaiden
2009-03-27, 08:08 PM
How did you kill them through the second gate? Oh, just by sheer awesome.
__________________________________________________ _________________

Sun Stealer makes a few changes to the computer of the mastermind's teleporter. It doesn't look happy about it.

Leesil is already passed out drunk in the metalworking shop, with Chap next to him.
Get up! We have a battle to fight!

The Eradicator steps out behind the gate, as it slowly opens, and trains its disk batteries on Shadowcaller's gate. The energy blasts slam into the gate, tearing at it, and it eventually cracks open. A wave of searing heat follows it, killing 51 chimpanzees even behind their protection.

Chell stands behind it, and opens a portal on the surface of Shadowcaller's second gate and Mordokai's first.

The mastermind points through the gate, and a set of 10 racers appears above the field, circling.

A yellow shield appears in front of the gate, and the cube is removed from a blue button, causing it to close again, and the troops return to hiding.

The mages can be seen preparing magical symbols and drawing multi-sided figures around the tower.

Casulaties:
Shadowcaller's gate
51 chimpanzees.

Army List:
1. Yuji & Marlene
2. Sun Stealer
4. Chell & Weighted Companion Cube
6. Magiere, Leesil, Chap
7. Eradicator Hexapod
8. Mastermind
9. Cliff Racer flock - 150 74
10. Orihime Inoue

Reinholdt
2009-03-29, 01:14 PM
Let's see. About.. 31 hours for Fin to make his move? Unless I'm forgetting a forum outage. Which I probably am. There's been so many lately.
>>

Fin
2009-03-29, 01:28 PM
Ahem... Sorry about the delay. Busy-ness just attacked me in real life, you know how it is...

Ok boys it looks like we are gonna have to rpepare defensively before we can reall concentrate on an offensive action... Release the Zombies!!

With that a small portcullis rises just to side of the main gate. Out of it pour 352 brain-hungry Zombies. They amble around outside forming a large defensive group outside the main gate. Essentially stopping any body from reaching the gate on foot (unarmed at least.)

Shortly after, 0.7 of a Zombie drags himself out of the Zombie holding area and begins to mill about with rest.

Excellent that should hold a few of them back, O'Hare where are you we need you aerial ASAP!

A large landing bay door opens on the side of the base and Bucky O'Hare and his crew can be seen in the window of his ship. Pulling out and into the air, he begins circling the battle field reporting back the damage that the others have already taken!

Casualties
None
My Army
1. Roland Deschain
2. Gene Starwind
4. 352.7 Zombies
5. Audrey II
6. A Gingerbread Golem
8. Jarlaxle
9. 30 Gremlins
10. Belkar Bitterleaf

Recaiden
2009-03-29, 03:06 PM
That reminds me, what are our gates made of?

Rutskarn
2009-03-30, 07:39 PM
Generic Hard-to-break Metal, in the King Rutskarn rules version.

Recaiden
2009-03-30, 08:44 PM
Then my metal mage may have something to day about this.
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm316/RockShade/Daja.png
Most of my army in OOTS form: (Missing 4)

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm316/RockShade/Daja.png http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm316/RockShade/Briar.png http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm316/RockShade/Tris.png http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm316/RockShade/Sandry.png

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm316/RockShade/Chap.pnghttp://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm316/RockShade/Magiere.png

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm316/RockShade/Chell.png http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm316/RockShade/Charlie.png http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm316/RockShade/Cliffracer.png http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm316/RockShade/Mastermind.png http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm316/RockShade/SunStealer2.png

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm316/RockShade/EradicatorBig.png

Daja
Daja, Briar, Sandry, Tris
Chap, Magiere, (Leesil)
(Marlene and Yuji)
Chell, Charlie, Cliff Racer, Mastermind, Sun Stealer, (Orihime)
Eradicator

Darkcomet
2009-03-30, 08:45 PM
=O

*stares at Hexapod*

*sheds tear of joy*

Reinholdt
2009-03-31, 03:06 PM
Mordokai has roughly 24 hours.

Mordokai
2009-03-31, 03:19 PM
"This meeting of G.R.O.S.S. will now come to order! President and First Tiger Hobbes will read minutes of last meeting!"

"Thank you! Last time, we decided that it is high time for us to bring the fight to the enemies. As such, we also decided to employ out time traveling machine, to visit some distant futures and pasts and alternate realities..."

"Wait, alternate realities?"

"Yep."

"How did that happened?!"

"Well, I used my mathematical skills and superior tiger intelect to make few changes to the machine. It can now also travel in alternate realities."

"Why haven't I been informed of this?"

"It wouldn't matter anyway. Only tigers with our enhanced senses can figure out when the jump happened."

"Oh, now I know you're pulling my chain!"

"Suit yourself."

Much fighting and scratching ensues and it calms down as soon as it starts.

"Sooo... what did we got in there alternate realities?"

"Well, there are ten guys with big guns, hammers and armor that looks like it could stop pretty much anything."

From the lower part of the tower, cries "For Emperor" are heard.

"Yeah... they seem... dedicated."

"Who else?"

"Well, there's one hundred of these guys. They carry machine guns, bazookas, grenades... you name it."

A horrendous sounds can be heard, like somebody is destroying something in a very loud manner.

"Real party animals too. Next, we have this guy. Huge sword! And from the looks of it, laws of gravity don't apply to him, goes by the name of Sephiroth."

"Cool! Who else?"

"Well, two more guys. One really wild looking, big axe, smells bad. Korgoth, if I caught his name right. Looks like decent fighter though. The other one carries enough guns to level an army base himself and looks like he means business. Calls himself the punisher. Both will be valuable addition to our team, of that I'm sure."

"Very nice Hobbes! Who else did you managed to get?"

"Well, there's this guy called Waldo, but... I haven't seen him ever since we first talked."

"Waldo? Jesus... ok, who else?"

"There's mouse that wears an eyepatch and drives a flying car, a guy that has more hair than skin and three girls that keep him company..."

"Girls? Girls! Why you double crossing..."

"There shall be muchas smuchas!"

Cue more fighting and scratching.

"Anything else I should know?"

"Well, it would appear we somehow managed to pick up a ghost of a little girl along the way... she doesn't seem too pleased with us. Alma, or something like that."

"Bah! We won't let one stupid girl scare us, will we now?"

Ironically enough, Alma chooses that precise moment to materialise between the two. Their scream can be heard around the base, prompting every unit mentioned to rush the command room, where they find Calvin and Hobbes scared out of their wits, with Alma having a mean look on her face. Luckily, the two quickly gather their wits and give some commands.

"Ok troops, here's the deal. Right now, we don't know what the enemy is up to, so we should play it safe. You guys, set a perimeter at first door, shoot anybody... or anything that comes through. Frank, Korgoth, you will be the strike team. As soon as somebody gets us a word that it's marginally safe out there, you're on! Sephiroth... try not to poke anybodies eye out with that sword of yours. You guys... smash the first thing that comes through that doors with those hammers of yours. Alma... do whatever you wish. The rest of you, suprise me!"

With a big cheer, everybody sets to their designated task.

"And if somebody finds Waldo send him to me!"

((So yeah, preparing defenses and the like, not attacking at all. For now, that will do it.))

My army:

1. Calvin and Hobbes
4. Korgoth
6. Alma
7. Sephiroth
8. Waldo
9. Frank Castle
10. Ten Grey Knights

Shadowcaller
2009-04-01, 11:26 AM
((Recaiden, I have no idea what you did last turn, mind explain exactly what you did again?))

Fin
2009-04-01, 11:29 AM
Essentially he blew up your gate and killed 51 monkeys!

Shadowcaller
2009-04-01, 11:30 AM
Essentially he blew up your gate and killed 51 monkeys!

Well, then one of his units drew a portal on the surface on my gate... I'm not even sure if his units attacked from range or walked to my gate, its not clear in the post.

Fin
2009-04-01, 11:32 AM
:smallredface: I didn't get it either, so I just included what I did get!

Recaiden
2009-04-01, 04:37 PM
Attacked from range. With a plasma cannon and psychic powers. Then set up at range that connects your and that other base. Then some cliff racers went out toward the center of the map. I'll summarize these things from now on. sorry.

Shadowcaller
2009-04-01, 05:02 PM
Attacked from range. With a plasma cannon and psychic powers. Then set up at range that connects your and that other base. Then some cliff racers went out toward the center of the map. I'll summarize these things from now on. sorry.

So, there are a portal to my base at every other base now? :smallconfused:

Edit: Other base?

Recaiden
2009-04-01, 05:06 PM
Mordokai's base. It has a portal to Shadowcaller's base. It isn't especially large, maybe 6 feet across. In a circle. The one at Shadowcaller's base is blue, at Mordokai's it's orange. They are connected.

Shadowcaller
2009-04-02, 11:22 AM
((Thanks for the explanation Recaiden.))

They crashed our gate?! Now that was entirely uncalled for, what had we done to them?

Well we-

They will pay for this warmongering! Release... the chimps!

The chimps are suffering from moral problems sir, they have... abandoned their segways.

He must pay for this!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

As Recaidens gate opened one lone Dimir Infiltrator silently sneaked pass the gate defenders, it had to float up a bit to avoid the movements at the gate but finally it made it pass.

It had been lucky, but this why its was made, to sneak pass everything invisible. It was it that had noticed Recaidens base in the first place, now it needed to find a good weak spot...

As it stayed out of reach from all the inhabitants of the base it suddenly noticed a young girl in the middle of everything. Why she was there didn't matter, in the eyes of the infiltrator she was merely a easy target.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlie felt something, no she saw something, she saw her own death at the hands of something invisible. She saw a invisible dagger make a small cut in her throat, she saw herself bleed to death.

The vision was gone.

But it had been too late, precognition was a strange gift, while it showed you what might be, a changeable future, it may show you that a bit too late to change it...

The vision came true just a few seconds after the vision had ended, it only have her time to scream, to warn the surrounding units that something was there, the Infiltrators un-life were ended just a few moments after Charlie's had been.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what is that portal made of? It looks... yellow.

I have no idea sir, but it must be something dangerous. I say we try sending something small into it.

By opening our gate? No way!
I set MacGuyver and the A-Team to reinforce the gate with the abandoned segways, I'm sure he can make something out of it.

So, we are leaving the gate alone then?

For now, yes, Mordokai have not done anything to us right? And with MacGuyvers reinforcements I doubt anything can come pass that gate.

...Really?

Casualties
Charlene McGee "Charlie"
A Dimir Infiltrator (from my own team)
All the chimps segways in order to reinforce the gate.

Army List
Marduk
10 9 Dimir Infiltrators
Kratos
5-Man WoW party
SSV Normandy + Crew
Szadek, Lord of Secrets
100 49 of Chimpanzees on segways (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp9Gm-aRe5A&feature=channel)
The A-Team
MacGuyver
Ceiling Cat

Saint Nil
2009-04-04, 11:41 AM
Okay men, its time to go on the offensive. Lord Vader, are your men ready?

Yes, my master.

Then lead out your attack team. You know what must be done.

. .. . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . .. . . . . .

A squadren of 10 Ganmen fly by Shadowcaller's castle. 3 begin to attack the castle walls, only to have Dimir Infiltrators begin to attack them. The other seven use their gattling guns(!) to raze the tower. Unfortunatly, ceiling cat knocks one out of the air. 4 ganmen are down, their pilots killed, but the ganmen still useable by living creatures.

. . .. . . .. . . . .. . .. . . . . .. . .
Inside the castle

MacGuyver may have been a genusi, but it was no match for Big Boss's knife in his throat. Hearing people approching, he hides in his trademark cardboard box, unseen, even by Hannibal.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

In Sizemore's tunnel

Okay, the Warlord said give Big Boss as much time as he needs...who's that. The 4 Black Mages turn around and see a man wearing a red and white stripped shirt giving htem an awful grin.

A few minutes later-

Teleport!!
So...Much...Blood....
Did you collapse the tunnel?

Yeah, we took out that Waldo guy, but Big Boss is stuck there.
We had too.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..
Nil's tower.

Power Rangers, be ready to defend the castle! THe elves should have designed some seige weapons to help you.

Casulties

I play 3 cards face down!!! And that end my turn!

Nil
3 Ganmen
1 Blackmage
ShadowCaller
Parts of his Castle Wall
MacGuyver
1 Dimir Infiltrator
Mordokai
Waldeo

My Army

Yami Yugi (the abridged series version)
Sizemore
Wanda
20 16 non-plot important flying ganmen
Big Boss
Darth Vader
Four Three BlackMages
20 Santa Elves
Mordokai

Recaiden
2009-04-04, 01:19 PM
Dead? Again, I couldn't do anything! Or can...

No! You'd get us all killed trying to bring them back.

He scatters a pack of seeds inside the gate, which instantly grow into a wall of thorns reaching all the way to the ceiling.

There, at least now there's another obstacle, and I'll know if anyone so much as gets near them. You will tell me, right? And let our team through?
The plants rustle in agreement.

Alright, let's see who we have. :smallmad: They're just a bunch of kids. And those, those things. You two, with those giant moving things, stay on guard for now. We'll stay here for a bit; we're better at close in, indoor fighting.

Buck O'Hare's ship spots the cliff racers and easily dispatches them before they approach, but suddenly 64 more appear in the air about the ship, smashing at its windows, swarming inside.
"C-"
The crew and ship fight bravely, bringing 68 racers down as the ship crashes and is destroyed. The mastermind scuttles back past the gates and through the thorn barrier, its work done.

