PDA

View Full Version : Exalted Advice

AngelOmnipotent
2009-03-19, 07:37 PM
I'm starting a game of Exalted, 4 players, 2 of which have never played before. I'm one that hasn't played before.

I'm playing (apparently) a Solar Exalted, Dawn Caste, Melee focused with a bit of Thrown and the game is set in "The West" as he keeps saying. So my character is, apparently a Tya with both the "Overindulgence" and "Foolhardy Contempt" flaws. I can get into the roleplaying side of things very easily, but I need advice as far as the actual system is concerned.

What is the most important thing to do with a character aside from staying alive? I know you have to do a lot of descriptions for your attacks in combat and get stuff for how good that description is, but how does that work exactly and how much of a thesaurus do you have to swallow?

As a Melee character I haven't picked my charms yet, so what should I focus on? Think Swashbuckler type of character concept with throwing daggers and small grenade-like throwing things. Smoke bombs, etc. All characters can still be tweaked since we haven't started yet if anyone suggests specific starting stats, but any info would be useful :smallredface:

The main reason I ask is because I don't want to hold up the game every 5 seconds asking what something is as I don't have any of the source books handy. Maybe just someone's experience with the system to explain how they found it?