PDA

View Full Version : intuitive attack (3.5 redux) and tactical mind

Stycotl
2009-03-20, 01:52 AM
Intuitive Attack (Redux)
Your martial training and instinctive understanding of combat guides your weapon more than brute strength.
Prerequisites: +3 base attack bonus, 13 Wisdom
Effects: When you attack with any weapon with which you are proficient, you may add your Wisdom modifier to the attack roll in place of your Strength or Dexterity modifier if doing so would be advantageous to you.

why? because there was no reason to make this an exalted feat, and there is no reason that it should only work for simple weapons.

Tactical Mind
Your grasp of combat strategy and martial discipline allow you to use the strength of your mind, rather than the strength of your arm, to guide your attacks.
Prerequisites: +3 base attack bonus, 13 Intelligence
Effects: When you attack with any weapon with which you are proficient, you may add your Intelligence modifier to the attack roll in place of your Strength or Dexterity modifier if doing so would be advantageous to you.

Deceptive Strikes
Your movements and intentions are so difficult to read in combat, that enemies have a difficult time reacting to your attacks.
Prerequisites: +3 base attack bonus, Cha 13
Benefit: When you attack with any weapon with which you are proficient, you may add your Charisma modifier to the attack roll in place of your Strength or Dexterity modifier if doing so would be advantageous to you.
Credit: Xefas

Pie Guy
2009-03-20, 10:41 PM
Why do you have wisdom as a prerequisite for tactical mind?

RTGoodman
2009-03-20, 10:44 PM
Here's one thing - I'd just eliminate the BAB requirement for each. I mean, Weapon Finesse has that annoying +1 that I usually houserule out anyway, so if anything I'd drop it down to that level.

Also, yeah, change "Wisdom" to "Intelligence" in the second one.

Stycotl
2009-03-20, 10:54 PM
oops. typo. fixed. thanks. look at that–four, one-word sentences. nifty. that makes five.

EDIT: oh yeah, forgot. i'm not getting rid of the bab requisite. for houserules, go right ahead. but for standard purposes, i think that it is fitting.

Xefas
2009-03-20, 11:11 PM
Considering Bluff is a Charisma-based skill, and the Feint action (which uses Bluff, obviously) makes enemies easier to strike, how about a similarly fluffed Charisma feat?

Something like:

Deceptive Strikes
Your movements and intentions are so difficult to read in combat, that enemies have a difficult time reacting to your attacks.
Prerequisites: 4 ranks in Bluff, Cha 13
Benefit: When you attack with any weapon with which you are proficient, you may add your Charisma modifier to the attack roll in place of your Strength or Dexterity modifier if doing so would be advantageous to you.

Stycotl
2009-03-21, 01:37 AM
that one looks good, though for my games, i'd switch it to a bab requirement.