Daja raises a hand towards Shadowcaller's base, although still inside the base. It's enough to be able to feel the metal out there. Magic fills the circles and areas that they'd inscribed before. The other three come and stand by her, putting their hands in to the center of the circle. A ghostly multiicolored ring appears between their hands, and Shadowcaller's gate begins to shake. It slowly rolls open, and the rock twists, sealing it there.

:smallsigh: They passed out doing their stupid spell? He drags them back into the tower.

Several computers and transmitters have been assembled, and they're all active to the point of overheating. A wire leads from one to a button that the cube is on. The suit of power armor stands motionless, seeming unaware of what is going on.

Casulaties:

Shadowcaller's second gate.
Bucky O'Hare and ship, crew
74 cliff racers

Things done/happening:

Wall of vines
My mages are unconscious for at least a turn
Everyone hiding in base
Sun Stealer doing something with computers.

Army List:
1. Yuji & Marlene
2. Sun Stealer
6. Magiere, Leesil, Chap
7. Eradicator Hexapod
8. Mastermind
9. Cliff Racer flock - 150
10. Orihime Inoue

Fin
2009-04-05, 03:48 PM
Sir, O'hare is down! His ship is destroyed and his crew dead!

What!? How did this happen?

We have this recording of his last transmission...

The lieutenant presses the play button on his recorder...

*bzzzt*Sir, we're going down! They're everywhere there isn't much we ca- Aaargh Die devil bird *laser fire is heard in the background* ...there isn't much we can do! It was an honour to have serv...*line goes dead*

Ashen faced the lieutenant puts the recorder back in his pocket.

At least he died fighting, lets do him the honour of attempting the same eh?

With a chuckle the offensive orders are given out!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back to back, three pistols pointed at three dead enemies. They were quick but Roland Deschain and Gene Starwind needed more than speed to get out of this mess! After slipping out of the base before the Zombies could be released the pair had gone looking for the enemy, looking for the face of their fathers!

They found Elves...

Not realising how close they had strayed to Saint Nil's base they had been jumped by one of the perimiter Stalker-Killer Elf drones. Dropping from the tree he was hiding in he had stabbed Starwind in the arm with his lethal little weapon, it looked like the unfortunate offspring of a pencil sharpener and a candy cane! Luckily it was his left and Gene could still shoot, in his shock he had looked to his companion for aid, Roland had already pulled the trigger. The upper right portion of the Elf's head evaporated and it fell to the ground.

Then two shots rang out, one from each gunman. Each took out an Elf attempting more sneakyness.

Heh! These guys are easy!

Feeling the tremors in the ground, Roland wasn't so sure!

Gene! Watch out!

He wasn't fast enough. It was like being hit by a train. An Elf Tank came bursting out of the trees bowling Gene over like he wasn't even there. Prepared Roland dodged the Tank easy enough but it wasn't easily tired. The thing was three feet tall but had more muscle mass than the whole fo Fin army! Quick on the draw Roland put a shell into it's shoulder whilst its back was to him. It didn't seem to notice as it turned and looked Roland wild eyed. It charged again, the thing was fast but clumsy and it was easil;y dodge again. Looking at the grooves it left in the ground as it tried to stop indicated the Elf tank weighed something fierce!

Regaining his feet, Gene was still a little dazed...

Roland? What's..

He was cut short as his companion shot past him pursued by what he mistakenly thought was the world's youngest body-builder!

Hey Roland! Stop running around with Baby Schwarzenegger!

Just as he was about to run after him he was swarmed by the remaining fighter monkeys erm... elves! He only managed to get his Caster free of the rabble... Little rabid elves, ate him alive!

Casualites:1. 3 Stalker-Killer Variety Elves!
2. Tank Elf Took a Bullet!
3. Gene Starwind - Eated!

My Army:
1. Roland Deschain
2. Gene Starwind
4. 352.7 Zombies
5. Audrey II
6. A Gingerbread Golem
8. Jarlaxle
9. 30 Gremlins
10. Belkar Bitterleaf

Mordokai
2009-04-06, 02:48 PM
"Hey Korgoth, give me a help here!"

Not listening much to Castle, Korgoth continued smashing at the doors, roaring in barbarian rage. Of course, that didn't help much, seeing that doors were made of reinforced steel, or what have you. Pretty soon, the poor barbarian's axe was nothing more than just a heap of scrap metal. With a look of disbelief, he threw it over his back, almost beheading Castle, while starting to thump the doors with his bare fists.

Will you listen to me for a second, you overgrown monkey?!

That finally got Korgoth's attention.

"WHAT?!"

"See these barrels and boxes? They make KA-BOOM! We just need to get them over to the doors and we will have a free way to the center of the base. Well, more free than before."

"Won't we get killed before we get there?"

"That's where you come in. You carry these, I will cover you with covering fire."

"I am no pack mule!"

"You'll be dead meat if you don't listen to me. Now, which one would you preffer?"

All of sudden, Korgoth is looking down a double barreled shotgun. Gulping loudly, he smiles and nods.

"I... think I shall swallow my honor. Just this one time. Just for you."

"Ain't that sweet of you. I knew you can be reasonable. You know, you're pretty smart for barbarian."

Grunting loudly, Korgoth begins hoisting the barrels and whatnot explosives on his shoulders. A process that takes him couple of minutes all together. When he's done, the pack of explosives as, well... too high to contemplate the results of all that firepower being ignited at the same time.

"Castle, this looks somewhat, how do you put it... dangerous."

"Aw, you big sissy! Now shoo, show them who's the real man! Make me proud!"

Sighing, Korgoth slowly starts walking towards Nil base, while Castle sets himself on highest floor of the tower, M-16 in hands, grenade laucher equiped. It isn't long before the troops spot the barbarian. First comes the zombies. First they also go... 31 of them. Next are the santa elves, with candy canes.

"I always hated those things..."

Taking his sniper rifle, Castle fires few shots against the charging elves. They take out seven little bastards. The rest retreat behind the gates. By that time, Korgoth manages to huff and puff his way to the gate. As luck would have it, the way back is closed by an army of Dimir assassins. Well, eight of them, but it should be enough to take Korgoth down, no sweat.

"CASTLEEEEE!!! Do something!"

"I am, I am... SORRY!"

Taking a careful aim, he shoots one of the barrels, resulting in very big, very loud and very bright explosion, which further results in Korgoth being launched into outer space. Luckily for Dimir assassins, they manage to avoid the blast. One unlucky bastard however gets hit by a stray axe... right between the eyes.

Casualties:
Korgoth, exploring the space now
31 zombies, taken out by grenade explosions
7 santa elves, with an extra eye each
1 Dimir assassin
Nil's gate

My army:
1. Calvin and Hobbes
4. Korgoth
6. Alma
7. Sephiroth
8. Waldo
9. Frank Castle
10. Ten Grey Knights

Shadowcaller
2009-04-07, 05:51 AM
Marduk and Cellingcat met...

Y HALO THAR

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/Seweron/ceiling_cat.jpg

What is this? It can speak?

HOO R U?

I am the embodiment of all creation's ills, and my purpose is but a simple one: to annihilate all that is unworthy. All that is a reflection of myself.

K, IM CELLIN KAT, IM BOUT 2 BRIN TEH APOCALYPSE

...you are?

SURE, U CAN HALP ME

Very well strange thing, we shall rain fire upon this world, to wretch its very hearth from its chest, we are going to start the end of everything.

BUT FURST NEEDZ CHEESBURGER

...whatever you just said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few minutes later, Marduk and Celling cat brought the lolcat based apocalypse to this world:

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/Seweron/cat3.jpg

Everywhere cats speaking broken English start to appear, the sky turns red and CHEESBURGERS starts to rain down upon us, this truly is the end...

Outside Recaiden's second gate...

Is that... scratching? Someone at our gate?

Eh, they need a lot more then screatches to get pass our gate, maybe we should take a look outside?

Well, be careful, this red sky is not a good sign I tell you.

They opened the gate a tiny, tiny bit...

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/Seweron/cat8.jpg

Ceilingcat? We don't belive in Ceilingcat here!

BUT CEILIN CAT IZ GUD

Bah, we don't have time for this, close the gate again.

VRY WELL...

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/Seweron/cat7.jpg

Ahhhh!!!!!

WER IZ UR CEILIN CAT NAO, BISH?!

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/Seweron/cats2.jpg

Outside Fin's gate...

At Fin's gate a group of zombies are ambushed by flesheating cats, Frank Castle kills a horde of them before a Dimir Assassin stabs him from behind, the lolcats kill the Dimir Assassin too however... and then they ate it and Frank Castles bodies!

In Shadowcallers base...

I think... there is something down the basement, I just heard something sneaking around...

That would be some of the lolcats that Cellingcat rule over, I'm sure they are completely-

They didn't even have time to scream.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/Seweron/cat5.jpg

Big Boss found himself facing a equal amount of lolcats, they where even killing the chimps that where supposed to be on their own team and ignored his disguise, he took a lot of them with him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like we lost both Kaidan and Liara to the lolcats, we need to have something to protect us from them!

I sent in Kratos to help, he will enjoy killing those cat's... it will be just like killing puppies to him.

Well, he better be doing that soon, they have already killed all chimps!

Don't worry, Cellingcat is spent, he will sleep now... order the WoW group to protect that broken gate, the A-Team can check for intruders and everyone can just try to stay alert for more attacks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/Seweron/untitled.jpg

Are you sleeping? That was not even the half of what I had imagine... there is still time to destroy this world however and these two creatures will help me do it.

*summons his protectors*

Casualties:
The following people/things have been killed by the lolcats:

Big Boss
Frank Castle
133 Zombies
All my chimps
Kaidan & Liara from the SSV Normandy's Crew
Recaidens Second Gate
A Dimir Infiltrator

Cellingcat is now sleeping and the lolcats have been unsummoned, thank the gods for that...

What's going on?
Marduk and Cellingcat started a small Apocalypse that now is over.
Cellingcat is sleeping and won't be able to act the next round.
Marduk have summoned his two protectors (http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/14060/sacrifice/images/sacrifice003.html)

Army List and their location
Marduk - Tries to stop the urge to destroy everything.
10 6 Dimir Infiltrators - Sneaking invidually around other bases.
Kratos - In the basement with Commander Shepard and Tali'Zorah nar Rayya.
5-Man WoW party - Protecting the entrance to my base.
SSV Normandy + Ashley Williams, Garrus Vakarian, Urdnot Wrex, Tali'Zorah nar Rayya and Commander Shepard, Liara T'Soni, Kaidan Alenko (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_of_Mass_Effect) - The first three are in their ship, the others are in the basement with Kratos.
Szadek, Lord of Secrets - Hiding in the shadows
The A-Team - Is checking the base for intruders.
MacGuyver
Ceiling Cat - Sleeping and won't be able to act the next round.

horngeek
2009-04-07, 06:07 AM
:smalleek:

Saint Nil
2009-04-08, 07:56 AM
I activate my first trap, Call of the Graveyard!

10 elves, 1 blackmage, Big Boss, and 3 non-plot important Ganmen arise as ZOMBIES!

They surround the castle, guarding it. The elves look a little squicked out, but bring out there new weapon-A large catapult. The 3 ganmen crawl into the catapult, and launch themselves at Mordokai's castle. As soon as they comne closer to Mordokai's castle, they explode due to the bomb the elves installed.

The undead elves move into another layer of the castle to continue to make weapons, while Sizemore places some of the elves new "toys" across the battlefield.

The blackmage and Big Boss take the place of the gate, and will flare/shoot anyone who is not in my army who gets to close.

The megazord is now fully formed, and will use it's cheesy animation powers giant sword to attack at any ariel and ground threats that near the castle.

The remaining Ganmen go for a fly-by attack near Mordokai, and attack Captain Caveman and the teen angels, before Sephiroth comes forward to drive them away. Sadly for Sephiroth, Darth Vader does not like competition.

As he nears Vader's Ganmen, the face opens up, reveling Vader, who leaps from the machine to encounter the one winged angel.

The dark side is strong with this one.

Sadly for Vader, Sephiroth had range. His katana slashed towardws Vader, but was stopped as Vader cut off the tip with his lightsaber.

Vader's use of the force allowed him to crash into Sephiroth, as they both plummted down to the ground as Vader cut off his wing. They never stopped fighting until the ground killed them both.

Casulties

Mordokai
Captain Cave Man and the Teen Angels
Sephiroth
Peices of his castle
Saint Nil
2 more plot important Ganmen
Darth Vader

Army

1. Yami Yugi (the abridged series version)-Has created zombies
2. Sizemore
3. Wanda
4. 20 15 non-plot important flying ganmen
5. Big Boss
6. Darth Vader
7. Five Power Rangers and their Megazords
8. Four Three BlackMages
9. 20 10 Santa Elves
10. Mordokai

Shadowcaller
2009-04-08, 03:42 PM
Just adding info about the SSC Normandy (http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/SSV_Normandy)...

Recaiden
2009-04-08, 05:39 PM
Of course, now that we need them, they're gone.

The Mastermind's computer lights up: "Gate destroyed, initiate scrin integration protocol 6." The eradicator grabs the mastermind and integrates them into itself.

Ooh, that thing's a bug, just like them, only big, so I bet it could shield a lot more things if I could learn it's name and so I bet I should go talk to it and maybe even go with it so I can get it to trust me and that'd let me save everybody and, and if I could do that maybe I could even do enough to get out of Hueco Mundo on my own and who knows what I could undo and I could probably use it for all sorts of other things like slicing cake and, oh, I could make a cake, and what if I added vanilla and plenty of extra salt and maybe served it with leeks and

Orihime climbs up onto the eradicator and hides behind one of it's horns.

