PDA

View Full Version : Need help with picking feats for 20th level Wizard

Raenir Salazar
2009-03-16, 11:32 PM
I have choices of either Silent/Still Spell, any of the first School Concentrations (the +1 dc ones).

Im thinking Still Spell to escape BigBy's (this is a NWN2 Persistent World char, all chars hgiher level then me are spellcasters) or +1 DC and try to raise my DC's on either I think Transmutation (as I like Disintigrate) or Necormancy (Finger of Death and other Death magic).

Thoughts?

Swooper
2009-03-16, 11:36 PM
I think you might be better off asking in a NWN2 forum than a D&D one - even if NWN is based on D&D, not everything that applies to D&D applies to NWN.

That said... If you're limited to those feats, you can pretty much get all of them, and you have to, really - a 20th level (non-human) wizard has 11 feats, and you have a choice of 10 feats so at least one of your feats will be wasted on doing absolutely nothing, three if you specialize :smallconfused:

Raenir Salazar
2009-03-16, 11:37 PM
I mean, I lvl 19, Im leveling up to 20, I have a choice of ONE of those feats, now building a character at lvl 20.

Swooper
2009-03-16, 11:44 PM
It'd help to know what feats you already have, if you're specialized in some school or not (and then what schools you've barred), what spells you use the most, what kinds of enemies you find yourself facing often, what your other party members are and so on. There's no such thing as "TMI" in this regard.

I'll also reiterate my initial point: You should be asking this question on a NWN2 forum, not here.

Raenir Salazar
2009-03-17, 12:17 AM
Possibly, but doesnt hurt to spread my net so to speak.

Feats: Combat casting, extra spell slot 7,8 Greater Spell Penetration, Empower, Maximize, Quicken, Extend, Spell Casting Prodigy

So as of level 20 I will have I think +9 Int for DC's, nth for level of spell + 10.

So 28 for a 9th level spell.

So far based on what spells I like using

6th Level: Flesh to Stone, Disintigrate (Transmutation)
7th Level: Finger of Death, Avasculate (Necomancy)
8th Level: Empowered Disintigrate (Trans), Extend Bigby grasping Hand (Evocation),
9th Level: Wail of Banshee (Necro), Maximized Disintigrate (trans), Energy Drain (Necro), Empower Finger of Death Necro.

So thats 3 Transmutation spells I like, 4 Necromancy Spells I like, 1 Evocation spell, and one something. But I generally memorize far more Disintigrates though then anything else. (Pesky fort saves grr)

monty
2009-03-17, 12:20 AM
Assuming it's the same as regular D&D, Energy Drain is also Necromancy.

Teron
2009-03-17, 02:56 AM
... but has no save, assuming, again, that it works as in real D&D.

Fishy
2009-03-17, 03:48 AM
Meh. Stilled Dimension Door or something is nice to have in a pinch, I'd go with that rather than a random +1.