PDA

View Full Version : The Butler Estate [ACRO]

Pages : [1] 2 3

Reinholdt
2009-03-18, 10:54 PM
At the end of a long trek is a golden gate and a large golden fence. Almost heavenly. On the other side of the gate is a guard shack. Inside, the guard on duty reading his magazine is an obvious catboy. Like Butler he has on nothing but shorts and a collar. He is slightly more grizzly though and his smile isn’t as warm. But it's still a friendly smile all the same.

Beyond the gate is a very large, very well maintained lawn. A large grassy field even. Far in the distance, practically specks in the eyes, are what appears to be buildings. Catpeople seem to mill about the lawn in various spots but details are difficult to view from this far out.

The guard looks up from his magazine as the portal opens up and drops the travelers just outside the grounds.

OOC Rules:
1. No controlling the NPCs to do anything that would be considered unlike them to do. Remember sirs and ma'ams at the end of every sentence they say.
2. No destroying the place, or doing something to it that'll produce a similar effect (for example, no placing a massive time freeze on the entire area forever). At least not without me around to approve it.
3. No godmoding/godmodding.
4. Players are allowed to make NPCs speak in whatever tone, colour, and font they so choose. Sirs and ma'ams at the end of sentences! (Yes, I said this twice.)
5. Please try and keep posts longer than one or two lines of speech. Description is appreciated. One-or-two-liners that don't do much are OK once in a while - but not regularly.
6. If you want random smashy hahaN00BlulzFun, here's not the place. Anything spammy, random, or just plain annoying, can go! Of course, if your silliness is in moderation and well-roleplayed, and considerate of other players, then welcome in.
7. The NPCs here are numbered, not named. Numbers start around 50000 and go up to an unspecified amount. There are a few below 50000, usually the older trainers.
8. It takes at least a month to walk here from GLoG. It is in fact on the edges of ACRO and recently declared its own separate nation.

The Main Estate:
Following the long brick path that cuts down the middle, the group will eventually see that not only are there buildings, there are very large buildings. Seven buildings in all, each one practically a mansion in itself. To the right of the path, three buildings look the same and have a dormitory feel. To the left are three other buildings, each distinct. As the first one is approached, the faint sounds of several yelps, howls, and meows can be heard, almost in a primal chorus. Finally, the largest and most decadent one at the end of the center path seems to overshadow the rest, being twice the size of the others, and is clearly the Main Manor. Behind the Main Manor appears to be a lovely lake-pond and some woods.

1-3. Dormitories.
4. Breeding House.
5. Cafeteria.
6. School/Hospital.
7. Adam's Main Manor.

Inside the Main Manor foyer:
Anyone entering the main foyer will see a rather lavish room. Chandeliers, silken chairs, a number of large oaken doors leading off, and a splendid staircase with an ivory banister leading up to other floors. Most prevalent is the extremely large painting that adorns the center of the opposite wall where the staircase branches off. In it are two people standing side by side. One of a fairly odd looking catboy. His ears seem more pointed and his features more gaunt and taller than normal catboys. Not necessarily unattractive, though not as near to Butler in sexiness. With piercing green eyes and golden hair, the portrait seems friendly enough. Next to the catboy is a catgirl. She seems darker than the catboy. Perhaps this is simply due to the pure black of her hair and gray eyes. She has her own gothic beauty about her. Both are well dressed and by the way they hold each other's hands, lovers.

Two catgirls with sunglasses and headsets in addition to their usual attire stand at the bottom of the staircase, while two more stand at the far corners of the room. Obvious bodyguards.

Note: While the estate and the manor are the primary RP spot, this is in fact a budding nation. There are more lands and buildings beyond this that holds more catpeople and their assets.

Catpeople, growing up in Felina, and various miscellania:

Numbers at the base of the neck, visible only under ultraviolet light.
All catfolk don't wear shirts and in fact usually only wear shorts + collars. Some catgirls wear bras. Though far from all. The only catperson here that does not wear a collar is Adam.
Catpeople are trained from birth for their profession.
Trainers carry whips and use them to train the catpeople in their profession, as well as to ensure they say sir or ma'am in every sentence.
At age 15 catpeople choose their own name and move on to either working in Felina or are assisted in finding a job outside the nation.
Approximately 50% of all money made by employees outside Felina returns to the Estate. This is Felina's primary source of income.
Short lifespan, average age 40. Fertile at age 8 or 9.
Catboys are requested to return 4 weeks of the year (One week per season) to breed. This is due to the low number of catboys in proportion to catgirls. Only about 15% of catpeople are catboys, while 85% are catgirls.
Interspecies breeding with catfolk is possible if special medication is taken beforehand. There are a few rare instances of it occurring without medication.
All catpeople in Felina get a special injection right after birth to make slightly less intelligent and more obedient through life. Some catpeople are more affected by this than others, but the effects are quite permanent. Combined with training makes for extremely pliable workers.
Essentially, catfolk here are the ultimate in domestic service. Happy, obedient, unquestioning workers, who can also cater to their employers’ sexual desires.
A few catfolk do not willingly comply with all the above. These catfolk are not eliminated like one might expect, but are let free to go live as they wish, so long as they do not return and play rabble rouser. All catpeople get a choice when they reach breeding age to continue with the program they have here or leave. Less than 0.1% leave due to not wishing to comply with the rules set out. The rest start breeding to ensure the species' survival.

Services:

The catpeople here are considered by many to be the ultimate domestic workers as well as sexually desirable. They are hired out as skilled employees. Those who wish to hire a catperson should come here.
Those higher up and with the proper connections may hear about Felina's "special services". If you're willing to pay the high price, you may hire your own catgirl ninja for an assassination job. They can do other jobs as well, but truly specialize in single target elimination.
Adam is a highly intelligent and skilled geneticist. His greatest achievement is finding a way to change a person's race. Indeed, he was once an elf before he and his wife turned themselves to catpeople years ago and started this project. He may be hired to change a character's race. A great way to go underground when you're on the run. If you have the cash.

happyturtle
2009-03-18, 11:01 PM
Decker looks around, pleased with what she sees, and hoping there's a pond somewhere on the grounds.

Reinholdt
2009-03-18, 11:10 PM
Upon seeing Butler and Irene he presses a button and the gates open wide to let them in. He steps out clipboard in hand. “Number sir, ma’am?”

“34126 sir. She doesn’t know hers sir. We’re not even sure she’s a member sir. We’re here to find out sir.”

The guard looks down and scribbles something on the clipboard before heading back into the shack and typing something in on a computer. He leans out. “Will you be doing your spring week while you’re here sir?”

“Yes sir.”

The guard nods, and types some more. “Alright sir. Head on in sir.” He smiles at the group. “Adam sir will be expecting you and your guests at the main manor sir. Have a good stay sir, ma’ams. Oh and make sure you say hi to Siren sir, ma'ams.” The guard returns to magazine.

The path further in awaits. Butler and Irene start heading down it along with anyone else.

happyturtle
2009-03-19, 07:33 PM
"What's a spring week?" Decker asks as she skips along.

Darkcomet
2009-03-19, 07:59 PM
DC comes out from the GLoG portal outside the grounds.

He glances at the guarded gate and sighs.

Reinholdt
2009-03-19, 08:05 PM
"Spring week ma'am? All catboys of the family are requested to participate ma'am. It's our breeding week ma'am. One for each season, winter, summer, autumn, and spring ma'am."

Irene looks sort of shocked at this.

Comet is let in as well. It's presumed he was with Butler and Irene when they arrived and are with them now. Ret-conned and all that.

happyturtle
2009-03-19, 08:09 PM
"You mean you have kittens? Can I meet them?" :smallsmile:

Darkcomet
2009-03-19, 08:12 PM
Yay retcons.

DC is silent, smiling slightly at Decker.

Reinholdt
2009-03-19, 08:19 PM
"A great number most likely ma'am. Though I wouldn't know which ones they are ma'am."

Irene :smallconfused:.

Following the long brick path that cuts down the middle, the group will eventually see that not only are there buildings, there are very large buildings. Seven buildings in all, each one practically a mansion in itself. To the right of the path, three buildings look the same and have a dormitory feel. To the left are three other buildings, each distinct. As the first one is approached, the faint sounds of several yelps, howls, and meows can be heard, almost in a primal chorus. Finally, the largest and most decadent one at the end of the center path seems to overshadow the rest, being twice the size of the others, and is clearly the Main Manor. Behind the Main Manor appears to be a lovely lake-pond and some woods.

All along this long trek are catpeople. Fewer at first, but as one gets closer to the main buildings their proliferation is evident. Romping through the field, laughter can be heard from a number of them. Some play in the oversized swimming pool located just before the dormitories. Others lay sprawled out reading or chatting. And still others surround an older looking ones giving a lectures. All share some common elements. It seems none of them are without a collar and shorts. None of them have on shirts. Most of the catgirls have bras on, though not all. And the number of catgirls vastly outnumbers the number of catboys. Roughly four or five catgirls for every catboy.

Of note are the ages of the catpeople. The vast majority are young. From toddler age to what looks to be middle to late teenager. However, almost all of these are watched over by an adult catperson. Of interest is that all of these adult catpersons have by their side a whip. Indeed, in between the chatter and laughter the occasional whip cracking can be heard, followed by cries of pain. Sometimes short, sometimes longer. Looking at the younger catpersons backs, welts and marks can often be seen even on the youngest of them. In fact, the younger they are, the more marks can usually be seen. As one looks at the older cat persons these seem to diminish in number or not be there at all. Despite a number looking to be in pain or crying from being whipped, the large majority seem happy and enjoying themselves.

Darkcomet
2009-03-19, 08:27 PM
DC looks around confusedly.

One might note he's now floating.

Reinholdt
2009-03-19, 08:38 PM
Butler continues heading towards the Main Manor, seemingly unconcerned, though he smiles a lot. Irene keeps behind Butler, looking around pretty much like Comet is.

A number of the catpeople are stopping what they're doing to watch the non-catpeople.

One that looks to be around six points at Comet. "A human. A human magician!" At that second one of the older catgirls nearby brings her whip down on the little one's back. The kid immediately cries out in pain. "'A human sir. A human magician sir!' It's not too hard ma'am. You'll get the hang of it ma'am." The kid just rubs her back, looking to be near tears.

Darkcomet
2009-03-19, 08:52 PM
DC winces, but decides it would be best if he didn't say anything. He's ever so slightly outnumbered, after all. :smalltongue:

He continues following Butler.

Reinholdt
2009-03-19, 09:43 PM
Butler makes his way up the steps of the wondrous and wondrously large mansion, Irene following. The doors open inwards of their own accord, without even having Butler knock.

Anyone entering the main foyer will see a rather lavish room. Chandeliers, silken chairs, a number of large oaken doors leading off, and a splendid staircase with an ivory banister leading up to other floors. Most prevalent is the extremely large painting that adorns the center of the opposite wall where the staircase branches off. In it are two people standing side by side. One of a fairly odd looking catboy. His ears seem more pointed and his features more gaunt and taller than normal catboys. Not necessarily unattractive, though not as near to Butler in sexiness. With piercing green eyes and golden hair, the portrait seems friendly enough. Next to the catboy is a catgirl. She seems darker than the catboy. Perhaps this is simply due to the pure black of her hair and gray eyes. She has her own gothic beauty about her. Both are well dressed and by the way they hold each other's hands, lovers.

Moving from the painting to the catboy standing in front of it, it isn't long before the resemblance is caught. This is the same as the one in the painting. Though he's no longer well dressed, he seems to be the same age. He, like all others here, has on naught but shorts. However, unlike everyone else he has no collar. In fact there are no marks to indicate that he's ever even worn one. From his bearing, it seems fairly clear he's the master of this manor.

