PDA

View Full Version : Cleric Help Please!!

Saint Nil
2009-03-19, 08:31 AM
My build for a cleric this summer(first 10 levels)
Cleric
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Cleric
Cleric
Prestige Paladin
Prestige Paladin
Prestige Paladin
Cleric

I lose two caster levels but instead gain a free feat and almost all of the good paladin abilities.

My problem is, I don't know which would be good feats for my character, I have a few planned out, but have little experience in creating a great build. Thus, I turn to the forums.

Anything you can do to help make my character better would be great. The feats I intend to take are Combat Casting, Shielded Casting(as long as I have a shield, no attacks of opportunity when spell casting), and intuitive attack. Another feat I'm interested in taking is Knowledge Devotion, for in-character reasons.

An important thing to know is that my DM hates overpowered or cheesy things, so please stay away from things such as that. I want a powerful character, but not so powerful my DM will smack me for it.
Please help me forums! You are my only hope!

Tempest Fennac
2009-03-19, 08:40 AM
Practiced Spellcaster (Complete Arcane, I think, and Crystal Keep's feat page) wouldn't give you more spells or spell slots, but it would increase your caster level by 3, so that would be useful to take once you have 2 Prestigious Paladin levels which lack spellcasting progression. (Just out of curiosity, are you recreating your GLOG character or is this something else?)

Saint Nil
2009-03-19, 08:45 AM
(Something else). My character is currently the only spell caster, but my party also includes a TWF Warblade and a Warforged Crusader looking for a lockdown build.

Also, I lose one spell casting level out of those three prestige paladin levels. It took forever to finally get my DM to agree with the prestige paladin class.

Tempest Fennac
2009-03-19, 09:07 AM
Why wouldn;t he allow it? The ironic thing is that I staarted a thread about this 2 Saturdays ago and a couple of people completely buried the class. (Admittedly, someone else said it is better then a normal Paladin).