PDA

View Full Version : character revision from 3.5 to 4e

Froogleyboy
2009-03-19, 08:49 PM
We are updating our characters from 3.5 to 4E but there are NO HALF-ORCS!!:smallfurious:

i need help

Siosilvar
2009-03-19, 08:50 PM
AFAIK, the best thing to do is a complete rebuild.

If you want more help than that, you need to give more information.

Froogleyboy
2009-03-19, 09:01 PM
well we are in the middle of a campaign which started out in 3E and we have revised our charcter for every new edition. If it matters I'm a Half-Orc Rogue

Oracle_Hunter
2009-03-19, 09:02 PM
PHB II has Half-Orcs.

And they actually make pretty good Rogues now. Lucky you :smallsmile:

Tiki Snakes
2009-03-19, 09:11 PM
PHB II has Half-Orcs.

In addition to this, I'd just like to point out that the Players Handbook 2 is, in general, pretty frickin tasty, and well worth having a look at. It even has the unthinkable - a picture of half-orcs where they don't look like they've been beaten in the head with a spade as a child!

holywhippet
2009-03-19, 09:17 PM
I can't help notice they've completely avoided any implication that half-orcs are the result of rape though. None of their possible origin stories suggest such a thing.

Mando Knight
2009-03-19, 09:25 PM
PHB II has Half-Orcs.

Anyone else think that WotC takes some (re-) design hints from Order of the Stick? Case in point: Half Orcs are now a good Rogue race. "Ninja" is one way to play the Rogue. OotS has a rather popular (though deceased) character who is a Half-Orc ninja. Coincidence?

Flabbicus
2009-03-19, 09:27 PM
Anyone else think that WotC takes some (re-) design hints from Order of the Stick? Case in point: Half Orcs are now a good Rogue race. "Ninja" is one way to play the Rogue. OotS has a rather popular (though deceased) character who is a Half-Orc ninja. Coincidence?

In a word: yes.

Tiki Snakes
2009-03-19, 09:36 PM
One day, I thoroughly intend to play a Half-Orc with the implied very ugly backstory (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0555.html)

Shwepie
2009-03-19, 09:50 PM
We are updating our characters from 3.5 to 4E but there are NO HALF-ORCS!!:smallfurious:

i need help

PHB2 is your friend, my friend!

Half-Orc Racial Traits;
Average Height: 5' 9" - 6' 4"
Average Weight: 155-225 lb.

Ability Scores: +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity
Size: Medium
Speed: 6 squares
Vision: Low-light

Languages: Common, Giant
Skill Bonuses: +2 Endurance, +2 Intimidate
Half-Orc Resilience: The first time you are bloodied during an encounter, you gain 5 temporary hit points. The temporary hit points increase to 10 at 11th level and to 15 at 21st level.
Swift Charge: You gain a +2 bonus to speed when charging.
Furious Assault: You have the furious assault power.

Furious Assault Half-Orc Racial Power
Your monsterous wrath burns inside you, giving strength to your attack.
Encounter Power
Free Action Personal
Trigger: You hit an enemy
Effect: The attack deals 1(W) extra damage if it's a weapon attack or 1d8 extra damage if it isn't.

I forget if favoring has anything to do with multiclass in 4e but it favors Barbarian, Fighter, Ranger and Rogue classes and I can see why with that +2 to strength and dex.

All info taken from PHB2, get it when it comes out as WotC has it classed as a Core book and because it is awesome.

Question: Why are ALL the 4e books magically appearing before the release in the form mass production master copies? O.o

EDIT: If I am breaking any rules sorry. At least let the guy jot down the info he needs before you tear this down.

Shwepie
2009-03-19, 09:59 PM
One day, I thoroughly intend to play a Half-Orc with the implied very ugly backstory (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0555.html)

Awesome, awesome backstory! I played a half-orc once, his parents were half-orcs. When my DM thought this was original I left the group and never looked back.

EDIT: Ahem, I ment unoriginal, sorry.

Also, I like how the half-orcs in the PHB2 look more like ugly humans than pretty orcs...if that makes sense.

Froogleyboy
2009-03-19, 10:56 PM
OMG!!1! They brought back Gnomes and SORCERERS! I almost cried with joy. I started dancing when I seen that goliaths are in 4E. PHB2 is pimptastic!

Random NPC
2009-03-19, 10:58 PM
I have to say that PHB2 made me want to play again.

Avengers look so sweet :smallbiggrin:

Froogleyboy
2009-03-19, 11:17 PM
I have to say that PHB2 made me want to play again.

Avengers look so sweet :smallbiggrin:

I have to agree. When i seen 4E I thought "Well, there goes DnD." But I really wana get into 4E now