"Target aquired - Shadowcaller"
A blue ring surrounds the eradicator and then it is suddenly at the edge of Shadowcaller's base. It rushes forward and confronts the WoW party. The mage's mind instantly falls to the mastermind's device, and he turns to blast the druid in the back, while the paladin is cut down by the plasma cannons. Tsubaki! I reject! A yellow line appears in front of the cleric, and neatly cuts him in half. Then, she senses another spirit, and just barely raises a shield in time to stop an infiltrator's slash, still being badly cut. An orange portal opens up on the ground below, and she jumps through back to the tower. It closes a few seconds later.
The A-team immediately opens fire, but seems surprisingly inaccurate. Luckily for them, it's a very large target.

Casulaties:

Druid, Paladin, Death Knight.

Things done/happening:

Mastermind on infantry hardpoint of Eradicator
Eradicator teleported to the edge of Shadowcaller's base and went inside
Fire Mage mind controlled
Wall of vines
Sun Stealer doing something with computers

Army List:
1. Yuji & Marlene - Guarding base
2. Sun Stealer - In tower
4. Chell & Weighted Companion Cube - In tower
5. Sandry, Daja, Tris, Briar, Chime - Recoverig in tower
6. Magiere, Leesil, Chap - Guarding tower
7. Eradicator Hexapod - Shadowcaller's base
8. Mastermind - In Eradicator
9. Cliff Racer flock - 150
10. Orihime Inoue - In base

Shadowcaller
2009-04-08, 06:03 PM
Recaiden, your second gate was destroyed as well, by lolcats apperently...

Fin
2009-04-10, 08:06 AM
Gremlins... Be released!

An so it was that aboard the SSV Normandy the 30 strong group of Gremlins emerged from their hiding places. Running riot over the whole ship, a large a number were shot and killed but it was to be to no avail. Gremlins are always there ready to disable the most vital parts at the worst possible moments. The SSV Normandy was a wreck in minutes.

Captain! We've lost life-support, the little wretches are everywhere, hwta are we going to do!

We've got to try an- Aaarrgh!

He was cut short as two gremlins jumpe him with there vivious pointy teeth sticking into his shoulders and legs. After a short scuffle he wrestled them off. But it was too late, all of it was too late. The SSV Normandy was going down plummeting towards the battelfield. The last remaining Gremlins all stood in awe at the front window of the main deck. they had never been on such a vessel they hadn't realised it would crash should they break it, but breaking it was all they knew how to do!

They're resolve broke!

The remaining 10 gremlins bolted over to the pilot and started nibbling and scrathing him, in blind panic. They never meant to hurt him, they just wanted him to pull up. To not kill them. But it was too late.

Through the front window Mordokai's base crept into view...

Casualties:
20 Gremlins

Things Happening:
The SSV Normandy is about to crash into Mordokai's base. - Sorry shadowcaller I had to assume it was flying and not just in your base stationary!

My Army:
1. Roland Deschain
2. Gene Starwind
4. 188.7 Zombies
5. Audrey II
6. A Gingerbread Golem
8. Jarlaxle
9. 10 Gremlins
10. Belkar Bitterleaf

Shadowcaller
2009-04-10, 08:15 AM
If you assumed that the SSV Normandy was flying, how did the gremlins get up there?:smallannoyed:

Edit: Yes, drama has come to insanowar 3 and by me apparently.
Did you even kill the crew members in the SSV Normandy or are they still alive? It would be nice if you at least clarified such "trivial" matters...

Fin
2009-04-10, 09:10 AM
I went with the idea that the Gremlins where already in there seeing as that was the biggest mechanical construction and that is where they like to reside.

The crew are all still alive as the ship is yet to crash. If you want I'll take it all back, but I wanted to get something big going on.

Plus you brought Catmaggedon to us so I wanted to strike back somewhat! :smallamused:

Shadowcaller
2009-04-10, 09:19 AM
I went with the idea that the Gremlins where already in there seeing as that was the biggest mechanical construction and that is where they like to reside.

The crew are all still alive as the ship is yet to crash. If you want I'll take it all back, but I wanted to get something big going on.

Plus you brought Catmaggedon to us so I wanted to strike back somewhat! :smallamused:

Well, I was more effected then you by the Catmaggedon...

Anyway, I try to keep that damn drama out of the thread, I just have to accept it and move on.

Fin
2009-04-10, 11:18 AM
Well, I was more effected then you by the Catmaggedon...

True but I only killed my own Gremlins in the last post! The ship isn't down yet, there is still time to save it. Lets just get a bit creative between the five of us we could keep it alive! Mordokai's gonna have to do somehing fairly imminently though...

Recaiden
2009-04-11, 05:54 PM
My original army:http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm316/RockShade/InsanowarIIIarmy.png

Reinholdt
2009-04-11, 06:00 PM
Even though I haven't a clue what half, most, all but Chell and the Companion Cube are, that's still really cool Recaiden.

Recaiden
2009-04-11, 07:18 PM
White mech w/blades = Yuji
Blue mech = Marlene

Red thing w/flamethrower = Sun Stealer

Small girl in black = Charlene McGee "Charlie"

Girl w/cube = Chell
Cube = cube

Girl in purple = Sandry
Black girl w/staff = Daja
Girl w/book = Tris
Guy with potted plant = Briar
Transparent dragon = Chime

Girl w/spear = Magiere
Blond guy = Leesil
Dog = Chap

Big purple thing = Eradicator Hexapod

Bug thing = Mastermind

Bird things = Cliff Racer flock

Girl on Eradicator = Orihime Inoue

Shadowcaller
2009-04-11, 07:35 PM
Too bad I must kill of so many parts of that army...:smalleek:

Recaiden
2009-04-11, 07:49 PM
Too bad I must kill of so many parts of that army...:smalleek:

You and what army?
Don't make me start resurrecting people.

Mordokai
2009-04-12, 03:07 PM
"Hobbes, we seem to be taking heavy casualties. Any ideas what should we do?"

"Dunno. What do we have left?"

"Well, there are the heavy armored guys, the shooting maniacs..."

With that, a part of base gets blown up.

"... which I'm going to consider sending to their doom, if they don't stop soon. There's the mouse and the little retard..."

A car flies over their head.

"... both of which seem happy to drive around whole day, doing nothing of importance. Next, there's the hairy guy and the... girls."

Screaming can be heard, as Teen Angels invade the room and give Calvin muchas smoochas, much to his dismay and to Hobbes's joy. After the whole ordeal is over, the briefing continues.

"Well, there's not much more army to be spoken of. Unless..."

Cold wind blows over the lovable duo, as Alma once again appears in the middle of them, her disheveled black hair covering her face. If the two could see it, they would know she is smiling underneath all those hairs. But they are too busy hugging each other, shuddering and screaming like little girls. When they gather their wits, they approach her slowly.

"Eeeeerrrr... yes?"

Throwing something at Calvin's feet, the little guy bends, never letting Alma out of his view. What he gets is a big paper bag, a little moist and dripping with... blood?

"You open it."

And Hobbes really does it. As soon as that happens, he falls uncoscious, the bag falling from his hands and Ceiling Cat's head rolling out of it slowly. Seeing this, Calvin puts hand on his mouth and runs for nearest toilet. Smiling to herself once again, Alma floats out the base, god knows where.

Casualties:
Ceiling Cat

Things Happening:
Alma somehow managed to get into SC's base and kill Ceiling Cat. Don't ask me how, I don't want to get near to her :smalltongue: Canon fodder guys managed to blow base walls up a little further, but so far, without casualties on their side. Calvin and Hobbes are incapacitated for one round. What's happening with SSV Normandy? Who knows? Perhaps Shadowcaller still gets to save his guys?

My Army:
Calvin and Hobbes
Danger Mouse and Penfold
Korgoth
Alma
Sephiroth
Waldo
Frank Castle
10 Grey Knights

Reinholdt
2009-04-12, 03:15 PM
Hello everybody. It's that time again...

RANDOM EVENT TIME!

Why Reinholdt, you may ask, what is a random event? How can we be at it again if there hasn't been any before? And why weren't we told of this?

To you chatterbox question askers, I say: HUSH!
But I answer the questions anyways. Cause I should. A random event is just that. Something random that is neutral, and/or should affect everyone roughly equally, though that can depend heavily on the picks. They should occur about once every 3 rounds. It's again cause I said so. And you weren't told of this cause I only recently made it up in order to differentiate my game slightly from Rutskarn's. Besides the fact that he's hoarding almost all the drama over there. :smalltongue:

And now! The moment you've been waiting for! Random Event time!

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/temp/wheel1.png

1. ???
2. ???
3. ???
4. ???
5. ???

And the winner is... Event 4! (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2017786/)

4. Jello falls on everything. The battlefield has become quite slippery.

That's right. Your battlefield is now covered in Jello! And some of your buildings too. Everything inside is safe of course. The Jello will stay on the field for two rounds, before it mysteriously disappears.

Mordokai
2009-04-12, 03:27 PM
Grey Knigths attack the narrator, because he's obviously in lieu with daemonic forces.

I mean, whoever heard of d5?!

Murska
2009-04-12, 03:30 PM
1. ???
2. ???
3. ???
4. ???
5. ???
6. ????
7. Profit!

I demand a recount! You missed some options!

Reinholdt
2009-04-12, 11:26 PM
Grey Knigths attack the narrator, because he's obviously in lieu with daemonic forces.

I mean, whoever heard of d5?!
But... but... it took me forever to make a d5. Do you know how hard it is to get those faces right?!

And Murska, while ???? and Profit! are options... only I get them. >>

Shadowcaller
2009-04-14, 07:30 AM
On celling cat's death...
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/Seweron/lolcat-245-710.jpg

Um… I think we are getting ganged up sir, every side seem to have something against us…
Bah, if they attack us this round they will most likely leave us alone this round, we have not done that much to them have we?
They are in the middle of our base sir, Celling cat is dead and the SSV Normandy have been kidnapped by gremlins…WHAT?!
No need to be upset sir, its only a game after all…
It’s a game of serious business!
Right…
We will have our vengeance! Enact… the PLAN.
We have a plan?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

INSIDE THE SSV NORMANDY…

Its nothing we ever seen before Wrex! They are small, cute and everywhere!
Bah, I have been dealing with killing small cute things all my life, its time we take back control, I will break their little necks with my bare arms, they are nothing compared to the geth or the reapers!

A few moments later…

Well… that was a bit harder then expected.
Stop talking and start stopping the ship from crashing into the wall instead!

Even more moments later...

Well, too bad we lost Williams, she was a good soldier.
Eh, we would have lose her anyway if the commander had chosen to save Alenko during the sadistic choice (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SadisticChoice). Now, can we get back to the base? We still have to enact the PLAN.

Back at the base…

Holy crap! Do you see the size of the thing in our base?!
It certainly is… big, but it looks like its stuck in Jello right now, we got other stuff to worry about anyway, is Kratos going to met us or what?
Looks like he is, I’m surprised he didn’t fall to the urge of trying to kill a thing that size.
Well, the PLAN contains a lot of other peoples death’s anyway…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AT SHADOWCALLER'S BASE...

The Eradicator Hexapod was pretty much destroying everything inside the base that was in reach. While the Jello-O prevented it from moving it could still attack the tower that was right in front of it, it had soon destroyed it, killing everyone inside. But not before one tiny figure had made its way out of the basement through all the jell-O and into the SSV Normandy that had landed in a safe distance away from the currently jell-O stuck Eradicator.

Now it instead focused its fire against the A-team that were the only living enemies in reach, and apparently also quite stuck in the Jell-O. But suddenly two huge flying creatures made their way toward it, Marduk's silverbacks had joined the fight.

Orihime that was the Eradicator's defense against flying attacks could however easily take on these two frost-breathing creatures with her allied spirits.

Szadek still hidden in shadows observed the whole battle from the air, as he noticed how the Eradicator was unable to attack flying units he silently floated up on the back of it.

Orihmie had now taken out one of the silverbacks was now attacking the other one while Szaked approached her, invisible from all eyes. But there was something else going on the same time, a huge amount of magical energy was gathered somewhere inside the base, Marduk, covered by the soon-to-be-dead A-team was using one of his most powerful spells.

A huge pillar of fire (http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/14060/sacrifice/images/sacrifice004.html) soon made its way through the Jell-O and fried the Eradicators head that can’t dodge it due being stuck in the Jell-O. Not that such simple things would destroy this huge behemoth, just disabling its weapon systems.

The Eradicator stopped firing and just stood there, still functioning, but unable to move and fire. The A-team, lacking the maneuverability inside the Jell-O to avoid its shots was also all dead. Both the mind controlled mage and the priest found themselves stuck in the jell-O, not able to even move on their own and unable to contribute to the battle at all.

Szadek made his way through Hinagiku's, Baigon's and Lily's shield as Orihmie was busy using her other spirits to kill the last Silverback and proceeded by breaking her neck. He drained her of her knowledge while her spirits died around her. Then he suddenly faded into the shadows again, finding some remote corner of the base to hide in.

Marduk had spend some of his mana but was still in good condition due his constant regeneration. The same thing could not be said about Shadowcaller’s base on the other hand as the Eredicator had destroyed pretty much of it, but it seemed this battle was not finished yet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AT RECAIDEN'S BASE...

The SSV Normandy rounded around Recaiden’s gate-less base in complete silent, it slipped out from behind.

There is the tower… great, its protected by plants, what do we do now?
Ever seen a plant withstanding a blast from a space ship?
Well in some animies…
Oh shut up! We are NOT going to let a wall of god-dammed plants stop us!
Think those plants can hear us?
What? Plants can’t hear… they can’t even see.
I think these ones can.
Oh great, just what we need, *more* intelligent plants, as the Thorian was not enough…
Um, guys, I think they have noticed us…
Just go with the plan and leave!