Two catgirls with sunglasses and headsets in addition to their usual attire stand at the bottom of the staircase, while two more stand at the far corners of the room. Obvious bodyguards.

The catboy starts descending the stairs enthusiastically. "34126! 36985! Welcome home!" He goes and hugs Butler who returns it warmly. "Hello Adam sir. A pleasure to be back sir." He hugs Irene who just squirms awkwardly unsure of what to do. He lets go and looks at her inquisitively, especially at the spot where here missing collar would be.

But decides to deal with that later. He turns and gives the others in the group a small bow, smiling warmly. "Friends I presume? Welcome to my estate. My name is Adam. Whom do I have the pleasure of meeting today?"

happyturtle
2009-03-20, 05:06 AM
"I'm Decker!" :smallsmile:

Darkcomet
2009-03-20, 06:38 AM
I don't usually post in FFR at this time, but I figure I should post before the forum crashes again. :smallsigh:

I go by Darkcomet.

Reinholdt
2009-03-20, 11:52 AM
"Well it's a pleasure to meet you Decker and DarkComet. Come in, come in." He motions for them to come in. "I was just about to sit down for lunch. Would you care to join me? I'm sure you have a fair number of questions, as do I."

He looks up ever so slightly. "Siren? Siren are you there?"

RabbitHoleLost
2009-03-20, 01:01 PM
"Well, of course, Sir. I'm always here." A chipper voice seemed to fill the foyer, and came audibly from all directions, so that each and every person present may feel as if the female voice was directed at them and them alone, and that the source of such a voice was directly to their side.
To Adam's side, pink material blinks into existence, shimmering and dancing about before forming a female figure (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Hito-chan/000_0003.jpg), beautiful, in an odd, technological way.
Unseeing eyes glanced around the group, and landed directly on Butler.
"34126, you're home!" Siren disappeared, only to reform by Butler's side and throw her digitalized arms around him. Butler and those nearby should feel their hair/fur stand on end, as being touched by or being near to Siren is something like rubbing against a statically charged balloon.
"Ooo, and 36985, too! Its been a while since I've seen your beautiful face." Pink hands grabbed for Irene, as well.

Reinholdt
2009-03-20, 01:12 PM
"Hello Siren ma'am. Doing well I hope ma'am?" :smallsmile:
Butler gives the AI a nice hug.

Irene on the other hand sort of shies away, even as she blushes at the compliment. She'll hug Siren, but look rather uncomfortable doing so. "Why do you people keep calling me that? My name's Irene. And his name's Butler."

Adam :smallconfused:. "Well yes, those are the names you picked when you left. Hmmm. Many questions indeed. Come we'll talk over lunch. Siren, could you tell the staff to set four more spots at the table?"

RabbitHoleLost
2009-03-20, 01:33 PM
If Siren noticed Irene's discomfort, she didn't make a show of it, instead opting to give a slight bow to Adam.
"Of course, Adam, sir." And she skipped off, disappearing on the third hop in a shower of pink digital sparkles.

happyturtle
2009-03-20, 02:52 PM
Decker holds hands with Butler and follows wherever he goes, looking around at everything.

Darkcomet
2009-03-20, 04:00 PM
Forum's not dead? *blinks*

DC will follow, floating behind slightly. He's looking around rather suspicously.

Reinholdt
2009-03-20, 04:52 PM
Well it's a luxurious mansion. Describing it in detail would take forever and doesn't seem all too important. It seems fairly modernized too, as one can see various places for high tech computer stuff wired into the walls. In a luxurious manner of course. No doubt for Siren to get where she wants. Most of the doors open automatically.

Two of the bodyguards peel off and follow the group, keeping a comfortable distance as to not feel intrusive.

The group reaches the dining room. A large table capable of seating at least fifty awaits. Not covered in food of course. That would be wasteful. Three catgirls are already seated near the head of the table. Adam heads up. "Sorry my dears, there'll be no pudding wrestling today." Various "Awww, sir" and protests go up, but Adam holds out his hand. "Now, now. Maybe the guests would like to see it tomorrow. But for now they traveled a long way and probably aren't up for it. I must attend to them first." There are pouts, but they fall quiet.

Adam seats himself at the head of the table, and two of the catgirls move to three seats down from him on either side. The third goes to Adam and practically drapes herself over him, sitting in his lap. Adam scritches her ears and smiles. Butler offers Decker the seat closest to Adam on his right side and sits next to that. Irene sits across from Butler, leaving Comet a seat next to Adam on his left side. Or one of the further chairs. The chairs are some of the most comfy you've ever sat in in your life.

"Food will be arriving shortly and, well, we have plenty of time to get to all the questions. As guests and friends you're more than welcome to stay here for as long as you like. So let's start out with some easy ones before moving on to obvious business. How is it the two of you know 34126 and and 36985?" Adam glances at Irene. "Err... Butler and Irene."

happyturtle
2009-03-20, 05:03 PM
"I'm Butler's wife," Decker says cheerfully.

Darkcomet
2009-03-20, 05:22 PM
I'm just a friend.

DC's tone is rather dismissive.

Reinholdt
2009-03-20, 05:27 PM
Adam nods to the dismissive Comet, maintaining an aura of friendliness.

It's a good thing these chairs are sturdy because Butler almost fell over backwards in it.

Adam turns back to Decker. :smallsmile: "Oh? Well congratulations. Shame. I'm usually invited to their weddings. Usually because there aren't too many for our catboys. Few wives can get past the idea of their husband coming back to mate with so many women. Why didn't you tell me you were married 34126?"

"I... I didn't know sir..."

"Didn't know?" Adam looks at Decker inquisitively.

happyturtle
2009-03-20, 06:06 PM
"Oh, you couldn't have gone. We were in hell, and prisoners. I gave Butler my cloak, and that bound me to him," Decker says.

Darkcomet
2009-03-20, 06:12 PM
DC is silent.

Reinholdt
2009-03-20, 06:20 PM
"I see..." :smallconfused:
"Well that's his affairs really. I shall have to make sure to get you a belated wedding gift before you go though." He looks over to Comet. "And you? Are you trying to woo Irene here? Hopefully you'll at least get married in heaven." He winks at the two of them.

Irene blushes profusely and shakes her head a bit. Adam laughs. "Of course not. Just a friend right?" He grins.

Darkcomet
2009-03-20, 06:29 PM
DC just shakes his head embarrasedly.

No, nothing like that...

Reinholdt
2009-03-20, 06:39 PM
Adam laughs again. "Well you should consider it. She's a nice girl." He shakes his head and looks at Irene. "But enough of that. I'm curious. Why didn't you remember your number?"

Irene shakes her head. "I'm afraid I don't remember much of anything before a few weeks ago."

Adam looks at Comet. "Amnesia?"

Darkcomet
2009-03-20, 06:43 PM
DC sighs and nods. That would be the case. I would try to help, but the last time I tried to help someone with amnesia it didn't go so well. I'm psychic, if it's not obvious. Please don't confuse me with a magician.

happyturtle
2009-03-20, 06:45 PM
Decker leans over and whispers to Butler. "You didn't know?"

Reinholdt
2009-03-20, 06:59 PM
Butler shakes his head and whispers back. "No ma'am. I had no idea ma'am. Though I can't think of better person to not know I'm married to ma'am."

Adam smirks. "I'm a bit smarter than that thanks. It was pretty obvious from the get go. Well I guess you're here to learn something then?"

Irene nods. "Yes. Anything you could tell me would be nice."

"Alright. Any of you are free to ask questions as you wish. I suppose I should start with the basics. You're 36985. You chose the name Irene W. Wagh when you left at fifteen. You are 27 years old. This is 34126, who chose the name Butler B. Butler when he left. He is 32. And I am Adam, catboy prime and master of this estate."

Food is brought in. The catgirl in Adam's lap licks one of his ears and then goes and takes a seat to eat. "Ah there we go. Help yourselves." Though fish is prevalent, a great many other choices are available as well.

Darkcomet
2009-03-20, 09:29 PM
DC doesn't eat much, though just by the look of the rather skinny psychic it would be better for him if he did.

How did this place come to be? This isn't something that springs up overnight.

happyturtle
2009-03-20, 09:40 PM
Decker skritches between Butler's ears as she whispers back. "I'm married to you for as long as you live. But you don't have to be married to me unless you want to be."

Reinholdt
2009-03-20, 09:45 PM
Butler smiles. "No, it's quite alright ma'am. I'm more than fine with it ma'am. We'll just have to take a honeymoon later ma'am."

"Oh it took a great deal of time to build and a large amount of money. But me and my wife had it built a few hundred years ago. Before I began work on the experiments. Four hundred maybe? One rather stops keeping track of these things."

Darkcomet
2009-03-20, 09:50 PM
DC blinks. Are all of you that long-lived?

Reinholdt
2009-03-20, 10:07 PM
Adam laughs. "Hardly. I guess I should explain in more detail."

"I may be what you could call the first catperson. At least the first known one at the time. I was once an elf. You see, I'm a scientist. A great deal of work and study of genetics, and I finally mastered a way to actually change a person's very race. Of course, what to do with this technology? Create my own of course. I changed my own race. Of course, it wasn't completely perfect. I had to make further changes down the line. But it worked. Fortunately for me I'm still blessed with my elven longevity."

He motions to Butler. "The catpeople actually developed into having relatively short life spans and very different aging patterns. The average life span of a catboy is pegged at roughly fourty years. Old age sets in rapidly rather than gradually. 34126 here has about three to four years before he starts growing old quickly, then maybe another three after that before death. Until that begins he'll remain in prime fit condition. They become fertile at around 8 or 9 and roughly mature at age 15. Which is about the time I have them sent out to the various groups, people, and employers that purchase them."

Darkcomet
2009-03-20, 10:17 PM
DC blinks, then, rather concerned, glanced to Decker and Butler.

happyturtle
2009-03-21, 10:30 AM
Decker isn't quite as distressed about this as might be expected. The difference between another six years or sixty doesn't seem like much to her.

"But why do you raise them to be servants?" she asks, her tone curious rather than accusing.

Reinholdt
2009-03-21, 12:33 PM
Butler's not surprised cause he already knew about it.
Irene looks discomforted, but not by the age thing.

"Well not all of them are raised to be servants. Most yes, but we also deal in a number of other domestic services. Irene here for instance was trained from the get-go to be a waitress."

"See at birth we inject them with my own special formula. Makes them more pliant, more obedient, though less intelligent which isn't necessarily a bad thing from what I've seen. Then we train them, pretty much from birth, into their profession. The whips you no doubt saw are correctional tools. At age fifteen, they choose their own name and are released into the world. Catboys are requested to return once every season. And most all of them send back fifty percent of wages as requested."

Adam swishes his win and takes a sip. "It's quite nice actually. I've built the perfect worker. Able to perform their profession with a skill that takes decades for others to master and also provide for any sexual desire their employers might have. And they're all rather happy. It wouldn't do for them to be unhappy." He smiles at the catgirls further down that are eating quietly. They all give a big childish grin back.

happyturtle
2009-03-21, 12:39 PM
"That's very interesting. But it wasn't the question I asked," Decker says thoughtfully.

Reinholdt
2009-03-21, 12:44 PM
((I totally didn't misread the question.
Nope.
Not me.
>>
<<
HUSH!))

"I'm sorry? You have a better recommendation? There's always a job opening for a servant or two. Makes the employer feel better too. Or am I misunderstanding the question?"

Irene is clenching the table, her fists white.

happyturtle
2009-03-21, 12:57 PM
"I asked why you raise them as servants. What's your motive?"

