PDA

View Full Version : [M&M 2e] Making a mimic?

BizzaroStormy
2009-03-19, 01:49 PM
I'm trying to make a mimic-type character who remembers abilities he sees and can use them himself. I'm just not sure what powers to take.

Arcane_Snowman
2009-03-19, 03:16 PM
It's always prudent to have at least high Toughness or Defense, because getting hit can get quite vicious, quite quickly.

Apart from that, you might want some mode of transportation other than feet, but from there it's just a matter of getting the Mimic Trait ability.

BizzaroStormy
2009-03-19, 05:21 PM
Well, let me first say that my DM was the last person I had hoped to see reply in this but w/e.

Now, for the power, I was thinking level 2 Mimicry (lets me use any one ability) with the perception extra (gives perception range and no attack roll), as well as the tainted flaw (I gain drawbacks of target power). The only issue is I want my character to be able to remember the ability and call it up at will.

This is my primary power once I get it fleshed out, then I'll put points into other stuff.

Arcane_Snowman
2009-03-20, 05:11 AM
Well, let me first say that my DM was the last person I had hoped to see reply in this but w/e. heh, well wouldn’t I be the best person to talk to about such a thing as this?

Now, for the power, I was thinking level 2 Mimicry (lets me use any one ability) with the perception extra (gives perception range and no attack roll), as well as the tainted flaw (I gain drawbacks of target power). The only issue is I want my character to be able to remember the ability and call it up at will. Get the Continuous extra, and increase the duration to permanent (an overall +0). Add in another +2 as an extra and I'll allow you to be capable of doing what you want. Keep in mind that the +2 is there because it mediates as a kind of Dynamic Alternate Power (page 108) and it also allows you to reuse your previously mimiced abilities after your power has nullified.

So to recap every rank of 2nd level remembrance mimicry is 6 PP/rank (2 Level 2 + 1 Continuous +0 (+1 Duration -1 Permanent) Permanent +2 Perception +2 Arbitrary -1 Tainted).