The SSV Normandy dropped a bomb, (strong enough to blast through the unshielded Sovereign (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBfaAu_AYl8&feature=related)) that made it through the wall of wines and then the tower wall itself. Directly after they dropped the Mako down the hole in the tower wall that they had made before the Wall of Vines could close itself again. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PN0iFIqcjM&feature=related)

The mako crashed right into the sunstealer and his computers. Much like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rigHJ1DxKIM&feature=related) but with the mako crashing into the sunstealer and instead of commander Sheppard and his companions climbing out of it comes one tattooed man.

His red tattoos is clearly visible in contrast to his white/grey skin, he makes a clear impression on the weakened mages inside by ripping of the head of the immobilized sunstealer and then crushing it against the wall.
He turns to the mages smiling, then all hell broke loose as the chain blades do their bloody work inside the tower.

Only Daja could resist, but sadly not for long as Kratos tore apart her body with his bare hands, despite her living metal. Chell tried to use her portal gun but found it dragged out. of her hands by Kratos blades, he broke it into two pieces and then he killed her too, in a very bloody fashion.

By this time Magiere, Leesil, Chap have entered the room as they heard the crash, they are met by a grim sight as Kratos is surrounded by the bodies of their fallen comrades.

Chap leaps against Kratos and manages to knock him down for a second, but he is soon up again attacking Magiere that only can avoid his attacks.
Desperate Leesil picks up a unanimous cube with hearth shaped patterns upon it off the floor.
Tattooed guy?
Kratos turns around for one second.
Catch!
The cube hits Kratos straight in the head, instantly killing him to the relief of everyone around him and most likely the rest of the world too. The companion cube had got its revenge.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INSIDE THE SSV NORMANDY AGAIN...

Crap, I think we have been hit…
By what?
I’m not sure but we are going down!
Maybe those Gremlins did more damage then we originally anticipated?
I don’t really care about the re-
*crashing sound*

Casualties
The SSV Normandy
Kratos
The A-Team
Shadowcaller's Tower
Most of Shadowcaller's base
All crew members of the SSV Normandy
Both of Marduk's Silverbacks (Protectors)
Chell and the portal gun (but not the companion cube.)
Orihime Inoue + her spirits
The Sunstealer + its computers
Sandry, Daja, Tris, Briar, Chime
10 Gremlins

What's going on?
The Eradicator Hexapod head have been fried and therefore it can't use any of its weapon systems during this round. They will recover later due its regeneration. Its also quite stuck in Jell-O.

There is a large hole in Recaiden's tower and a crashed mako lying inside it.

The mind-controlled mage and the priest are stuck in the Jell-O, unable to do anything.

The SSV Normandy have crashed somewhere, there were no survivors.

Szadek have gained some of Orihime's knowledge when he drained her dead body of it

Army List and what they all are doing
Marduk - Preparing to destroy the weakened Eradicator Hexapod
6 Dimir Infiltrators - Still sneaking around the other players bases
2-Man WoW Party - Both stuck in the Jell-O, the mage is mind-controlled
Szadek, Lord of Secrets - Invisible in his magic-conjured shadows, hiding somewhere inside shadowcaller's base

Recaiden
2009-04-14, 05:31 PM
It was an empty threat! You didn't have to do that. Pretty awesome though. And pretty reasonable. Except, Orihime was supposed to be in my base. She got there through a portal gun portal. But you did lose quite a bit, so whatever.

Darkcomet
2009-04-14, 05:33 PM
Hm. I think I realized why this one has so much less drama than #2. It's simply too silly. I mean, Ceiling Cat? Chimpanzees on segways? Gremlins? It is too silly to be dramatic.

Lucky you. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2009-04-14, 05:51 PM
>>
I still think Calvin and Hobbes was the best/funniest pick.
But he's something of a childhood hero of mine some I'm probably mostly biased in that regard. :smalltongue:

Shadowcaller
2009-04-14, 07:07 PM
Well, I had all that planned out the moment you entered my base Recaiden, I tweeked a lot with the idea, so thats why I got a bit upset when Fin almost destroyed the SSV Normandy that was the key to the plan.

I think that it went off pretty well, don't you think? I'm going out with style, this game is about awsomeness after all.

Sure, a victory could have good but I got attacked from all sides at the very start. :smalleek:

Duos
2009-04-14, 08:03 PM
My first pick is Sun Stealer, an Amarantin AI from Revelation Space

I just noticed this. You have impeccable taste in books. Alastair Reynolds is brilliant. Have you read Pushing Ice yet? Phenominal. I assume you finished the trilogy, by the way.

Recaiden
2009-04-14, 08:11 PM
I just noticed this. You have impeccable taste in books. Alastair Reynolds is brilliant. Have you read Pushing Ice yet? Phenominal. I assume you finished the trilogy, by the way.

No, I'm still reading Absolution Gap, which is wonderful so far. I think it's an improvement on Redemption Ark. And while I haven't read Pushing Ice yet, I do plan to. I only discovered him a while ago, and have also been trying to read The Wheel of Time.

Unfortunately, he didn't get to do much. Although I'm sure he managed to hide in the systems of one of the mechs.:smallamused: Their computers are surprisingly advanced.

Also,
Teleport to Structured Games first, then here. It'd take two turns, but is legal.
Could I get a ruling on this?:smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2009-04-14, 08:19 PM
Also,
Could I get a ruling on this?:smalltongue:
Ummm... yeah sure. This is Insanowar. Granted, it means losing here. And Rutskarn may kick you out. And you may be beaten in the head with arguments and stuff from the combatants over there.

But I won't stop you. And it might be worth a shot.

Darkcomet
2009-04-14, 08:21 PM
*cough*

Please stop talking about that. :smallsigh:

Recaiden
2009-04-14, 08:22 PM
Ummm... yeah sure. This is Insanowar. Granted, it means losing here.

But I won't stop you. And it might be worth a shot.

I was planning on leaving the vampire hunters and cube here.
But it might be worth it to have Leesil kill Vader.:smalltongue:

Saint Nil
2009-04-14, 08:23 PM
Vader died killing Sephiroth.

Darkcomet
2009-04-14, 08:25 PM
My Vader, Nil.

You stole him.

Recaiden
2009-04-14, 08:25 PM
Vader died killing Sephiroth.

There you go ruining my hoke instead of taking your turn so I can get back to killing Shadowcaller. Then I guess they should stay.

Saint Nil
2009-04-14, 08:28 PM
My Vader, Nil.

You stole him.

Please, Vader needed a REAL player. One who could understand his feelings. You only thought of him as a Sith Lord. You were never there for Vader.:smalltongue:

Darkcomet
2009-04-14, 08:29 PM
But... I freed him of that accursed suit! And boosted his power even more afterward!

Recaiden
2009-04-14, 08:29 PM
Please, Vader needed a REAL player. One who could understand his feelings. You only thought of him as a Sith Lord. You were never there for Vader.:smalltongue:

I thought of Vader as a true foe, third only to mammoth tanks and 1 other.

But... I freed him of that accursed suit! And boosted his power even more afterward!

Only so he could fight, not because you cared!

Saint Nil
2009-04-14, 08:32 PM
Anyway, I'll write my post tommorow.

Reinholdt
2009-04-14, 08:35 PM
All Vader needs is a kitty to love him. :smallfrown:
:smalltongue:

Darkcomet
2009-04-14, 08:37 PM
Well, I only have one more retort for Nil:

My Vader isn't dead. :smallamused:

Murska
2009-04-15, 06:50 AM
Well, I only have one more retort for Nil:

My Vader isn't dead. :smallamused:

...yet. :smallamused:

EDIT:

Yeah, I've read all the books of his I've found around here, which amounts to saddeningly few. Redemption Ark, Absolution Gap and Pushing Ice.

Recaiden
2009-04-15, 07:10 AM
...yet. :smallamused:

EDIT:

Yeah, I've read all the books of his I've found around here, which amounts to saddeningly few. Redemption Ark, Absolution Gap and Pushing Ice.

Go read Revelation Space. Right now. You might already know what happened from reading the sequel, but not well enough. Then read Diamond Dogs, Turquoise Days.

Saint Nil
2009-04-16, 05:33 PM
Sorry, long post is coming. RL came up.

Saint Nil
2009-04-16, 06:10 PM
Yami sat in the throne room, plotting his next move.

We need a distraction, one that will keep everyone's eyes on us-

NOOOO!!!!

Mordokai's scream could be heard from all across the base.

When Yami got there all he found was a dead Mordokai and a elf holding a wrapped up blanket, both beside a window.

She died shortly after Lord Vader's suicide sir. Fortuantly, we saved the child.

Child!!!!

Yes, after reading her blog, it seems that Mordokai and Vader were intamate sir.

Impossible! And this is there love child?

Yes, she her blog says that she would have named him Mordenkainen.

We don't have time to raise a child!!! I activate a spell card, Time Skip!!!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . .. . .

A man in black armor with blond hair stood at the top of the castle.

Darkness running through his veins, hate fueling his heart with a fiery passion! A lost soul with an unconquerable spirt! The great Mordenkainen, is me!!!

WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!!!!???

The 15 remaining non-plot important ganmen all surronded the castle, attaching to it. THe castle soon stood up on it's own, overshadowing even teh Megazord.

Inside the moblie tower,

I activate the power of plot, and use Fusion!!!!

A swirling vortex surronded both the Megazord and the mobile fortress, until a humungous being stood,completly painted black, it was covered in spikes, with a helm oddly looking like Darth Vader's. A powerful red glow surronded it, peircing the heavens. In each hand i held a mighty sword covered in red hot plasma.

Inside it's spikes were the 3 black mages, postioned to gun down any airel attacker with their mighty magic. THe 10 elves stood on enigineering duty, ready to repair any damages.

THe ganmen took a fighting pose, and with a might cry, yelled, WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE!!!!!????

Naturally, this was a diversion. While everyone's eyes where ion the creation of the might ganmen, Sizemore and Wanda were leading a strike team agaisnt Mordokai.

A hole broke through in his battle field, WEanda and her ZOmbies pouring forth.

Braaiiiinnssssss*

*-FLARE!!!!

A flash of heat and light spread across the feild, killing 50 soilders and all of the elves. Solid Sanke was already in the base thanks to another tunnel, sneaking behind the Grey Knights. It was too late for one of them, but the others quickly put down the already dead Snake, but at the cost of another Knight.

On the battlefield, Wanda lead her unead warriors, but sadly grew too confident, with the Demir Infiltrators nearing her, she tried to control them and lost, both the battle of minds and her life.

Sizemore barly escaped the battle, but Mordoaki's forces were to quick to react for any more carnage. Sizemore fled the scene, tears in huis eyes at the death of Wanda.

Casulties

All of the zombies
Mordokai
Wanda
50 cannon fodder soilders
2 Grey Knights
1 Dimir Infiltrator

My army

Yami Yugi (the abridged series version) -
Sizemore
Wanda
20 15 non-plot important flying ganmen
Big Boss
Darth Vader
Four Three BlackMages
20 10 Santa Elves
Mordokai

What I have gained

The lovechild of Darth Vader and Mordokai, Darth Mordenkainen.
THe fusion of the Megazords, and a ganmen made of non-plot important ganmen and Nil's castle-The DreadNought

...............<.<.
>.>................

Darth Vader/Mordokai 4eva <3:smallcool:

Reinholdt
2009-04-16, 06:30 PM
Did... did you just use the combined power of shipping and a children's card game to create the fusion of Mordokai and Vader's hell spawn with mechas and your castle?
:eek:

Saint Nil
2009-04-16, 06:31 PM
Once again, may I sig that?:smallamused:
V-Your deleted your post once, and thank you.

Reinholdt
2009-04-16, 06:38 PM
Sure. Once again?

Darkcomet
2009-04-16, 07:02 PM
o.O

Someone show this to Cristo! :smallamused:

Fan
2009-04-16, 07:12 PM
One complaint, and ONLY one complaint thats more of a nit pick:
You should've had Mordokai give out the "Believe in yourself. Not the me who believes in you, and not the you who believes in me. Believe in yourself! For yours is a drill that will pierce through the heavens, and through tommorow!" speech, for the full TTGL speech, maybe followed by the "Mom, and Dad are dead. But, in this blade. This evil heart. They live on! The fiery spirits of Mordokai, and Darth Vader are alive in me! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I"AM!"

Saint Nil
2009-04-16, 07:19 PM
Sorry, I was sort of pressed for time.:smallredface:

Fan
2009-04-16, 07:21 PM
It's still a INCREDIBLY epic post Nil, I'm just a TTGL fanboy, and was suggesting methods for further improvement.:smallwink:

Recaiden
2009-04-16, 08:34 PM
Shadowcaller's Base:
Marduk summons up a massive pillar of fire, and sends it roaring down upon the Eradicator. It blasts through the jello beneath where it had stood, as a few last wisps of teleportation energy dissipate. While the jello still binds him to the spot, the fire mage took ranged spells, and blasts his former party member, and then collapses himself. A bit later, the mind control suddenly dissipates, and he comes to his senses. What have I done!?

Recaiden's Base:
Leesil, Magiere, Chap, and the cube climb into the Mako. It slowly begins gliding across the jello. Very slowly. The wheels clog up in the red gunk and they get back out. Meanwhile, the mechs have been walking towards Mordokai's base.