Reinholdt
2009-03-21, 01:06 PM
"My motive?" :smallconfused:

"I thought I already explained that. It's efficient. It brings money in, generates good connections with employers, and makes them happy. And most importantly, it ensures they have a job."

happyturtle
2009-03-22, 10:59 PM
"Okay," Decker says and smiles her normal cheerful smile, having decided that she's not going to learn anything this way. "As long as Butler's happy, I am." She continues to scritch Butler.

She hasn't touched her food, of course.

Reinholdt
2009-03-22, 11:57 PM
"As am I." Adam's not really sure how else to explain things. That's pretty much all there is to it.

Butler purrs slightly, smiling.

Irene stands up suddenly. "How could you?! You, you... SLAVE DRIVER!!" She storms out, looking thoroughly disturbed.

:smallconfused:
"Ah yes. I forget sometimes not everyone is too fond of my methods. I hope she comes to realize it's for the best." He waves his hand somewhat dismissively. "Regardless, the rest of you shall be given rooms in the main manor and may stay for as long as you'd like."

happyturtle
2009-03-24, 12:22 PM
(He creates a race of catpeople because he can. He makes them servants so they can earn their keep. He could also not breed so many of them and not have to worry about their keep. So the question remains, why does he want his people to be servants?)

Decker continues to not eat or drink anything, and to scritch Butler's ears.

Reinholdt
2009-03-24, 12:58 PM
((The better question would be why breed so many?))

"Is something wrong with your food Mrs. Decker or are you just not hungry? We could get you something else if you'd like."

Butler continues his humanly-purring.

happyturtle
2009-03-25, 03:35 PM
"I'm not exactly a normal species either. I'll take care of my own dietary needs later."

Reinholdt
2009-03-25, 03:43 PM
"Hmm. Very well. Like I said, stay as long as you wish as my guest. I'll have a maid or two at your beck and call while you're here, should you want for anything. Feel free to explore the estate. Now I hope you don't mind if you'll excuse me. I have much to do." Adam stands up and prepares to head off to do other things.

Butler leans closer to Decker and scratches the base of her horns a bit. "I should get some rest ma'am. I get started tomorrow."

Kaelaroth
2009-03-31, 05:39 PM
There's a faint ripple of dimensional activity, and, with a rumble, a black portal forms outside the perimeter of the estate, perfectly two-dimensional, now hovering there, quietly. LaRoth, looking simply stunning in a black evening dress, her chesnut coloured curls streaming down her back like a flowing river of power, steps out, delicately, on expensive black high heels, and starts to walk towards the building, gracefully stopping when needed to.

Reinholdt
2009-03-31, 06:30 PM
The guard in the gatehouse, hereafter conveniently labeled as 45678, looks up from his book as someone new approaches. He stands and steps out, approaching the gate and LaRoth. "Good evening ma'am. Here for a visit ma'am? May I ask your name and reason for visiting ma'am? May I also ask if this is your first time visiting ma'am?"

Kaelaroth
2009-04-01, 02:22 PM
I'm here to buy. My name's Dr. LaRoth. She presumes there's no need to divulge her first name. And, yes, it's my first visit. She smiles at him, with her carnivorous illusory lips. May I go in?

Reinholdt
2009-04-01, 02:42 PM
The guard nods. "Just one second ma'am." The guard steps back into the gatehouse and types some things into the computer. After a few seconds, the gate swings open. "Welcome to the estate Miss Laroth ma'am."

What appears to be something of a bellhop catboy appears nearby. His shorts are red and he has the matching colored hat. "52894 here will escort you to the manor ma'am. The master Adam will talk to you about the details ma'am. Have a pleasant stay ma'am." The bellhop offers to lead Laroth down the path, pointing out the various buildings and trying to answer any questions she may have about the estate itself.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-02, 06:00 AM
LaRoth makes quiet, pleasant conversation in eloquent, refined tones, though not to sound snobbish or particularly attractive to him; not that she thinks the catboy would get that idea in the first place. However, she does wince, ever so slightly, at the lack of capitalization of the "r" in her name, eventually pointing out the emphasis on it. I imagine such conversation will continue till the bellhop leads her to Adam, though I may well be wrong.
As she walks, she fiddles with the elegant little silver wristwatch on, unsurprisingly, her wrist, and her dress flickers from a balck evening gown to a forget-me-not blue summer dress, embroidered with white flower patterns.

Reinholdt
2009-04-02, 11:53 AM
The bellhop catboy makes for decent conversation, though occasionally gets lost like Butler. Not nearly as badly as Butler, though, and easily returned on track. Butler is something of an extreme example of the catfolk here.

They reach the Manor and the doors open on their own. There on the grandiose staircase stands Adam. He walks down slowly, carefully, almost regally. "Ah, Doctor LaRoth. A pleasure to meet you. Please come in, come in. I heard you're interested in purchasing an employee." He reaches the door and motions for her to enter.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-02, 02:42 PM
If your creations are as wonderful as I've heard they are, frankly I'd like to purchase several. Of course, I'd like to know as much as there is to know, or as much as there's sensible to know, now, first. She smiles at him, as she walks inside.

Reinholdt
2009-04-02, 03:10 PM
Adam will lead LaRoth further in, and take her to the dining room so they can sit and talk over a meal, should she be so inclined. "Well, they are less my creations and more my children." Adam fills LaRoth in on the basics, and anything else mentioned in the prior conversation with Decker should it come up. She'll have to ask directly if there's any specific questions that aren't already known by players. "They'll pretty much obey any order you might have. Now were you looking for a specific job type? Butler, maid, waitress, cleaning services, assistants, clerical duties, something else? We have a wide variety of choices."

Kaelaroth
2009-04-02, 03:13 PM
Hm. Say someone completely insane wanted meaningly cannon fodder, would you be averse to that, what with the cat-people being your children? She asks, smiling, before ordering herself a plate of shrimp. I'm looking for a personal assistant, firstly.

Reinholdt
2009-04-02, 03:21 PM
Adam frowns. What an odd question. "I would be quite adverse to it frankly. Not only for the moral implications, and the personal reasons, but also because it would be throwing away highly trained, skilled workers. It hardly seems efficient."

"Ah, but of personal assistants, we have a few ready to go. Let me send for some of them, to show you." Adam sends for them via the AI of the estate. Who can show up and be all rebellious or something now if she wished. :smalltongue:

But if not, ten catfolk bordering on the age of fifteen should arrive and line up. Seven are catgirls and three are catboys. All only wearing shorts and collars and as a rule, relatively attractive. "Feel free to ask them any questions you'd like."

Kaelaroth
2009-04-02, 03:23 PM
LaRoth approaches the youngest of the males she can find who's brunette. Or has the most brown tones in his hair. *shrug* Your name is? Telepathically, she asks Adam Would they do anything I told them to do? How unintelligent are they, too?

Reinholdt
2009-04-02, 03:37 PM
"Aidan A Phaest ma'am." The brunnette gives a warm smile, looking excited that he might get a job.

Adam thinks to himself a bit about his opinion on psychics. Which is actually quite neutral. But answers LaRoth's questions out loud. "Well they won't do anything you tell them to. In an extreme example, they won't, say, murder somebody. But pretty much anything else you can think they'll probably do. But they are still each their own person. As for intelligence, you'll find that most are just below average. Of course, a few don't get the treatment and are able to develop their intelligence naturally. Personal assistants, however, are not included in that. You'll find that they are quite trained in their profession, though. To the point where they are what you could call experts. We find this helps offset any intelligence issues that may come up."

Kaelaroth
2009-04-02, 03:41 PM
LaRoth walks round Aidan, inspecting him, occasionally trying to pinch his skin, muscles, and buttocks, to see how healthy he is. Are you trained in combat, Aidan, dear? And are you a good actor? Can you read and write in more languages the just the one we're speaking now? Can you write shorthand, and calligraphy? Can you type?

Reinholdt
2009-04-02, 03:50 PM
Aidan is pretty healthy. Almost as much as Butler. They do a good job here keeping up with stuff like that. LaRoth can probably tell that he's trying real hard not to react when she pinches him in some places.

"I am not a combatant ma'am. I have no idea how good an actor I am as it's never come up ma'am. I can read, write, and speak in six different languages, including draconic and elvish ma'am. I can write both shorthand and calligraphy as well as type ma'am."

Adam watches indifferently.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-02, 03:56 PM
Resting a hand on Aidan's buttocks, she speaks to him, whilst simultaneously talking to Adam telepathically. Aidan, will you be a good worker, for me? You won't run away from me, if the going gets tought? You'll be loyal?
To Adam: What rights do these creatures have, away from here? I won't get cops coming down on me for some kind of freaky enslavement gig, will I?

Reinholdt
2009-04-02, 04:03 PM
"Yes ma'am. I'll be good for you ma'am. I won't run away just because the work might get a little tough ma'am. I'll be loyal and do as you say ma'am."

Adam waits until Aidan's finished, smiling slightly as he notices the pleasant look on Aidan's face. "They have the same rights as everyone else. Hence why you'll be paying 71269, or Aidan as he's chosen, wages. But no, there will be no cops or anything, because this is not an enslavement gig. Furthermore, I have all the papers in order. Everything that occurs here, including business transactions for employees, is all perfectly legal and lawful."

Kaelaroth
2009-04-02, 04:08 PM
LaRoth, moving away from Aidan, goes to look over the papers.

Reinholdt
2009-04-02, 04:12 PM
Adam has copies brought for LaRoth to go over. It's all in order, and is in fact legal.

There's also some other papers in another pile for the "purchase and hiring" of Aidan, if LaRoth wishes to go over those.

Kaelaroth
2009-04-02, 04:15 PM
LaRoth's interested by the idea of purchasing him, and looks over them, too.

Gnrlshrimp
2009-04-02, 04:22 PM
"Hmm...how very useful that a place...such as this exists." The Third mutters, stepping out of a pool of inky blackness by the gatehouse. Rather unusually, The Third is dressed up in the manner of a gentleman aristocrat today. He's even wearing a monocle. His suit looks like it must've cost a fortune, and is perfectly ironed, his shirt made of the finest material, even his cufflinks are bright, encrusted with diamonds...

An odd outfit to wear, but The Third rarely wears sensible clothing...

He stares thoughtfully at the buildings in the distance and waits patiently for the guard to acknowledge him.

Reinholdt
2009-04-02, 04:25 PM
There's a relatively small sign up fee, and the wages are listed. They are what one would expect for a skilled assistant, though a little on the high end of the scale. Not surprising though.

45678 steps out of the guard shack. "Good day sir. You here to visit sir? May I ask your name and reason sir? And is this your first time visiting sir?"

Kaelaroth
2009-04-02, 04:32 PM
Assuming there's nothing preventing her from firing him, LaRoth signs up, and smilingly tries to link hands with Aidan. Thank you. Is that all, Adam?

Reinholdt
2009-04-02, 04:42 PM
Nope, nothing to keep her from firing him. And as long as she pays the upfront sign-up fee... "That's everything involved. Unless you wish to hire more or have any questions of course."

Aidan links hands and beams, his tail flicking with excitement. "Oh thank you ma'am. I promise you won't regret it ma'am."

Kaelaroth
2009-04-02, 04:44 PM
LaRoth smiles at Aidan, and, paying Adam with crisp American banknotes, tries to teleport herself, and her new assistant, to a private room in the Taverna.

Gnrlshrimp
2009-04-02, 04:46 PM
The Third shudders briefly in disgust at 45678's use of sir after every sentence. He sighs and replies, "My name is The Third. I'm...interested in hiring an assistant...and yes, this is my first time...visiting."

Reinholdt
2009-04-02, 04:53 PM
Adam is payed. He wishes LaRoth well and then Aidan and LaRoth are teleported to the private room in the Taverna.

