PDA

View Full Version : Speculation ahoy!

Gilthans
2009-03-20, 12:58 AM
After killing ABD and interacting with hir family and possibly contacting Haley, V decides to make use of hir ultimate arcane power and finish her contract with Roy: kill Xykon. After doing so, ze will be at odds about what to do next. Redcloak, spotting the opportune moment, will convince hir to do exactly what he wanted Xykon to do: [SoD spoiler]
Capture the gate and use it to manipulate the gods to create a better world for the xp races.
V, not being utterly evil, will see that RC's intentions are not as evil as previously advertised, and will agree to his terms, allowing that the main races also get a fair chance in this new world.

And thus, all's well and ends well.

Discuss!

David Argall
2009-03-20, 01:05 AM
And the story ends at the end of the current book, instead of 500 pages from now. And despite foreshadowing of hundreds of those pages.

So it is not going to happen, unless it falls apart right away.

Morgan Wick
2009-03-20, 02:29 AM
Yeah, you're basically calling for the abrupt end of the story, before we can do stuff like meet Haley's father and Elan and Nale's father, not to mention before visiting Kraagor's Gate and thus rendering its existence pointless from a storytelling perspective.

Now I think most of what you're talking about is plausible, but I'm not turning yet another thread into an argument between myself and Argall.

mofabulous
2009-03-20, 02:59 AM
Killing Xykon will be an huge story arc. Not just V using the new powers to snuff him out while the party is still struggling to get back together.

Also why do I keep seeing when anyone talks about V they are using this new " hir " pronoun? It seems as if the majority of posters have come up with this as a way of identifying V as some double gender character.

V is not a double gender character.

V has no gender. Mr. Burlew has already stated V is Androgynous.

Definition - An androgyne in terms of gender identity, is a person who does not fit cleanly into the typical masculine and feminine gender roles of their society

You don't have to say " hir " anymore people. There is no debate over V being a male or female. V is neither. It just looks silly when you all try to pin gender on V.

That being cleared up...

From one of the authors notes in the war and xp book he stated that before the party comes together again " A heavy toll will be payed by one member ".

Its looking to be V whos gonna deal with a major issue. I'm thinking V's family is going to meet some tragic end by the new epic magic. We know the IFFC is going to use V for their purposes and that story hasnt even started yet so there must be quite a few more chapters planned.

Zanaril
2009-03-20, 04:05 AM
Also why do I keep seeing when anyone talks about V they are using this new " hir " pronoun? It seems as if the majority of posters have come up with this as a way of identifying V as some double gender character.

It's a less demeaning way of saying "it". Everyone's getting tired of having their eyes bludgeoned by "he/she" and "him/her". It's not saying V's both, it's just saying we don't know and don't have an opinion.