Mordokai's Base:
The sniper shrike opens fire, cutting down the cannon fodder. The twin edge's wheel engage, but get little traction on jello. Yuji merely leaps forward into the gray knight formation, gun blazing and blades lashing out.
An Eradicator suddenly appears behind them. A gray beam lanced out into the melee and turned a grey knight to dust. The weapon systems shift and slither, knitting back together and reactivating themselves.
The fight comes to a slight standstill, Penfold cowering at the point of Yuji's blade. Dangermouse flips on one finger and slams into the machine, which finally collapses from its accumulated damage.
Yujiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! Penfold is torn apart by the Sniper's bullets. Moments later, he climbs out of the wreck, one arm hanging hurt at his side, a pistol in the other.
Alma glances at the mastermind, and it crumbles to dust. The mind control systems target her, but she easily throws off such mechanisms.

Casulaties:

Shadowcaller
Other WoW party member
Mordokai
Cannon Fodder
Grey Knights
Penfold
Recaiden
Twin Edge shrike
Mastermind

Things done/happening:

Army List:
1. Yuji (injured and no shrike) & Marlene
2. Sun Stealer
6. Magiere, Leesil, Chap - Hiding near tower.
7. Eradicator Hexapod - Mordokai's base
8. Mastermind
9. Cliff Racer flock
10. Orihime Inoue

Darkcomet
2009-04-16, 08:47 PM
That teleport-happy Eradicator scares me.

Recaiden
2009-04-16, 08:55 PM
That teleport-happy Eradicator scares me.

That's part of the idea. Sure, a giant biomechanical alien killing machine is a bit scary on its own, but when it combines with another unit to get teleportation, disintegration, and mind control powers, well...

Darkcomet
2009-04-16, 08:56 PM
That's part of the idea. Sure, a giant biomechanical alien killing machine is a bit scary on its own, but when it combines with another unit to get teleportation, disintegration, and mind control powers, well...

Indeed. :smalleek:

And, technically, it didn't get anything from Masterminds/Prodigies ingame but teleportation. I imagine that's for game balance reasons, though.

Recaiden
2009-04-16, 10:21 PM
Indeed. :smalleek:

And, technically, it didn't get anything from Masterminds/Prodigies ingame but teleportation. I imagine that's for game balance reasons, though.

I know. But I also thought the same thing. I mean what, is it just tossing the weapons and equipment on the ground?

Darkcomet
2009-04-16, 10:23 PM
I know. But I also thought the same thing. I mean what, is it just tossing the weapons and equipment on the ground?

Yeah. That would be... Stupid, really. What a waste of perfectly good mind control!

Especially considering what would happen if Nod found it...

Nod with mind control.

Terrifying.

Recaiden
2009-04-16, 10:25 PM
Yeah. That would be... Stupid, really. What a waste of perfectly good mind control!

Especially considering what would happen if Nod found it...

Nod with mind control.

Terrifying.

You know, maybe I won't teleport to your thread.

Darkcomet
2009-04-16, 10:30 PM
Ooooh, the Redeemer's rage generator amplified with Scrin technology...

Fascinating... :smallamused::smalltongue:

Recaiden
2009-04-16, 10:40 PM
Ooooh, the Redeemer's rage generator amplified with Scrin technology...

Fascinating... :smallamused::smalltongue:

Or, amplifiying mind control with Nod technology.:smallamused:

Darkcomet
2009-04-17, 10:43 AM
I dunno how much that'd work, since Scrin tech is on another level from Nod's.

Duos
2009-04-17, 03:42 PM
Talk to Yuri about it. He'd know.

Recaiden
2009-04-17, 06:13 PM
I dunno how much that'd work, since Scrin tech is on another level from Nod's.

If we haven't killed you yet, you must be doing something right.

Darkcomet
2009-04-17, 06:17 PM
If we haven't killed you yet, you must be doing something right.

Ah, but that was a mere harvesting force, right?

Not to mention if Nod intel is correct, then the Scrin are going to be invading. :smalleek:

Recaiden
2009-04-17, 06:27 PM
Ah, but that was a mere harvesting force, right?

Not to mention if Nod intel is correct, then the Scrin are going to be invading. :smalleek:

You're the one who's actually played CC3. I suppose so. Good luck when we really arrive.

Darkcomet
2009-04-17, 06:29 PM
You're the one who's actually played CC3. I suppose so. Good luck when we really arrive.

That's KW, actually.

And I never actually got to that point. I looked up the spoilers on the wiki. >.>

Reinholdt
2009-04-18, 02:26 PM
I know Fin is taking care of a hospitalized Ranna, but we'll give him another 30 hours in case he finds the time to post something. If not we'll have to just skip his turn unfortunately. Not really a penalty, but just something unavoidable to keep the game moving.

Stay well Fin and Ranna!

Talic
2009-04-19, 03:59 PM
(Would like to place a dibs on the next incarnation of this chaotic funfest. If a defender role is open, I'd like that, otherwise, anything)

Darkcomet
2009-04-19, 04:09 PM
Oh hey, people are actually taking notice of my little variant. :smallbiggrin:

Reinholdt
2009-04-20, 09:34 PM
It is now officially Mordokai's turn.

Recaiden
2009-04-23, 06:48 AM
So are we skipping him too?

Mordokai
2009-04-23, 07:25 AM
“Hey meatbag! Might wanna get your ass out of the toilet... we're being wiped.“

“What do you mean?“

“Well, we're down to quarter of the army guys...“

“Which might actually be a good thing.“

“Yeah... we have only 40% of the fanatics left...“

“Really? Wow, those guys were actually useful. They will be missed.“

“... and we've lost pretty much all of our most powerful allies.“

“So what you're saying is that we're screwed?“

“Pretty much.“

“Wow. You know, I expected this to last a little longer.“

“So what you want us to do?“

“I say if we have to go, we go in stlye. Gather the troops... or what's left of them. I'll see to the rest.“

A little later...

“Ok troops, here's the plan! We...“

Long silence.

“You don't have a plan, do you?“

“Shush, you fuzzball. Of course I do, it's just... complicated.“

“Then please, share it.“

“Well, it would also be pretty... suicidal. To the rest of you guys, at least.“

Much to Calvin's surprise, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of surprise or outrage aming the troops. Encuraged by that, he continues speaking.

“Right... we'll use the transmogrifier. I had the drones build up a powerful generator and a few thousand yards of wires. I need you guys to take those wires in the middle of enemy bases. After that, I'll take care of the rest. I guess... you'll have to trust me.“

Cue comic sweating from everybody present and an ominous thunder of lighting in the background.

“Eh, ok. Lets do this!“

A big cheer goes up once again from everybody present. And a little later...

The remaining cannon soldier guys are standing near remaining Grey Knights. They form a protective cordon around Calvin who's doing something to a cardboard box. Soon, he's finished, but not before nine cannon fodder guys fall to enemy fire.

“Allright, you know what to do! God speed!“

Back at base. A big antena appears on the top of the tower, as storm clouds start gathering. Hobbes appears next to it and starts chanting words in obscure language, bowing down, like asking favor from some long forgotten deity. And lo and behold, a lighting strikes, right down the antena. As for the battlefield...

The ground start shaking and tumbling, big waves of jello start errupting from ground. As on cue, the remaining cannon fodder soldiers start running toward enemy bases, four for each base. Even before they can reach it, four waves of slime errupt, Grey Knight riding each one, wielding their mighty deamonhammer. And even before anybody can say anything else, the slime waves form into fist and start going for respective bases

The first fist strikes Shadowcaller's base. Having no gates in way, is strikes the first big thing it sees in it's way: Marduk. Falling down on the poor beast with full force of jello, it literally makes a jello out of Marduk as well. For the finishing touch, the Grey Knight finishes it with one blow from his daemonhammer. Alas, the poor guy is too busy to watch his back, so he's made a pincushion by Dimir infiltrators.

The second fist attacks Nil's base. The biggest thing here would most likely be The DreadNought. Grey Knight riding this one makes a leap for creatures head... but gets plastered by it, like a fly. Still, a slam by a big jello fist cannot be ignored and the collosus gets incapacitated, as the jello gets all over him.

Recaiden's base is the victim for the third wave. With nothing big to find here, the wave just slushes over the entire base, making everything sticky and hard to move. The Grey Knight riding this wave fails his Reflex save and falls to his death.

Fin's base is the site of biggest spectacle. With both gates still standing strong, the wave hits the first with all the force it can muster, breaking it down. The last Grey Knight alive runs to the second ones and start hitting them with his hammer, to no big effect. That's when a loud sound can be heard in the sky. Looking up, he sees Danger Mouse's flying car, taking a dive for the gate.

“This is for you Penfold!“

And with a loud bang, the car smashes in the gate, taking Danger Mouse and last Grey Knight with it.

That said and done, a squad of four cannon fodder soldiers runs into each base, laying down long cables.

“Now Hobbes! Do it!“

With that, Hobbes flips a switch in the base tower, letting a large jolt of electricity run through the cables, frying each and every soldier in it's way. The results are... a little unexpected.

All around the field, jello starts moving, forming... standing up. Arms start forming, head start appearing... the jello goons are born! Hundrets, thousands of them! And they have one goal in mind: blood!

“We made it Hobbes! HAHAHAHA! We really made it!“

“And just what did you made young man?“

Calvin's blood freezes at those words.

“Ummmm... hey mom. Nice day we have, don't we?“

“Look at yourself! All covered in jello! This is your fault, isn't it?“

“Hobbes did it!“

Taking none of it, Calvin mom grabs her son's hand and drags him away.

“Wait till your dad hears of this.“

What's going on?
Grey Knights and Cannon fodder soldiers are dead. They died as they lived :smalltongue: Calvin and Hobbes were took away by Calvin's mom, after Calvin devised some brilliant strategy to destroy as much of opponents army as possible. As an after affect of this, the playfield now teems with jello goons... stronger version of snow goons. There are thousands of them and they have no master... they are a threat to everybody! The DreagNought is incapacitated and Recaiden's base counts as rought terrain.

Casualties:
Marduk
Four Grey Knights
25 cannon fodder soldiers
Calvin and Hobbes
Both of Fin's gates
Danger Mouse

My army:
Calvin and Hobbes
Danger Mouse and Penfold
Korgoth
Alma
Sephiroth
Waldo
Frank Castle
10 Grey Knights

Shadowcaller
2009-04-23, 12:28 PM
All... sides... attacking...us... why?

Well, he did attack everyone, not just us.

Bah, we don't even have enough units to stike back anymore.

So no huge payback then?

No, Marduk is dead, we are not going to use that reckless tactics of his anymore, from now on we are going to do this Dimir style.

You mean hiding and backstabbing?

Exactly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Szadek took telepathic contact with the Infiltrators; they were his minions after all, pawns of their guild leader. With his help they could share all this information between each other, to be empowered by his shadow magic and secrets.

By now they had gathered enough information about all the other bases to see their weak points and basic layout.

While half of the infiltrators had already died in some way or another, the remaining had continued their work the focus zeal only the undead could muster.

And with the jell-o goons out there, distracting everyone, the invisible assassins could do their bloody work... undisturbed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the area between the bases...

Sizemore were fighting jell-o goons as the Dimir Assassin struck him from behind, it didn't kill him outright of course, just leaving him weaken enough for the jell-o goons to finish him off.

Roland was caught in almost the same situation he had been in Tull, just replace crazy villagers... with jell-o goons. Less serious maybe, but still!
Anyhow, while distracted Roland could still feel something closing in...

A blade flashed...

But the moment before Roland with alarming reflexes had put two bullets in the infiltrator that even in death stayed invisible.

Fin's base...

Back in Fin's base the fallen gates created a chaos for the defenders, a army of jell-o goons had forced their way in and were now attacking anyone left and right. But what the defenders were not aware of was that jell-o goons were not the only thing that had entered their base...

Jarlaxle used his invisible cloak to stay out of reach from both jell-o goons and Infiltrators.

Belkar on the other hand did not exactly hide, while jell-o goons not begs for mercy they at least are fun to kill... for a while.

From the depths of the jell-o rose the most terrible jell-o goon of them all!

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/Seweron/index_4.gif

While Belkar fought the monstrous jell-o goon the dimir infiltrator backstabbed him and the floated away silently, away from Belkars reach. While he didn’t die off it, it leaved him weak enough for the enormous jell-o goon to devour.

His prophecy would strike true in a way that no forum visitor would have imagined, (well, those who weren't aware he was in insanowar at least.)

Shadowcaller’s base…

Fire Mage: Lolz! Aoe-packs everywhere, this will be fun!

Some jell-o goons later…

Plz, need healz, shield plz!
…Szadek? Are you there? Plz?

I am here... came a voice from behind, but the mage never got to see who it was since by that time, the speaker was already draining him of knowledge…

Once Szadek was done draining the now to him useless mage he threw its empty husk to the jell-o goons to eat, then he faded back into the shadows.

The spirit energy from Orihime empowered Szadek and made him hide deeper into the shadows that he ever been done, not being able to return for some time.

Casualties
1 Dimir Infiltrator
Belkar Bitterleaf
Sizemore
1 Fire Mage

What's Happening?
Szadek sacrificed the knowledge he drained from Orihime Inoue to cast a combined spirit and shadow spell and sink so deep into the shadows that he can't act or be attacked during this round.

One Dimir Infiltrator is still sneaking around in Fin's base.

Szadek have gained some knowledge of fire magic.

4 Dimir Infiltrators - Sneaking around invidually
Szadek, Lord of Secrets - Deep, deep into the shadows

Saint Nil
2009-04-23, 12:33 PM
Aww, I was going to make a Sizemore, the Digger!! Joke.:smallfrown:

Reinholdt
2009-04-23, 12:40 PM
Front page army list updated to include the Jello Goons, minus a few from Shadowcaller's turn.