The guard nods. "Just one second sir." The guard steps back into the gatehouse and types some things into the computer. After a few seconds, the gate swings open. "Welcome to the estate Mr. The Third sir."

The bellhop catboy appears again. "52894 here will escort you to the manor sir. The master Adam will talk to you about the details sir. Have a pleasant stay sir." The bellhop offers to lead The Third down the path, pointing out the various buildings and trying to answer any questions he may have about the estate itself.

"Busy day today sir." 45678 says to no one in particular after returning to his post.

Gnrlshrimp
2009-04-02, 05:17 PM
"Right..." The Third follows the bellhop, taking everything in around him. Sure, he hates every inch of this place, but that doesn't mean it isn't interesting.

Reinholdt
2009-04-02, 05:23 PM
They reach the manor where the doors open up for him. It should be noted that Adam is standing on the staircase again. It seems he enjoys regally walking down it. "Welcome, The Third, to my estate. Please come in, come in. I heard you're interested in hiring an assistant?" He motions for The Third to come in, maintaining his friendly appearance.

Gnrlshrimp
2009-04-02, 05:32 PM
"I am...indeed. Nice place you've got...here, by the...way." The Third is of course lying. He hates this place already, but he might as well try and keep the negotiations friendly, even if it does involve bottling up his hatred.

Reinholdt
2009-04-02, 05:40 PM
"Thank you sir. I put a lot of hard work into it." Granted, it wasn't his hard work, but hard work was involved.

"Right this way." Adam will lead The Third to the same room LaRoth was in earlier. "Now this is just a personal assistant, correct? Or is there something more specific involved?" The Third will notice seven catgirls and two catboys lined up as if on display. The personal assistants LaRoth was looking at earlier.

Gnrlshrimp
2009-04-02, 05:53 PM
"There is something more...specific. The main job for the...assistant, will be looking after my...cats. They can be very troublesome...at times, and I cannot have them...interfering any more. Furthermore, they have a nasty...habit of finding ways around...locked doors and other such...things. So I need someone capable...of dealing with the terrors, and everything...they try." The Third says, not really explaining just how bad his cats can be...

And he also neglected to mention that his home is a world filled with nothing but hatred and darkness...

I wonder why.

Reinholdt
2009-04-02, 05:59 PM
"So you're looking for pet handlers? We don't get nearly as many requests for those. So there's only a few choices." He calls for them after sending away the personal assistants. "That is odd, being able to get past locked doors." A few minutes later, two catgirls and a catboy arrive with their shorts and their collars. "These are the handlers ready for employment. How many cats did you say one would have to keep track of?"

Gnrlshrimp
2009-04-03, 07:07 AM
The Third takes quite a while to answer, eventually sighing and saying "Hundreds...Too many for me to count off the...top of my head. But only a...few at a time try to follow...me. The pet handler will have...to make sure those that try...to follow me don't succeed, aside from that...the cats can basically roam free. Obviously there'll be quite a lot of litter trays...to clean and so on...but I'd hope that a decent...pet handler could manage that." The Third takes out a little notepad and writes a couple of things down as he talks, perhaps just to confirm what he says later. "All the food bowls and...litter trays are kept in one room. The...cats can hear the sound of food...from anywhere within the building...and the litter trays are all...grouped together as well. A big job, yes, but not as...big as it sounds."

Reinholdt
2009-04-03, 01:41 PM
"Hundreds?!" :smalleek:
"These aren't zoo keepers you know. You may be looking for something else." Well maybe not, but it seems to be a two man job at the very least. To them anyways. They probably can still get talked into doing it.

"How in the world did you get so many? And why?"

Gnrlshrimp
2009-04-03, 02:32 PM
"They are...like a punishment, of sorts. Something I cannot...get rid of, no matter what I try. I...don't even know what they are a punishment...for. Anyway, it may seem like a...lot, but these are no ordinary cats...either. They keep themselves remarkably...clean, never get injured, never get sick...they don't need anyone keeping an eye...on them. Only someone to sort out their food...litter trays, and to make sure...they leave me alone." If they could be injured, or infected with diseases in some way The Third would've got rid of them a long time ago. "A zoo keeper...would have to take much better care of each...individual animal than is necessary here."

Reinholdt
2009-04-03, 03:01 PM
"Hmm..." Adam thinks for a bit. "Well, I'll leave the choice up to them as to whether they want to do it or not." He turns to the catfolk. "If any are not interested, feel free to walk away now." One of the catgirls turns and leaves. The other two stay.

Adam turns back to The Third. "Well that settles that much at least. Feel free to ask them whatever you wish. I'll have the paperwork brought." He motions to another catgirl maid, who exits the room.

Gnrlshrimp
2009-04-03, 04:40 PM
"Very...well." The Third walks over to the two catpeople and inspects them. After a moments thought, he addresses them. "Regardless of how big a job it may sound, feeding...them and sorting out their litter trays took me no...longer than two hours in the morning and two...in the evening. What would you do during...the rest of the day, hmm?" He taps his foot, impatient for an answer mere moments after he asked the question.

Reinholdt
2009-04-03, 05:14 PM
"Anything else the cats or you would require of me sir." The catboy speaks up.
"I'd probably spend the rest of the day doing that other job you required sir. Making sure they don't try to follow you sir," says the catgirl.

The maid returns and sets the papers down. Adam continues watching The Third patiently.

Gnrlshrimp
2009-04-03, 05:20 PM
"And if I didn't require anything, and the...cats were behaving themselves? If there...was nothing else you could do that was part...of your job, what...then?"

Reinholdt
2009-04-03, 05:25 PM
"Er... I suppose I might read a book or go on a walk or something sir."
"Or go swimming sir. Maybe play a game sir."
"Or try to woo the nearest girl sir."
"Or guy sir. Especially if he's hot sir."
It's not often they get asked what they do in their leisure time.

Adam watches intrigued. What did that have to do with the job?

Gnrlshrimp
2009-04-03, 05:43 PM
The Third turns to Adam. "No, that question had nothing...to do with the job. But how...else am I supposed to pick one over...the other? Unfortunately, aside from their genders there is...no obvious difference between..them." The Third considers possible ways of making a decision briefly before eventually coming up with a solution, well, hopefully a solution anyway. "The catboy...who guided me to the building had a...number. I assume that means...you each have numbers. What are...they?

Reinholdt
2009-04-03, 05:53 PM
Adam watches even more intrigued. Did The Third just read his thoughts? Would that make him something like the third psychic to visit in one week?

"78340 sir." The catboy replies.
"80212 sir." The catgirl replies.

Gnrlshrimp
2009-04-03, 06:23 PM
"No, I didn't read your...thoughts. I'm just very good at guessing...what people are thinking. Besides...it was an odd question, what else...would you have been thinking?" The Third says to Adam. "Hmm...very well, I've decided. The number 80212 seems somehow...better for the job. Don't ask me...how. I have no idea." The Third heads over to Adam, and the inevitable paperwork, and takes out a pen. "I hate reading through all this stuff...but it's inevitable whenever one makes...a purchase of this sort."

Reinholdt
2009-04-03, 06:42 PM
Adam's starting to think how annoyed he's getting at Mr. I don't read your mind, I just guess.

"Very well. Take all the time you need when reading through it. It should be all in order." Catboy 78340 leaves, and catgirl 80212 grins slightly, flicking her tail with excitement. Wasn't the most glamorous job, but she'd do it anyways. Besides, she'd get to spend a whole lot of time with a bunch of cute kitties. That sounds like fun.

There's the usual sign up fee and agreement to wages, but the papers are all in order.

((You may godmode her and give her a name and such after purchase. She's all yours. Middle initial should be H. though.))

Gnrlshrimp
2009-04-03, 06:47 PM
The Third fills all the paperwork in, etc, hands over the money, etc, then leads 80212 towards a pool of inky blackness.

"Spare me your name, 80212. Keep...it to yourself. I have no intention...of getting to know you well. You're coming...with me to do a job, not to converse...with me." He says as he leads the catgirl into the pool of blackness. Yes, she gets to spend a lot of time with lots of kitties, but her employer certainly isn't a very friendly man...

The pool slowly fades away, along with any sign of The Third ever being there.

Lord Magtok
2009-06-05, 02:39 PM
Mr. Peter Raven strides towards the...wait, no. Striding isn't what Raven would've done, was it? A look at the MagCave file on the guy, and a review of his brief time in the place, and "Uncle Raven" is walking just as the warrior would've done back when he was alive, his smile is in place, and even his heartbeat is adjusted.

Anyways, Raven approaches the Estate to meet with Adam for that assassination contract.

Reinholdt
2009-06-05, 02:47 PM
*fastforwards through the gate and the escorting to the entrance hall of Adam's*

Like always, he's standing on the stairs so he can dramatically walk down as he greets his guests.

"Ah. Mr. Raven I presume?"

RabbitHoleLost
2009-06-05, 02:49 PM
Siren, who hasn't made much of a peep since earlier in the thread, 'peers' out from behind a corner at the man.
Of course, its all just for show, as the Estate's AI could 'see' him without even having a visible form.

Lord Magtok
2009-06-05, 02:58 PM
Oh shoot. Would Raven bow at a moment like this? And what was his text color? Hell, we'll just have to wing it and hope for the best. "Uncle Raven" bows, and smiles politely at his host.

The one and only. And you'd be this Adam I've heard so much about, then?

The man tries to ignore the AI. Interest in technology and science is Magtok's thing, not that of a warrior. He'd have to ask about it later, while in his own body and such.

Reinholdt
2009-06-05, 03:06 PM
Adam provides a slight bow of respect in return. "I doubt you've heard all that much about me. We're not too well known out here on the border, even if we do provide a lot of services. Speaking of which, I hear you're interested in our... deluxe deals."

Lord Magtok
2009-06-05, 03:28 PM
Don't look at the AI, ignore the AI, don't pay attention to the...Oh fudge. Can it see the shiny circuitry in my head? Am I risking everything by thinking this? Fudgefudgefudge...

I make it my personal business to know about such...unorthodox businesses, though.

You're blowing it, you lost your cool, you just used business twice in the same sentence. Oh gods, why couldn't you have just gone as you?

Raven's expressions harden, he puts on his "This is serious business, guys" face.

There is a man, he goes by the name "Astir", who's been getting cozy in my territory. Now, while my clan and I would normally take care of such things on our own, we've been rather preoccupied with more important matters. My niece hasn't been herself lately, and there's been a string of accidents in the family that need to be attended to. If one of your employees could do away with this man for us, we'd be very much in your debt, Adam.

Reinholdt
2009-06-05, 03:37 PM
"Of course. Though it wouldn't be my employee, it would be yours... Mr. Raven." Emphasis on the Mister. "Come with me if you please." He turns to lead Mr. Raven into the bowels of the estate. Particularly to the basement where an ominously large locked door stands with a whole bunch of fancy locking mechanisms.

Lord Magtok
2009-06-05, 03:47 PM
He didn't know Raven. Didn't hear a thing about him. You've nothing to worry about. Calm down. He meant nothing by that italicized text.

Peter follows behind quietly.

Reinholdt
2009-06-05, 03:52 PM
It turns out there's a series of ominously locked doors. Using various things from eye scans to hand prints to passwords to a little brass key.

But they finally get through all that into a hallway. On one side glass to see through into what is an obvious intensive training program for... ninja catgirls. Well what did you expect it to be?

"These children of mine are spared from the intelligence dampener in order to keep them highly skilled and able to react to all situations. Of course... they're not cheap. But they do their job. And they do it well."

It should be noted that way down on the other end of the hallway is another locked door. I wonder what's back there?

Lord Magtok
2009-06-05, 04:06 PM
Rest assured, I'll be able to meet your price.

