PDA

View Full Version : Nazi Zombies Just Got so much better!!

late for dinner
2009-03-20, 01:45 PM
So yesterday Infinity Ward gave me one of the greatest Birthday presents ever. They released their new map pack for Call of Duty: World at War....which, by the way, I like more than COD4. I like world war two weapons better. Anyways, The 3 multiplayer maps are some of the most beautiful maps I have ever seen in a video game. The best part of the map pack, though, was the new Nazi Zombie stage. It takes place in the Assylum...(I think I spelled that wrong)...They took one of the greatest easter eggs in any game and made it so much better. I will describe it for you. You and 3 other soldiers are stuck in a hospital for the insane. Instead of being together, they split the party up. 2 in one half, and 2 in the other half of the building, which, by the way, is massive. You hear your character say, "We gotta get the power on!" Yes that is right, in order to unite with your party, you must make your way upstairs and get to the power generator room so you can turn the power on and open up the door that is blocking you off from the other two people. The Random weapon crate is in the power room. So first off, they actually give you an objective: Reunite with your party. Along the way, you will see "Perk" dispensing machines that give you perks such as Juggarnaut and Double Tap. Also an "Instant revive" machine that I havent survived long enough to actually use. There are more weapons along the wall which include bouncing bettys and an actual Deployable Machine Gun.

The sounds are way more creepy. The zombies just crawl up out of the ground. If you are standing next to a window and the zombie is breaking it down, it will reach through and swipe at you and kill you that way. The game got a lot harder, but a lot more fun. You have to stay with your party like you are playing Left 4 Dead.

Last night I only played it in a 3 player party so One person was always alone on one side. I happend to be that player and even though it takes place in the day time, I probably jumped about 4 times out of fear and suprise. When you are alone, every zombie is a big deal. The crawlers just got faster and they crawl at you like they are the little girl in Poltergeist.

Over all, I say to anyone who likes COD: WAW, get this upgrade. Nazi Zombies is worth it alone.