Saint Nil
2009-04-24, 07:36 AM
Anyone mind if I go ahead and end this battle? Most of the characters are dead, so I want to end it with a bang.:smallcool:

Shadowcaller
2009-04-24, 08:41 AM
Anyone mind if I go ahead and end this battle? Most of the characters are dead, so I want to end it with a bang.:smallcool:

Considering it would be a gigantic draw (with all Fin's units mostly alive), yes, I do actually mind that a bit.

Depends on how much sense and/or awsome your post generates thought.

Reinholdt
2009-04-24, 12:14 PM
There's quite a number of people still alive. Fin's army largely, but Recaiden and Nil have quite a few as well. SC has 2 units, and Mordokai is banking on Alma and all those Jello Goons he just threw at everyone, which is still a fair deal.

This battle hardly seems over to me.

Besides, I think it may be best if I was the one who wrote the ending, to keep it as impartial as possible.

Recaiden
2009-04-24, 05:02 PM

Excuse me? There are 3 serviceable armies left, and a few scattered units. And Jello Goons.

I'll try to get a post up today, but I'm leaving pretty soon until Sunday, so I might not. Nil hasn't posted yet. Please don't skip me if I take a while.

Saint Nil
2009-04-24, 05:07 PM
Please, I was going to make this a huge finale that wipes us all out, sorry I misread the first page.:smallredface: I'll be gone most of tommorow, so if I can't get it up tonight, please don't skip me.

Shadowcaller
2009-04-24, 05:19 PM
Also, I see that many players have ignored the gates, Mordokais whole army has been whiped out without even touching the gates.

They appear to be quite easily passed by... pretty much everything. I for one didn't move any of my units inside unless the gates opened or if both gates were destroyed.

I took that as long they were there teleportation or any other type of transportation into the pass was impossible.

Just feels like destroying gates a bit useless when some players can just move past them.

Selrahc
2009-04-24, 05:26 PM
Just feels like destroying gates a bit useless when some players can just move past them.

I think honestly, the gates are more of a psychological barrier. Put some effort into making them an obstacle, and people will treat them as an obstacle. If you don't, then others won't.

Shadowcaller
2009-04-24, 06:08 PM
I think honestly, the gates are more of a psychological barrier. Put some effort into making them an obstacle, and people will treat them as an obstacle. If you don't, then others won't.

Well imagine this:

There are five players, A, B, C, D and E.

A needs to destroy B's gate before he can move on, B needs to do the same with A's gate.

Then player C easily passes Player D's gate.

Player D then in turn easily passes E's gate once he attacks, since player C set a much easier way.

Saint Nil
2009-04-25, 05:17 PM
I officialy pass on this turn, with The DreadNought only taking defensive actions.

Reinholdt
2009-04-27, 05:17 PM
A poke for Recaiden, a bump, and a 24 hour warning.

Recaiden
2009-04-27, 07:28 PM
Mordokai's Base:
The Eradicator rushes away, firing at Alma mainly to break her concentration than actually trying to finish her off, and the glow of the teleporter surrounds it as it leaves the base. It waits just long enough for Yuji to make it back, clinging to the Shrike, before returning them to base.

Recaiden's Base:
The four of them are standing by the Mako.
Oh, crap. I don't suppose these have many vital organs or anything, do they?
Doubt it. No blood either. But now that they've come to life, we can ride this thing away!
They climb inside and desperately try to activate it as the jello goons close in.
* teleport *
The machines turn their firepower on the goons, scorching them to ash, tearing them to bits, and melting them to gooey puddles. Even so, they close in, getting ever nearer to the mako, and climbing up the Eradicator's legs. The systems begin to clog with jello, plates of armor being torn off, and the hexapod pulls off it's -vanish-from-under-the-jello trick yet again, it's last action in this base to cut a path to the center for the vehicles to follow. Even with this advantage, the sniper is ruined, chap falls from the vehicle, and they barely get away.

Fin's Base
*teleport*
Roland quickly comes under the machine's control, and opens fire on the football team.
*telep-Before it can escape, the gingerbread golem rears up and smashes the injured Eradicator, disabling it until it's regeneration can restore it to life.

Casualties:

300 Jello Goons
Football team
Chap

Things done/happening:
Roland Mind controlled, and inactive
Army List:
1. Yuji & Marlene (No equipent)
2. Sun Stealer
6. Magiere, Leesil, Chap
7. Eradicator Hexapod (disabled)
8. Mastermind
9. Cliff Racer flock
10. Orihime Inoue

Shadowcaller
2009-04-28, 12:47 AM
Two questions Recaiden, what of your units are still capable of mind control and how did something thats 4 inches high smash the eradicators leg? :smalleek:

Edit: I thought the eradicator only could teleport if the mastermind was within it?

Recaiden
2009-04-28, 06:52 AM
The Eradicator. It has the mastermind's equipment. All the things that the mastermind can do are because of its equipment. I didn't think it still needed to be there. Actually, I was under the impression the mastermind was actually part of the Eradicator.

I also had the impression that the golem was very large. Like, in the 20-30 foot tall range, at the least If not, um, the power of pastries?:smallconfused:

Shadowcaller
2009-04-28, 07:10 AM
The Eradicator. It has the mastermind's equipment. All the things that the mastermind can do are because of its equipment. I didn't think it still needed to be there. Actually, I was under the impression the mastermind was actually part of the Eradicator.

I also had the impression that the golem was very large. Like, in the 20-30 foot tall range, at the least If not, um, the power of pastries?:smallconfused:

Actually, its 8 inches long (my bad) and its made to run away as fast as possible from the enemy, not fight.

But I can see your point, lets say it run into the leg and... broke it?

Reinholdt
2009-04-30, 04:56 PM
Fin has 24 hours before he is skipped.

Shadowcaller
2009-05-01, 07:16 PM
So, now it must be Mordokai's turn.

Reinholdt
2009-05-01, 07:18 PM
Yep.
*twiddles thumbs*
*remembers he has no thumbs and finds a way to do it with his tail instead*

Recaiden
2009-05-03, 09:30 AM
* pokes the thread *

Mordokai
2009-05-03, 09:57 AM
Roland doesn't seem to be having much work. Sure, there's mayhem and chaos going on around him, but it would seem he just doesn't care. Or maybe it has something to do with his glowing red eyes?

A childish laughter resounds inside his mind, as he strolls outside Fin's base and sets course for Nil's. Shooting couple of zombies that get in his way, he makes is through the now missing gates and opens fire on elves, eradicating ten of them in few fast shots. The giggling becomes louder and then disappears all of a sudden. Coming to his senses, he notices five brightly colored clowns(also known as power rangers) in front of him. Managing to raise his guns for one last shot, he puts one of them down and then the rest of them do the same to him. With shurikens. They don't use them? They do now.

Meanwhile, something's happening to jello goons. It would seem that, being brainless and everything, they can't properly avoid each other, so they start colliding with each other, creating a bigger and bigger goon, one that soon towers as big as the base towers. And this one is just as stupid as the small ones. And it goes for Fin's base, engulfing the gingerbread golem on it way. One could almost swear they can hear him nomming it and enjoying it at that. But it doesn't get far, before The DreadNought falls from the sky and squishes it into the ground. Unfortunately, while doing so, it manages to stuck it's leg in jello and as it tries to break free it snaps it's tendon.

Casualties:
21 slow zombies
10 santa elves
Roland Deschain
1 power ranger
Gingerbread golem
500 jello goons

What's going on:
Alma possessed Roland, making him do some nasty stuff. And that's basically it. Oh yeah, The DreadNought is now limping, because his tendon is destroyed by jello goon. Big one.

Reinholdt
2009-05-03, 01:22 PM
Hello everybody. It's that time again...

RANDOM EVENT TIME!

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/temp/wheel1.png

1. ???
2. ???
3. ???
4. ???

And the winner is... Event 4! (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2055154/)

Ducks fill the skies. Shooting at and missing one causes a dog to laugh at you.

That's right. Your battlefield skies are now filled with ducks! Hope no one's flying around at high velocities! Aside from the jello goons, the jello is gone. And jello left behind by goons when they die disappear.

That's all folks!

Shadowcaller
2009-05-04, 05:39 AM
Is it just me, or do the units that are left becoming more and more powerful?

Its end game, people can't afford to sacrifice their units anymore.

Hmm... we need to have more units to sacrifice...

Mordokai’s base…

Inside Mordokais base lays the broken body of celling cat, protector of lolcats, killed by Alma, the psyhic bi- witch.

But suddenly, a soothing light came over celling cat’s grave and a small grey life-form appeared lying beside its body.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/Seweron/funny-pictures-happycat-kitten-hand.jpg

The small creature opened its eyes and looked at its father that it still believed to be alive. Happycat was hungry and said the first thing that would come up in any true lolcat’s head.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/Seweron/happy4.jpg

But when his father didn’t respond Happycat grew weary, why was his father still sleeping?
It waited, just watching his father’s body, begging him to wake up and give him cheezburgers, but celling cat didn’t wake up.

Then finally, Happycat understood what had happened, and thus he was no longer happy.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/Seweron/happy2.jpg

He buried the body and at his fathers grave he swore revenge at whoever had murdered him.
And soon he was brought face to face with her, Alma Wade.

Happycat stepped out challenging her to a duel with the memorable words:

Y HALO THAR. MAH NAYM IZ HAPPYCAT. U KILLD MAH FATHR. PREPARE 2 DYE.

Alma smiled and then entered Happycat’s mind giggling, but as his mind was that one of a cat’s and not of a man so Happycat never even winched, his face was in prefect harmony.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/Seweron/izstillhappyca128535636372031250.jpg

She then set fire on pretty much everything, Happycat retreated, waiting for a moment to strike back.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/Seweron/happy.jpg

Alma summoned flesh eating darkness, nightmarish creatures from her mind, she even reanimated the gates of the base to attack, but Happycat avoided them all. Until finally he had got close enough to attack her weak point for massive damage.

Happycat had revenged his father’s death, but the reanimated gates escaped into the battle field.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shadowcaller’s base…

Szadek came out of the deep shadows once again and quickly hid again (but in the shallower variant of the shadows.) The ruined base had been overrun by jell-o goons so there was not much else to do.

Fin’s base…

The Dimir Infiltrator used the chaotic state of the base to its advantage and managed to hide very well inside Fin’s own tower, closing and blocking the door it would be completely safe there as even if someone did enter it, it would still be invisible.

Casualties
Alma Wade
Both Mordokai's gates as they were brought to life by Alma

What have I gained?
Happycat, son of Celling cat

What have Mordokai Gained?
Two reanimated flesh eating gates, currently somewhere in the middle of the battle field. Think flesh eating gates are retarded? Just look at this (http://www.headinjurytheater.com/article73.htm).

What's going on?
Szadek have left the deeper shadows and is now hiding in his normal shadows somewhere in the jell-o goon overrun base of Shadowcaller.

The Dimir Infiltrator in Fin’s base have barricade itself in Fin’s tower to avoid the rampaging jell-o goons.

4 Dimir Infiltrators - Sneaking around invidually, one in Fin’s tower.
Szadek, Lord of Secrets - Hiding in Shadowcaller's base
Happycat - Inside the remains of Mordokai's base

horngeek
2009-05-04, 05:48 AM
Oh my...

THE LOLCATZ ARE BACK! EVERYONE HIDE!

Reinholdt
2009-05-04, 02:42 PM
Fair warning. Be EXTREMELY careful about bringing in new units.

St. Nil did it earlier. But it was fine. Why? Because each unit he brought in, he sacrificed one or more of his units to do so. I felt this was more a transfer of units.

Mordokai did it as well. But he also sacrificed and the unit wasn't on his side, rather attacking everyone indiscriminately.

Shadowcaller does it now. And it's pushing the line. But the fact he didn't actually kill stuff with it and made it make sense means I'm letting it pass. I mean, turning Alma into a pair of flesh eating animated gates was pretty cool.

Nah. This is just a warning so that no one tries to abuse the mechanic. Something which hasn't happened yet, but I want to lay it out now so that it WON'T happen.

That is all. Keep up the awesome work guys. :smallbiggrin:

Shadowcaller
2009-05-04, 03:45 PM
Dutily noted, I just really badly wanted to use Happy Cat somewhere and with Alma killing Celling cat... it was too good too pass up.

Saint Nil
2009-05-04, 03:48 PM
Sorry Shadowcaller, but as a Giant Mecha, and keeping true with TTGL, I must kill HappyCat, as it is the largest cosmic entity around.

Shadowcaller
2009-05-04, 03:55 PM
Sorry Shadowcaller, but as a Giant Mecha, and keeping true with TTGL, I must kill HappyCat, as it is the largest cosmic entity around.

I don't mind. :smalltongue:
I can't make all my posts about lolcats can I?

Reinholdt
2009-05-04, 03:58 PM
I don't mind. :smalltongue:
I can't make all my posts about lolcats can I?
Can you?
*gets idea for army theme*
:smallamused:

Recaiden
2009-05-07, 04:07 PM
Fin's Base
The Eradicator rises up, its systems beginning to recover from the gingerbread assault. It searches around for targets, but finds only zombies and a plant. The Mako drives in, and bullets do have an effect on zombies. They leave the companion cube to drive, and open fire. They don't realize that the cube can't defend itself against Jello goons. The Eradicator manages a few shaky shots. Ready to fight, Magiere catches a trace of something still alive, and she and Leesil head into the tower to find Jarlaxle. As they enter the room, a spread of daggers flies past, one close enough that Magiere has to knock it away with her sword. They barely get into the room before they have to dive away from a blast of fire. Leesil tries to find any opening to stab him, and Magiere rushes forward, her fangs bared, to slash a second wand out of Jarlaxle's hand. With a flash, a giant 2 legged bird appears behind them, but a slash from the enchanted sword convinces the diatryma to leave, and it flees the room. Jarlaxle pulls a hammer and sword from his hat, and rejoins the fight. The hammer turns aside the falchion, and the sword finds Magiere's heart just as a stiletto finds Jarlaxle's neck.