Oh dear. That's an awful lot of defensive measures. We'd better not upset him, or we could be sealed away for a very, very long time. As for the next door, unless the duo are going to go through it, it really doesn't concern the clan leader at the time. Maybe someday, some brave freedom fighters and adventurers will rally together to tear this icky place apart, and he can see what secrets lie beyond, but until then, he'll just have to wait and...

Oh, right. X-ray vision, duh. Before checking out the door, Raven allows his gaze to linger on one of the catgirls for a moment, as any other guy would probably do, whilst simultaneously making a mental note to wash his eyes and brain in acid to dispose of that horrid sight. Gods, this plan and disguise better be worth it.

Reinholdt
2009-06-05, 04:12 PM
Behind the door are stairs downstairs. Seems he should be looking down, not sideways if he wants to use x-ray vision to find out stuff.

"That's fine. After the initial fee, you basically have the assassin in your employ at all times, though each hit does cost you. Not as much as the initial fee of course." He turns to look through the window and grins. "Any that strike your fancy... Mr. Raven? Perhaps that one above you?"

Lord Magtok
2009-06-06, 04:06 PM
Something...weird happens with Raven's spine. It stretches out to one side, taking his head and shoulders with it as he moves away from its previous location, intent on not being underneath whatever was above him. It may make him appear a little high-strung and nervous, moving out of the way like that, but hopefully it'll get Adam to stop saying Peter's name with italics and accept him for who he claims to be.

The warrior looks over the one who was above him, assuming there's no pouncing or similar acts to deal with.

Perhaps. Any specialties, magic-based talents, powers differing in the individuals I should be aware of?

Reinholdt
2009-06-06, 04:52 PM
Nah. The catgirl ninja just somehow hangs there, almost entirely blending in with the ceiling. And stares at him.

"No magic. And I make it a point to not have any wildly differing power levels." Sure you could make a super alpha version, but that version was guaranteed to grow a conscience or a vendetta and come back, taking down all those other highly trained ninjas you got and blowing up your entire operation in a movie blockbuster hit.

"There are specialties however. Sniping, poison, knives, infiltration. Take your pick."

Lord Magtok
2009-06-06, 09:06 PM
Raven blinks for a moment, as the results of a certain cyborg's fight in GLoG stream into his mind. He also takes the time to return to his normal body proportions.

Sniping, with some decent stealth and physical combat talent tossed in, this one's a upper middle tier PC.

Reinholdt
2009-06-06, 10:16 PM
".... Sure." Whatever that was supposed to mean. Adam gives Magtok a strange look before pressing the intercom.

"66666. Come here." A few minutes later said ninja catgirl shows up.

"Best sharpshooter we have right now. Trained in all areas, like all are assassins, but specializes in those areas you mentioned. Now as for payment, the initial hit and hiring is 5 Million US dollars or its equivalent and subsequent ones are 2 Million. The initial hiring also ensures your name goes down on our list of people whom will never get targeted by our assassins. So, it's a bit of protection as well for you Mr. Raven."

Lord Magtok
2009-06-06, 10:27 PM
Not Magtok, Raven! Get it right! :smallmad:

Raven smirks, and reaches for his wallet. That number there was a scary, evil one, and anyone with a number and skill like that had to be a sign.

She'll do fine, Adam.

Reinholdt
2009-06-06, 10:32 PM
Don't you accuse mah OOC speech of foul play! :smallmad:

"Very well. Then I shall put down... Peter Raven as the person who will never get targeted. Unless you're interested in giving me your real name. We consider customer service and protection of the greatest importance. But we can't help you if you don't help us help you."

Lord Magtok
2009-06-07, 10:50 AM
Fudge, he knows. But he doesn't know it's Maggy, does he? That'll just have to do, then.

I'm sorry Adam, but I believe anonymity to be a better form of security. I hope I haven't offended you with what I've deemed a necessary precaution.

Reinholdt
2009-06-07, 01:05 PM
Adam shrugs. "No not really. I felt it was important to be clear as to where we stood however. Helps prevent unpleasant surprises down the road. All right. If you'll just sign here and here and here..." The contract is brought out.

Lord Magtok
2009-06-07, 01:14 PM
In any case, Raven's a good friend, I'm sure he won't mind being taken off a list of possible assassination targets.

"Raven" looks over the contract for fine print and foul play, and assuming he finds neither, signs the bill with a silly grin.

Reinholdt
2009-06-07, 01:20 PM
No foul play. Bad for business, don't you know.

Last chance to x-ray downwards if you wanted to see what's down there.

"Alright, finally the payment, and you and 66666 can go on your way and discuss your hit."

Lord Magtok
2009-06-07, 01:26 PM
Raven looks down with those radioactive eyes, trying to make it look like he's simply looking closely at the contract before handing it over to Adam. He then reaches into the wallet, and brings out the money in diamonds. He'd normally use a check for this sort of thing, but the fake can't really risk having that tracked down to him, can he?

A pleasure doing business with you, Adam. Out of curiosity, what gave me away?

Reinholdt
2009-06-07, 01:31 PM
"Before hand research. I have my resources as well. Should've picked a different name." He happily accepts said diamonds, examining them carefully to make sure they're real.

Including the throwing one real hard to make sure it doesn't shatter.

As for down below? Well there seems to be labs. He is a scientist first and foremost after all.

But below that seems to be humanoids lined up in rows. They appear to be holding some sort of stick and walking in strange particular patterns all in sync...

Lord Magtok
2009-06-07, 01:41 PM
The diamonds are entirely real. Raven wouldn't be cheating his way out of payment whilst still trapped down here, that'd be silly. As for the occulty humanoids, it isn't his concern, or something he can do anything about yet. When things clear up, sure, he'll point Zee in their general direction and watch from a safe distance, but until then, there's business to deal with.

Drat. And I'd put so much effort into my acting and the shapeshift thing.

And so, Raven tries to lead his new employee with him to the Taverna, shapeshifting into a bland, generic elf on the way there.

Reinholdt
2009-06-07, 01:43 PM
Occulty... right.
>> Not at all army like or anything.
*cough*

"Have a good day Mister Raven."

66666 follows. And should probably get a text color soon. Or maybe she doesn't speak to be more stealthy? Hmmm...

RabbitHoleLost
2009-06-10, 01:18 AM
As 'Raven' disappeared, Siren fully formed her holographic form, bouncing after Adam curiously. ((Ignore this is days later...)
"He was an odd fellow, wasn't he, Mr. Adam?" Again, her voice had that tinkling of artificiality, though there was something also mischievous about it.
"Very nervous at some points. I watched his emotional energies peak. Its not unusual for your clients, I suppose, but there was something different about that."
For something that was supposed to be so smart, sometimes Siren was pretty stupid.

Reinholdt
2009-06-10, 10:49 AM
Adam smiled at Siren. "Well he was just a bit odder than the rest. Add Peter Raven to the list that can never be targeted if you please."

Adam flicks his tail and starts working his way back to the main part of the building. "He was nervous because he was lying about who he was and didn't want us to know for some reason. Doesn't trust us despite our good reputation. Understandable considering this business. But you're right. There's probably a bit more to it than that. Perhaps he truly fears the person he's trying to knock off?"

RabbitHoleLost
2009-06-10, 05:18 PM
"Of course, Sir." And, even as she continued speaking, the task was done.
"Well, that isn't so strange, is it? Often times people want those who scare them dead. Almost always, actually. Or, I would think so. Isn't that how people think?" The AI made a confused look upon her 'face', and, as she walked alongside Adam, throwing him in her glowing pink light, she sighed.
"I think I have what you would call a 'bad feeling', sir."

Reinholdt
2009-06-10, 06:36 PM
"Sometimes its people who scare them. Sometimes its just a wife someone wants dead for the money. Sometimes its politics. I suppose fear could play a little part in all of them."

Adam frowns. "A bad feeling, huh? You think 66666 can't handle this one?"

ThePhantom
2009-06-10, 09:16 PM
Marley appears at the entrance to the estate.

"Well, at least it looks nice."

Marley heads for the gate.

"May I come in?"

Reinholdt
2009-06-10, 09:24 PM
45678 steps out of the guard shack. "Good day sir. You're here to visit sir? You may come in in one second sir. First, may I ask your name and reason sir? And is this your first time visiting sir?"

ThePhantom
2009-06-10, 09:26 PM
My name is Ebenezer Marley, and I came here to see Adam. And yes, this is my first time here."

Marley plays with his cane while waiting.

Reinholdt
2009-06-10, 09:30 PM
The guard nods. "Just one second sir." The guard steps back into the gatehouse and types some things into the computer. After a few seconds, the gate swings open. "Welcome to the estate Mr. Marley sir."

The bellhop catboy appears again. "52894 here will escort you to the manor sir. The master Adam will talk to you about the details sir. Have a pleasant stay sir." The bellhop offers to lead Marley down the path, pointing out the various buildings and trying to answer any questions he may have about the estate itself.

Reinholdt has to deadtime there though, while Marley explores the more open areas of the estate. Information can be found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5902244&postcount=9).

ThePhantom
2009-06-10, 09:33 PM
While Marley heads to the manor, he keeps his face calm.
However, the hand holding his cane is tightly clenched, and get tighter the closer he gets to the manor.

(deadtime)

ThePhantom
2009-06-11, 02:16 PM
Marley continues heading to the manor, hand still tightly cleched on his cane.

Reinholdt
2009-06-11, 02:26 PM
*cough* Right. Sorry.
The bellhop leads the way, and since there doesn't appear to be any questions, they make it to the manor. The door opens wide and Adam is there once more standing on the grandiose staircase, hand on the banister as he sweeps down the stairs. It's obvious he's in charge due to the lack of collar on him. And those bodyguards that happen to be standing around. You don't run an assassin for hire business secretly without having some body guards. They even have the nifty sunglasses. About six of them. Two at the stairs. Two at the front entrance. And two on the floor above.

"Ah Mr. Marley I presume? Come in, come in. Make yourself comfortable. Say hi to Siren if she's around. How may I help you today?"

ThePhantom
2009-06-11, 02:28 PM
Marley walks inside.

"Nice place you have here. As how you can help me, I would just like to ask you a few questions."

Reinholdt
2009-06-11, 02:33 PM
"Thank you very much sir. Built it from the ground up. Took years to make it as splendid as I have. So I take you have some questions about the estate itself? Or were you interested in looking for an employee?" Adam motions for Marley to follow him. Such things must be discussed over a dinner table with good food, fine wine, and beautiful women draped over laps.

ThePhantom
2009-06-11, 02:35 PM
Marley follows Adam.

"I already have the services of one of your employees. No, what my questions are about your training process. It must have taken you some time to come up with a training program to create a near perfect butler."

Reinholdt
2009-06-11, 02:41 PM
"Hmm... yes, I suppose it did. It helped creating the serum early on too. Administering that at a young age makes the training process a whole lot easier for both the trainee and the trainer."

One of the waiters pulls out a seat for Marley and Adam as Adam sits down. No they aren't solid gold or anything, but they're exceptional and lavish.

ThePhantom
2009-06-11, 02:44 PM
Marley sits down in the offered seat, hand loosing from off his cane.

"Serum? What kind of serum?"

RabbitHoleLost
2009-06-11, 02:46 PM
Siren the pink AI can be sen peeking around the corner, watching curiously.

Reinholdt
2009-06-11, 02:49 PM
Adam rolls his eyes a little and grins before he motions for Siren to come out. "Come on Siren. I'd like you to meet Mr. Marley. Apparantly he's interested in learning the secrets to creating the ultimate domestic worker."

Catgirls try to drape into Marley's lap as the food is served.

"The serum, when administered, makes the subject more obedient, though at the price of some intelligence it would seem. It has to be administered early in the lifetime for the proper effects. We give it to all newborns here."

ThePhantom
2009-06-11, 02:54 PM
"No thank you." Marley says to the catgirls.

"I see. So the serum, while allowing the training to have great affectness, also creates the reason why the end result is not a perfect domestic worker, as a lack in intelligence can often lead to the employer to waste time explaining some basic rules, and create a security risk."

RabbitHoleLost
2009-06-11, 02:56 PM
Siren grinned and bounced over to Adam, draping herself in a way much different than the catgirls attempted to do with Marley.
Whereas they are seductive in their manners, Siren merely acts as a teenaged girl, innocent intentions.
Because, you know, she's an AI. She can't really do anything in that manner anyways.
"Hello, Mr. Marley. I'm Siren.""

Reinholdt
2009-06-11, 02:58 PM
Adam frowns. "No, not usually. They lose... maybe ten-twenty IQ points at worst? I've found the intelligence drop isn't significant and usually can only be seen with a normal distribution curve."

Butler is an exception.

The catgirls leave Marley alone. Adam hugs Siren and gives her a small kiss on the forehead. "Siren here is the AI of the Estate. And a real boon to us here."

ThePhantom
2009-06-11, 03:01 PM
"Hello."

Marley waves a little to Siren.

"I'm sure you probably won't tell me all your secrets about the training, but could you tell me some of the details of your training program?"

RabbitHoleLost
2009-06-11, 03:03 PM
Siren sparkled a bit, electricity running through her system so that Adam's hair and fur might stand on end.
This is, presumably, her way of imitating blushing.
For now, though, she sits and listens to the two.

Reinholdt
2009-06-11, 03:09 PM
Adam grins a little at Siren before turning back to Marley. "I'm not sure what else there is to tell. They get the serum at a young age. Are trained by trainers who, instead of going out into the workforce like the other catpeople, stay here to help the next generations. Of course, different trainers are provided depending on what employment they will grow up into. Whips are proved so as to make sure to rectify anytime the children forget to say sir or ma'am in their sentences. When they reach the age of eight or nine and hit fertility, they begin learning about breeding and how to perform sensual pleasures for their employers, mostly, like anything else, via practice. Does that answer your question?"

ThePhantom
2009-06-11, 03:13 PM
"Yes it does."

Marley's hand tightens on his cane again.

"So, what inspired you to come up with this program? After all, I have never come across a place that runs such an efficient program to create such a high level of skill in domestic services."

Reinholdt
2009-06-11, 03:16 PM
"Well it was my wife's idea originally. I've just carried it on through the centuries and perfected it in her absence. You saw her picture when you entered the manor." You did, you did!

Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5902599&postcount=13).

Yep.

ThePhantom
2009-06-11, 03:18 PM
"So, what happened to your wife? From the picture I saw, only death would cause such a couple to be broken."

Reinholdt
2009-06-11, 03:22 PM
"You are correct Mr. Marley. She died. Skiing accident." He sips his wine and looks off.

"But that was some time ago."

ThePhantom
2009-06-11, 03:24 PM
"So, it now just you running the show, with Siren's help?"

Marley starts lightly tapping on the table.

Reinholdt
2009-06-11, 03:26 PM
"Well for the most part yes, though I have pretty much arranged things so that they could run in my absence. With Siren's help of course. Why?" He watches Marley tapping. Huh.

ThePhantom
2009-06-11, 03:27 PM
"Just wondering. By the way, how do look so young? I thought catperson aged at a similar rate as normal humans."

Marley looks down at the table and stops tapping.

"Sorry, its a habit of mine."

Reinholdt
2009-06-11, 03:31 PM
"Hmm... no. Catpeople actually age much faster than normal humans. Their life expectancy is only 40 years right now. I was not originally a catperson. I was an elf. But I am a scientist specializing in gentic modification. Some time ago I changed me and my wife's race to that of catpeople. However, our longevity stayed. Over many generations of my children and their children, however, the life expectancy got shorter and shorter until it normalized to what it is today."

Adam waves it aside. "No worries."

ThePhantom
2009-06-11, 03:36 PM
"I see. Um, would it be too much to ask to see Siren's central processor?"

Marley's hand gets even tighter on his cane.

Reinholdt
2009-06-11, 03:37 PM
"Yep, it would. Sorry. Such things are sensitive after all. Anything else though?"

ThePhantom
2009-06-11, 03:41 PM
"Well, there is one more thing. I brought a gift with me."

Marley takes out the bottle of Nuka-Cola.

"The catperson where I live enjoys this drink a lot. I thought that you might enjoy it too."

Reinholdt
2009-06-11, 03:46 PM
"Oh. Ummm... thank you." :smallconfused: Odd. Didn't that stuff have radioactive content?

"Who did you say you have employed? You wouldn't happen to know his or her number would you? A name will do though." A waiter comes in to take the Nuka-Cola to the fridge to be chilled.

ThePhantom
2009-06-11, 03:49 PM
"I just know his name. Butler B. Butler."

Marley gestures for the waiter to wait a second.

"Just a moment, there's another part to my gift."

(Great, I have to deadtime now, sorry about this)

Reinholdt
2009-06-11, 03:52 PM
"Oh him. I do so love him. Dull, but one of the best." Adam gives a rather genuine smile. No matter what you say, he loves all the catpeople here. "Is he doing well?"

The waiter pauses.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-06-11, 06:35 PM
Siren fidgeted uncomfortably all the way through the talk of Adam's wife, and then, almost furiously, she sat back when Marley asked to see her central processor, her bright pink lips contorting in anger.
However, these 'emotions' passed quickly, and she bounced up excitedly when Butler was mentioned.
" Oooo, I haven't seen 34126 since he came to visit with that Miss Decker! Please tell me he's doing well."

happyturtle
2009-06-11, 08:35 PM
And a SPGT opens up, with Decker and Butler popping out.

Decker tries to tackle Butler to the ground, and surround them with portals, which send the ionizing radiation out into space.

"ADAM! We need help!"

Reinholdt
2009-06-11, 08:38 PM
Well... THAT was most unexpected. The bodyguards all pull their weapons, pointing the guns at Decker until Adam holds up his hand to indicate they should stop. Any attention Marley had was just lost.

"What's going on here?!" He tilts his head to get a better look at the catman under Decker. "34126?" He steps closer but is unsure about going too close with all those portals about.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-06-11, 08:40 PM
Siren 'jumped' up as well, the building buzzing along with her energy.
"34126?!"
Well, really, how often does that happen? They were just talking about him.

happyturtle
2009-06-11, 08:41 PM
"He's irradiated and dangerous," Decker says. "Do you have a rad suit? If so, I can portal it in here and put it on him."

Reinholdt
2009-06-11, 08:45 PM
It's a One-in-a-Million shot!
Oh right... ACRO...

"Irradiated..." He glances back at Marley and his Nuka-Cola. Hmm... suspicious.

He turns back. "Yes, yes of course I do. Siren can prep it for you quick enough. If you'll please Siren."

Butler is rather quiet. It's not his happiest reunion.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-06-11, 08:46 PM
"Sir."
Siren disappears in an explosion of pink digital pixels, gone for only a few moments before she returns in much the same manner, her face grim as she hands over the suit.

ThePhantom
2009-06-11, 08:48 PM
Marley see that attention has been taken off of him, grabs the bottle of Nuka-Cola and runs out of the room.

"Now, where would a AI central processor be kept?"

happyturtle
2009-06-11, 08:50 PM
He runs a genetics lab! Of course he has radiation gear!

Decker kisses Butler's ears while they wait. "It's okay, Butler. You're just sick and I'm going to take care of you."

A portal appears in front of Adam for him to drop the suit into. And assuming he does so for the sake of saving another post, Decker will then help Butler get into it, and once he has, drop all the portals.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-06-11, 08:50 PM
And, suddenly, there's a copy of Siren running alongside Marley.
Its a great thing about being a giant, all-knowing AI inside of a house. She practically is the house.
Its like Big Brother, but it loves you.
"Hello, sir. Can I help you?"

Reinholdt
2009-06-11, 08:53 PM
Oh yes. Try to navigate the AI's building to find the AI's CPU. Best of luck with that.

Anyways, Adam does indeed drop the suit in. "Can you tell me what happened? And his exact symptoms?" Adam starts leading the way. To the labs!

ThePhantom
2009-06-11, 08:53 PM
"Well, no. After all, I don't think you and I will not get along at all."

Marley deciding that reaching Siren's central processor is out of the question now, stop running and starts walking back to where he saw Adam last.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-06-11, 08:55 PM
Siren pouts. It seems that, even if she knew he was being malicious towards her, she can't really be angry.
Its not in her programming to be angry.
"But...why not?"

happyturtle
2009-06-11, 08:57 PM
"His intelligence has dropped significantly, and he's emitting radiation." Decker says. "Don't worry, Butler, Vidalia and Darkcomet are going to be okay. The doctors will take good care of them."

Reinholdt
2009-06-11, 08:59 PM
Adam is heading towards the back of the house. When he realizes Marley is following him, he stops. "Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to stay here. This place is off limits. Siren will show you to a guest room you may stay in if you wish to wait."

Decker's coming cause... well he's met her once and she brought 34126 with. And she knows what's wrong.

Adam turns back to Decker. "Emitting radiation?" :smalleek: Was that even possible without dying? "Do you know what caused this?"

Butler just nods silently.

ThePhantom
2009-06-11, 09:00 PM
"Because of the methods used here, which you help keep going. You would find them normal and acceptable, while I find parts of them to be inhumane."

Marley keeps walking.

"Of course, since its catpeople who go through the training, and you are an AI, you probably wouldn't see the problem with that."

(Marley is heading for the dinner room, not the labs.)

happyturtle
2009-06-11, 09:02 PM
"I don't know. He drinks a lot of Nuka-Cola, but it had been treated with rad-away. So I thought it was safe. Maybe there was an untreated shipment." Decker says.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-06-11, 09:06 PM
Siren brought a hand to her mouth, making a show of 'thinking', as she followed after Marley.
"Are you suggesting I don't love the catpeople here, Mr. Marley? Because they're the reason for my existance. I love them just as you might love someone. As for whether or not its humane, I've read about parents punishing their children. How different can this be?"
Suddenly, she paused, and tilted her head.
"Can I have that Nuka-Cola, sir?"

Reinholdt
2009-06-11, 09:06 PM
Thought he was following Adam as he left. Oh well. Marley may stay in the diner room.

Adam comes to a door and starts working his way through the various ominously locked doors. He likes to keep his labs safe. Fortunately this route is a direct one to the lab so it skips the assassin training floor and the army training floor.

"Nuka-Cola... like that one that guy brought? A sample would be nice. Siren, could you get one of the waiters to bring the Nuka-Cola gift Mr. Marley brought for examination?"

ThePhantom
2009-06-11, 09:09 PM
"Whips? Limiting their minds to make them more obedient? Where I'm from, either one was enough to get you hanged. Those are not the tools of a loving parent."

Marley looks at the Nuka-Cola.

"Why would you want it?"

RabbitHoleLost
2009-06-11, 09:13 PM
"But they're happy the way they are." Siren pouted again.
"And, you know the saying. 'Ignorance is bliss', isn't it?"
She stopped running, though her standing form continued to move with him.
"We'd like the Nuka-Cola because you said 34126 drank it frequently. It does have a high content of radiation, and, well, it seems 34126 has radiation sickness. Please?" Her pink eyes widened with pleading.
"I want to help 34126 get better."

ThePhantom
2009-06-11, 09:16 PM
"You mean you want it for Butler."

Marley looks at the Nuka-Cola, then at Siren, and back to the Nula-Cola.

"Fine, take it. I'm leaving, so I have no use for it anymore."

RabbitHoleLost
2009-06-11, 09:20 PM
Siren would attempt to throw herself in a hug around Marley. If successful, its likely he'll feel a small static charge, like rubbing ones socks on a carpeted floor.
If not, she'll look dejected, but take the Nuka-Cola anyways.
"Oh, thank you Mr. Marley!"

ThePhantom
2009-06-11, 09:23 PM
"Woah!"

Marley says as he is hugged.

"Okay, thank you for the hug, but I should go before I change my mind about something I may reget latter."

RabbitHoleLost
2009-06-11, 09:24 PM
Siren bows and points to the door.
"I would walk you out, sir, but I really have to get this back to Master Adam." And with a soft smile, she exploded into pink pixels.

But you can bet she's still watching.
Always watching...

ThePhantom
2009-06-11, 09:25 PM
"Goodbye Siren. You know, I was wrong. I think we would get along."

Marley heads out of the manor and heads to the portal back to GLoG.

Reinholdt
2009-06-11, 09:31 PM
Marley is escorted back and apologized to for the interruption. He's told he's welcome back any time.

A waitress comes to take the Nuka-Cola to Adam before he finally turns to continue unlocking his way down to the labs. The other catpeople aren't allowed down there usually. Siren only. "Thank you Siren. This way."

He'll help Decker take Butler down to his labs. It's somewhat generic looking. Lines of tissue samples fill cabinets. Over behind another door and a a glass window there appears to be some mechanical suits. Seems Adam is just starting to get into advanced robotics. Not nearly as advanced in that area as Magtok though. There is, however, a rather human er... catgirl looking pink person.

At least it could be mistaken as a person. Adam put a lot of work into making that synthetic suit for Siren for when she wants to experience the world as a person does and not an AI. It's currently plugged into the wall.

"Over here, over here." He motions for Decker to bring Butler to the table.

ThePhantom
2009-06-11, 09:33 PM
Marley heads through the portal, hoping that Butler will be alright.

happyturtle
2009-06-11, 09:38 PM
Decker takes Butler where indicated, still trying to comfort him as best as she can. "It's going to be okay, Butler, I promise."

Reinholdt
2009-06-11, 09:41 PM
"This is probably going to take a while ma'am. I'm going to have to do a number of tests. Might as well get yourself comfortable." He starts by taking the Nuka-Cola to analyze. If there's something special about this one that Marley brought, nows the time to mention it.

Butler is being rather quiet lately. Especially for him.

ThePhantom
2009-06-11, 09:42 PM
(Its just normal Nuka-Cola. Radioactive, but not instantly lethal.)

RabbitHoleLost
2009-06-11, 09:42 PM
Siren's nowhere to be seen. Just kinda hovering about the estate, nervously worried.

happyturtle
2009-06-11, 09:48 PM
Decker stays very close to Butler, and deadtimes.

Reinholdt
2009-06-11, 09:51 PM
K.

Once Adam thoroughly dissects the Nuka-Cola's properties, which takes hours in itself, he returns to Butler. "Alright 34126. We're going to do a few tests. That ok with you?" Butler nods quietly. I think he may be a little broken.

Adam has Decker put on a radiation suit, before putting on one himself so that Butler may be taken out of his for various tests. MRIs... EKGs... x-rays (which are all funky and pretty much useless)... cat-scans... DNA tests...

"Siren..." Adam says looking at one of the many funny papers he's got back. "I'm going to need cross references on radiation, tumors, both malignant and benign, and the brain. And another one on the endocrine system and radiation. I may have isolated one problem, but this other one is giving me fits. At the very least they appear to be somewhat separate, which is good."

RabbitHoleLost
2009-06-11, 10:20 PM
Siren quickly handed over a pink electronic clipboard, the information Adam requested quickly available.
She flickers constantly, overwhelmed by her own type of 'fear', hovering close to Adam, though incorporeal, so that she's not really in the way.

Reinholdt
2009-06-11, 10:25 PM
"Thanks Siren. And try to get some rest. Even if I think I've figured out one of the problems, I have a lot more tests to do to figure out the second one, make sure they aren't horribly interconnected, then work on possible solutions. It's going to be one of those nights. I may need coffee. Lots of coffee." As much as AIs rest anyways.

Butler is not giving Siren his usual smiles.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-06-11, 10:30 PM
"No, I'll stay here with you, sir." And that was all she said before falling silent again.

Reinholdt
2009-06-11, 10:34 PM
"Ah... silly Siren. Love ya. Alright. And ask if you need to. It may help me go over it in my own head." He goes back to work.

happyturtle
2009-06-12, 08:03 AM
"Please tell me what's wrong," Decker says. "Please tell me you can fix it."

Reinholdt
2009-06-12, 08:46 AM
"I need more time to get the lab results back. These things take time, and I don't have a team working for me. Blood work alone takes hours. I do have a question though. Why weren't you affected by the radiation?" Maybe its something he can use to create a cure.

Book is nearby in the lab somewhere. Close to Butler probably, but it has been ignored by all but him for the most part.

Butler himself is lying down. Crying. Still. He's so worried about Vidalia and Comet. He'd do anything to take it all back.

happyturtle
2009-06-12, 08:54 AM
"Nothing hurts me," Decker says. "Not for long. I don't really know why. Sometimes I get injured enough that I need to go to hell and recuperate. But I don't get sick."

Adam's player is invited to make up whatever pseudo-science explanation he'd like, if Adam chooses to run tests on Decker.

Reinholdt
2009-06-12, 08:59 AM
Adam declines that. Intriguing in and of itself. Something he'd want to run tests on later. But probably not something that would help Butler. "I see. Thanks anyways. It may be a while before I need 34126 again. I need to analyze these. As long as you keep him away from people, you and him may have some time. There is that room I was setting up for Mr. Marley, but he left early. You may have it. It'll give him some time out of the suit he probably needs. Come back later tonight and I'll let you know what I think is going on. If you need anything, ask Siren for it if you would."

happyturtle
2009-06-12, 09:09 AM
Decker gets out of her own suit (which she only put on because it seemed simpler than trying to explain she didn't need it), and leads Butler to the rooms indicated.

She strokes his ears and holds him close. "It's going to be okay, Butler. I promise. I love you."

Reinholdt
2009-06-12, 09:17 AM
Butler will probably take the book with, but only because he considers it a person not an object. Otherwise he would've ignored it.

"I love you too ma'am. I just... I just want... I need for Vidalia and Comet to be ok ma'am." He moves in closer and just breaks out into tears again. "What have I done ma'am?" He saw Vidalia's eyes. She may never see again.

happyturtle
2009-06-12, 09:21 AM
"They will be. And they know you didn't mean to hurt them. It was an accident, Butler." *snuggle snuggle pet pet* "She'll be okay. She'll just need some new eyes."

Reinholdt
2009-06-12, 09:24 AM
He doesn't look convinced, but has nothing more to really say about it. Not that he could anyways. It's hard to talk properly when you're blubbering.

happyturtle
2009-06-12, 11:55 PM
Decker has a small portal to Hell open near her, that has been open for some time.

A little imp clambers through the hole. "I bringing one message, Lady Dekaros!" he says. "Now I go back for other message."

"Thank you, Issi," she says, and kisses him on the head. He grins, and jumps back through the portal.

Decker reads the note, and then puts her hand on Butler.

"Butler, Vidalia sent you a message. Do you want me to read it to you?"

Butler, please don't blame yourself for this. I forgive you. You and Decker are the best friends I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

I am doing just fine and Corentin is taking care of me. Together, we will over come my problems.

I wanted to go to you, but the imp says that you are contagious. I can do nothing but hope for the best and to once again see you.

Take care Butler, and Decker. I will love you always.

Your friend, Vidalia.

Reinholdt
2009-06-13, 12:06 AM
Butler nods quietly to have the note read to him. And smiles a little as it gets to the end. Before resuming crying.
This time out of relief.
"Vidalia still loves me ma'am. I thought she hated me ma'am." What with the not loving him anymore for someone else and then getting eyes and ears blown up by him.

happyturtle
2009-06-13, 12:11 AM
"Oh darling, of course she still loves you," Decker says. "She knows you're nice and kind and always want to help people and have the most pettable ears and the most kissable kisses."

RabbitHoleLost
2009-06-13, 12:20 AM
Awkwardly, Siren reached up a hand to Adam, hesitated, and stopped.
"I don't really understand this radiation thing, Adam sir. How does it affect him in such a way? Pain, I know. But, really, what is pain?"
Rocking back and forth on her 'heels', she 'glanced' away. It was really all a show, mannerisms she had learned from watching the catpeople and their visitors.
Even when her materialization looked away, Siren could see everything at every point in the building.

Reinholdt
2009-06-13, 12:33 AM
Butler nods. "I understand ma'am. I just hope Comet will forgive me ma'am." Even if they both forgive him, it may be a while longer before he forgives himself.

"Pain? A bunch of neural responses to something we know is wrong. Or the brain recognizes as wrong anyways. A warning signal. As for the radiation itself? From drinking Nuka-Cola alone, even in large quantities, it shouldn't cause him to actually become a radiation emitter. But if these tests are accurate... he's somehow fused with the properties of the drink that gives off radiation. It makes no sense to me as to how that's possible, but... it's here."

RabbitHoleLost
2009-06-13, 12:41 AM
Siren rolled her eyes.
I...wonder where she picked that up? Certainly noone at the estate would have preformed such an act of disrespect.
"Master, I know what pain is. I could list off the scientific explanations and the psychological theories all day, if you asked me to. I was wanting something more of a..human answer."
That word. Humane. It had been rolling around in her mind since Marley's visit.
"What's it like, pain? What is it, exactly, 34126 is experiencing?"

Reinholdt
2009-06-13, 12:52 AM
"Oh. I'm so sorry. Forgive me, I've been up doing these tests since... thirty hours ago? More? I've lost track." He rubs his forehead. Sleep? What's that?

She probably picked up the eyerolling from Adam himself. Or perhaps some earlier adventures no one knows of. "Let's see... pain is... hurt, loss, sadness. It's... it's like if you have missing code. It's obviously there. It hurts. And it messes with all the other code if not dealt with properly. I'm not sure how else to describe it."

RabbitHoleLost
2009-06-13, 12:59 AM
"Oh." Siren frowned, her lower lip jutting out ever so slightly.
"So strange your gods would make you like that..."

Reinholdt
2009-06-13, 01:03 AM
"Gods? Ha! Evolution made us this way. Gods are merely those who found a way to evolve an extra step. But pain has its purpose. Like I said, it's a warning system. To let us know when something is wrong. It's really rather important, difficult as it is."

He gives her a small smile. "Take 34126 for instance. If he wasn't experiencing pain, he wouldn't know there was something wrong and then by the time we found out it'd be too late to fix." He glances over at his charts. As it is it may already be...

happyturtle
2009-06-13, 05:54 PM
Issi climbs through the hell portal again. "Mr Darkcomet give me message to be saying to you. He say 'It's fine. I know Butler didn't mean to blow up the armory... And make sure they know I'll be fine. That's all.'" The quoted part of the message is a perfect imitation of Darkcomet's voice, exactly as he delivered the message. Issi beams in pride at having remembered it.

Reinholdt
2009-06-13, 05:59 PM
Butler smiles a little and hugs Decker tight, despite looking at Issi. "Thank you sir."

happyturtle
2009-06-13, 06:03 PM
"Issi can take a message back to either of them for you, if you want," Decker says to Butler.

"Yes, Sir, Master Butler! I am very much good at messages!" Issi says proudly.

Reinholdt
2009-06-13, 06:04 PM
:smalleek:
"A message sir? I wouldn't know what to say sir..." He'd have to think about it. And we know how bad he is at thinking.

happyturtle
2009-06-14, 07:04 PM
"Oh! Lady Dekaros! I am remembering something I was forgetting before! The reason I coming to see you was not to delivering messages, because I were not knowing that you having of messages to be delivered. I finding you because of this."

He takes out a small leather pouch and hands it to Decker. She opens it, and takes out a collar with a mithril bell that Butler will recognize.

Reinholdt
2009-06-14, 07:12 PM
:smalleek:
"My collar sir! I had to leave that behind to not get caught sir!"
Wow. He really was smarter back then...

"I thought it was gone forever sir. How did you ever find it sir?!" Ah the good old Thanksmasnewyearskwanzaakkah holiday. Boy those were good happy times, filled with gifts and good cheer and electric water spouts.

happyturtle
2009-06-14, 07:22 PM
Decker beams and puts the collar on Reinholdt, while kissing him.

"I was to be cleaning dungeon, Master Butler, and I finding it. It having smell of you and of Lady Dekaros, so I bring it. And before I to saying anything, Lady Dekaros say 'Issi, please to deliver messages for me' and so I do!"

And no, this explanation doesn't come now because Decker's player forgot to explain where she got an imp messenger from. Not at all. >.>

Reinholdt
2009-06-14, 07:36 PM
Butler smiles warmly and bats the bell. It makes the most beautiful musical chime.

Before he leaps forward to hug Issi. "Oh thank you sir!"

happyturtle
2009-06-14, 07:44 PM
Issi is surprised, then hugged, then, after a moment, hugs Butler back. Then when he pulls away, he bows to Butler.

"It is very much being my pleasure, Master Butler." He is brimming over with pride at having done such a good job. :smallbiggrin:

"Thank you, Issi," Decker says. She's just so happy to see Butler smiling again.

Reinholdt
2009-06-14, 07:54 PM
Well he hasn't fully forgiven himself, but he's got a fair amount of good news recently.

Plus it'd be wrong to have Butler unhappy for extended periods of time.

"You can come and visit anytime sir." He hops on the bed to sit next to Decker and bat his mithril bell a bit more.

happyturtle
2009-06-14, 08:04 PM
Issi looks at Decker, with hope in his eyes.

She grins. "Anytime you want. Definitely. You can do much more fun things here than back in hell with the silly war."

Issi cheers and claps his hands, hopping from one foot to the other.

Reinholdt
2009-06-14, 08:28 PM
Butler nods in agreement to Issi.

"There's a war ma'am? Why ma'am? I don't see any reason to fight ma'am." Butler does not understand wars.

happyturtle
2009-06-14, 08:33 PM
"Do you remember in hell, when you had to wear that horrible armour that hurt your ears?" She kisses his ears when she remembers what he went through to save her. "All those demons and devils are at war. And if me and Issi go back there, they want us to fight in it. But you're right. There shouldn't be a war. It's much nicer here."

Reinholdt
2009-06-14, 08:50 PM
He murrs a bit when she kisses him. "I've never forgotten it ma'am." Though he still has no clue the difference between devils/demons and why they're fighting.

That's ok. Best not to go into it he supposes.

happyturtle
2009-06-14, 09:01 PM
I'm sure he agrees with the sentiment that nice people like Issi are better off out of it though. :smallsmile:

Decker is glad that he remembers. She was afraid that whatever was damaging his intellect had damaged his memories as well.

While he's in a good mood, she does what she can to encourage it, with snuggles and stories and games. Issi participates in the latter two. (He really doesn't understand hugs and snuggles yet, though he can probably learn.)

And so time will pass until Adam is ready to tell them something.

Reinholdt
2009-06-14, 09:06 PM
Oh. Adam's been ready. Said to come down later tonight to get the info... two days ago.

Which actually, in some freak twist of continuity just due to things happening, means today!

He'll have Siren pass on the message that Adam's ready to speak to them again.

happyturtle
2009-06-14, 09:44 PM
And so Decker and Butler go off to meet the Catmanelf!

Decker says goodbye to Issi, and he *poof*s away in a puff of smoke with the smell of brimstone. She's pretty sure that her being allowed in the labs is unusual, and that bringing other devils with her would not exactly be appreciated.

Reinholdt
2009-06-14, 11:09 PM
"Ah. There you are. Well... I think I have a good handle on what's wrong." He motions them over to a wall where he puts up four x-ray type pictures, two full-body, two brain only. After Butler gets that containment suit on of course.

"On the left we have Butler. On the right, a healthy catman." The left ones are... incredibly blurred. Almost smeared. "Now it should be fairly obvious that the radiation he emits screws the picture up. It's a wonder anything can be gleaned from it at all. But if you note here, here, here, and here," He points at various points on the full body picture. "These are the most blurred spots. And I believe the epicenter for the radiation emissions. Now, if we look at a healthy body we learn that all these spots line up perfectly with focal points of the endocrine system."

"Running a few tests to verify this, it would appear... however scientifically impossible... that the radiation emitting qualities of the Nuka-Cola has fused with certain parts of the endocrine system. Now this system is what controls emotions via hormones, electrical impulses and the like. So when the system sends the signals to initiate happiness or sadness or anger or whatever other emotion, then its simultaneously sending the signal to cause radiation emission. The more emotional, the more signals, the stronger the radiation."

"Now the good news is that I have devised two solutions to this problem. The first is more short term. A drug or pill that he'd have to take daily. What this drug would do is basically tell his endocrine system to stop sending so many signals. There would be some radiation still but in say... levels of that of your microwave. Nothing to truly be concerned about. However... the downside is somewhat... basically 34126 would lose a lot of his ability to feel emotion. It'd still be there, but dampened. Sort of like with a wet blanket or something."

"The other possibility would involve invasive surgery and DNA reconfiguration. Much like that of changing your race, something I offer here for those interested and willing to pay. So I have some experience in it, though I won't lie. This is a pretty much completely different part of the genome, so the chances of success are lower. Not to mention any number of possible complications."

He looks at the brain charts which he hasn't gotten to and frowns. "There's more... but do you have any questions about this part?"

I'm pretty sure Butler got stupider just listening to that explanation. And I didn't think that was possible. :smalleek:
But yeah. Flew right over his head.

happyturtle
2009-06-14, 11:24 PM
Decker squeezes Butler's hand. "It's okay, love. You're sick, but there are two different ways to make you better. We just have to decide on the best one."

She turns back to Adam. "I need to know more about the complications of the second method."

Reinholdt
2009-06-14, 11:32 PM
Adam shakes his head. "I don't know all the possibilities. It's not a usual operation. As in probably has never been done ever before. Ummm... some possibilities are... let's see. Well, for one, whatever fused him like this also made him immune to some of its effects. Namely death from radiation poisoning. So if operated incorrectly, the immunity could be removed before the fusion and that could be rather disastrous for him. There's also the chance of his endocrine system getting damaged anyways. He could say... lose the ability to be angry ever. Any number of things can go wrong with an operation like this. Someone skilled and experienced in these types of operations should reduce the risk of that happening greatly. However, you won't find someone experienced with this, only skilled. Which can be iffy."

happyturtle
2009-06-15, 09:03 AM
"Could we... start with the pills, and then if the emotional dampening is too much, have the surgery?" The thought of Butler without his usual joy is just too awful for Decker to contemplate. :smallfrown:

Reinholdt
2009-06-15, 09:57 AM
"Of course. Granted there's always a chance the surgery will go without complications, especially if proper prep time is put into it, but there will always be a risk. I had time to make a few of the pills. Enough for ten days for now." He hands Decker the bottle. He hands it to her because of the other problem he still needs to go into.

"Try it out and let me know how it goes. We can keep him here for study while he's on it and try to increase or decrease the dosage as appropriate until we find a good balance of what we want and what we don't of course. But that's up to you."

happyturtle
2009-06-15, 10:06 AM
Decker takes the bottle. "Butler, would you like to stay here for another week or two, while we try out the new medicine? I'll stay with you, of course, and Issi can come to visit."

Reinholdt
2009-06-15, 10:30 AM
Butler nods. He still doesn't really know what's going on, but he trusts Decker. Yay for having a grown-up!

He glances at his book from time to time to see if it has anything to say. It's been rather quiet as of late.

happyturtle
2009-06-16, 07:17 AM
Remember when they were locked up together, and Raven thought Decker was in danger from Butler because she looked like a child? :smalltongue:

Decker takes out the appropriate dosage of pills for Butler.

"Here, love, I need you to take these." Of course, he'll probably want some Nuka-Cola to take them with.

Kaelaroth
2009-06-16, 08:50 AM
The book's closed. It could open, perhaps, if prompted.

Reinholdt
2009-06-16, 02:12 PM
Butler looks around for some Nuka-Cola. And is also having trouble figuring out how to take pills with a suit on. While he stumbles around with that...

"Unfortunately, that's the good news. I want you to take a look here." He points at the blurry brain picture. "See these spots that are worse than the others? Those are usually related to the endocrine system so it fits. However this spot right here." He points to a large blur. Where does he come up with this stuff? "This spot is the part of the brain that makes connections. For instance, when hear the word "flower" you think of springtime, love, bright colors, and basically picture a flower in your mind. Same with say... "duck". You think of ducks. Usually calm, peaceful and floating in a pond or something. You might relate the ducks to some experience. For instance, there's ducks in the pond out back, so when I hear duck, I think of the times I sat out on the back porch and watched the ducks."

He points at the picture again at the large blur. "This does not fit with the problem we just discussed."

happyturtle
2009-06-16, 02:23 PM
"What does that mean?" Decker says, trying to control her seething hatred towards all duckly things.

Reinholdt
2009-06-16, 02:46 PM
"Quite frankly, I suspect a brain tumor. And based on the speed of his decline from last we met, I believe the radiation, both from drinking Nuka-Cola and whatever is causing him to generate it, has dramatically increased its growth speed." He frowns. This was a lot more serious than the other thing.

Butler does not find any Nuka-Cola for him to take the pills with. He is sad. :smallfrown:
And asks the book if it knows where to get some.

happyturtle
2009-06-16, 02:58 PM
"Butler, love, you can't have Nuka-Cola anymore," Decker says gently.

Reinholdt
2009-06-16, 03:07 PM
:eek:
"There's no more Nuka-Cola ma'am?!"

Adam sighs and sits down, waiting for the two of them to finish up with that so he could go back to explaining the real problem and what can be done about it.

happyturtle
2009-06-16, 03:16 PM
"We'll talk about it later, darling," Decker says, and takes the pills back from him.

"I'm sorry. Please continue, Adam."

Kaelaroth
2009-06-16, 03:19 PM
"A spell to rid the mind of the Ark's boils" The book says, as if for Decker, as it opens, while a picture for Butler, a Nuka-Cola vendor shaking his head, with empty hands, and empty stalls, appears.

happyturtle
2009-06-16, 03:22 PM
"We can't talk now, Book," Decker says firmly. "Please close."

Reinholdt
2009-06-16, 03:25 PM
Butler pouts. No more Nuka-Cola. Even the book says so. :frown:

"Unfortunately, it should be fairly obvious that Chemotherapy won't do any good. Which means the only possible way I see is to remove it. Now, the other option is to leave it there and ignore it. Unfortunately, I suspect that doing so will cause 34126 to go brain-dead in anywhere from four months to a year. It's really been attacking his brain. He'll become a vegetable if not treated."

"Like Vidalia sir? That's not so bad sir." :smallsmile:

Adam isn't sure what to say to that. But doesn't seem to have noticed the book. Well until Decker says something about the book. Then he notices. But says nothing.

happyturtle
2009-06-16, 03:34 PM
"No, darling, it would be like if she turned into an onion and couldn't change back. It would be very bad." *gentle squeeze*