PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] dumb question - what is the devil version of a half-celestial?

Meat Shield
2009-03-17, 01:04 PM
I am having a senior moment apparently - what template do I need to give a lawful evil version of the half-celestial? Thanks guys.

Indeed.
2009-03-17, 01:06 PM
Half-fiend.

It's alright, we all have those days.

Meat Shield
2009-03-17, 01:10 PM
Jeez, it was more obvious than I thought. Thank you, Indeed!

Ladorak
2009-03-17, 01:48 PM
Dude, that's one freaky looking half-fiend squirrel

hamishspence
2009-03-17, 02:17 PM
shouldn't it have bat wings?

Though there was the skiurid in MM IV: basically, a killer squirrel from the Shadow Plane- quite creepy if done right.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2009-03-17, 02:32 PM
Half-fiend can basically be Half-anything-you-want (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060630a).

Meat Shield
2009-03-17, 03:39 PM
Ladorak and Hamish - it is actually a vampire ninja death squirrel (although it ended up not being far off a skiurrid)

Came from a session where the DM had us against a vampire who ruled this forest. But instead of the usual stuff, he captured squirrels and bit them, turning them into spawn. Dozens of them. Dropping out of the trees. On me. Had six or seven of them latched on to me at once, and only because I pumped Con with that PC was I able to avoid dying due to blood loss alone. Only thing that saved us were fireballs basically targeted on me, little bastards had nothing for hit points, but there were so damn many of them. And he also added some strange template that they each exploded when they died. Nothing like having six furry grenades on you when you get hit by a fireball.

Anyway, as soon as they started falling on us, I blurted out "Ninja Death Squirrels!". And then the blood sucking commenced. Thus giving birth to the Vampire Ninja Death Squirrel that is my avatar.

Good times, good times.

And Biffoniacus, thank you for that link - I feel a little customization coming on....

hamishspence
2009-03-17, 03:54 PM
nice homebrew? concept. I've always thought making Vampire a Humanoid-only template was a bit limiting (animals, monstrous humanoids, and other types version is included in Ghostwalk, but thats a fairly obscure book)

Vampire Animals for the win, I say.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2009-03-17, 05:11 PM
Vampire can be added to Monstrous Humanoids already. I've used Vampire Harpies before, it really scares my players now when villagers start disappearing at night and all anyone saw or heard was singing. Replace their Dodge feat with Ability Focus: Captivating Song, since Vampire gives Dodge as a bonus feat anyway, and their DC goes up to 20 at CR 6. Add one class level and the elite array (Cha 15 base), +1 Cha at level 8, and it has a DC 24 at CR 7.

hamishspence
2009-03-19, 12:55 PM
Good point- it was the Giants, Vermin, Animals, Fey, Aberration, Dragon, bit in Monstrous Vampire template in Ghostwalk that made it good.