Casualties:

Magiere
167 Zombies
Jarlaxle
Companion Cube

Things done/happening:
Fin gained a summoned Diatryma(flightless subterranean bird) , but it probably won't last very long.
Army List:
1. Yuji & Marlene (No equipment)
2. Sun Stealer
4. Chell &Weighted Companion Cube
6. Magiere, Leesil, Chap
7. Eradicator Hexapod (disabled)
8. Mastermind
9. Cliff Racer flock
10. Orihime Inoue

Shadowcaller
2009-05-07, 05:13 PM
So... 72 hours of nothing then? :smallwink:

Recaiden
2009-05-07, 08:28 PM
My internet was down. And then so was the forum. And I had school. And sleep. And no one saw me not post anything.

Shadowcaller
2009-05-08, 02:05 AM
My internet was down. And then so was the forum. And I had school. And sleep. And no one saw me not post anything.

I meant that Fin's turn most likely is going to be 72 hours of nothing. You posted exactly when you should actually, since Saint Nil's turn was before yours.

Reinholdt
2009-05-10, 10:20 PM
A shameless bump to let everyone know it's Mordokai's turn now.

Mordokai
2009-05-11, 01:27 PM
Yami Yugi has been having a little too much of sake today. And the results are less then predictable.

"Lets see, what do we have here... oooooh. *throws a card, a dragon appears*

"Blue eyes white dragon, obliterate!"

He does... one of the black mages.

"Ooooops! My bad! Lets see, what more do we have here... niceeee!"

*throws card, something slimy appears*

"Eeerrr... boy, you're one ugly..."

He doesn't get to say more, as one of the flesh eating gates fall on the slimey... thing. Much to Yugi's surprise.

"Woooooooow. That's one big card... probably Kaiba figured something new and is now showboating. I'll show him! I'll show them all! MUAHAHAHAHA!"

Grabbing the gates by the lower half, Yugi hufs and pufs and blows... and finally manages to blow the house down. Wait, what? Oh sorry, wrong story. He finally manages to lift the door. Which turns out to be a bad idea, as the four power rangers runs by and their flashing colors distract him. The sake doesn't help. Tripping over his own feet, he falls and lets the door go, falling backwards.

"Oh shi..."

The 0.7 zombie has the bad luck of walking by this whole amusing scene. It's a curious zombie, this one. It moves a little closer, proding the now immovable doors with his finger. Much to his chagrin, the doors are still hungry and take the bite out of his hand. The poor zombie runs away. He'd be bleeding, but such trivial matters are beyond long dead corpses. He does, however, complain a little. Something about all the time and money spent on nail polisher been for naught...

Casualties:
One black mage
Yami Yugi
0.1 of slow zombie :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

What's going on:
I'm taking my new toy that SC so gratiously gave me for a test ride :smallbiggrin: So far, I'm like what I'm seeing!:smallbiggrin:

Reinholdt
2009-05-11, 03:27 PM
Alright. We're approaching the end. So let's put it out here.

THIS IS THE LAST ROUND.

Everybody has one last go with which to whack each other over the head. After Mordokai goes, I shall write up an ending to the game to the best of my ability.

If there was a fight you wanted to do, a grudge you wanted fulfilled, or a move you wanted to pull off, THIS is your final chance. Let's go out with a bang!

Shadowcaller
2009-05-11, 04:40 PM
Fin's base...

The Infiltrator carefully observes the fight between Jarlaxle, Magiere and Leesil, waiting for a perfect oppertunity to strike. The combatants seemed to have failed to realize that it was there.

As Magiere and Jarlaxle killed each other the Infiltrator saw its chance, it backstabbed Leesil as he sat by Magiere's body. Murder in cold blood, if the infiltrator would have had any blood that is.

The other infiltrators splitted up, by the others of Szadek. Each one in a different territory.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mordokai's Base...

In a small box in the ruins of Mordokai’s base Happycat was mourning the death of his father… and doing other things.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/Seweron/happy3.jpg

But as no cheezburgers ever dropped down in his box Happycat decided to look for some himself. He stepped out of the box and started his search for cheeseburgers, never realizing that this would be the last day of his life. He looked around Mordokai’s, but as no cheeseburgers where there Happycat choose to ignore guideline we other mortals like to call “gravity”.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/Seweron/funny-pictures-cats-do-not-believe-.jpg

He started to fly over the area, hovering to avoid radar detection.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/Seweron/funny-pictures-hovercat-flies-low.jpg

Soon enough, as no cheeseburgers was found, he started to fly faster and soon enough he was breaking the sound barrier.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/Seweron/funny-pictures-cat-breaks-the-sound.jpg

But as Happycat peacefully was flying around looking for Cheezeburgers to eat, he came across a huge entity that as its master expressed it: “But as a Giant Mecha, and keeping true with TTGL, I must kill HappyCat, as it is the largest cosmic entity around.”

The giant robot charged against Happycat as he passed by throwing the poor kitten’s body to the ground.

But The DreadNought would not be satisfied with just killing the poor kitten it must crush its body too. But Happycat was not dead yet, just dying; it looked up to the sky looking forward to finally join his father in the sky-celing. But suddenly he heard a voice in his head.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/Seweron/cat6.jpg

As the gigantic mecha approached Happycat used his last energy to draw the omega-sign. Then he died and joined his father up in the ceeling in the sky, now he truly was Happycat.

But down on earth his body was crushed by the dreadnought, foolishly believing that such a deed would go unpunished.

The omega-sign begun to glow and created the Omega Signal, and suddenly a being that usually was trapped far into the void emerged into this reality. (Last part is spoilered due the reality changing powers of the entity summoned.)

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/Seweron/omegasignal.jpg

There was a flash and before The DreadNought had even moved it had been erased from the existence by MIGTHY ENDCAT along with the power rangers that had created it and the black mages that still was still inside it.

Another flash and MIGHTY ENDCAT was gone once again, having avenged the death of Happycat.

But even the few seconds MIGHTY ENDCAT existed in the world was enough to shake the very foundations of it...

Casualties:
Happycat
The DreadNought
2 Blackmages
4 Power Rangers
Leesil

Whats going on?
MIGHTY ENDCAT'S brief existance in this world have shaken the very foundations of it, what this means is up to each player.

4 Dimir Infiltrators - One in the middle of the battle field, one in Mordokai's base, one in Shadowcallers base with Szadek and one still in Fin's tower.
Szadek, Lord of Secrets - Hiding in Shadowcaller's base

Recaiden
2009-05-11, 05:42 PM
What's that you say? Don't create any more Lolcats from nothing?:smalltongue:

Shadowcaller
2009-05-11, 05:45 PM
What's that you say? Don't create any more Lolcats from nothing?:smalltongue:

Hey, endcat was just there for one turn, he didn't stay! :smallwink:

Reinholdt
2009-05-12, 06:37 PM
A bump and a 48 hour reminder to Saint Nil whom I'm sure doesn't want to sacrifice his last turn.

Saint Nil
2009-05-12, 06:46 PM
It will be up tommorow. Studing for exams now.:smalleek:

Saint Nil
2009-05-14, 03:49 PM
Sorry, its coming now

Reinholdt
2009-05-14, 03:50 PM
Sorry, its coming now

No problem. I would've given you extra time anyways cause of the forum outages.

Saint Nil
2009-05-14, 06:09 PM
It would be really really really really really really REALLY kind of you to give me til tomorrow. It's kind of akward right now, and I can write a detailed intresting post tommorow morning.

Reinholdt
2009-05-14, 06:12 PM
No problem. I would've given you extra time anyways cause of the forum outages.

:smalltongue:

36 hours for Nil.

Saint Nil
2009-05-14, 06:16 PM
Thank you.:smallsmile:

Reinholdt
2009-05-16, 01:59 PM
Right. I really hate to skip Nil. But the show must go on. If he gets his up before Recaiden does it'll still count.

Otherwise it's Recaiden's turn.

Recaiden
2009-05-16, 04:25 PM
Does this battle take place on earth? I need to know before taking my last action.

happyturtle
2009-05-16, 04:27 PM
Which answer will make your post more awesome? That's the right one.

Reinholdt
2009-05-16, 06:37 PM
Which answer will make your post more awesome? That's the right one.

Ummm... yeah. This answer suffices. If it makes your post more awesome, it's that.

Shadowcaller
2009-05-16, 06:38 PM
Ummm... yeah. This answer suffices. If it makes your post more awesome, it's that.

Could be dangerous thought, what if they suddenly place the battlefield in WH 40k? :smalleek:

Reinholdt
2009-05-16, 06:41 PM
Could be dangerous thought, what if they suddenly place the battlefield in WH 40k? :smalleek:
Note that more awesome does not and should not equal more overpowering and one sided.

Plus I know relatively little about this WH 40k thing except that it screwed over Insanowar 2 in some ways.

Mordokai
2009-05-16, 06:53 PM
All you need to know about 40k is there's a lot of killing. And by a lot, I mean on proportions unimaginable by our standards. To them, WW II was a skirmish, and not much more.

Reinholdt
2009-05-16, 06:56 PM
Right. Ok. In that case I emphasize my not overpowering part of the ruling.

Which the 40k universe would almost certainly be (this is different from picking units from 40k, but that's neither here nor there at this point in time).

Mordokai
2009-05-16, 07:04 PM
Any universe that's willing to commit millions and billions of souls to their death by nuking the planets these souls live one, just to maybe prevent an alien race from gathering resources from these planets is screwed up for me.

I don't care that it may have saved countless other lives. It may have also screwed them even worse on the long run. But the point stands.

Selrahc
2009-05-16, 07:04 PM
If it's on earth then that implies a lot of things. For example, is there lava running under the battlefield that could be controlled by earthshapers? Could you tunnel out, overtake a town and then turn everyone there in to zombies? Take over the united states with your psychic and launch nukes at the battlefield? Track down the homes of your rival commanders and kill them at their keyboards?

Insanowar probably works better as a cage match. Nothing comes in. Nothing gets out. (Despite what I did with Doctor Who. Escape should generally not be an option.)

Shadowcaller
2009-05-16, 07:06 PM
If it's on earth then that implies a lot of things. For example, is there lava running under the battlefield that could be controlled by earthshapers? Could you tunnel out, overtake a town and then turn everyone there in to zombies? Take over the united states with your psychic and launch nukes at the battlefield? Track down the homes of your rival commanders and kill them at their keyboards?

Insanowar probably works better as a cage match. Nothing comes in. Nothing gets out. (Despite what I did with Doctor Who. Escape should generally not be an option.)

Yeah, thats exactly that stuff I was worried about.

Reinholdt
2009-05-16, 07:09 PM
Dang.
I hate to admit it, but they're right.

The rule of awesome is overturned in favor of the rule of keeping things under control and the rule of cage fighting.

So yeah.

Talic
2009-05-16, 08:17 PM
Dang.
I hate to admit it, but they're right.

The rule of awesome is overturned in favor of the rule of keeping things under control and the rule of cage fighting.

So yeah.

((Opinion. Since when couldn't there be Awesome Cage Fighting?))

Saint Nil
2009-05-16, 08:18 PM
Mordenkainen fell from the sky, ganmen destroyed, felling hopless

I wont end like this!!!

As if an answer to his prayers, he saw one card in his belt Yami Yugi must have slipped to him before he died

Reborn the Monster

Dreadnought, be reborn!!!

His convidence was misplaced however, for theri was one more card, that had fallen into Lord Szadek.

Fusion

As the Dreadnought reappreaded, duel lightsabers in hand, Darth Mordenkainen saw a dreadful sight.

A large mass of goo with a cybernetic head, with plasma lasers coming from its mouth.

Szadek laughed at the Dreadnought, his new cybernetic brain powered by his undeath and foul sorcery. The goo gaint had two metallic hands, piloted by Yjui and Marlene.

Fool!! All your base are belong to me now!! You are on the path to destruction!!!

Never!! I'm charging my laser!!!

For great justice.

The two clashed the Dreadnought falling from the sky into the jello giant.
The lightsabers slashed at the belly of the beast, but it was to know use. THe jello crepped its way into the circuits, slowly desdtroying the giatn ganmen.

NEVER!!!!
Darth Mordenkained could feel his father watching him from the beyond, fueling his strength. THe head of the Dreadnought popped off, as the Dreadnought exploded into a flash of spiral energy.

Impossible!!

No, I go beyond the impossible.

The small ganmen flew away, leaving the goo titan to it's doom.

Unforunatly for him, that would not be the end of the enemy sides, as the resulting energy relused a new, more powerful beast.
Casulaties

All the jello goons
Szadek lord of Secrets
Yuji&Marlene
the Dreadnought..again

Whats happened

After destroying the bulk of two enemy armies, Darth Mordenkainen has created a new more powerful Hexapod Eradicator, that is now even more powerful

My army

Darth Mordenkainen and his small ganmen

Shadowcaller
2009-05-16, 08:43 PM
Wait... did you just kill our armies and gain new units? :smallconfused:

Saint Nil
2009-05-16, 08:46 PM
No, I left you the Dimir, Recaiden the Hexapod(stronger), and gave Mordenkainen enough power to present an intersting challenge(becasue other wise it would be boring).

I can edited it so the Dimir are stronger if you want.

