PDA

View Full Version : Epic ToB?

quick_comment
2009-03-19, 12:23 PM
Has anyone written up epic progressions for the ToB classes, and/or epic manuvers?

Kyeudo
2009-03-19, 12:48 PM
Most people like to pretend Epic doesn't exist, since it's so poorly written.

You'd need to create rules for Epic Manuvers, where cutting the time/space continuum in half is possible.

hamishspence
2009-03-19, 01:14 PM
I think WOTC site might have it- virtually every non-core class has an epic progression, including, I think Tomb of Magic ones (though that could be a Dragon article for binder, I'm not sure)

The Rose Dragon
2009-03-19, 01:14 PM
I think most people call that "Sidereal Martial Arts".

Honestly, due to the rapid increase in disparity between classes in D&D, epic is "martial characters lose, full casters win" to a very high degree. If you want to have epic martial arts action, I'd suggest playing Exalted.

In fact, I'd suggest playing Exalted either way.

Fixer
2009-03-19, 01:34 PM
Has anyone written up epic progressions for the ToB classes, and/or epic manuvers?Not that I am aware of.

However, if you apply the same concepts towards ToB classes as you do towards wizards (their closest counterparts at epic levels) you would want to create epic seed-based maneuvers, using Martial Lore to perform and limit the knowledge of how many of these epic maneuvers they can prepare to their knowledge-history skill (all ToB classes gain this skill as a class skill, and it seems somewhat more appropriate than knowledge-local). These sorts of things would be limited to times/day, as epic spells are, instead of times/encounter, as normal maneuvers are. They should also require an epic feat (Epic Maneuvers, just for a name) that requires the character already be able to ready 9th level maneuvers (as opposed to know 9th level maneuvers, which non-martial characters might know).

Stances, on the other hand, shouldn't probably be epic. I can't imagine an epic stance without going way beyond silly. (I stand in such a way that all creation is turned on its heel... whoops! Misstep! Damn, too bad about Zimbabwe.)

The_Snark
2009-03-19, 02:10 PM
There's at least one (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95516) on our homebrew forums. They're pretty balanced, especially by epic standards, although a couple of the feats (the strike-combining ones, mostly) could use clarification.

There's nothing akin to epic spellcasting, but then again, most games I've seen ignore the existence of epic spellcasting anyway.

Eldan
2009-03-19, 02:12 PM
Actually, since I was just looking at it...

Epic ToB classes (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95516)

Hooray for Ninjas! I mean, I even had the tab open.

monty
2009-03-19, 04:49 PM
If Epic Maneuvers are anything like Epic Spellcasting...this might actually make melee viable at that level.

Ascension
2009-03-19, 05:04 PM
If Epic Maneuvers are anything like Epic Spellcasting...this might actually make melee viable at that level.

I now have a mental image of Tippy creating a universe... with a sword!

Kyeudo
2009-03-19, 05:27 PM
In fact, I'd suggest playing Exalted either way.

Seconded. You can mechanically shatter Exalted in so many ways, but nobody cares because they're too busy punching out Cthulu and need all the help they can get.