Darkcomet
2009-05-16, 08:48 PM
Wait... did you just kill our armies and gain new units? :smallconfused:

That's nothing. I killed myself.

To give everyone still alive a win.

Shadowcaller
2009-05-16, 08:48 PM
No, I left you the Dimir, Recaiden the Hexapod(stronger), and gave Mordenkainen enough power to present an intersting challenge(becasue other wise it would be boring).

I can edited it so the Dimir are stronger if you want.

Well, I'm fine with you killing our armies, but Reinholdt did warn us about gaining new armies.

Saint Nil
2009-05-16, 08:53 PM
I didn't see it as a big deal since I killed it (mostly) off anyway. Can we get a ruling please?

Shadowcaller
2009-05-16, 08:55 PM
I didn't see it as a big deal since I killed it (mostly) off anyway. Can we get a ruling please?

Its not that I'm against your post. Its just that Reinholdt posted this:

Fair warning. Be EXTREMELY careful about bringing in new units.

St. Nil did it earlier. But it was fine. Why? Because each unit he brought in, he sacrificed one or more of his units to do so. I felt this was more a transfer of units.

Mordokai did it as well. But he also sacrificed and the unit wasn't on his side, rather attacking everyone indiscriminately.

Shadowcaller does it now. And it's pushing the line. But the fact he didn't actually kill stuff with it and made it make sense means I'm letting it pass. I mean, turning Alma into a pair of flesh eating animated gates was pretty cool.

Nah. This is just a warning so that no one tries to abuse the mechanic. Something which hasn't happened yet, but I want to lay it out now so that it WON'T happen.

That is all. Keep up the awesome work guys. :smallbiggrin:

Saint Nil
2009-05-16, 09:04 PM
I just don't see it as gamebreaking or imporatant enough to matter. I did it so others could have a more entertaining fight. Sorry.:smallfrown:
V-Wheh.:smallsmile:

Shadowcaller
2009-05-16, 09:05 PM
I just don't see it as gamebreaking or imporatant enough to matter. I did it so others could have a more entertaining fight. Sorry.:smallfrown:

Hey, I don't consider it game-breaking. :smallsmile:
Its just that I was worried about it was against the rules stated by Reinholdt, but I'm sure he can accept this since it as you said, was not that big.

Reinholdt
2009-05-16, 09:16 PM
Right. Well if there are no big objections, I suppose it slides. Shame though. I was rooting for the Jello Goons to win.

Also from the looks of it, eventually someone is going to have to take someone else out before the final post. Or perhaps not. *waits to see*

Recaiden
2009-05-16, 11:49 PM
The Eradicator had just finished its repairs when it was caught up in the wild energy, becoming stronger than ever. It walked over to the broken corpses of its human allies and absorbed them into itself, including the B-cells, the helix DNA mixing with the rampant spiral energy throughout the battlefield. With no one to hold left alive on its team to hold it back, it's only a matter of time before it becomes a manic, telepathic, out-of-control killing machine. Luckily, there are no allies for it to accidentally hurt.:smallamused:
What? I'm...I'm part of the machine now? I suppose the Earth still has need of me. Tony was wrong. This, this was why we awakened. These things must be destroyed.
The Eradicator listens to the strange ideas coming into its mind, and picks out the disturbance in the air of the infiltrators. They may be silent and invisible to normal eyes, but the Scrin sensors are much more sophisticated. Of course, they try to dodge the disintegrator rays, the plasma bolts, the blasts of psionic energy. They aren't terribly successful.
There, Charlie. You're avenged.
The Eradicator turns toward the immobile plant across the base. It hears whispers of fame and power, demands for blood. The Hexapod's alien mind has no concern for this though, and it merely looks up to see the plant's tendrils reach toward it. They're cut off before they get close by disks of plasma, and the blasts of energy have much greater effect on Audrey II than bullets or knives would.
Yes. Kill the aliens.
The .6 zombie shambles towards it, but the machine just sort of steps out of the way, not even wanting to kill such a pathetic foe.
Meanwhile, the diatryma has ceased its random running about, its mind completely in thrall to Scrin machinery.
Did we really need more power? Ha!
It rushes towards the Alma-gates, stopping just short of their reach, and begins leading them straight towards Darth Mordenkainen. The mini-ganmen swarm over it and kill it, allowing the summoned creature to return home, and then the gates reach down and swallow them.

Casualties:
4 Dimir Infiltrators
Diatryma
Audrey II
Mini-ganmen

What?: The Eradicator was repairing itself anyway. It still has mind control and disintegration weaponry, plus weird spiral powers. When it absorbed Yuji using its Lifeform Recycling System. it became infected with the B-cells (also, double-helix DNA). So, it'll become obsessed with the desire to kill all humans, undead, aliens, or anything unnatural. It will also turn into even more of a biomechanical monstrosity than it already is, very quickly due to its regeneration. And it may teleport away from sufficient danger.

Mordokai
2009-05-17, 08:53 AM
Do we give Fin one last chance or is it my turn already?

Shadowcaller
2009-05-17, 09:59 AM
Lets see...
The supercharged eradicator first teleports to Mordokais base and kills one infiltrator, then to the middle of the battle-field and kills one infiltrator and then to my base and kills one infiltrator.

And during this time it also kills both Fin's units, and the infiltrator that is hiding inside the tower.

Is this correct Recaiden?

Reinholdt
2009-05-17, 10:31 AM
Do we give Fin one last chance or is it my turn already?

One last chance. Plus this will give you time to prepare yours and me time to reread through the thread and try to obtains some trophies or awards or something of the like.

Recaiden
2009-05-17, 12:34 PM
Lets see...
The supercharged eradicator first teleports to Mordokais base and kills one infiltrator, then to the middle of the battle-filed and kills one infiltrator and then to my base and kills one infiltrator.

And during this time it also kills both Fin's units, and the infiltrator that is hiding inside the tower.

Is this correct Recaiden?

No, I did not know where they were, and assumed them to be together. Now that I know where they are, the one in the tower would not have been killed, nor the one in Mordokai's base. Only the ones in your base and the middle of the battlefield, since they're out in the open.

So those 2 are alive, but I'm looking for them.

Reinholdt
2009-05-20, 11:22 AM
It is now Mordokai's turn.

Recaiden
2009-05-21, 05:19 PM
Hello? We need you to post to end the game, Mordokai.

Reinholdt
2009-05-22, 08:59 PM
Right. Mordokai still has about 14 hours before finale time.
*poke*

Rutskarn
2009-05-22, 09:43 PM
The tension is killing several other people.

What? I get antsy when I'm nervous.

Reinholdt
2009-05-23, 01:19 PM
Right. Ok. Can't wait on Mordokai any longer.

Here is how it's going to work, though. Each participant in this game will send me a PM with their vote on who they think should win. No voting for yourself. In light of absences, I will not wait for Fin or Mordokai's vote. If the other three still think they should win, that's fine by me and will be reflected in the votes.

In the event of a tie I'll privately get an audience member to break it.

Narration will go up after I have some semblance of an idea of the outcome and can think of something reasonably awesome.

Reinholdt
2009-05-25, 10:06 AM
Alright. Would an audience member who's read the whole thing contact me via please? Thanks.

Reinholdt
2009-05-25, 10:40 AM
Winner has been chosen. Final narration will be up later today.

Reinholdt
2009-05-26, 01:42 PM
My apologies for the delay. Hopefully this ending is awesome enough to make up for it, though I doubt it. My apologies if not.

THE INSANOWAR 3 FINALE:

All the fighting.
All the senseless violence.
The maiming and the murdering.
The wanton destruction.
The Reaper's buffet.
And... yet... all the ducks were ignored. A mallard can only take so much emotional punishment. So when the duck tears began to flow from the fowl feathered flock, it's little wonder that the cavern slowly began to flood...

Darth Mordenkainen's boots splashed in the rising tide. The sooner he could end this, the better. It's a good thing he wouldn't have to wait long as the Eradicator Hexapod walked right up to him, a pair of animated gates not far behind. "So you show yourself. Prepare to meet your doom at the hand of Fan-Service!" Darth Mordenkainen's lightsaber he got from his father rose, the red blade fluctuating. "Do. Your. Worst."

And so the Hexapod did. Firing it's disintegrator beam at Mordenkainen. The sith easily blocked it with his saber. Only to find that that was a really, really bad idea. He looked at the now empty spot where his weapon once stood. "Oh cr..." The blast of psionic energy threw him backwards where he landed with a thud in the water, skidding backwards. The sith inched his way back into a standing position. He wasn't beat yet.

The Dimir assassins thought this was the perfect time to strike. One leaped at the Hexapod, but soon found itself melted by a plasma bolt. The other actually attempted to sneak up on Darth Mordenkainen. The shipping-born dark lord taught him a lesson he wouldn't forget soon about the force, catching the assassin with his superior senses and throwing him at the Hexapod, who stomped on it.

And began to assimilate it...

"NO!" He watched with horror as the cloaking features of the assassin now combined with the Hexapod's already unusual lack of a proper force signature all but turned the giant robot invisible to Darth Mordenkainen's senses.
*splash*
*sploosh*
Not entirely invisible. :smallamused:

Mordenkainen leapt up out of the water which were now up to his knees and onto a nearby rock. "Time to juice things up a bit." He stretched out his hand and send waves of force lightening throughout the entire cavern, using the duck tear lake as a conductor. The Hexapod groaned and creaked as electricity shot through it, starting to fry its systems, making its cloaking technology fail, and generating smoke.

Mordenkainen let out a dark chuckle as he poured even more into the lake. "Shocking isn't it? MWAHAHAHAHA-Oof!!" The sith's triumph was interrupted as he was smacked off the rock and into the water. "ARRRRGHHHH!!" The quickly dissipating electricity still took it's toll on him, crackling through his body. He weakly looked at the flesh eating gate that attacked him. Of course. Such things would be unaffected by electricity at all.

The Hexapod took advantage of the delay to start repairing itself, fending off one of the gates with a leg, trying to crush the beast and stop it's unending assualt. Mordenkainen looked around for something to use against the nightmarish gate closing in on him. Spotting a sword, he reached out his hand and had it flung to him. The weapon that helped kill his father was his now. Even with the tip cut off, it was still a weapon to be feared. Sephiroth's Masamune now belonged to him.

Mordenkainen stood. "I am Darth Mordenkainen. I am the product of the darkest forces in the universe. I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED BY A GATE!" He leapt, the forces of gravity practically ignored and cleanly sliced through the gate, ending its short lived false life, even as the Eradicator Hexapod finished off the one assualting him.

They turned to face each other, each with renewed fury. The battle that resulted was epic beyond belief. Plasma bolts cut in half by the mystical sword. Psionic forces wresting back and forth between the force and the machine. Obstacles ripped from the ground and tossed at each other, slashed apart by futuristic and magical weaponry. Battle of wills as each tried to control the other's minds. Electrical charges clashing midair with disintegration bolts only to explode, sending both combatants flying backwards.

But where Mordenkainen started with a slight advantage, he was quickly falling behind as the water level rose to his hips and started to slow him down tremendously. He clenched the Masamune even tighter, prepared for one last devestating attack. The Hexapod had left itself open on the left side and would pay for that with it's...

*chomp*
"OWWWW!!! What the hell?!"
Mordenkainen looked down at the floating sixth-tenths of a zombie that had finally gotten high enough and close enough to take a big chunk out of the sith's arm. "You little bastard!" He pushed the zombie off of him and with a series of motions, chopped the partial zombie in a whole lot of little pieces, ending its unlife.

Only to learn the deadly mistake of being distracted by a zombie while fighting an Eradicator Hexapod as he got disintegrated. And plasma bolted. And psionic blasted. And stomped upon. Several times. Repeatedly.
And once more for good measure.

Leaving only the Hexapod alone to go duck hunting.

Congratulations go to:
RECAIDEN! You won Insanowar 3!

Also congrats to everyone else! All of you were great players and there was a lot of awesome moves this game.
Trophies or something similar will be coming soon!

Recaiden
2009-05-26, 04:57 PM
That was awesome, and not just because I won. I didn't expect the ducks and zombie to come back like that.

Reinholdt
2009-05-28, 02:23 AM
Trophies
Recaiden
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1656/i3rec.jpg
You won! Congratulations. Maybe your experience in the first one helped you out this time. Most likely it was just having a giant robot of doom that could assimilate parts and your own skill. Either way, job well done.

Shadowcaller
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7205/i3shadow.jpg
Not sure what exactly it was between you two, but you and Recaiden sure seemed to have it out for each other. Fortunately you both fought fair, despite being at each other's throats (with a dimir assassin blade). Just make sure you sleep with one eye open.

Saint Nil
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1696/i3saint.jpg
Whether sacrificing units for new ones or fusing together unholy units in ways that just SHOULD NOT BE, you manipulated your units to get you what you needed when you needed it. Well done sir.

Mordokai
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/6101/i3terraintwist.jpg
Things looked pretty rough for you there for a while. So when you threw everyone for a loop by sacrificing your own units in order to get the terrain to attack people, you just showed how creative you can be under pressure.

Fin
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3692/i3fin.jpg
Well Fin, maybe it was your zombies. Or maybe it was Belkar. Or maybe it was just because you were providing the cake. But somehow or another, for much of the game your units were left intact. When it came to defense you were the best.

Right. Well I hope everyone had a good time. Feedback is appreciated. Thanks for coming out to Insanowar 3!

Mordokai
2009-05-28, 03:26 AM
I had fun and maybe I'd play again. Good job at narrationg Reinholdt, the random events were fun, tough I wish I'd find a way to put ducks to good use. Thanks for an award, even if that pun hurts me to the bottom of my blackened soul :smalltongue: